Youtube Recommendation: It'sJustSomeRandomGuy

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Youtube Recommendation: It'sJustSomeRandomGuy

Post by Ares »

And here's where I advertise for a Youtube channel about a guy playing with his action figures.

It's Just Some Random Guy is a creator who started out making videos comparing the Marvel and DC films of the time. The schtick was based off of the "Hi I'm a Mac and I'm a PC" videos of over a decade ago, using action figures as a cheap alternative to animation. IJSRG had a few things going for him tho. One is that he's a talented voice actor, and two is that he's actually really good at script writing, both humor and otherwise.

His videos actually pre-date the MCU, so we actually get a sort of time capsule of the era, of how things changed over time, of how Marvel went from the underdog while DC was killing it with the Dark Knight films to Marvel being top dog and DC struggling. He also works in actual storylines as well, which are a lot of fun.

I'd say the biggest strength of his writing is that he really GETS most of the characters, even when they're being a bit more sarcastic for the sake of humor. One of my favorite moments occurred when Lex Luthor offered Superman the chance to use time travel to fix things so that the DC films were more popular than the Marvel films.
Superman: What could possibly make you think I would help you destroy an entire universe?

Lex: Because it's the right thing to do.

Superman: You're insane!

Lex: Because the Marvel Universe has corrupted everything you stand for, all in the name of high drama. Think about it, Kal-El! Your job is to be an inspiration for people. Someone they can look up to, someone they can aspire to be like. In steadfastness, in character, in ideals, and what did Marvel offer? They said "Don't worry, you don't have to aspire to anyone in our books. You just have to relate to them." And now we have an entire culture that thinks that who they are is just fine, and how dare anyone suggest that they could improve themselves! Why aspire to be Superman when it's so much easier to relate to Spider-Man? No one wants to look up to you anymore, Superman. They don't want to strain their necks. Instead, they look straight ahead at the compromised heroes in front of them and say, "That'll do just fine." Don't you see? We have the power to put it all back the way it was! The way it should be! You can still be the inspiration you once were! You can still make a difference. Isn't that why you became a hero in the first place?

Superman: I also became a hero to stand for certain principles. And this thing you're suggesting, for better or worse it would be a lie. And of all the things I stand for, truth always comes first.
And yes, part of my shilling the site is because when my favorite character shows up, he gets treated very well for the most part.

So I'd say check him out. If you'd like some sample videos, here you go:

Avengers 1 vs The Dark Knight

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron vs Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice

Man of Steel vs Thor the Dark World

Batman and the Joker in "The Dinner Scene from Heat"

T'was the Dark Knight Before Christmas
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.