Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

The place to talk about football, baseball, wrestling, and any other sports news.
Darrin Kelley

Re: Worst pro wrestlers other than Dino Bravo

Post by Darrin Kelley » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:51 pm

Joey Ryan is not comedy. What he does is a disgrace to the business and its legacy.

I'm on the Jim Cornette side of the Joey Ryan issue. And the fact that Impact Wrestling not only signed him but sanctioned his behavior, spits on all of the careers of all of the performers who ever worked there. Much of who I really liked.

Darrin Kelley

Post by Darrin Kelley » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:36 pm

Joey Ryan has been accused of 17 accounts of sexual assault. Impact Wrestling has dismissed him. He has closed up his own wrestling promotion. Is being scrubbed from all of AEW media, And issued a public apology. Which to me isn't enough.

catsi563

Post by catsi563 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:53 am

Looks like Nia Jax may have climbed onto this list and been fired for it. Shes apparently gotten into a habit of badly injuring her fellow wrestlers with poor ring work
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:01 am

catsi563 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:53 am
Looks like Nia Jax may have climbed onto this list and been fired for it. Shes apparently gotten into a habit of badly injuring her fellow wrestlers with poor ring work
Oh yeah, it's apparently been bad for a long time, and she just hurt Kairi Sane, for example.

I haven't heard of her being fired, though, and I'm on a blog where such news would be celebrated for WEEKS.

greycrusader

Post by greycrusader » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:55 pm

Unfortunately, Nia Jax has now injured multiple other wrestlers-Charlotte (the latest injury is kayfabe, the legit one happened a couple years back and wasn't serious), Ember Moon (who is still out of action), Becky Lynch (though in that case it helped make her career-Becky's toughness in getting up and finishing the bit with a broken nose and blood smeared face was MASSIVE with fans), and now Kairi Sane for the second time.

At this point, it kind of seems obvious Nia is being protected because of who her family is (not just Dwayne Johnson but the entire Samoan family that produced the Usos and their dad Rikishi, Roman Reigns, and a lot of past stars) and that she's an attractive big girl, a former BBW model.

But...Nia was a former BBW MODEL, not a female power lifter, collegiate wrestler, judoka, or strongwoman. Her athletic background is high school and collegiate basketball, which made use of her height (not terribly tall for women's basketball, but 6 feet is decent for non-elite programs), and obviously she's gained a good bit of weight since then. She obviously has some natural size and strength from her ethnic heritage, and certainly she trains with weights now, but she really isn't the powershouse she gets billed as, and likely just can't pull off moves that women like Awesome Kong, Beth Phonenix, or the late Chyna could do. And she doesn't seem like a natural in the ring, hence multiple injured opponents in a pretty short span of time. She has really developed a poor reputation for this VERY quickly.

M4C8

Post by M4C8 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm

I'm actually currently watching through the 'Dark Side of the Ring' documentary series, the industry can be truly fucked up at times.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:43 am

M4C8 wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:15 pm
I'm actually currently watching through the 'Dark Side of the Ring' documentary series, the industry can be truly fucked up at times.
Yeah, the stories about wrestling are usually pretty terrible, behind-the-scenes. I mean, my favorite wrestlers as a teen murdered his wife and son before hanging himself, so it puts a lot of the rest of it in perspective. There's true scum like Buck Zumhofe, and then standard-issue buffoons and delusional con-men like Herb Abrams.

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots » Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 pm

The head injuries don't help. Neither do the virtually necessary mix of uppers, downers, and steroids to maintain a road schedule. And lastly, you live larger than life, ring rats and such.
My Builds

Current games:
NetherWar (OOC, IC)

M4C8

Post by M4C8 » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm

FuzzyBoots wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 pm
The head injuries don't help. Neither do the virtually necessary mix of uppers, downers, and steroids to maintain a road schedule. And lastly, you live larger than life, ring rats and such.
Yeah, I don't know how bad it is now but from what little I've seen the schedule in the past could be a nightmare. I saw an interview with Jake Roberts, he said there have been times when he worked every day for 90 days straight, a match a night from Monday to Friday and two matches on Saturday and Sunday.
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'

FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:26 pm

M4C8 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:36 pm
Yeah, I don't know how bad it is now but from what little I've seen the schedule in the past could be a nightmare. I saw an interview with Jake Roberts, he said there have been times when he worked every day for 90 days straight, a match a night from Monday to Friday and two matches on Saturday and Sunday.
One of the insights I gleaned from the various autobiographies that surprised me is that the steroids really are less used for bulking up, as they are helping heal the constant stream of minor injuries.
My Builds

Current games:
NetherWar (OOC, IC)