Castlevania Devil Forgemaster Power

A place to discuss game rules, homebrew systems and the like.
MrocnyZbik

Castlevania Devil Forgemaster Power

Post by MrocnyZbik »

So I try to figured out how to make power of Forgemasters (Isaac and Hector) from show Castlevania. What can do is essantialy change a dead body into a living demon undear control of Forgemaster. Like that:
https://youtu.be/C3yQGdCDGZw?t=135
My first idea is to make it a power:
Devil Forgemaster: Affliction 3rd degree: Transformed & COntrolled, Resisted: Fortitude, Continous, Easly Removable(weapon), LImited (needs bodies) linked Summon Continous, Mental linke, Type Broad(Demons), Easly Removable(weapon), LImited (needs bodies)

and then similar but with multiple minions for Ritual to create his army.
My question is would it work, or should I rework something in the power.

Sorry for all language mistakes.
FuzzyBoots

Re: Castlevania Devil Forgemaster Power

Post by FuzzyBoots »

I'm not terribly familiar with that power in the context of the work, but is there a reason to not just use the Summon? Or is it important that something happen to the bodies in the process?
MrocnyZbik

Post by MrocnyZbik »

It mostly changes dead bodies into demons, so I thought that it should be transformations with summon empowerd version, like it changes dead one into living demon and superpoweresed it? I think it could go just with summon but here lies another question, can such a power create unlimited number of servants or is it restricted to the number under multiple minions.

Outside of combbat it would be just ritual that imitate summoning, I think.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

MrocnyZbik wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:29 pm It mostly changes dead bodies into demons, so I thought that it should be transformations with summon empowerd version, like it changes dead one into living demon and superpoweresed it? I think it could go just with summon but here lies another question, can such a power create unlimited number of servants or is it restricted to the number under multiple minions.
It's limited to one at a time without Multiple Minions, and "Incapacitated minions disappear. They recover normally and you cannot summon an incapacitated minion until it has completely recovered."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

A few questions and considerations:

Is this a powers in the hands of PCs or just Npcs? Gm characters can have a whole lot more hand waving rather than needing more definition.

Does using dead bodies offer any greater narrative context? Easy and cheap to come by? Or more difficult? Is it a good way to hide a crime? Those bring in additional flaws and benefits.

How much of a complication is the ritual? Does that mean just mean that it can't be done within combat time and needs to be done off screen? Or maybe as a part of a timer for the heroes to beat? In other words, story milestones need to be achieved before more enemies reach the scene. How interruptible do you want to make this process?

Finally, one of the cooler things in MM is the breakdown between trash minions and more significant theats. Summon takes those rules and makes an even bigger difference. Which is the correct choice for your game?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.