Mortal Kombat Legends - Scorpion's Revenge

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Ares
Site Admin

Mortal Kombat Legends - Scorpion's Revenge

Post by Ares »

So I just got done watching this, and I actually enjoyed it. It's apparently done by the guys who did the recent DCU Animated movies, only now all of the blood, violence and cursing fits the source material. It managed to be pretty faithful to the source material while also throwing some curves, and unlike the previous animated Mortal Kombat adaptations, this is fully R-Rated and deserves it. It's bloody, gory, violent, but it's all fitting. The fights are generally very solid, and there's some legit funny moments as well.

Best of all, they remember that Scorpion is NOT a villain, he's more of an anti-hero who is also a wild card, because he's constantly struggling with his desire to be a good man versus his soul deep need for revenge, and how the latter pushes him to be selfish at the worst times.

I had a few gripes, but overall thought it was probably one of the best video game adaptations I've seen, and I'd recommend it to any Mortal Kombat fans.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.