Blizzard’s greed earns them a boycott

The place to discuss your favorite toys (action figures, dolls, building blocks, etc.), board games, and video games, as well their related industries and related news.
Shock

Re: Blizzard’s greed earns them a boycott

Post by Shock »

Oh snap
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Ares wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:58 am It's especially sad when you have so many entitled people living in this country talking about how terrible America is, when China is one of the most oppressive and destructive nations out there. They're the worst polluter by far, they almost single-handedly keep the poaching industry going, they have a draconian hold on what media their citizens are allowed to consume, they've destroyed their once thriving martial arts community, they've a mountain of human rights violations, etc.
But you know, China is a Communist country and Communist countries are all great, right? We just have to conveniently overlook that they are a totalitarian regime.

Oh, and that they are keeping millions of their own citizens in re-education camps because they're Muslim.

But they're better than the US because they're Communist!

Sickening.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Who are these people who hate America and love China? I've never met one and I've met a lot of weird people on the internet.
Shock

Post by Shock »

RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 am Who are these people who hate America and love China? I've never met one and I've met a lot of weird people on the internet.
You can recognize them by their clothes full of straw
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Shock wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:48 am
RainOnTheSun wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:27 am Who are these people who hate America and love China? I've never met one and I've met a lot of weird people on the internet.
You can recognize them by their clothes full of straw
I think what he means is the tendency to consider the West inherently corrupt, wasteful and evil, a mindset often encountered, unfortunately, among very left-leaning folks. While there is certainly something to it, Western civilization is clearly not without its roaring successes either as food and water, freedom of speech, a roof over your head and the lack of a risk of having said roof bombed away at any moment can attest to.

Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I felt the need to weigh in and clear up some misunderstandings.