Combat Maneuvers and Advantages

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Bill from Accounting

Combat Maneuvers and Advantages

Post by Bill from Accounting »

The combat maneuvers, such as Power Attack and Accurate Attack, are limited by not allowing you to more than double your attack/effect/defense bonus. This limit is not removed by taking the associated advantage, right?

For example, if I had a low-level, crime fighter type character whose main form of offense was unarmed with a +2 damage bonus, taking the Power Attack advantage would have no purpose, since they can already do a tradeoff of +/- 2 (which is their max for doubling the effect bonus)?
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Combat Maneuvers and Advantages

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Sounds like.
Woodclaw

Re: Combat Maneuvers and Advantages

Post by Woodclaw »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:39 am The combat maneuvers, such as Power Attack and Accurate Attack, are limited by not allowing you to more than double your attack/effect/defense bonus. This limit is not removed by taking the associated advantage, right?

For example, if I had a low-level, crime fighter type character whose main form of offense was unarmed with a +2 damage bonus, taking the Power Attack advantage would have no purpose, since they can already do a tradeoff of +/- 2 (which is their max for doubling the effect bonus)?
It's either double the starting value or +5 whichever is lower.
"You're right. Sorry. Holy shit," I breathed, "heckhounds.”

WareHouse W (main build thread for M&M)