M&M 3rd to MSH help?

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
MayorOmega

M&M 3rd to MSH help?

Post by MayorOmega »

I recently have started work on building a rather interesting MSH (Marvel Super Heroes) game from an equally as crazy an idea (BTW-beige watching Rick & Morty and Venture Brothers while drinking Peppermint Patties makes for some crazy game ideas) and I have always gotten a lot of useful help and advice just by reading some of the articles here on these forums which made me think of you all first with this question.

While building the material for this new game, I found that Dalkon's version of Pyrrha Nikos would fit for my game which in turn made me curious if there was rules on how to convert 3rd edition Mutants and Masterminds to MSH rules?
Davies

Re: M&M 3rd to MSH help?

Post by Davies »

I suspect that someone probably came up with guidelines for the reverse of that, at some point, but it's likely lost with a lot of our history.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
RainOnTheSun

Re: M&M 3rd to MSH help?

Post by RainOnTheSun »

As a quick, very incomplete start for a conversion, I would suggest this:

Feeble(2): -1
Poor(4): 0
Typical(6): 1
Good(10): 2
Excellent(20): 4
Remarkable(30): 6
Incredible(40): 8
Amazing(50): 10
Monstrous(75): 13
Unearthly(100): 16
Shift X(150): 20

Most stats are fairly obvious to convert: Fighting is Fighting, Agility is Agility and Dexterity, Strength is Strength, Endurance is Fortitude defense, Reason is Intellect, Intuition is the Perception skill, and Psyche is Will defense. Toughness is more difficult, since the difference in staying power between a character with Body Armor and a character without it is so massive, but you might try taking Fortitude defense, cutting it in half, and then adding any Body Armor or Force Field rank. I'd also add two ranks to any attack that can score a Kill result in MSH, like guns and knives and fire. That means that an ordinary handgun (typical damage) is rank 3, Wolverine's claws (excellent damage) are rank 6, and a tank gun (incredible damage) is rank 10.