Film franchises that shouldn't have BEEN franchises

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
MacynSnow

Re: Film franchises that shouldn't have BEEN franchises

Post by MacynSnow »

The Karate Kid is the only one i can think of(that's not been mentioned) myself.

Don't get me wrong, first movie was lighting in a bottle (nice cast, good storyline, decent acting, good fights) but the second seemed to be missing something, the third was just a rehash of One but with more of a Stereotypical Villian in it(and that say's something if your more of a stereotype than JOHN KREESE) and the fourth was just a sad cash-in to keep the license. The Cobra Kai TV show at least try's to make it all make sense, but sometimes just can't seem to....
Davies

Post by Davies »

No Karate Kid II, no "Glory of Love". You really want to exist in that world?
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Davies wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:36 am No Karate Kid II, no "Glory of Love". You really want to exist in that world?
Better to suffer that fate than watch a good Movie franchise go down the drain ....
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 pm The Cobra Kai TV show at least try's to make it all make sense, but sometimes just can't seem to....
But where does the cartoon series fit in?🤔
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

NoOneofConsequence wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:54 am
MacynSnow wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 pm The Cobra Kai TV show at least try's to make it all make sense, but sometimes just can't seem to....
But where does the cartoon series fit in?🤔
I've got it worked out in my head like this:
The Beating that Chozen threw Daniel in 2 was so bad, they needed to operate to help him. The Cartoon was HIS version of Miguel's All-Valley Tornament fight in the beginning of Cobra Kai Season 3. It's not mentioned in the tv series 'cause Daniel's mom doesn't like his wife(he met her in rehab).
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I'm going to add Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure to the list. The first film was fun and ended nicely with Bill and Ted starting the band. The 2nd one, while having a few enjoyable moments like the games played with Death, was not very good. I have not seen the most recent movie so I don't know if it is any good.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

The second Bill and Ted at least saw the characters fulfilling their potential to bring about the Most Excellent Future; from reading the synopsis of the third film, this was retconned, turning the events of the first two into a red herring and betraying the character arc they underwent. So yeah, doing a sequel a quarter century later likely wasn't the best idea. Oh, and even for someone like me who thinks the whole 'SJWs are ruining pop culture!!!" thing is way overstated, the "twist" in Bill and Ted III seems like obvious pandering.

All my best.