Your Favorite Crossovers - Book and Comic edition

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Your Favorite Crossovers - Book and Comic edition

Post by Ares »

You know, spent New Years sick, I spent hours waiting in the doctors office to get checked out, decided to knock out some work at the office while the local pharmacy worked on my prescription, found out they lost my prescription and I'll have to wait until tomorrow, and generally I've mostly wasted my time while making occasional bursts of productivity.

But you know what?

Today's a GOOD DAY. :)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:53 pm You know, spent New Years sick, I spent hours waiting in the doctors office to get checked out, decided to knock out some work at the office while the local pharmacy worked on my prescription, found out they lost my prescription and I'll have to wait until tomorrow, and generally I've mostly wasted my time while making occasional bursts of productivity.

But you know what?

This begs the question, since Castle Greyskull is a repository of power and it exists in multiple points in time, is it possible that it's in fact a manifestation of the Rock of Eternity?
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

In that issue, the Wizard Shazam describes the Rock of Eternity to Adam as as "It is everywhere, beside nothing, indirectly adjacent to your own Castle Grayskull". So they occupy a similar place but aren't directly linked to one another.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Ares wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:53 pm You know, spent New Years sick, I spent hours waiting in the doctors office to get checked out, decided to knock out some work at the office while the local pharmacy worked on my prescription, found out they lost my prescription and I'll have to wait until tomorrow, and generally I've mostly wasted my time while making occasional bursts of productivity.

But you know what?

Oh that is a beautiful sight...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I just realize Shazam just created a White Adam there.

HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

finished up Rick And Morty/Dungeons and Dragons

pretty decent mini-series. even had Dungeon Master in it.

Was a legitimately good story where Jerry, JERRY, ended up being the biggest hero and the best D&D player and even got to lay the verbal smack down, pointing out to Morty that with his charisma boost he can see that Rick isn't cool. He can do cool things, but when he doesn't have the tools to do those things he's just miserable....which is what he truly is all the time. And Jerry also throwing out he's not cool now because he's charismatic. He's just charismatic.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 7:32 am
Batgirl III wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 am
Woodclaw wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:53 pm

I was kind of bummed that it didn't turn out that Hank was Bones's ancestor ... in a way it would have made sense, Bones was already 137 years old when he toured the Enterprise-D during its maiden voyage, all in all I wouldn't be surprised to discover he was a mutant.
Average lifespan in the 23rd Centurty is into the 130’s, so Admiral McCoy is just above average but within the statistical margin. But I’m totally adopting it as head canon that he has Hank as an ancestor.
I'm not sure if that was canon before the reboot movies established that in the alternate timeline Archer lived up to 131 years. From what little I remember from some previous interactions, Bones was considered something of an exception.

I'd always heard McCoy had a longer lifespan due to that machine in one of the episodes that saved his life. The World is Hollow and I have Touched The Sky I think. Like it saved his life from the terminal disease he had contracted, but also extended it greatly.
Davies

Post by Davies »

An interesting crossover just started this week in the syndicated Dick Tracy comic strip -- in which Detective Tracy receives a request for aid in the investigation of the kidnapping of one Nero Wolfe.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Oh my.
That's quite the kidnapping considering his size, and his absolute dislike of anything resembling fresh air. ;~)

Always been a big fan of the Nero Wolfe radio series with Sydny Greenstreet playing the lead.
Davies

Post by Davies »

At a guess, he's been lured out by something relating to one of the two things that have gotten him to leave the brownstone for extended periods -- the old days in Montenegro, and the late, unlamented Arnold Zeck.

Or maybe someone threatened to kill an orchid, who knows.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Ken

Post by Ken »

The Archie / Batman '66 crossover was okay. It had weirdness like Dick and Barbara going undercover at Riverdale High. Batman and Robin aren't supposed to know Barbara's secret (and vice versa), and Barbara was already nearly 30.

It did have a great two line gag when Betty (Cooper) mentions she should go to Gotham and visit her Aunt Harriet. Robin then asks "Harriet Cooper?"
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.