Aquaman!!

The place to talk about your favorite movies, tv series, cartoons, music and theater.
Woodclaw

Re: Aquaman!!

Post by Woodclaw »

Chris Brady wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 am
Woodclaw wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:44 pm I watched it a couple of days ago and I'm not sure what to make of it.

Some people said that Aquaman is a movie looking for its own identity, which might be true, but I think that in doing so it achieved a rather good balance. The general look and feel is much more Marvel than DC, but it manages to stay mostly consistent (the only WTF moment was the scene with the statues in Sicily) and the humor -- albeit very ham-fisted -- didn't ruin so many scenes as it did in Doctor Strange.
Did you have fun?

I haven't seen it yet.
Yes, I think it was pretty good.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Awesome! I'll have to save the pennies to see in the discount theatres, cuz it's no longer showing up here.
Gabriel Herrol

Post by Gabriel Herrol »

Or you can wait until it comes out in DVD and Blue Ray. :)
Haven't you lot ever seen a feller with an armload of woman before?
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I thought it was a lot of fun. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but way better than Batman V. Superman, and a step up from Justice League. There were some parts that dragged a little bit, and some of the props needed some work (some of the Atlantean gear and Black Manta's armor looked a bit too 'plastic'). But overall it was an entertaining adventure movie that did a lot to flesh out Atlantis as both a setting and a reasonable threat to the world, Jason Momoa is incredibly charming and fun while also actually being able to inject some depth to his performance, most of the costumes looked great, and the actress for Mera was just . . . damn.

I'd say it did perhaps try to do a bit too much for one film, though it's understandable that they didn't want to risk this film doing bad and relying on a two-part storyline.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Woodclaw

Post by Woodclaw »

Ares wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm I thought it was a lot of fun. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but way better than Batman V. Superman, and a step up from Justice League. There were some parts that dragged a little bit, and some of the props needed some work (some of the Atlantean gear and Black Manta's armor looked a bit too 'plastic'). But overall it was an entertaining adventure movie that did a lot to flesh out Atlantis as both a setting and a reasonable threat to the world, Jason Momoa is incredibly charming and fun while also actually being able to inject some depth to his performance, most of the costumes looked great, and the actress for Mera was just . . . damn.

I'd say it did perhaps try to do a bit too much for one film, though it's understandable that they didn't want to risk this film doing bad and relying on a two-part storyline.
I think that Aquaman has one key advantage over Wonder Woman: at the very least the story didn't fall apart in the 3rd act.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)
Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley »

I got the DVD in the mail today. And I had fun watching the movie. It's all good to me.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 am
Ares wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:14 pm I thought it was a lot of fun. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but way better than Batman V. Superman, and a step up from Justice League. There were some parts that dragged a little bit, and some of the props needed some work (some of the Atlantean gear and Black Manta's armor looked a bit too 'plastic'). But overall it was an entertaining adventure movie that did a lot to flesh out Atlantis as both a setting and a reasonable threat to the world, Jason Momoa is incredibly charming and fun while also actually being able to inject some depth to his performance, most of the costumes looked great, and the actress for Mera was just . . . damn.

I think that Aquaman has one key advantage over Wonder Woman: at the very least the story didn't fall apart in the 3rd act.
this.
Chris Brady

Post by Chris Brady »

Woodclaw wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:27 am

Agreed. In my opinion, WW was a decent film, but not that great, had too many try hard moments. But compared to the rest of the DC movie lineup, it's their Avengers, which is why a lot of people are much more charitable to it than I am.