Sailor Moon- Series Overview

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Jabroniville

Re: Sailor Moon- Series Overview

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #167: And it's the beginning of a new season- Sailor Stars! Naoko Takeuchi's final arc and the show's swan song is in motion! 34 episodes to go. And like, it's immediately apparent something's different because BOOM- out comes the Sailor Stars Theme Song, replacing 166 straight episodes of Moonlight Dentetsu... and the girls are all in High School!

OH MY FREAKING GOD AND IT'S BABY HOTARU IMMEDIATELY!!! Setsunah (Pluto... who's supposed to be DEAD, mind you) comes to pick her up and we're off! The girls all prepare for High School, with Minako now finally at the same school as Usago & co. (though Rei's still in her T*A Academy outfit and goes elsewhere)... and we even have new background music! I actually bought the Sailor Stars CD when I went to Japan in 1997 or so, so it's a kick to hear the same music I listened to for 20 years in an episode, finally.

Chibi-Usa & Diana finally prepare to return to the 30th Century... but Queen Nehelennia is awakened from her peaceful slumber! A mysterious voice informs her that her revenge was not complete (Sailor Moon & Chibi-Moon are still alive), and so she shatters the black mirror that represents her heart, sending shards of fear to Earth. So yes, for the first time ever, our vanquished foe returns for a later season, as Sailor Stars begins with a "Nehelennia Redux" arc! The shards cut a bunch of people (and one lodges in Mamoru's eye) as we finally see HARUKA & MICHIRU again (Michiru even flirts with Haruka by joking about staring at her all day), and they form Naked Nehelennias, which attack, but are destroyed by Pluto's "Dead Scream". Naturally, the others are stunned to see her again.

Then, in a wild scene, they smash around the "Mirror Paredri", but the things keep multiplying. Neptune saves Uranus from falling ("I said to cut back on the sweets" "Save the pillow talk for when we're in bed" !!!!), but while Pluto's been grappled, one of the Paredri prepares to impale baby Hotaru! Before anyone can be all "Um, why'd you bring the baby to the fight?" we get the creepy "Laaaaa laaaa... la-la-la-la laaaaa..." music, the Paredri is immolated, and the three Sailors are bathed in energy- they get their "Super" versions, with the transparent shoulder bits and heart-shaped chest crystals! WIth "New Powers", they use their old techniques and this time the Paredri are destroyed.

Oh, and then Hotaru stands up, appearing about 12 years old, stating "A great change is about to happen", as her foresight of Eternal Sailor Moon reappears in her eyes... but now the Princess is in danger, ensnared by vines.

So, um, this is different. The whole "Yay, High School!" beginning now sees the elder Sailors brought back into the fray, complete with the Senshi of Destruction.

(First Appearance: NEW OPENING SONG, New Ending Song Eternal Sailor Moon, Super Sailor Neptune, Super Sailor Uranus, Super Sailor Pluto, Mirror Paredri)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #168: So now the Outer Senshi appear to be raising a toddler-aged Hotaru as a strange surrogate family ("Daddy Haruka, Mommy Michiru & Mommy Setsunah!"), but she's growing each day, and SMART, too. But then she begins scrying our solar system, revealing a dark "malice" enshrouding the Moon, and becomes terrified in the most adorable way humanly possible. She tries to rest, but is awakened by the spectre of Queen Nehelennia, at which point that damn "Saturn" theme starts up, and her Guardian, the spirit of Saturn, brings back her proper age and memories. It's really amazing how they show the little girl smile sweetly at the memory of Hotaru meeting and befriending Chibi-Usa... but growing more and more upset as she recalls Uranus & Neptune attempting to kill her, Professor Tomoe's death at the hands of the Death Busters, and more- a harsh reminder of the brutality of their life.

But now Saturn is awakened. Meanwhile, Mamoru isn't himself, lashing out at Usagi and his poor 1990s computer as the shard in his eye glows stronger. And now the girls take Sailor form for the rest time this season, all transforming at once to fight some Paredri. However, their "one-frame-attacks" fail to stem the tide, and then the OUTER SENSHI arrive. And if that isn't shocking enough, they part to reveal "The Guardian of Ruin and Rebirth, Sailor Saturn"! Chibi-Moon has the expected reaction to seeing her old friend reborn, and Saturn is finally HAPPY for once, and that's adorbz. But Saturn tells Sailor Moon that "you must awaken as the True Moon Princess", and so everyone pulls their hearts together and empowers her for her ultimate form- Eternal Sailor Moon!

And there she is- in a costume so frilly it's got FIVE SETS OF WINGS ON IT, she now has two pairs on her back, long gloves & thigh-high boots, puffy pink shoulders, and a skirt that's yellow on top of red on top of blue- INSANE levels of detail for a 1996 show. Her old wand transforms into a giant sceptre, which one-offs all the Paredri before she reverts back to Sailor Moon and drops.

So with a more powerful Sailor Moon, things look great... except now Mamo feels that his body isn't his own. "Precisely. You're mine now" says Nehalennia, who appears beside him in the mirror. "Princess of the White Moon- I will take everything you love from you".

(First Appearance: Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss, Super Sailor Saturn)
Davies

Post by Davies »

This brief arc before the real Sailor Stars arc begins in earnest is actually a filler arc meant to finish up with Nehallenia as well as bringing the Outers back on stage.

Trivia: Just like Rashiku Ikimasho (the second Super S ending theme) the Sailor Stars opening theme was written by Takeuchi herself.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #169: A "lethargic sickness" is spreading throughout Tokyo, but the girls notice it's revolving around mirrors when a student becomes transfixed with hers ("How am I supposed to go on living without my mirror?"), and then Mamoru absolutely FILLS his apartment with them. He snaps at Usagi when she uses her duplicate key (HEY-OHHHH!) to "just barge in", but confesses to not being himself lately when she asks him what's going on... then immediately starts staring at himself again. Usagi FINALLY confesses her troubles to the other girls, and Rei makes the connection about mirrors, given the enemy they've all been fighting. This is a lot more introspective and slow than usual for this show, and I think it's a good fit. It really helps with the big close-ups of concerned faces on the girls, too- the art direction really takes a step up with that stuff.

So Setsunah & Hotaru show up to corroborate this, and the Sailors all run in to blow up Mirror Paredri at Mamo's apartment, but Usagi now recognizes the shadows she's been seeing, and Nehalennia appears in the mirror to confirm her worst fears! And then Nehalennia cuts this mega-heel promo about how Sailor Moon "laughed at my misfortune" while she was trapped, and she'll murder all of Usagi's friends, "Starting with this one", and pulls in a fawning Mamoru to her breast through the mirror in a terrifically evil moment. "Your little tricks are nothing compared to my power of darkness" as Mamo is like "yayyyyy my queeeeeennnnn...". "Watch as I hold the man you love in my arms. And watch as I fill the world with sorrow, hatred, and despair! My curse has filled this man's heart with nightmares- your voice can no longer reach him. By the coming dawn, this man's heart will be under my complete control. Can you reach me by then, Sailor Moon?". MIC DROP.

God damn what a bad guy.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #170: Shock of shocks, as Mamoru is taken away by Queen Nehalennia, Chibi-Usa begins to flicker, de-powers, and passes out! Setsunah gives us the dire diagnosis- if they don't free Mamoru from Nehalennia's grasp, "Small Lady" will never have been born! Time paradoxes and what-not. And while this is serious, I'm nonetheless amazed, because FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER, we get All Ten Sailors, all in one plalce, in their civilian outfits, talking business. THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE.

So Usagi gets so upset she tranforms into Eternal Sailor Moon on he rown, then flies off (oh shit she can just fly now- guess the wings aren't just for show). The others are like "this is a trap" and naturally Rei is the one most upset (diving into the dirt to stop Usagi), but Hotaru's the one to cut to the chase- they have a mission to "Protect Our Princess!", so they must follow. Everyone kinda smiles and agrees, and we're off, as we see now Nehalennia's curse has messed up Tokyo.

The Sailors use "Sailor Teleport" (which here is really just "Sailor Flying Around While Holding Hands", which is possibly the most shoujo thing ever), but despite their best efforts, they're split apart by Nehalennia throwing a wine goblet at her mirror, creating a shard-storm in space or whatever. This splits up the girls into some odd groups, creating some unique character interactions we don't normally see- unathletic Mercury (who spent all of her school years ignoring athletics for academics) is paired with ultra-fast Uranus, who grows impatient with her pace, but is herself kept from a Death Maze when Mercury suspects their struggles would be pointless and they should stay put. Nehalennia's like "Well guess that didn't work" and starts deflecting their attacks, knocking them around. It's the weak "Triangle Eyes" Director, so the fights aren't great, BUT...

And then, in an AMAZING moment, the "Dramatic Serious Music" plays as Ami recalls her own weaknesses, but also her true strength- "This is my way to fight". She begins calculating using her visor and computer, assessing things as Nehalennia slowly fries her ("I hate that look. The determined look of one who doesn't know how to give up. Don't look at me that way!" *red eye glare*). Uranus is shocked, and insists she fight, but Ami just goes back to her childhood- she didn't play basketball, but she was smart enough to make the strategy to make the team WIN! And so she figures out where Uranus should strike- she shatters a "Moon" casting an illusion- Nehalennia was a Mirror Paredri, which Uranus shatters with her sword. "How did you know?" "Her hair wasn't flowing in the wind". BALLER.

But then Nehalennia grabs both of them anyhow and traps them in mirrors, and we see Mars & Neptune next (Mars's confused reaction to Neptune saying that Mars & Moon are close "Like Uranus and me" is pretty funny).

Okay, this one turned out awesome. Can't wait to see the other groups fight on.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #171: Sailor Mars & Neptune get the focus here, but immediately we can see that it's a "wacky one" by contrast, with Sailor Mars plotzing at how much better Neptune is at everything, including spiritual intuition (THIS IS WHY PEOPLE THINK NEPTUNE'S A MARY SUE, WRITERS!), accidentally talking out loud ("You can read minds?!?" "But you were talking out loud..."), and being fooled by illusions and laughing it off when Neptune declares that they're too smart for such tricks. Mars gets one of those ego-stripping moments that's kind of at the heart of her character (a lot of bluster to hide insecurity and self-doubt), realizing how great Neptune is, but Nehalennia arrives and GRABS Neptune, who demands Mars kill her, because their mission is "to rescue the Princess, even if we die!". Mars struggles deeply, readies her Flame Sniper... and just whips it perfectly through Nehelennia's torso, not even grazing Neptune. Neptune congratulates Mars for her "finely honed senses", but both flop over in the water, which I guess was booby-trapped- they're both captured.

Venus & Pluto only get a little bit where Pluto figures that Venus is their leader (WTF?!? That's a MANGA thing, not an anime one!) and to leave her behind, but of course Venus ignores that directive and saves them both, getting over a collapsing bridge by using Venus Love-Me Chain as a whip. However, Nehalennia traps them both. Then Nehalennia tries to torture a now-brainwashed Usagi, trapped in a forgetful dreamscape... and Jupiter catches her arm, then friggin' JUDO-FLIPS HER! Well at least she gets a good solo showcase here- she talks smack to the Queen even when "Jupiter Oak Evolution" bounces off, then stands in the way to take a blast for Usagi! Nehalennia freaks out when Jupiter points out Usagi's strengths (using some pretty flowery talk that is probably more normal for Japan, like "She brightens our lives like the light of the moon"), but then asks if the Queen ever had a friend like that. Naturally, Nehalennia freaks out and wipes the floor with Jupiter with blasts, freezing her in a mirror, but then makes the ABSOLUTELY HUGE MISTAKE of talking shit about friendship within hearing range of Sailor Moon. The sight of Jupiter's fallen rose earring is all it takes to snap Usagi back to reality, reminding her of Tuxedo Mask and his roses, and BOOM- she's back.

The Queen creates an ocean of thorns between her base and Usagi, bragging about how "I can't wait to feast my eyes on the blood flowing from your body", but just as Usagi starts, in come Sailors Chibi-Moon & SATURN, threatening her as the episode ends.
Davies

Post by Davies »

This next episode contains one of the most awesome moments of the entire series.

Sadly it is that character's last awesome moment.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #172: So it's Chibi-Moon & Saturn against Queen Nehalennia, who taunts the two about the hopelessness of their mission while Usagi crawls through a massive bridge of thorns. When Mamoru starts to break through the mind control that the Queen SWORE was unbreakable, Saturn calls out "Silence... WALL!" to block her energy reapplying itself, thus giving her more combat besides "Killing Pharaoh 90 Off-Camera". Then she threatens to unleash the "Power of Destruction", while the Queen mocks her- "Do you think I don't know?". Of course, she realizes that the power would kill Saturn, too! The Queen smirks until Saturn uses the same eyes Mercury and the others used, and gets this great look of "ah, f*ck- she's not bluffing". "Silence Glaive SURPRISE!" shatters the entire castle (with the sound going out halfway through the blast so it sounds even BIGGER), but Chibi-Moon saves her friend before it gets out of control!

Chibi-Moon begs her friend to not die, but collapses from the strain and begins to fade away once more, and the Queen confesses to underestimating Saturn before freezing her in a mirror, too. And right then, a scratched-up Usagi collapses into the throne room, and Chibi-Usa disappears into sparkles in her very arms. "I love that look! Do you hate me?"- this bitch is ICE COLD! Nehalennia goes back over her origin and her eternal loneliness, and how she wishes to give Usagi that feeling, lashing out with energy blasts and knocking her around the room, recalling when Usagi's own mother sealed her away... and now tears well up in our heroine's eyes. Tears of SYMPATHY. "Don't look at me with pity!" the Queen begs, as suddenly her whole thing with noticing eyes gets twisted further.

Usagi confesses she could never handle or understand that kind of loneliness, driving the Queen mad with those pitying looks, but it doesn't work- The Power of Friendship undoes not only Mamoru's curse, but frees the other Sailors and returns Chibi-Moon to the world, and the Sailors work together to allow Nehalennia to be reborn and fix past mistakes! She strikes them with more energy, but they never falter, instead telling her to trust in them ("there's still time to atone for past sins"- Pluto, Guardian of Time), and she confesses that "the light feels so warm...", as Eternal Sailor Moon gets her to take their offer. And with that, Sailor Moon's compassion for the woman who tried to murder all her friends and family, then leave her alone for eternity, was enough to save the day, as Nehalennia is reborn as a young girl, and asks for something beyond blind worship of her subjects.

(First Appearance: Silence Wall, Silence Glaive Surprise)

And that does it for the first arc of Sailor Stars! What I thought was going to be a mere "Fixer Arc" turned out to be rather incredible, as we got an "All Ten Sailors" thing, some great fights, fun character bits (especially Mercury/Uranus), the return of Sailor Saturn, and even some GREAT moments with Queen Nehalennia, who gets even more depth (she was a late-bloomer in Sailor Moon SuperS) and a ton of great moments. Here, she comes out as MAXIMUM EVIL, yet Sailor Moon's innate goodness was too much for her.

Next up- The "Galaxia Saga" of Sailor Stars! Twenty-eight episodes of an abridged season to go!
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:26 am Episode #172: So it's Chibi-Moon & Saturn against Queen Nehalennia, who taunts the two about the hopelessness of their mission while Usagi crawls through a massive bridge of thorns. When Mamoru starts to break through the mind control that the Queen SWORE was unbreakable, Saturn calls out "Silence... WALL!" to block her energy reapplying itself, thus giving her more combat besides "Killing Pharaoh 90 Off-Camera". Then she threatens to unleash the "Power of Destruction", while the Queen mocks her- "Do you think I don't know?". Of course, she realizes that the power would kill Saturn, too! The Queen smirks until Saturn uses the same eyes Mercury and the others used, and gets this great look of "ah, f*ck- she's not bluffing".
Saturn gets a great line here, which I would (perhaps inaccurately) translate as, "Our Princess believed in me. And I believe in her."

Anyway, this is a really great arc, redeeming the entire season before it, and it also provides a good alternate finale if, like a certain fanfic author who occupied the same space I do, you find yourself not caring for what comes after it. Though there is one loose thread remaining ... who was it who set Nehalannia free, and who was laughing in the final moments of this episode?
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #173: And now it's a huge, huge episode- the last of our real "Season Premiere" episodes! And we're immediately introduced to the central "Cool New Characters Who Steal The Spotlight", as the THREE LIGHTS make their debut! They're a trio of long-eyelashed pretty boys who... holy jesus that one has a big forehead... ANYWAYS, their whole gimmick will soon become clear.

In any case, the Three Lights are a Teen Idol group, and the girls are immediately gaga over them. You know shit's serious when AMI is gushing over one of them! Makoto & Minako are nutso over the dangerous, immature bad-boy Seiya, Rei blushes over the mysterious and aloof Yaten, and when Luna chides their obsession and feels reassured by Ami's corrective stance... it turns out that Ami's a fan of the mature and intelligent Taiki! She even mentions his looks! So Seiya is average-sized, Yaten's super-tiny, and Taiki's eleven feet tall.

But wait! The directors have run out of ideas for Mamoru so badly that he's now moving to America!! Usagi's naturally all "No, it's fine! It's his dream!", but everyone's way too close friends with her to believe that nonsense. It's even worse since they friggin' wrote Chibi-Usa out off-camera, as she's now back in the 30th Century! Luna finally cheers her up by pointing out how much more mature she's gotten, and she & Mamoru do have a sweet send-off aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand he's dead. Yes, SAILOR GALAXIA makes her debut, snuffing out a "Star Seed", and it turns out our Three Lights felt it and know what's up. So Mamo is laser-blasted away with zero fanfare.

Meanwhile, the girls see a Three Lights movie being filmed, and oh my god Ami is so adorable pretending not to moon over them and getting embarrassed when she's caught fawning like the others. But Seiya gets stunned by Usagi's beauty immediately, and sets right to acting like the typical "Aloof Cool Guy" with his smirking, "Bun-Head" act. Honestly, he's just like Early Mamoru now (probably a deliberate thing).

Anyways, their co-star is attacked by a tiny girl with Amazoness Quartet-like proportions, and she announces herself as Sailor Iron Mouse. "SAILOR?!?" is Eternal Sailor Moon's confused reaction. But Iron Mouse is after the idol's "Star Seed", which is taken out. However, it fades, proving it's not what she wanted... but the faded Seed turns her into a monster called a "Phage"- calling itself Sailor Buri. Usagi refuses to attack an innocent person, but in our NEXT major twist comes the infamous Sailor Starlights! A trio of characters who are clearly the three male idols... but are busty, long-legged WOMEN, because holy cow the anime took some liberties with the source material here.

In any case, Sailor Star Fighter, Sailor Star Maker & Sailor Star Healer arrive, and Star Fighter blasts out a "Star Serious Laser" (stars conjoining into a laser beam) that wipes out Buri, but Sailor Moon refuses to let them kill an innocent person, and we get our new "way to end fights"- the "Starlight Honeymoon Therapy Kiss" alternates as a transformative attack like the old Healing Escalation, transforming Phages back to normal.

So YUP- new villain, new Mega-Boss, new type of enemy, THREE new Sailors, three supporting cast members to get to know, and Mamoru & Chibi-Usa are gonezo! Helluvan episode to start us off. And oh god, wait'll you find out what Star Healer's attack is.

(First Appearance: Sailor Galaxia, Sailor Iron Mouse, The Sailor Starlights- Sailor Star Fighter/Seiya, Sailor Star Healer/Yaten, Sailor Star Maker/Taiki)

(Monster Powers: Sailor Buri- Spiked Microphone on Long Cord)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #174: Wonder of wonders- the Three Lights now join Juuban High School, meaning they're classmates with the girls! Hilariously, Rei manages to be there constantly, despite going to a whole different private school, weirding out her friends with this seeming teleportation. And we get some fun bits with the girls actually doing "Club Stuff", showing more of their non-Sailor sides, as Minako is on the Volleyball Team, Mako is nearly recruited for track & field (though she's embarrassed over being "The strong girl from Juuban Middle School") and Ami is naturally in the Computer Club. However, the crux of the story is that Seiya, key member of the Lights, is crushing on "Bun-Head" and is more or less mimicking how Mamoru used to act, teasing an annoyed Usagi and trying to flirt with her. Minako, meanwhile, just aggressively bullies Taiki into letting her escort him to "Culture Club" (... Karma Chameleon?). Meanwhile, Sailor Iron Mouse deals with Sailor Galaxia, who has a very non-threatening, feminine voice comparerd to most Evil Bosses on this show.

We learn that Seiya's into like, every sport, as he embarrases people at basketball, then runs circles around the football team... but in a fun bit, our Victim of the Week, the team captain, runs Seiya down and tackles him, shocking Usagi! She scolds the "big bully" and is prepared for more violence, but he just shakes Seiya's hand and they congratulate each other in the manliest way ever about how good they both are at manly stuff. But this is all we get of him, as Sailor Iron Mouse attacks right away, turning him into the banana-hammock-sporting "Sailor Guts", who throws globs of sweat! The other Sailors arrive, but the Sailor Starlights appear immediately, and deflect his attack with a Star Gentle... Uterus?!?

STAR. GENTLE. UTERUS.

Yes, it's finally the debut of the most infamous, bizarre, "Take random English words no matter WHAT they mean" name in Sailor Moon history. I still remember absolutely plotzing the first time I heard that phrase used. All that weirdness for a simple "make a star turn into a laser beam" attack.

(First Appearance: STAR. GENTLE. UTERUS.)

(Monster Powers: "Sweats of Youth!" Blast/Weaken/Stunning Affliction)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Oh so many reasons I stopped watching the series around this point. There are supposedly good bits later on, but ... anyway, apparently this one came out around the time that American football started to get big in Japan.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Davies wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:23 am Oh so many reasons I stopped watching the series around this point. There are supposedly good bits later on, but ... anyway, apparently this one came out around the time that American football started to get big in Japan.
So you never watched the whole run? I'm surprised- you stated pretty clearly that you considered this inferior to SuperS.
Davies

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:53 am
Davies wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:23 am Oh so many reasons I stopped watching the series around this point. There are supposedly good bits later on, but ... anyway, apparently this one came out around the time that American football started to get big in Japan.
So you never watched the whole run? I'm surprised- you stated pretty clearly that you considered this inferior to SuperS.
I did and do. I watched the first few episodes and #200, but I'm going on second-hand impressions for most of it. Nothing I heard made me think I was wrong.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Episode #175: It's the directors' favorite concept- Minako Is Insane. Here, Minako's idol dreams take hold once more, as she arranges to make it look like she's dating the Lights in order to get her face in the papers. But then she just switches to being their personal assistant, for the dual purposes of jumpstarting her idol career AND snagging a boyfriend! The girls are, naturally, annoyed that she seems to want all of them (I can't mention enough how odd it is to see AMI fawning over somebody), and equally flummoxed that she's all "BOTH!" when asked if she wants a career or a boyfriend. The subtitle/dub jokes are swapped due to language differences, as a pun doesn't work- in the original, Usagi mistakes "warming up voice training" for "Cleaning their boobs?", and there's this hilarious "Why the hell would they be cleaning their boobs!?" from Minako.

In any case, a photographer joins the part on assignment, and Minako is very quickly annoyed by her pushy, intrusive attitude. She has a GREAT design, though- short hair, a ballcap, suspenders and a belly-shirt- it's a really distinctive look. It's pretty clear that her somewhat brusque way of saying "The Idol life isn't so simple" is because she's as high-end a pro as they are (I assumed it was because she'd tried it and failed, but nope- SUBVERSION!). And Minako's all "Kay, are time is done!" at the studio, but everyone just keeps on working- this is when our Victim of the Week softens up and points out this is the cost of the life ("For us, every day is for keeps"). And, in a good learning moment, Minako GETS IT, and redoubles her efforts, realizing there's no side-road to fame and success- she has to earn it.

Sailor Star Healer now gets to debut her attack- the "Star Sensitive Inferno", defeating Sailor Genkiru (a turtle/camerawoman- because "kame" for turtle sounds like "camera" in Japanese). The backstory of the Lights is becoming more clear- they worked hard to become teen idols so that the female they're searching for would be able to find them. I already know the backstory here, so I'm curious as to when and how it'll unfold.

(First Appearance: Star Sensitive Inferno)

(Monster Powers: Sailor Gekisha- Camera-Gun on Right Arm- Blast 6-8)