Hero Lab help needed.

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
grc0001

Hero Lab help needed.

Post by grc0001 »

Hey guys,
I am having a spot of trouble with Herolab and designing my new character. Basically, I have made a baton like device that has 9 things it
can turn into (like a flashlight, a commlink, a cutting torch, etc.). Its much like a utility belt but its either held or strapped to a belt.
Anyway, its not really the design of it that is the problem.

Its when I try to enter it in HeroLab as a device. I've tried several times, but no points come off my total - which I think it should be the case -
and I am not sure why. Am I setting it up in the wrong place? (in the Powers section)

Any help will be great!
Graham
FuzzyBoots

Re: Hero Lab help needed.

Post by FuzzyBoots »

Ah, you've found a genuine bug in the system, one I nicknamed the "Abyssal Trident" bug after the case I found that demonstrated it. It looks like the Cutting Torch has the same problem. Basically, adding Devices to Arrays creates weird side effects where they effectively count for 0 points. Your best option is to build those items just as powers rather than using the pre-existing construct. You can designate the Array as Easy-to-Lose or Hard-to-Lose in the dropdown, and that effectively makes this one Device with an array of effects.
grc0001

Re: Hero Lab help needed.

Post by grc0001 »

Thanks!