IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica looks around like a rabbit who's been told a coyote is nearby, glancing at everybody in the area before looking back to Aldan with a shake of her head.
OOC: To those who went into the Golden Grain> There doesn't appear to be anybody from the Golden Grain inn here
Everyone>The only people in the Boozy Badger that you do recognize were people who were already in here before you left the first time.
Flynnarrel

Re: IC - Against the Cult of the Reptile God - Chapter 1: The Darkness in Orlane

Post by Flynnarrel »

"If you ladies like I could rig a string and bell system so that it someone were to open your window unbidden in the night it would alert you." Aldan offers, still in a whisper, especially after seeing the Sister's skittishness. "Otherwise I'd like us to keep to the 'no one alone' guideline as much as possible. Does that sound good?"

"If so, then if you are staying down, have a buddy."
he advises knowing this would curtail his own actions the greatest. He'd be inclined to go sneaking around the sleepy human town in the hours of the night when he, himself, would be wide awake.

Up in the 'guy's' room Aldan was planning on using his spectral hand to sneakily secure a grappling hook and line to the eaves or supports of the roof above his own window and having a coiled line just inside their window as a quick means of escape. Since they were dealing with someone who didn't mind using fire he wanted his own way down, just in case.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn
HP: 21 AC:18

"I'm going to stay down for a while." Tyragorn looked around the room slowly. "Maybe if I buy a round or two we'll be a little more welcome."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Georgia Fiddler
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 5:36 pm "If you ladies like I could rig a string and bell system so that it someone were to open your window unbidden in the night it would alert you." Aldan offers, still in a whisper, especially after seeing the Sister's skittishness. "Otherwise I'd like us to keep to the 'no one alone' guideline as much as possible. Does that sound good?"

"If so, then if you are staying down, have a buddy."
he advises knowing this would curtail his own actions the greatest. He'd be inclined to go sneaking around the sleepy human town in the hours of the night when he, himself, would be wide awake.

Up in the 'guy's' room Aldan was planning on using his spectral hand to sneakily secure a grappling hook and line to the eaves or supports of the roof above his own window and having a coiled line just inside their window as a quick means of escape. Since they were dealing with someone who didn't mind using fire he wanted his own way down, just in case.
"I can rig something up. I have a lot of family members that have done their share of wandering, keeping yourself safe while you sleep is an important skill they really wanted to pass on to me."
Shock wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:49 pm Tyragorn

"I'm going to stay down for a while." Tyragorn looked around the room slowly. "Maybe if I buy a round or two we'll be a little more welcome."
"I'll be your buddy Tyragorn." Georgia said. "What kind of a Fiddler would I be if I passed up an excuse to perform while staying at an inn."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica looks back an forth between Georgia and Aldan, "As long as somebody puts something up. Should we keep watches?"

She lowers her voice even lower, "I though getting to town would be relaxing, but this place is so creepy."
OOC: Any plan for what Tyragorn and Georgia are going to do during the night?
Also any plans for sleeping, setting watches, any addition traps?
And Aldan's escape plan setup will work without any issues.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What do you guys think about watches? I'm only down for 4 hours and even then I'm only meditating but still listening. Should we do additional watches?" Aldan asks the group.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica shrugs, "we've only got the two of us on our side. What do you think Georgia?"
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"I welcome your company, Georgia." Tyragorn knew that having her in the room made making friends very easy.

"As for a watch, I don't think we have much to worry about. A braced door and a closed window will mean he has to make noise in order to get in the room."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Aldan frowns. "Without watches lemme rig a string from one side, held in the window by a twig or coin pressed down by the window, leading into the other window and holding a suspended ball of bearings. I'll meditate under the bag and if someone opens your window the bag will drop on me and alert me to someone opening your window. I'll do the same for our window with a string of bearings into your room. I'll still rig bells for both our rooms so the occupants in them know when their own window is opened too." He offers.

"Likewise when I meditate, I'll make a concealing bundle of fabric so that I look like little more than a pile of discarded clothes." the paranoid thief says.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

"Do what you want. I won't argue against being a little safer."
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Arkrite wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 4:48 am Jessica looks back an forth between Georgia and Aldan, "As long as somebody puts something up. Should we keep watches?"

She lowers her voice even lower, "I though getting to town would be relaxing, but this place is so creepy."
OOC: Any plan for what Tyragorn and Georgia are going to do during the night?
Also any plans for sleeping, setting watches, any addition traps?
And Aldan's escape plan setup will work without any issues.
Flynnarrel wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 7:53 am "What do you guys think about watches? I'm only down for 4 hours and even then I'm only meditating but still listening. Should we do additional watches?" Aldan asks the group.
Arkrite wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:55 pm Jessica shrugs, "we've only got the two of us on our side. What do you think Georgia?"
"I'm a fair hand with locks, I can get them open or jam them shut pretty well. That way once we're in no one else will be able to get in without breaking the door. So we probably don't need watches. But if it makes you feel safer we can take turns once I'm done at the bar"

OOC: Georgia has thieves tools proficiency so I'd like her to try and jam the lock so the door can't be opened until she removes the blockage.
Shock wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 2:45 am Tyragorn

"I welcome your company, Georgia." Tyragorn knew that having her in the room made making friends very easy.

"As for a watch, I don't think we have much to worry about. A braced door and a closed window will mean he has to make noise in order to get in the room."

When she accompanies Tyragorn down, Georgia starts tuning her instruments. She's quick to start up a happy song on her fiddle, living up to her family name and profession.

Perform: 1d20+6: 23
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Jessica thanks Aldan for the bells, and seems relieved at Georgia's words. She says a quick good night to everybody before retreating back to her room.

When Georgia starts playing the response by the room is quite reserved. But the music is infectious, and soon the crowd starts warming up to the bard. By the time an hour has gone by the crowd has even started clapping in time, singing along, and even occasionally dancing.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Tyragorn

While Georgia played, Tyragorn traded stories with anyone willing to listen but was careful to avoid talking about recent events in the village. He'd taken down a fair number of bandits and goblins in his short life and each story had something to set it apart.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Zasio Blackthorn:
Objects of Interest: Goodberries (2 - each heals 4 hp)

While Tyragorn and Georgia interacted with the other patrons Zasio kept quiet while slowly drinking, watching for signs of anyone being too interested in the group.

Perception Check: _: 1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Tyragorn's efforts start off even more shaky than Georgia's, but after a little time he finds a small but appreciative group to listen to his stories. As the night progresses people come and go, but the number of people around his table starts to grow as people find out that the stranger is actually the famed Bandit Bane, with cheerful chatter and some free drinks going your way.

Zasio's efforts are seemingly in vain. The crowd seems to be fairly friendly, at least considering the town so far. And while there are a few men who seem a littler overly interested in Georgia, and a few women in Tyragorn, it seems unlikely that they have an evil designs in mind.