Comic Kickstarter - The Power Company #3

If you want to talk about Kickstarter, Go Fund Me and other Crowdsource projects, do it here.
bsdigitalq

Comic Kickstarter - The Power Company #3

Post by bsdigitalq »

Hey everyone! Dropping in to share the Kickstarter campaign for Coalition Comics' THE POWER COMPANY #3!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cc ... ing-series

The Power Company* is a collaborative superhero comic series featuring characters from each partner in Coalition Comics, including my very own THUNDER WOMAN. The aim has been to capture a bit of the spirit of the Bronze Age Marvel and DC superhero comics and deliver fun and exciting classic superhero action without the baggage and insanity of many modern mainstream superhero comic series. This issue is the start of a brand new 2-part story arc, and is a good place to jump in if you haven't read the previous two issues. But if you want to check out what's been done so far, we have options and tiers for getting digital or print versions of the previous issues, as well as the first handbook. There will also be a brand new handbook highlighting new characters and updating info on the returning Power Company heroes and villains. And if you are REALLY interested, we have art tiers where you can have your own superhero characters appear in illustrations with the Power Company heroes or villains.

We have a brand new artist on board, Fish Lee, who has been killing it on Roy Johnson's THE SENTINELS. He has delivered some amazing art for us, and we are looking forward to him illustrating the rest of THE POWER COMPANY #3.

You can check out a preview of the comic below:

Thank you so much for checking this out and supporting if you are able. I've seen many people express frustration with modern Marvel and DC and wish for or vow to make comics akin to older, classic issues. Well, that's exactly what we've set out to do, and I can only hope that we can deliver on the promise of bringing that classic Bronze-age heroics back to readers.

Thank you once again, and POWER ON!

*DC relinquished the trademark for the Kurt Busiek Power Company series by failing to maintain it with new publications, so that trademark is currently owned by Coalition Comics
Davies

Re: Comic Kickstarter - The Power Company #3

Post by Davies »

bsdigitalq wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:10 pm *DC relinquished the trademark for the Kurt Busiek Power Company series by failing to maintain it with new publications, so that trademark is currently owned by Coalition Comics
... now they tell me.
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

lol, we gotta have that disclaimer ready all the time, as folks are CONSTANTLY going, "Uuuuh, DC had a comic series called The Power Company, you might wanna change that" or something to that effect.

It really does say something about how little DC cares for the series that they couldn't be arsed to republish it and let the trademark lapse like that. But it feels kinda funny, having something over a major publisher like that, even if it's a fairly small, meaningless thing.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I said it before, but I'm seriously jealous of the KirBeast name and concept.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ken

Post by Ken »

bsdigitalq wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:27 am It really does say something about how little DC cares for the series that they couldn't be arsed to republish it and let the trademark lapse like that. But it feels kinda funny, having something over a major publisher like that, even if it's a fairly small, meaningless thing.
It's really kind of obvious. DC's Power Company was published between 4/2002 and 9/2003. "Titans/Young Justice: Graduation Day" was published 7/2003-8/2003, and ushered in the DC version of the Radium Age. And, the Power Company is exactly the kind of book the U-Cake 4 would be dismissive of.

They'd probably be dismissive of your Power Company as well, seeing how the stated point of your project is to be in the style of a pre-Iron Age, pre-Radium Age comic.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Well, that opening page is a solid JLAvengers homage, so it's clearly channeling the right mojo.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Thanks guys! We cleared $1000 yesterday, so we're just about a third of the way funded after just over a day. :D
bsdigitalq

Under $1000 left to go!

Post by bsdigitalq »

Got under $1000 left to go with 11 days left! Who's gonna help us get over the top?!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cc ... ing-series
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

$400 dollars to go!

bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Thank you so much Ares! $300 away with less than a week to go!

I would like to remind folks that we have a few tiers that you can use to get your original characters out there, including a monitor screen cameo, a team up image with one of the main heroes, or a battle pic featuring your character with other backer OCs fighting Damage Inc, the main villains of the first arc. So far we haven't seen very many folks take advantage of those opportunities, so there are plenty of slots left!
bsdigitalq

Post by bsdigitalq »

Aaaaaand we're funded! Thank you so much to everyone who pitched in and pledged to help make this next issue a reality! I'm super excited about it, and I hope you guys are too! :D