Doom Patrol, The TV series.

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Darrin Kelley

Doom Patrol, The TV series.

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I was never a fan of the comics version. But 4 episodes in? This has me absolutely hooked. It's fantastic!
HalloweenJack

Re: Doom Patrol, The TV series.

Post by HalloweenJack »

Just from watching the trailers and a few scenes on youtube, this is the one thing that DC streaming service has that almost makes me want to get it.
Voltron64

Post by Voltron64 »

I've been watching it and I've been loving it. Just might be my favorite new show of the year.

I mean, look at how they handle Cyborg.

Not to mention, what happens next.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:46 pm Just from watching the trailers and a few scenes on youtube, this is the one thing that DC streaming service has that almost makes me want to get it.
From what I heard the DC streaming service isn't doing that hot. There WAS talk of Titans and Doom Patrol was being cancelled, but a quick check says that DP has been renewed for a second season. However, the subscription numbers have not been enough. I know you can get Titans season 1 on Netflix up here in Canada, and I'm pretty sure we'll get Doom Patrol too.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

lucky Canadians
JDRook

Post by JDRook »

Chris Brady wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:13 pm
HalloweenJack wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:46 pm Just from watching the trailers and a few scenes on youtube, this is the one thing that DC streaming service has that almost makes me want to get it.
From what I heard the DC streaming service isn't doing that hot. There WAS talk of Titans and Doom Patrol was being cancelled, but a quick check says that DP has been renewed for a second season. However, the subscription numbers have not been enough. I know you can get Titans season 1 on Netflix up here in Canada, and I'm pretty sure we'll get Doom Patrol too.
I gave in to temptation and am trying the 80 cent first month, even though I have to VPN to get it. Doom Patrol definitely made it worth it, and I like going through the old back issues since I couldn't afford to collect comics as a kid. I don't know if it's worth more to me per month than a Netflix account, though.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm lucky Canadians
Given that I'm not impressed with what they did to the Titans... I'm not sure that I'd consider myself lucky... If you like it, though, more power to you.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Chris Brady wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:27 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:30 pm lucky Canadians
Given that I'm not impressed with what they did to the Titans... I'm not sure that I'd consider myself lucky... If you like it, though, more power to you.

not so much lucky in that you have Titans (cause that looked like all kinds of ass) but that you have access to shows on Canadian Netflix that we don't on Netflix in the States, though as a friend of mine from Canada told me on FB they don't have season 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead yet up there, and we do.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Doom Patrol has not landed on UK Netflix yet sadly.

Watched Titans, which has some moments, but does miss the mark quite a bit.

The episode with Doom Patrol is great, though I am confused about the recasting of the Chief.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »