Green Ronin "Debut Issue"

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
FuzzyBoots

Green Ronin "Debut Issue"

Post by FuzzyBoots »

No idea why this hasn't shown up on the board, or on either the Green Ronin site's news or the Mutants and Masterminds site, but they have a "Debut Issue" feature on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/GreenRonin/pho ... =3&theater) where they've given an image of a superhero and are asking for tips on the power and background.
Welcome to Debut Issue, the weekly event where we ask you, our fans, to help us design a new Mutants & Masterminds superhero. This character has no identity yet. But over the next few weeks, we'll be taking your suggestions and letting you vote on polls to help turn this illustration into a fully-realized team leader!

This week, comment on this post with what kind of powers you would want this character to have. Then, developer Crystal will sift through the responses and we'll post a poll to vote for the final decision!

Ken

Re: Green Ronin "Debut Issue"

Post by Ken »

I don't know. But I can't help but think that someone tried to add the rainbow bits and the triangle to the shield who wasn't the main artist. That shield looks goofy as hell.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’d make him a construct-generator, using the shield. Every construct is rainbow-colored and must be defensive in nature. Never mind the fact he’s gay, and’s in a relationship with the Dr. Fate-looking guy in the uppermost rank, to the left end of the row.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Not sure which bothers me more:
1. That I'm thinking about what superWokeness would look like as a power or
2. That I'm surprised that they chose a white cis male as a new hero.

*pulls rock back over head* It's safer down here.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

It seems like they were intentionally trying to lead people to build it in a very specific way, in both personality and power with the design. Basically all he can really be, while being consistent with his design, is a gay light manipulator. It's sort of like asking the community to make original powers for a character then posting an image of a tiger girl with a cocky grin and displaying her claws, there's really only so far you can go. Sure you can fudge a few details on exactly how the power manifests but over all it's basically all going to be the same build.
squirrelly-sama

Post by squirrelly-sama »

If I HAD to make a build based on that image that was interesting, or more accurately different than what I'm sure literally everyone's first guess, I'd build him as a time displaced christian hero named Noah who's power is weather, specifically rain, manipulation and his rainbow is a nod to the end of the flooding and designed before rainbows became a symbol for gay rights. The Triangle is the Holy Trinity.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

The other thing that makes me a bit skeptical is that they asked for a name... then kind of said, "OK, we picked one of those powersets. Now pick a name," despite that the name generally flows from the power.

Personally, I still like the idea of his powerset involving tactical genius coupled with unintentional mind control. He knows the exact right thing for everyone to do... and the orders come out as irresistible commands. The rainbow theme is representative of him pulling everyone together and carries in the slightly anguished look on his face, and the blank looks on his compatriots behind him.

"Gestalt" could work nicely for that powerset.