6 Underground

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
FuzzyBoots

6 Underground

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Released to Netflix, action film directed by Michael Bay, starring Ryan Reynolds, Mélanie Laurent, Dave Franco, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Adria Arjona, Corey Hawkins, and Ben Hardy. For some, that may be all you need to know. And, well, it's pretty solid. It's got a lot of silly action, tons of explosions, a surprising amount of collateral damage (dozens of innocent bystanders die in the initial car chase in Florence), and some pretty decent character building. TL;DR summary is that a billionaire (Reynolds) organizes five people, all of whom faked their own deaths and cut their ties with the rest of the world, to take down bad guys. The main arc of this one involves him taking down a Middle Eastern dictator to put in his place his more democratic brother.

And watching this film is making me kind of want to try something like this or The Expendables in M&M... just at the edges of human ability, using superior firepower and liberal Hero Points to survive.
mrdent12

Re: 6 Underground

Post by mrdent12 »

For what it was, I enjoyed it. I can appreciate movies that don't try to be something they aren't and 6 Undrrground is Michael Bay unleashed with Ryan Renyolds being his usual character. It's not going to win any awards, but it's a fun well done popcorn action movie.