Echoes Discord Channel

If you can't find a forum for it, talk about it here.
Ares
Site Admin

Echoes Discord Channel

Post by Ares »

Hey folks. Just in case anyone was unaware and wanted to join in, we have an official Echoes Discord channel at https://discord.gg/bnkDyGg

Open invite to all board members.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Tattooedman

Re: Echoes Discord Channel

Post by Tattooedman »

So a question about the Discord.

Was there a recent update? For the last 5 days or so I've been unable to post anything there because it tells me the channels are No Text Channels. I get notifications of others posting and can read what is posted & shared, but I can't get into the various channels and post myself.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Shock

Post by Shock »

Discord updates frequently. It sounds like your permission to post in channels got screwed up somehow. Ares should be able to view your profile and see if something is missing
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I got the same a couple times. If I reinstalled discord on my phone it worked. After three times of doing this I gave up on Discord.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ah, thanks.
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I don't see anything out of place on your profile within the server and I haven't made any changes to the server, so it might be some update issues. I had a different issue when trying to re-start it recently, but if this persists, let me know and I'll see what we can do.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm having a similar issue on my phone.
It will let me check my private messages, it will give me notifications that messages in the Echoes discord are up, but if I try to see the various channels I see only the one I'm currently on and nothing else. Additional it tells me it's private so I can't send messages in the channel I am in.
Even while logged in.
It's strange.

Meanwhile on my computer: none of these issue.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah, the same thing for me. I only use my phone for discord.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I never use discord on my phone. The windows app works fine for me.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I have been using both Windows and android versions of Discord without issue. I would guess reinstall is probably the thing to try