MARVEL TV Head JEPH LOEB Expected To Leave Company - Report

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

MARVEL TV Head JEPH LOEB Expected To Leave Company - Report

Post by Ares »

https://www.newsarama.com/47515-marvel- ... eport.html
Jeph Loeb, the long-time head of Marvel's Television division, is expected to leave the company, according to Variety. Citing unnamed sources, the Hollywood trade states Loeb is "in the market" for an exclusive deal with outside studios as a producer.

Loeb’s reported departure comes just a week after much of Marvel Entertainment was reportedly restructured to bring Marvel Comics, Marvel TV, and Marvel Animation under the supervision of newly-named Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige, who is also President of Marvel Studios.

Loeb was hired as Marvel's head of TV in June 2010, working with then-publisher (now president) Dan Buckley and reporting to Marvel Entertainment Chairman Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter.
I'm generally not one happy to hear about someone possibly losing their job or wishing ill on anyone . . . but in this case I'll make an exception. My dislike of Jeph Loeb is probably well known to most folks here, to the point where I'm sure some of you wonder if he wasn't personally responsible for some tragedy in my life. But no, I'm just not a fan of him as a writer and even less fond of his decisions as someone in charge of Marvel's television series.

So I hope this is true, because this can only improve the quality of Marvel TV. I mean, unless they put Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson or Noelle Stevenson in charge.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Hawk

Re: MARVEL TV Head JEPH LOEB Expected To Leave Company - Report

Post by Hawk »

Ares wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:04 pm https://www.newsarama.com/47515-marvel- ... eport.html
Jeph Loeb, the long-time head of Marvel's Television division, is expected to leave the company, according to Variety. Citing unnamed sources, the Hollywood trade states Loeb is "in the market" for an exclusive deal with outside studios as a producer.

Loeb’s reported departure comes just a week after much of Marvel Entertainment was reportedly restructured to bring Marvel Comics, Marvel TV, and Marvel Animation under the supervision of newly-named Chief Creative Officer Kevin Feige, who is also President of Marvel Studios.

Loeb was hired as Marvel's head of TV in June 2010, working with then-publisher (now president) Dan Buckley and reporting to Marvel Entertainment Chairman Isaac "Ike" Perlmutter.
I'm generally not one happy to hear about someone possibly losing their job or wishing ill on anyone . . . but in this case I'll make an exception. My dislike of Jeph Loeb is probably well known to most folks here, to the point where I'm sure some of you wonder if he wasn't personally responsible for some tragedy in my life. But no, I'm just not a fan of him as a writer and even less fond of his decisions as someone in charge of Marvel's television series.

So I hope this is true, because this can only improve the quality of Marvel TV. I mean, unless they put Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson or Noelle Stevenson in charge.
Judging from their track record, I would not get my hopes up.