Umbrella Academy

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Tattooedman

Umbrella Academy

Post by Tattooedman »

So has anyone watched this yet? I'm about halfway way through it & have to admit that it's pretty good.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
FuzzyBoots

Re: Umbrella Academy

Post by FuzzyBoots »

What I've seen so far is good. I do think the common criticism of it, that holding back on the superpowers for the first few episodes makes it feel like every other estranged family drama out there, is valid.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I've watched it.

I get Fuzzy`s point, but figured it was more of a buildup than just another dysfunctional family...

Five is my favourite character. His actor really sells that he's older than he appears. Correction, Five and Dolores are my favourite characters. ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

At first Klaus annoyed me with his random "wacky guy" bits, but now he's kind of become my favorite as I've gotten to the part where they explain why he's that way.

Though I do think all the main actors did a good job with their parts.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

What episode are you up to?

I absolutely hated Klaus at first, then I was sympathetic to him, then it was... damn. That’s a good character and a great actor.
Which was my opposite development with Luther. Liked him... was sympathetic and end up not really caring about him.

Want season two already !!
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:56 pm What episode are you up to?
Just finished episode 7 this morning.
I absolutely hated Klaus at first, then I was sympathetic to him, then it was... damn. That’s a good character and a great actor.
That scene where Klaus finally talks to Hargreeves said a lot about how that man viewed the kids.
Which was my opposite development with Luther. Liked him... was sympathetic and end up not really caring about him.

Want season two already !!
Yeah, based on what I've watched so far I'm hoping they get the go ahead for a 2nd season.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Tattooedman wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:23 pm
That scene where Klaus finally talks to Hargreeves said a lot about how that man viewed the kids.
Slightly spoilery for those who haven't seen it...
The scene with Klaus in the Veteran's bar with the subsequent flashbacks... that's what redeemed the character for me.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The show felt like a lot of Netflix shows vs a broadcast tv like show. It sort of assumed you would binge(or do mini binges) it and not get caught up in characters starting out unlikable before the full characters dimensions were exposed later. In a crowded field of super hero like shows, it was refreshing to see a show mix the classic family torn apart by personal conflicts with classic super hero tropes like saving the world plus tossing in scifi concepts. After that ending, season 2 is setup to be really good.