The Flame Hero's "Quirk"

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
MayorOmega

The Flame Hero's "Quirk"

Post by MayorOmega »

I was doing research for a character and I came across the "Quirk" of Enji Todoroki or "Endeavor" from the series "My Hero Academia" and I was wondering if there was someway of turning the Hellflame quirk into an actual power array for M&M 3rd?

However I'm thinking of changing the complication for it, have it be more of an emotional/physical reaction due to the nature of the character that I'm thinking of using it on.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: The Flame Hero's "Quirk"

Post by Ares »

First off, let me recommend Solar Oracle's Build Thread, which is an incredible collection of MHA builds that's ever growing.

There's also a lot more skilled builders on here than myself, but Hellfire isn't actually all that different from other fire related superheroes. It's primarily a Ranged Damage/Blast power with some Extras that gets APed into things like a Melee Damage attack, then a few AoE Damage effects where he shoots massive columns of flame or superheats the ground to turn it into a big grenade, and also probably a Weaken effect to simulate melting stuff.

He'd also have a separate Flight power, a possible immunity to fire (at least his own flames) and some mild superhuman strength/toughness.

What makes Hellfire different from other fire users is the idea of Prominence Burn and Overheating. The simplest way to handle it would be give Endeavor's Hellfire Ranged Damage and all of its APs something like a 14 or 15 damage and make it a Complication that if he uses ranks of power over 10 repeatedly, he runs the risk of overheating himself.

Another way to do it would be to buy 10 ranks of Hellfire that he can use however he wants, but also buy 4 or 5 ranks of Ranged Damage on the side called Prominence Burn that has flaws attached to it that cause Exhausting or the like. Then you can have these ranks of damage stack with the base Hellfire ranks for a total of 14 or 15 damage, but to get that extra power it tires him out.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.