Godzilla King Of The Monsters

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Chris Brady

Re: Godzilla King Of The Monsters

Post by Chris Brady »

Darrin Kelley wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:52 pm This was a movie for Godzilla fans. Not general audiences. It didn't do a good job of explaining things to people new to the property. They focused too much on the human drama. Where they should have been giving a more deep explanation of the setting. So yeah. They dropped the ball on this.
Was it? Cuz, in my circle, they're split. But you're right, I'm not a Godzilla fan. I much preferred Pacific Rim (the first movie.)
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

Chris Brady wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:24 amWas it? Cuz, in my circle, they're split. But you're right, I'm not a Godzilla fan. I much preferred Pacific Rim (the first movie.)
I'm a fan of Pacific Rim as well. It has its own charm.

Godzilla is something else entirely. And i'm not really keen on seeing the two mix. Because it would result in the dilution of both.

But since you are not a Godzilla fan. Most of the references and call-backs were completely lost on you. Most of those easter-eggs carefully inserted into the movie you didn't understand. And that's a shame. Because it was full of references to the full history of Toho monster movies.
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

Just got it today on DVD. Watched it twice. Had fun all through it.