J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-El): Earth-FG1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're continuing our trek across the Thorpocamultiverse with this new item for our Fighting Game universe! Check out this new item for Aisle 1!

Superman: Wanna hear a joke?
Harley Quinn: Oh gee this ought to be something.
Superman: Harley Quinn vs Superman.

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 6; DPL: 10; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 225
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
Skin: Fair
Race: Kryptonian
Identity: Secret
Alignment: Hero
Base of Operations: Metropolis, USA
Team Affiliations: Justice League; JLAXI; Legion of Super Heroes (Honorary)

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 8, STAMINA 8, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 2, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 3, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 8 (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+5), Insight (+5), Intimidation 3 (+8), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion (+5), Stealth (+2)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack, Benefit (1) (Status – He’s Superman), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English), Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improved Roll) (1), Power Attack (2) (Heat Vision Blast, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (3)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (100 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 17 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 3 pt Array; 4 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Leaping 3 (60 ft); 3 pts
Flying: Flight 1 (4 mph/60 fpr); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 21 pt Array; 24 pts
Freezing Breath: Cumulative Affliction 8 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Accurate, Reach 4 [20 ft]); 21 pts
Heat Vision Blast: Heat Energy Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 2, Reach 4 [20 ft]); 1 pt
Heat Vision Beam: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 7 (Extra: Accurate 3, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Kryptonian Battle Armor: Protection 2, Feature 1 (Quick Change); 3 pts
Headquarters: (26 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System); 26 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +8]
Heat Vision +12 [Heat Vision Blast +7]
Freezing Breath +10 [Freezing Breath Affliction +8]
Ranged Attack +2
Heat Vision +11 [Heat Vision +7]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane and his son, Jon. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his clone Kon-El, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and Thor. And of course, his loyal dog, Krypto..
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered reporter for the Daily Planet.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 82 + Skills 11 (22 ranks) + Advantages 17 + Powers 50 + Defenses 15 = 175 / 175

Build Comments: The portrayal of Superman in the Injustice series is fantastic. After the Joker tricks him into killing Lois and his unborn child, he loses it, kills the Joker in cold blood and begins to basically take over the world to keep protect it. In the comic series, you can feel him slipping from remorseful to pretty much a despot who will kill anyone who opposes him. And of course, that opposition comes from Batman and superhero Civil War x10 erupts. It’s a complete departure from the Clark we’ve all known and that’s why it so great. It gives credence to the “no kill” philosophy that Bruce has taught because it really seems that once Clark gave in, there was really no turning back, just like Bruce has said for years.

As a build, he's a beast for any of my fighting game builds to deal with, but not unbeatable. I tested him against my Earth-FG Batman for a few rounds and Clark squashed him and then I did a few rounds with Sub-Zero and Sub-Zero did OK, so hopefully I got the balance right. Once I get a few more fighting game builds up with more variety, I'll do more testing and probably make some tweaks.

And check out the coolness that is his Super Move in Injustice 2. :)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Re: J-Mart New Location! Superman across the Thorpocamultiverse

Post by Jabroniville »

Spiffy-Keen! Another J-Mart thread! I was wondering about these, ever since Green Ronin shut down their forums. I'm SUPER-happy so many people followed us to Echoes now, as it gave us some advance warning that our community could have died. And I'm glad as hell that you especially made it over here :).

PS that move is rad, lol.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-El): Earth-PC1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're now heading over to our PC setting where all the builds are ready to play! Check out this version of the Man of Steel for Aisle 1!

Actually, it's as if [Superman is] more real than we are. We writers come and go, generations of artists leave their interpretations, and yet something persists, something that is always Superman. - Grant Morrison

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL10

OPL: 10; SPL: 4; DPL: 10; FWPL: 10; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [14], STAMINA 13, AGILITY 1, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 3, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 3, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: Athletics (+2/+14), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+6), Deception (+4), Expertise [Journalism] 2 (+4), Insight (+3), Intimidation (+4), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+7), Stealth (+1)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (1) (Kryptonian, 1 other, Base: English), Power Attack, Ultimate Effort (1) (Ultimate Strength Check)

POWERS:
Invulnerability: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 5, Immunity 10 (Life Support), Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance); 19 pts
Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 28 pt Array; 31 pts
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 12, Enhanced Strength 3 (3200 Tons; Flaw: Limited to lifting), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Ultimate Effort [Ultimate Strength Check]); 28 pts
Heat Vision Ranged Heat Energy Damage 12 (Extra: Accurate 4); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Hearing [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Vision [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 1 pt

Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 22 pt Array; 24 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 11 (4,000 mph/8 mpr); 22 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other Star Systems]); 1 pt
5th Fastest Man Alive: Speed 11 (4000 mph/8 mpr), Quickness 10; 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +1
Close Attack +3
Unarmed +6 [Unarmed +14]
Ranged Attack +0
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +12]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +5 [DC15] Parry +5 [DC15]
Toughness +15 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +7

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his Str and Sta are reduced to 3 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his adopted sons, Conner and Chris Kent, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman and Thor. And of course, his loyal dog, Krypto.
Responsibility: Superman feels a strong sense of responsibility to use his powers for the benefit of all.
Vulnerable: Kryptonians are as vulnerable to magic as anyone else. They lose their ranks of Protection and their Toughness is not Impervious against magical attacks.
Weakness: Kryptonite...Its radiation saps the Strength and powers of Kryptonians, leaving them impaired, disabled, and eventually debilitated in terms of Strength and power effects. Long-term exposure (usually a matter of minutes, less for a large enough amount) imposes the dying condition and may lead to death.

Abilities 56 + Skills 5 (10 ranks) + Advantages 5 + Powers 74 + Defenses 10 = 150 / 150

Build Comments: After about my 9th run at this PC version of Supes, I feel pretty good about the build this time. As should be obvious, you can’t get everything someone like Superman can do, or at the power levels he’s shown over the years, into a PL10/150 pt build, but my goal with PCs is always making them feel like the big name character I’m trying to represent. I think this version has his feel and is strong starting PC paragon.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:57 am Spiffy-Keen! Another J-Mart thread! I was wondering about these, ever since Green Ronin shut down their forums. I'm SUPER-happy so many people followed us to Echoes now, as it gave us some advance warning that our community could have died. And I'm glad as hell that you especially made it over here :).

Thanks, Jab. The old boards being gone was a bummer but like you said, I'm glad so many others jumped when we did. I see Kreuz posting here every now and then so I have hopes that he'll fire up a thread here, too. I meant to send BARON an IM on Ronin Army after he posted a few months back with the link here but I didn't and would have loved to see him here, too.

But we soldier on undaunted, my friend. It gives me motivation to update all the stuff I had there in addition to the reposting I'm doing from my other disparate threads and the clean ups to the main J-Mart builds. Every time I look at a few, I find typos, miscalculations or rule mistakes so it's a never ending battle. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

The only other hero with his level of respect is Captain America.
Its interesting to me, The rest of the world looks up to Superman but Id wager good money that Clark Looks up to one man besides his father,

Steve Rogers Captain America.

Steve was the original hero the man who I imagine Clark learning about in school when WW2 came up. And I imagine a man whom Clark would model his Super heroics after. Even the Suit made by martha has hints of the red white and blue which I can see Martha taking hints from Stories she read as a kid regarding steve
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-El): Earth-J217

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're still traveling the Thorpocamultiverse and we're now in the Earth-J217 multiverse and we've again got the standard bearer for heroes getting stocked on that Aisle 1!

Dreams Save Us. Dreams Lift Us Up And Transform Us. And On My Soul I Swear Until My Dream Of A World Where Dignity, Honor, And Justice Becomes The Reality We All Share, I’ll Never Stop Fighting. Ever! - Superman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL12

OPL: 12; SPL: 6; DPL: 12; FWPL: 12; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 13, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+16), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+8), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 1 (+6), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 3 (+8), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 5 (+10), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Stealth (+4), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Unarmed), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (Status - He’s Superman), Connected, Deep Ties* (1), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (3), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Russian, 5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Heroic Feat) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Rousing Speech* (1) (Persuasion), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 7 pts
Invulnerability: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 36 pts
Super Speed: Quickness 8; 8 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 25 pt Dynamic Array; 29 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 12 (8,000 mph/16 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 25 pts
Super Speed: Speed 12 (8,000 mph/16 mpr), Enhanced Quickness 4 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Space Travel: Movement 2 (Space Travel 2 [Other star systems]); 1 pt

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 30 pt Array; 32 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 14 (Extra: Accurate 2); 30 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 10 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 10 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (29 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Habitat, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System 2 [DC25]), Trophy Room; 29 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +6
Unarmed +8 [Unarmed +16]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +8 [Heat Vision +14]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +10, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +7 [DC17] Parry +7 [DC17]
Toughness +17 (+17 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Power Loss: Superman loses his powers and his ability stats are reduced to STR 3, STA 3, AGL 2, DEX 2 under a red sun, like that of Krypton, and other effects draining or interfering with the energies of the yellow sun can deprive him of his powers.
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane and his son, Jon Lane Kent. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his clone Kon-El, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant and of course, his loyal dog, Krypto. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and Thor.

Abilities 116 + Skills 14 (28 ranks) + Advantages 27 + Powers 131 + Defenses 10 = 298 / 298

Build Comments: I’m setting my Earth-J217 builds at a lower level overall than my main builds. I wanted to have some more street level builds to play around with that seem closer to the cinematic/television universes that the big companies have created but not have them at 15 pts per level. I’m still working on defining things, so there will be some tweaks. But I’m kind of thinking that PL-8-9 ish will be the baseline instead of PL10. And as I have tried to do before I ended up giving in power creep, which could happen again. I’m trying to keep all the characters closer in PL, like between 8-13, for more competitive fights. Team wrecker and jobber villains can go anywhere they need to, of course.

With that, Superman is at the top of my scale for heroes at PL12. His core mechanics are the same as my main Kryptonians, of course, just scaled back. I like that he seems beatable by a PL10 powerhouse/paragon type, kinda of like he was in the Timmverse.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 am
Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:57 am Spiffy-Keen! Another J-Mart thread! I was wondering about these, ever since Green Ronin shut down their forums. I'm SUPER-happy so many people followed us to Echoes now, as it gave us some advance warning that our community could have died. And I'm glad as hell that you especially made it over here :).

Thanks, Jab. The old boards being gone was a bummer but like you said, I'm glad so many others jumped when we did. I see Kreuz posting here every now and then so I have hopes that he'll fire up a thread here, too. I meant to send BARON an IM on Ronin Army after he posted a few months back with the link here but I didn't and would have loved to see him here, too.

But we soldier on undaunted, my friend. It gives me motivation to update all the stuff I had there in addition to the reposting I'm doing from my other disparate threads and the clean ups to the main J-Mart builds. Every time I look at a few, I find typos, miscalculations or rule mistakes so it's a never ending battle. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :)
I thought Baron had tried out here, but I guess not.

Hopefully you saved all your stuff. I remember you had almost all the X-Men at one point or another.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:59 am
Hopefully you saved all your stuff. I remember you had almost all the X-Men at one point or another.
I have pretty much everything I've ever built in 2E and 3E in Word docs, backed up on a flash drive, my old laptop, my current PC and an external hard drive. It's one of the very few things I'm anal about. ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 pm I have pretty much everything I've ever built in 2E and 3E in Word docs, backed up on a flash drive, my old laptop, my current PC and an external hard drive. It's one of the very few things I'm anal about. ;)
Which probably disappointed at least one former poster.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-L): Earth-T2

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got more of the OG hero from across the Thorpocamultiverse with this new item from our Earth-T2 setting!

This looks like a job for Superman! - Superman

SUPERMAN (KAL-L)
PL15

OPL: 15; SPL: 9; DPL: 14; FWPL: 12; HP: 1

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Close Combat [Unarmed] 3 (+11), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 2 (+7), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 5 (+10), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 3 (+7), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 10 (+15) [Connected], Stealth (+3), Technology 1 (+6)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Unarmed), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman), Connected, Deep Ties* (1) (Responsibility), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (5), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Russian, 5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Rousing Speech* (1) (Persuasion), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
Fire in the Eyes: Feature 1 (Harmless flames that flicker within the depths of the character’s eyes, providing a +2 circumstance bonus to Presence-based checks); 1 pt
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 4 (200,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 5 pts
Man of Steel: Protection 4, Impervious Toughness 17, Bludgeoning Damage 4 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 33 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Super Senses: Senses 19 (Normal Vision [Acute, Extended 3, Penetrates Concealment, Flaw: Cannot see through lead], Normal Hearing [Extended 3], Infravision [Extended], Microscopic Vision 4 [Atomic], Ultra-Hearing [Extended]); 19 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Enhanced Quickness 7 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 33 pt Array; 35 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 15 (Extra: Accurate 3); 33 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 11 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 11 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (28 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System 2 [DC25]), Trophy Room; 28 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +11 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +4
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +15]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +11, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +11, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +18 (+18 without Defensive Roll, +9 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: Superman’s closest relationship is with his wife, Lois Lane and his son, Jon Lane Kent. Other important people in his life include his mother and father, Martha and Jonathan Kent, his cousin, Supergirl, his clone Kon-El, and friends and co-workers Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, and Catherine “Cat” Grant and of course, his loyal dog, Krypto. In the superhero community he is close to Batman, Wonder Woman, Captain America and Thor.

Abilities 126 + Skills 18 (36 ranks) + Advantages 28 + Powers 151 + Defenses 14 = 337 / 337

Build Comments: Originally, my plan for Kal-L was to have him stuck on my prime Earth, posing as Clark’s “Uncle Cal Kent”. But when I started thinking about having the Thorpocamultiverse again, I figured I would create an amalgam of Earth-2 and the Ultimate universe. That sets up for shared world with Kal-L and Ultimate Thor, among interesting combinations.

As you would expect, a build of Kal-L is just a slightly tweaked version of Kal-El. Kal-L gets Accurate Attack to be a little more accurate, and he has a few more ranks in some skills because of his experience. But in essence, he’s the same Man of Steel.

Earth-T2 Secret Origins: Superman was born Kal-L of the planet Krypton. His father was the esteemed scientist, Jor-L, and his mother was a librarian named Lora. While Kal-L was still a toddler, his father discovered that the planet Krypton teetered on the brink of absolute destruction. Realizing that there was not enough time to save everyone on the planet, he deposited his son inside of a specially designed rocket ship and launched him into outer space. As Kal-L's rocket broke the atmosphere, the planet Krypton exploded.

After traveling through space for an indeterminate amount of time, his rocket eventually crash-landed in a small farming community named Smallville, on the planet Earth. Though at first placed in an orphanage, Kal-L was soon adopted by the Kents and given the name Clark.

The Story so Far: WORK IN PROGRESS

Characterization: Superman of Earth-T2 is the first and greatest hero of his generation. Respected the world over, and a legend in several other galaxies, he’s the standard that all heroes are measured by. The only other hero with his level of respect is Captain America.

Friends and Foes: WORK IN PROGRESS
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Superman (Kal-El): Earth-T2112

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Our last Superman from Across the Thorpocamultiverse (for now) is getting stocked now, check it out!

I don't know what to do! You can see that, can't you? Every choice I've made so far has brought us here, has been wrong! So listen to me, Billy. Listen harder than you ever have before. There's a bomb falling. Either it kills us - or we run rampant across the globe. I can still stop the bomb, Billy. That much I'm sure of. What I don't know is whether I should be allowed to. Superhumans or mankind... one will pay the ultimate price. And that decision... is not for me to make. I'm not a god, I'm not a man. But you, Billy... you're both. More than anyone who ever existed, you know what it's like to live in both worlds. Only you can weigh their worth equally. You can let me go... or with a word, you can stop me. Do you understand the choice that can be made by you alone? Then decide. Decide the world. - Superman

SUPERMAN (KAL-EL)
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 10; DPL: 16; FWPL: 13; HP: 1
Hair: Black/Grey
Team Affiliations: Justice League

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 20, STAMINA 15, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 5, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics (+20), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception (+5), Expertise [Farmer] 5 (+10), Expertise [Journalism] 5 (+10), Expertise [Kryptonian Lore] 5 (+10), Insight (+5), Intimidation (+5), Investigation 2 (+7), Perception 7 (+12), Persuasion 5 (+10) [Connected], Stealth (+3), Technology 5 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (1) (Unarmed), Beginner's Luck, Benefit (1) (He’s Superman), Connected, Deep Ties* (1) (Responsibility), Diehard, Equipment (6), Extraordinary Effort, Inspire (3), Great Endurance, Interpose, Languages (3) (Kryptonian, Spanish, French, Farsi, Russian, 5 others, Base: English), Leadership, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Power Attack (1) (Unarmed), Ultimate Effort (2) (Ultimate Strength Check, Ultimate Toughness Check)

POWERS:
More Powerful Than a Locomotive: Enhanced Strength 5 (800,000 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting), Feature 1 (Extraordinary Effect for +2 ranks of strength); 6 pts
Man of Steel: Protection 5, Impervious Toughness 19 ,Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Reaction [to being hit with close attack], Flaw: Limited [damage equal to rank of attack]); 39 pts
Invulnerability: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Diehard, Great Endurance), Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds; Extra: Persistent, Flaw: Limited [Requires exposure to yellow sunlight]); 15 pts
Faster Than a Speeding Bullet: 31 pt Dynamic Array; 35 pts
Able to Leap Tall Buildings: Flight 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr; Extra: Dynamic); 31 pts
Super Speed: Speed 15 (64,000 mph/125 mpr), Quickness 8 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts

Powers Far Beyond Those of Mortal Men: 37 pt Array; 39 pts
Heat Vision: Ranged Heat Energy Damage 17 (Extra: Accurate 3); 37 pts
Freezing Breath: Cone Area Cumulative Affliction 12 (Ice; Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Immobilized, 3rd: Paralyzed; Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone]); 1 pt
Super-Breath: Cone Area Move Object 12 (Air; Extra: Cone Area x2 [120 ft cone], Flaw: Range [Close], Limited Direction [towards or away]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(30 pts)
Headquarters: (28 pts)
Fortress of Solitude: Size – H, Tough – 20, Features - Communications, Computer, Concealed 3 [+20 DC], Defense System, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel [Kelex and Robots], Power System, Security System 2 [DC25]), Trophy Room; 28 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +9
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +20]
Ranged Attack +5
Heat Vision +10 [Heat Vision +17]
Special Attack [Super Breath Move Object +12, Cone Area; Freeze Breath Affliction +12, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+20 without Defensive Roll, +10 Impervious), Fortitude +15, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Relationships: While Superman has lost a number of those closest to him, his parents, his best friend and wife, Lois Lane-Kent, he has close ties to his long-time allies Batman and Wonder Woman.
Secret Identity: Clark Kent, mild-mannered farmer and retired reporter from the Daily Planet.

Abilities 130 + Skills 19 (38 ranks) + Advantages 23 + Powers 162 + Defenses 17 = 351 / 351

Build Comments: I go back and forth with whether I would say Kingdom Come is my favorite DC comic series of all time, or the Batman: The Long Halloween/Dark Victory. And of course, any DC comic with Snowflame in it. Which I think is only New Guardians #2...but I digress. ;)

What is not debatable is that this is my favorite incarnation of Superman all time. Kingdom Come is one of those comics that reminds you why Superman can still be relevant when handled properly, and that no matter whether he seems outdated to some, he's still the standard by which all superheroes are measured. With my renumbering of the multiversal Earths, he is from Earth-2112, where a Maestro and some other slightly futuristic comic builds will call home.

Secret Origins: Kal-El was born on the doomed planet, Krypton, the only son of reknowned scientist Jor-El and his wife Lara. Jor-El realized that Krypton faced imminent destruction due to its unstable core, the result of years of depleting Krypton's natural resources. The ruling council, pre-occupied by a military coup led by planet's military commander General Zod and his followers, refused to act or advise the general populace.

In order to save his son, and the legacy of his planet, Jor-El infused Kal-El’s cells with a genetic codex of the entire Kryptonian race and sent him on a spaceship to Earth. After a confrontation with Jor-El, Zod and his followers are captured and banished to the Phantom Zone.

Kal-El's ship landed outside Smallville, Kansas, where he is found by Jonathan and Martha Kent who raised the child as their own and named him Clark. During a temper tantrum over his lost security blanket, Clark knocks over a tractor and the Kents realize that Clark's Kryptonian physiology affords him superhuman abilities on Earth. This initially caused him confusion and ostracism, but he gradually learned to harness his powers to help others. On Clark’s 16th birthday, Jonathan revealed to him that he was an alien and advised him not to use his powers publicly, fearing that society will reject him. Clark found the Kryptonian crystal tech that Jor-El sent with him and began to learn his origins and developed a relationship with his birth parents through the interactive holograms contained within the crystals. He made good friends in high school, Lana Lang, Pete Ross, Chloe Sullivan, and for a while, a young Lex Luthor who was “exiled” as he called it, to Smallville for a couple of years.

The Story so Far: WORK IN PROGRESS

Characterization: WORK IN PROGRESS

Friends and Foes: WORK IN PROGRESS
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Ken wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 pm
Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:28 pm I have pretty much everything I've ever built in 2E and 3E in Word docs, backed up on a flash drive, my old laptop, my current PC and an external hard drive. It's one of the very few things I'm anal about. ;)
I'm not touching that one, my man. I'd love to, but I'm trying to be better person just in case these are really the end times so I can go to Valhalla. ;)
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 pm
I'm not touching that one, my man. I'd love to, but I'm trying to be better person just in case these are really the end times so I can go to Valhalla. ;)
"Can't touch this...!" (que music....) :lol:
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

"Can't touch this...!" (cue music....) :lol:
(cue music)
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 pm
Goldar wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

"Can't touch this...!" (cue music....) :lol:
(cue music)
Thanks Buddy.

Love that first scene--it looked like Hollywood and Vine