Has anyone read Legendlore?

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Spectrum

Has anyone read Legendlore?

Post by Spectrum »

Onyx path just started a new LegendLore Kickstarter.

Is anyone familiar with the comic that it is based on? Kinda sounds like a Woke version of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon from the 80s.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Has anyone read Legendlore?

Post by Ares »

I have a couple of issues from back when the book was just called "The Realm", which I got in a quarter bin at my local comic shop. The comic didn't really come off as particularly woke, it was just about some people from our Earth that wound up in a fantasy world, and they gain abilities comparable to classes of that new world based on their own skills. The jock becomes a Fighter, the nerd becomes a Wizard, etc. I'm actually interested in tracking down the trades of that series to get some more context, but generally I'm always interested in seeing how these kinds of things get adapted into an RPG.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

It looks like DriveThruComics has three volumes of three issues each.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I just found out that the Kickstarter on the rpg has been canceled/delayed.
saint_matthew

Post by saint_matthew »

Spectrum wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:04 pm Onyx path just started a new LegendLore Kickstarter.

Is anyone familiar with the comic that it is based on? Kinda sounds like a Woke version of the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon from the 80s.
Can't say I'm familiar with the system.

But it's funny you should mention the D&D cartoon, just the other week I was discussing with a couple of people the idea of a D&D Isekai concept game, using D20 modern characters to represent people from the modern world getting sucked in to a D&D style world running on D&D 3.5 rules, utilising the rules from Weapons of Legacy.

But we couldn't figure out if the two different rulesets were compatible.

Edit: Sorry to hear the kickstarter you were interested in was cancelled.

Edit 2: Oh wow, I just came up with a name for my concept.... Rural Mechanica.... You know because it's the opposite of the Urban Arcana D20 modern concept & the opposite of Urban Arcana is Rural Mechanica. LOL, that's either hilarious, or I've lost my mind entirely. To sleepy to tel, so off to bed I go.
Last edited by saint_matthew on Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

From what I've read, the system was going to basically be an adaptation of D&D 5th edition, and serve more like a sourcebook for a setting where the idea of humans traveling between a modern and fantasy is the major conceit.

I think for pulling off a more a Modern Characters in a D&D Setting, there's the various AGE RPGs put out by Green Ronin. I've played a game of the Fantasy AGE RPG, and it works pretty well as a generic fantasy system. Since it also has a Modern AGE equivalent, it might be possible to combine the two into one game.

Or you could use TORG Eternity, which has genre crossovers from a modern world and a fantasy world built into the concept.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

I've recently started reading Fate before bed. I haven't really played with the mechanics to see how well they work but there are some really interesting ideas in character generation that could allow it to be used across tons of genres.

d20 Modern is sorta/kinda/not really compatible with the 3.5 series. However, AEG (not AGE) put out a great 3.5 modern rules set in Spycraft and was also used for a Stargate system using the same rules. Some of the rules were also shared with the early d20 Star Wars editions that were released around the same time as I-III
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ares wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:47 pm From what I've read, the system was going to basically be an adaptation of D&D 5th edition, and serve more like a sourcebook for a setting where the idea of humans traveling between a modern and fantasy is the major conceit.

I think for pulling off a more a Modern Characters in a D&D Setting, there's the various AGE RPGs put out by Green Ronin. I've played a game of the Fantasy AGE RPG, and it works pretty well as a generic fantasy system. Since it also has a Modern AGE equivalent, it might be possible to combine the two into one game.

Or you could use TORG Eternity, which has genre crossovers from a modern world and a fantasy world built into the concept.
I heard of this really good superhero role-playing game from Green Ronin that works extremely well for a variety of character types which could be adapted to serve the purpose, but I doubt anyone here has heard of it.
Formerly known as Narsil on the ATT and Ronin Army forums.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:17 pm
Ares wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:47 pm From what I've read, the system was going to basically be an adaptation of D&D 5th edition, and serve more like a sourcebook for a setting where the idea of humans traveling between a modern and fantasy is the major conceit.

I heard of this really good superhero role-playing game from Green Ronin that works extremely well for a variety of character types which could be adapted to serve the purpose, but I doubt anyone here has heard of it.
Goodness knows what the future holds for the company, the industry, or the world given current circumstances, but a campaign book for different historical/legendary eras may be released in the near future, depending on the scale of our ongoing cataclysm.

Let us hope the toll of this pandemic is fewer than expected. For all our sakes.

All my best.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:17 pm I heard of this really good superhero role-playing game from Green Ronin that works extremely well for a variety of character types which could be adapted to serve the purpose, but I doubt anyone here has heard of it.
Because why promote other game systems when we could talk about the most popular system on the message board. :roll:

Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

Ares wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:28 am
Scots Dragon wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:17 pm I heard of this really good superhero role-playing game from Green Ronin that works extremely well for a variety of character types which could be adapted to serve the purpose, but I doubt anyone here has heard of it.
Because why promote other game systems when we could talk about the most popular system on the message board. :roll:
Or you know. It's a joke.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Ah, come on guys. We should all be nice to each other in a time like this. Silly thing to argue about.
Scots Dragon

Post by Scots Dragon »

greycrusader wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:53 am Ah, come on guys. We should all be nice to each other in a time like this. Silly thing to argue about.
Being polite to each-other, on the internet?

Sounds like heresy to me.