Disembodied energy hands!

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
Hellion

Disembodied energy hands!

Post by Hellion »

First off, hey! I've not been here for a long time. I was a forever lurker at atomicthinktank and the greenronin forums, for a long time, signed up here years ago, but just tend to come to steal premade Marvel characters from Jab and J-Mart :lol:
I've got an X-Men inspired campaign starting soon and I'm hella rusty on M&M, so I'm asking for a little help here.

One of my players wants his power to be two disembodied giant clawed hands (Inspired by the Pokemon Haunter). They are solid energy, so I'm thinking maybe Movable, Damaging, Create to represent them, or just an array with Damage, Move Object, Impervious Protection etc. Anybody every do something similar? I'd love to hear a suggestion or two.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Disembodied energy hands!

Post by FuzzyBoots »

So all they are is a pair of giant clawed hands? I'd say just build the character as-is, add Elongation if you want to be able to have the arms act at a distance from each other, maybe with Indirect to allow him to "be" in more than one place at once without having to have intervening limbs. Probably a higher defense for the fact that he only has the hands to be attacked, trading off Toughness since a hit to his hands is to pretty much half his body mass. Complications for him not really. :-P Or if there's a body, just use the Elongation with Indirect to let him act at a distance.
Hellion

Post by Hellion »

Huh, didn't even think of elogation! Thank you for the elegant solution, Fuzzy!
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

Damaging move object or just ranged on your strength.