Comic Con Announcements...

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Bladewind

Comic Con Announcements...

Post by Bladewind »

Just saw the announcements from San Diego (and didn't see another thread on the subject...)

Dr Stranger 2 with Scarlet Witch.... sounds promising...

Thor: Love and Thunder. Like the premise, but the title...

And I was actually pretty happy about Blade...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Bladewind

Re: Comic Con Announcements...

Post by Bladewind »

And apparently in the CW Crisis on Infinite Earths... there will be two versions of Superman... one to be played by Brandon Routh !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The Picard announcements were the highlight of the news for me. After Discovery dashed my hopes of Star Trek coming back to the in good form, the Picard trailer and news gives me hope.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Saw in the comments of that trailer... did you notice the "2522 days since an assimilation" sign on the wall in the facility ? (The number of days is off, going by memory...) And Jeri Ryan... Looks like Seven of Nine is now Annika Hansen...
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I'm excited for some of the Phase 4 stuff like the Shang Chi film, but Thor: Love and Thunder is a big red flag for me. I already wasn't a fan of what they did to the Thor mythos in Ragnarok and hated what they did to Thor in Endgame, and this just sounds like more of the same by bring in Jane-as-Thor into the mix. Odin's lucky he's already dead given what that run did to his character.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

Ares wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:45 pm I'm excited for some of the Phase 4 stuff like the Shang Chi film, but Thor: Love and Thunder is a big red flag for me. I already wasn't a fan of what they did to the Thor mythos in Ragnarok and hated what they did to Thor in Endgame, and this just sounds like more of the same by bring in Jane-as-Thor into the mix. Odin's lucky he's already dead given what that run did to his character.
Agreed.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Saw in the comments of that trailer... did you notice the "2522 days since an assimilation" sign on the wall in the facility ? (The number of days is off, going by memory...) And Jeri Ryan... Looks like Seven of Nine is now Annika Hansen...
The whole Romulans experimenting/holding captive borg or ex borg has a lot of promise. The attention to detail seems stellar as well if it holds for the full series.