J-Mart: Kung Lao, Ken Masters, Captain Carter, John Preston

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Thorpocalypse

Thanos: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're keeping the additions to our Villains Line coming with this new item. And this one was INEVITABLE...

I am Thanos of Titan. I have conquered worlds. I have bent reality around my will. Men cower at the mere mention of my name. And now... now you have imprisoned me... mocked me... disrespected me. And here you stand, ready to take advatange to my condition. Ready to finish me. Well, if I am to fall, I will die showing you all that Thanos will not be disrespected. Thanos is still a conqueror. Thanos is still a warrior. Thanos is still a god. And you will either bow or be broken! - Thanos

THANOS
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 13; DPL: 16; FWPL: 15; HP: 1
Height: 8-2
Weight: 1000
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Skin: Purple
Race: Titanian
Identity: Public
Alignment: Villain
Base of Operations: Mobile
Team Affiliations: The Black Order

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 18, STAMINA 17, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 11, AWARENESS 8, PRESENCE 8

SKILLS: Athletics (+18), Close Combat [Unarmed] 2 (+14), Deception 7 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 11 (+22), Expertise [Magic] 4 (+15) [Ritualist], Expertise [Science] 12 (+23), Insight 7 (+15), Intimidation 12 (+20/+21), Investigation 2 (+13) [Well-Informed], Perception (+8), Persuasion 5 (+13), Stealth (+2/+0), Technology 12 (+23) [Inventor]

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Wealth, Status, Resources 10 – Mad Titan Cosmic Despot), Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Fearless, Inventor, Power Attack (3) (Cosmic Blast, Long Blades, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (10), Ritualist, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Mad Titan Size: Growth 2 (+2 Str, +2 Sta, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth, +1 Intimidation, Speed +0, +2 Mass; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 5 pts
Mad Titan Physiology: Impervious Toughness 10, Immunity 12 (Aging, Life Support, Sleep), Feature 2 (Increased Mass 2), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 26 pts
Unreachable by the Hand of Fate: Immunity 2 (Precognition); 2 pts
Cosmic Traveler: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Understood in all languages); 6 pts
Cosmic Energy Control: 40 pt Array; 43 pts
Cosmic Blast: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 19 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2); 40 pts
Cosmic Wave: Cone Area Cosmic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Affects Insubstantial 2); 1 pt
Cosmic Fields: Create 19 (Cosmic Energy Shields); 1 pt
Telepathy: Communication 4 (Mental, Worldwide); 1 pt

Thanos Armor: 10 pts Traits, Removable (-2 pts); 8 pts
Body Armor: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 7; 10 pts
Double Bladed Sword: 14 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-6 pts); 8 pts
Double Blade Strike: Slashing Strength-based Damage 2 (Extra: Penetrating 12); 14 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +6
Close Attack +12 [Double Blade Sword +20]
Unarmed +14 [Unarmed +18]
Ranged Attack +13 [Cosmic Energy Blast +19; Cosmic Fields Create +19]
Special Attack [Cosmic Wave +16, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +20 (+9 Impervious with Armor, +17 without Armor, +5 Impervious without Armor), Fortitude +17, Will +13

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Adam Warlock, Drax the Destroyer, most of the universe.
Obsession: Destroying all life.
Relationships: Mistress Death, his true love.

Abilities 150 + Skills 37 (74 ranks) + Advantages 29 + Powers 98 + Defenses 14 = 328 / 328

Build Comments: Ah, Thanos. One of Marvels heaviest hitters. The Mad Titan. The top villain in arguably the greatest movie franchise of all time. The many time owner of the Infinity Gauntlet, the most powerful item in the universe. A man that can take on the entire Avengers or the Guardians of the Galaxy or any of the Heralds of Galactus and come out on top.

But then lose to a weirdo like 70’s Adam Warlock.

And Squirrel Girl… :shock:

THAT is why I love comics. 8-)

Secret Origins: Thanos was born on Saturn's moon Titan, and is the child of Eternals Mentor and Sui-San. Thanos was carried the Deviants gene, and as such shared the physical appearance of the Eternals' cousin race. Although treated fairly, Thanos became mindful of his appearance and isolated himself, only playing with his brother Eros (Starfox). Thanos became fascinated with nihilism and death, and worshipped and eventually fell in love with the physical embodiment of death, Mistress Death. As an adult, Thanos used bionics and mysticism to become the most powerful of the Titans, and is often referred to as the Mad Titan.

The Story so Far: Wishing to impress Mistress Death, Thanos gathered an army of villainous aliens and unleashed a nuclear bombardment of Titan that killed millions of his race. Seeking universal power in the form of the Cosmic Cube, Thanos traveled to Earth. Prior to landing, his vessel destroyed a nearby car as a family witnesses his arrival. Unbeknownst to Thanos, two of the family members in the vehicle survived: the father's spirit is preserved by the Titanian cosmic entity Kronos and is given a new form as Drax the Destroyer while the daughter is found by Thanos' father Mentor and is raised to become the heroine Moondragon.

Thanos eventually located the Cube, and also attracted the attention of Mistress Death. Willing the Cube to make him omnipotent, Thanos then discarded the Cube. He imprisoned Kronos and taunts Kree hero Captain Marvel, who with the aid of superhero team the Avengers and ISAAC (a super-computer based on Titan), is eventually able to defeat Thanos by destroying the Cube.

Thanos later came to the aid of Adam Warlock in a war against the Magus and his religious empire. During this alliance Thanos cultivated a plan to reunite with Mistress Death, and secretly siphoned off the energies of Warlock's Soul Gem, and combined these with the power of the other Infinity Gems to create a weapon capable of destroying a star. Warlock summoned the Avengers and Captain Marvel to stop Thanos and the plan is foiled, but Warlock is killed by Thanos. The Titan regrouped and captured the heroes, who are freed by Spider-Man and the Thing. Thanos is finally stopped by Warlock, whose spirit emerged from the Soul Gem and turned the Titan to stone. Thanos' spirit eventually reappears to accompany a dying Captain Marvel's soul into the realm of Death.

Thanos is eventually resurrected and collects the Infinity Gems once again. He used the gems to create the Infinity Gauntlet, making him nigh-omnipotent, and erased half the living things in the universe to prove his love to Death. This act and several others are soon undone by Adam Warlock. Warlock reveals that Thanos has always allowed himself to be defeated because the Titan secretly knows he is not worthy of ultimate power.

Since then, Thanos has come into conflict with cosmic heroes several times in his attempt to regain the Infinity Gauntlet and other schemes. During the Annihilation War Thanos allied himself with the genocidal villain Annihilus. When the Annihilation Wave destroyed the Kyln, Thanos sends the Fallen to check on the status of the Beyonder, whose mortal form he finds has perished. Before the Fallen can report back to Thanos it encountered Tenebrous and Aegis: two of Galactus' ancient foes. Thanos convinces Tenebrous and Aegis to join the Annihilation Wave in order to get revenge on Galactus, and they subsequently defeat the World Devourer and the Silver Surfer. Annihilus desires the secret of the Power Cosmic and asked Thanos to study Galactus. Once Thanos learns Annihilus' true goal is to use the Power Cosmic to destroy all life and remain the sole survivor, he decided to free Galactus. Drax the Destroyer killed Thanos before he can do so but discovered that Thanos had placed a failsafe device to allow Silver Surfer to free Galactus in the event that Annihilus betrayed him. During a climactic battle with Annihilus, Nova is near death and saw Thanos standing with Mistress Death.

Once again, Thanos was resurrected, this time by the Universal Truth of Church. After this return, he vowed that since he lived again, EVERYTHING would die.

Characterization: Thanos is quite simply one of the most dangerous beings in the universe. He wants nothing more than to destroy all life as an offering to his love, Mistress Death. He is a master strategist and has a boundless, ruthless ambition that allows him to achieve any of his goals, no matter how far reaching.

Friends and Foes: He will form alliances if it suits his need, but generally he only longs to be with Mistress Death. His greatest foe has been Adam Warlock, who has thwarted his plans several times. Drax the Destroyer only lives to kill Thanos and is always looking out for him to fulfill his destiny. In general, though, Thanos see all life as his foe and continually looks for ways to end it.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Re: Thanos: Earth-T1

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:14 pm THANOS
PL16

EQUIPMENT:
NONE
No Thanoscopter? :(
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:14 am
PL16

EQUIPMENT:
NONE
Is that...Thano-Scopter (some kind of tool) or Thanos-Copter?? :?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Goldar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:34 am
PL16

EQUIPMENT:
NONE
The latter:
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Ken wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:26 am

The latter:
:lol: It even has his name on it so that no one steals it! :lol:
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Goldar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm

The latter:
Man, were us little boys of the 70's that crazy about helicopter toys? :D
Goldar

Post by Goldar »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:55 pm
Goldar wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:44 pm

The latter:
Man, were us little boys of the 70's that crazy about helicopter toys? :D
Well, it harkens back to the days where simple toys and IMAGINATION ruled, rather than today whwere it is about I-phones, I-Pads and "I", "I", "I" !
Thorpocalypse

Darkseid: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

This next new item IS...

I look on existence and I see chaos. I abhor chaos. I would have order. Ordering the chaos requires a single mind. A single will. Mine. - Darkseid

DARKSEID
PL16

OPL: 16; SPL: 10; DPL: 16; FWPL: 16; HP: 1
Height: 8-9
Weight: 1815
Skin: Grey
Race: Apokoliptian
Base of Operations: Apokolips
Team Affiliations: Darkseid's Elite

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 19, STAMINA 16, AGILITY 2, DEXTERITY 3, FIGHTING 13, INTELLECT 10, AWARENESS 9, PRESENCE 9

SKILLS: Athletics (+19), Deception 6 (+15), Expertise [Cosmic Lore] 10 (+20) [Ritualist], Insight 4 (+13), Intimidation 9 (+18/+20) [Daze], Perception 2 (+11), Persuasion 3 (+12), Ranged Combat [Omega Effect] 9 (+12), Stealth (+2/-2), Technology 3 (+13)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (10) (Wealth. Status, Resources 9 – God of Evil/Ruler of Apokolips, Can use Cosmic Lore for Ritualist), Daze (1) (Intimidation), Diehard, Fearless, Power Attack (2) (Omega Effect, Unarmed), Ritualist

POWERS:
Darkseid Size: Growth 4 (+4 Str, +4 Sta, -2 Dodge/Parry, -4 Stealth, +2 Intimidation, Speed +0, +4 Mass, Reach [5 ft]; Extra: Innate, Permanent); 9 pts
New God Physiology: Protection 3, Impervious Toughness 15, Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 20 pts
Immortal: Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support); 11 pts
The Omega Effect: 71 pt Array; 74 pts
Pain Effect: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 20 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Concentration, Dimensional 3, Extended Range 2 [100/250/500], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action], Limited to two degrees); 71 pts
Destruction Effect: Ranged Cosmic Energy Damage 20 (Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dimensional 3, Extended Range 2 [100/250/500], Homing 6, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt
Teleportation Effect: Teleport Attack 20 (4,000 miles/1,000,000; Extra: Affects Insubstantial 2, Dimensional 3, Extended, Extended Range 2 [100/250/500], Homing 4, Reversible, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1pt
Transformation Effect: Ranged Transform 10 (Anything into anything else, 800 lb mass, Extra: Reversible, Homing 4, Flaw: Activation [Move Action]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +2
Close Attack +13 [Unarmed +19]
Ranged Attack +3
Omega Effect(s) +12 [Destruction Effect +20; Pain Effect Affliction +20; Transformation Effect +10]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +19 (+8 Impervious), Fortitude +16, Will +14

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Darkseid is supremely arrogant and confident in his position as a god.
Obsession: With discovering the Anti-Life Equation and extinguishing free will throughout the cosmos.
Rivalry: Thanos, Annihilus, Ming the Merciless, Highfather and New Genesis and Superman (although that rivalry is for a different reason).
Vulnerable: All of the New Gods are vulnerable to Radion.

Abilities 146 + Skills 23 (46 ranks) + Advantages 16 + Powers 114 + Defenses 16 = 315 / 315

Build Comments: I loves me some Darkseid. I may go back and make him more powerful, or add a higher PL version because recent testing has taught me that as constituted, he is not as overpowering of a matchup for the Justice League as I would like. He’s awesome, but if he’s facing Superman, Wonder Woman, J’onn and Hal at the same time, he’s probably going down. Numbers make such a huge difference in turn based combat.

Secret Origins: Darkseid IS. His origins are not important.

The Story so Far: Darkseid is. He IS the story.

Characterization: Darkseid is the God of evil. Darkseid wants to rule everything and eliminate free will from the universe. Darkseid will tolerate no resistance. Darkseid IS.

Friends and Foes: Darkseid has no friends. Darkseid decides to let DeSaad serve him, as well as Granny Goodness, Steppenwolf and his Female Furies. Darkseid will kill them if they fail to serve him faithfully and he will bring them back to kill them again because he IS.

Darkseid has been at war with New Genesis for centuries. Darkseid has let them live because he wants them to have hope that he can take away. Darkseid will destroy them when he decides it is time. Because Darkseid IS.
Goldar

Re: J-Mart Prime: Doctor Doom, The Kingpin, Thanos, Darkseid

Post by Goldar »

Wow, that is a scary Darkseid, being even! stronger and more powerful than Thanos (even with his Thanos-Copter :lol: )!
Thorpocalypse

Lex Luthor: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Check out this new addition to our Villains Line fresh from our Metropolis location!

Give me my legally mandated ten-minute phone call and I can destroy a dam in Hyderabad, score the contracts to rebuild it, seduce your significant other and, as an afterthought, invent a phone you could use to call Mars. - Lex Luthor

LEX LUTHOR
PL14

OPL: 13; SPL: 14; DPL: 13; FWPL: 8; HP: 1
Height: 6-2
Weight: 210
Eyes: Green
Skin: Fair
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Base of Operations: Metropolis, NH, USA
Team Affiliations: Secret Society

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2 [13], STAMINA 3, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 8, INTELLECT 12, AWARENESS 5, PRESENCE 5

SKILLS: Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+12), Deception 13 (+18) [Daze, Taunt], Expertise [Business] 10 (+22) [Skill Mastery], Expertise [Science] 12 (+24) [Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Insight 8 (+13), Intimidation 8 (+13), Investigation 6 (+18) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception (+5), Persuasion 8 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Guns] 4 (+11), Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems]) +7 (+11), Stealth (+2), Technology 12 (+24) [Inventor, Skill Mastery, Ultimate Effort], Treatment 1 (+13), Vehicles 5 (+9)

ADVANTAGES: Accurate Attack (1) (Weapons Systems), Benefit (6) (Status – Lex Freakin’ Luthor, Wealth 5 [Billionaire]), Clean* (2), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Defensive Roll (2), Eidetic Memory, Equipment (7), Favored Foe (Superman), Improved Aim, Inventor, Languages (3) (Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Mandarin, Farsi, French, 4 others, Base: English), Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Ranged Attack (3), Skill Mastery (3) (Expertise [Business], Expertise [Science], Technology), Speed of Thought*, Taunt, Ultimate Effort (2) (Expertise [Science], Technology), Well-Informed

POWERS:
Luthor Battlesuit: 134 pts Traits, Removable (-27 pts); 107 pts
Armor: Protection 10, Impervious Toughness 11; 21 pts
Life Support System: Immunity 9 (Life Support [minus starvation and thirst]); 9 pts
Thrusters: Flight 12 (8,000 mph; 16 mpr); 24 pts
Sensors: Senses 4 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended], Infravision, Radio); 4 pts
Combat Computer: Enhanced Dodge 2, Enhanced Parry 2, Enhanced Advantages 3 (Accurate Attack, Improved Aim, Precise Attack [Ranged, Cover]), Enhanced Skills 2 (Ranged Combat [Weapons Systems] 4 ranks); 9 pts
Communications System: Communication 3 (Radio, Statewide/Small Nation); 12 pts
Hydraulic Strength: Enhanced Strength 11; 22 pts
Weapons Systems: 30 pt Array; 33 pts
Blaster: Ranged Kryptonite Energy Damage 15; 30 pts
Homing Missiles: Ranged Ballistic Damage 11, Burst Area Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Homing 2, Linked [Senses]), Senses 1 (Infravision, Linked [Ranged Damage]); 1 pt
Machine Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 10; 1 pt
Surface Shock: Reaction Affliction 7 (Resisted by Fortitude, 1st: Impaired, 2nd: Disabled, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reaction [when touched]); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(35 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Headquarters: (25 pts)
Lexcorp Towers: Size - G, Tough - 12, Features - Communications, Computer, Defense System, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Grounds, Gym, Hangar, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Personnel, Power System, Security System [DC35], Workshop); 25 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +8
Unarmed +12 [Unarmed +2; Battlesuit Unamed +13]
Ranged Attack +7
Guns +11 [Pistol +4]
Weapon Systems +11 [Kryptonite Blast +15; Machine Gun +10, Multiattack; Homing Missiles +10, Burst Area

DEFENSES:
Dodge +9 (+11 in Battlesuit) [DC19/21] Parry +9 (+11 in Battlesuit) [DC19/21]
Toughness +5 (+3 without Defensive Roll, +15 in Battlesuit, +6 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +11

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: Luthor is supremely arrogant and confident in his own abilities, but he needs recognition for his achievements.
Daddy Issues: Lex's father Lionel was abusive but Lex still felt a desire for his approval.
Greed: Luthor has always been driven by a desire to have everything he wants, no matter what he has to do to get it.
Obsession: Luthor is obsessed with humbling and destroying Superman.
Rivalry: With Victor Von Doom (top villain), Reed Richards (smartest man), Tony Stark (top tech designer/most popular billionaire), Norman Osborn (visionary/weapons designer).

Abilities 84 + Skills 48 (96 ranks) + Advantages 37 + Powers 107 + Defenses 17 = 293 / 293

Build Comments: Lex is always fun to build. It’s interesting trying to make a non-powered individual the equal of someone like Superman, but if anyone is it, it’s Lex. He’s the smartest, richest, best liar, best planner, and greatest technical mind there is. If he can’t make it, he’ll buy it and whatever he does to Clark, he’ll figure out a way to get away with it.

I decided to go ahead and make the battlesuit part of his main build. This is pretty bare bones, so I will probably take another run at it after I catch up on Action Comics at some point.

Secret Origins: Lex Luthor is the son of Metropolis millionaire Lionel Luthor and his wife Letitia. The Luthor family has a long history with the city of Metropolis. Some of Lex's ancestors were among the pilgrims who founded the city, others were amongst the Native Americans who were there to meet them. Over the centuries, the Luthor family became wealthy and influential. Lex's great-grandfather Wallace Luthor was a millionaire industrialist at the beginning of the 20th Century. He lost his fortune though, in the stock market crash of 1929, and went to his grave a pauper after having to declare bankruptcy. The family fortune was rebuilt by Lionel. Lex, because of Lionel’s abusive nature and alcoholism, had no love for his father, but still found himself wanting to live up to his high expectations. He did love his sister Lena.

In his teens, he lived for a time in Smallville with his aunt Lena, who his sister was named for and there met the young Clark Kent and his friends Lana Lang, Chloe Sullivan and Pete Ross. The stand-offish and superior Lex was friendly with Clark for a time, but eventually left Smallville under a cloud of suspicion after his father died in mysterious circumstances (engineered by Lex, though this could not be proved). Leaving his sister in Smallville, Lex went back to Metropolis and took over Luthor Industries. He renamed it LexCorp, shifted the focus to technology and military weaponry, with himself as lead designer on most products and within a few years he became the richest man in the world.

The Story so Far: Lex Luthor is one of the greatest minds on the planet and one of the richest, most charismatic men in the world as well. His LexCorp tech is THE name brand in technology, and while he has ceased designing full-time to focus on other interests, Lex approves every new product that comes out personally. He also never abandoned the industrial side of the business that father, Lionel Luthor, stewarded to the top, and keeps his fingers in that aspect as well, even though he leaves the day-to-day oversight of that side of the business to others.

His face is everywhere, billboards, magazines, product labels, and there is not a week that goes by that he is not being interviewed for a magazine, sitting in on a talk show or producing his webcast that gets more hits than any other business related webcast in the world. In addition, he has a black belt in karate, is a master marksman and by People magazine’s estimation, has donated more money to charity than anyone in history. In short, he has it all.

However…

Characterization: Luthor’s sole ambition in life is to destroy Superman so that he can become humanity’s rightful champion. He was already antisocial and bitter during his childhood and having endured continuous abuse from his father, Luthor murdered him and made his death look like an accident. Since then, Luthor has become more and more ruthless, seeing people as tools to be manipulated or as enemies to be destroyed. His vindictiveness grew even more when Superman first appeared, as Luthor believed the people of Metropolis had replaced him with Superman as the city’s savior. Swearing vengeance on Superman, Luthor has tried to destroy the Man of Steel for an eternity.

Luthor truly sees himself as a hero and Superman as a villain. He believes Superman’s heroic acts are an obstacle for human progress and the super heroes that have come after him are proof of that. Luthor has stated on many occasions that after he destroys Superman, he will work towards the betterment of mankind. However, Superman has proven that Luthor will not keep this supposed promise.

His own great arrogance, intense greed, vindictive jealousy, ruthlessness, megalomania and father issues are his major weaknesses than can be exploited.

Friends and Foes: His loyal chauffer and bodyguard, Mercy Graves, is with him at least 18 hours a day. His most complex relationship is with Clark Kent/Superman. Lex became obsessively jealous of Superman’s popularity when he arrived on the scene and has dedicated himself to bringing the “alien” down and proving himself to be humanity’s true savior. He is also one of the few people who has deduced Superman’s secret identity, mainly because of their relationship in Smallville where Clark was one of Lex’s only friends. Despite all of Lex’s machinations, he and Clark have had moments where Lex has shown that he still values their friendship. Evidence of that is even though Lex knows Superman’s secret identity, he has never shared it with anyone and has never made a move against Clark’s family.

It’s Superman he wants to destroy. Period.
Thorpocalypse

The Joker: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

All we can say about this item is:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Losing your temper yet, Lex? I'll let you in on a little secret. I lost my temper long, long ago, and I've never found it. Maybe it's under one of the sofa cushions! Pain? You can't stop me by hurting me! Don't you know me at all? Pain is my boon companion! My stalwart friend! I am alive with pain every moment of every day, Lex! Ever since that fateful day when I was baptized in a vat of chemical goo, that corrosive stuff has burned through my skin like fire. Pain is my One True Love! I admire your willingness to do violence, Lex. Because you have no problem doing it when you have to. But I'm different, Lex. I do violence because it's fun! You're good at your job, Lex. But me? I LOVE MY JOB! - Joker

THE JOKER
PL11

OPL: 11; SPL 8; DPL: 11; FWPL: 9; HP: 1
Height: 6-3
Weight: 175
Hair: Green
Skin: White
Race: Human Mutate
Identity: Secret
Base of Operations: Gotham City, NJ, USA
Team Affiliations: None

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 4, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 12, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 2, PRESENCE 7

SKILLS: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 5 (+7), Close Combat [Short Blades] 3 (+15), Deception 9 (+16) [Daze, Improved Trick, Taunt], Expertise [Chemistry] 7 (+13), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+12), Insight (+2), Intimidation 9 (+16) [Daze, Second Chance, Startle], Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion (+7), Sleight of Hand 6 (+11), Stealth 7 (+11), Technology 4 (+10), Vehicles 2 (+7)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (No ID), Daze (2) (Deception, Intimidation), Defensive Roll (2), Diehard, Equipment (8), Favored Foe (Batman), Fearless, Improved Critical (1) (Short Blades), Improved Initiative (1), Improved Trick*, Last Stand*, Luck (Edit Scene) (1), Luck (Improve Roll) (1), Power Attack (1) (Crowbar), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack (8), Second Chance (1) (Intimidation Checks vs. Intimidation), Seize Initiative, Set Up (1), Startle, Taunt

POWERS:
Better Living Through Chemistry: Immunity 1 (Poisons/Toxins); 1 pt
Shattered Mind: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Pain is Your Friend: Immunity 5 (Pain Effects, Flaw: Limited to half effect), Protection 2; 5 pts
Lucky Escape: Immortality 5 (1/day, Flaw: Limited [to Circumstances of Plausible Survival]); 5 pts

EQUIPMENT:
(45 pts)
Heavy Pistol: Ranged Ballistic Damage 4; 8 pts
Knife: Piercing Strength-Based Damage 1, Dangerous; 2 pts
Bag of Tricks: (19 pts)
Squirting Acid: Acid Damage 6 (Extra: Secondary Effect, Reach 2 [10 ft]); 14 pts
Joker Venom: Affliction 10 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Dazed, 2nd: Stunned, 3rd: Incapacitated, Extra: Reach 2 [10 ft]), Feature 1 (Victim face contorted into wide grin); 1 pt
Joy Buzzer: Electrical Damage 8, Subtle; 1 pt
Marbles: Cone Area Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Flaw: Instant Recovery, Limited to Two Degrees, Limited [targets must be on ground]); 1 pt
Razor Sharp Playing Cards: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 2; 1 pt
Crowbar: Bludgeoning Strength-Based Damage 2, Dangerous; 1 pt
Headquarters: (13 pts)
Abandoned Amusement Park: Size - H, Tough - 8, Features - Deathtraps 3, Defense System, Garage, Holding Cells, Laboratory, Living Space, Security System, Workshop; 13 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +12 [Unarmed +2; Crowbar +4, Critical 19-20; Acid Damage +6; Joy Buzzer +8; Joker Venom Affliction +10]
Short Blades +15 [Knives +3, Critical 18-20]
Ranged Attack +13 [Razor Sharp Playing Cards +2, Multiattack; Heavy Pistol +4]
Special Attack [Marbles Affliction +10, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +8 (+6 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Insanity: The Joker is completely insane, and therefore prone to irrational and unpredictable behavior. He thrives on chaos, and creates it.
Obsession: The Joker's one goal above all others is to mess with and eventually kill Batman. Any other plans, alliances, personal gains, etc. are all secondary. Trademark: The Joker’s ego compels him to taunt, leave clues and otherwise make it clear he is responsible for his crimes.

Abilities 84 + Skills 33 (66 ranks) + Advantages 38 + Powers 16 + Defenses 22 = 193 / 193

Build Comments: Ah, the Clown Prince of Crime. In the running for the greatest villain ever. He’s pure chaos which is the perfect foil for Batman’s sense of order. Every incarnation, from the campy Caesar Romero ’66 Joker to the creepy, Heath Ledger The Dark Knight Joker, holds a place in comic/movie/TV infamy.

I wanted my Joker to be a pretty strong street level combatant. He’s still not a one-on-one match for the Bat, but with some thugs and some good planning, he can give Bruce a run for his money, just like he always has.

Secret Origins: No one is exactly sure. It is widely believed that he was a villain known as the Red Hood that battled Batman and accidentally fell into a vat of chemicals. When he surfaces in the nearby reservoir, he removes the hood and sees his reflection: bleached chalk-white skin, ruby-red lips, and emerald green hair. These events, coupled with his other misfortunes that day, drive the criminal through the massive personality shift that results in the birth of the Joker.

There are several variations on this story that he has told or have surfaced from the Gotham underworld, but whatever the true story is, all that is known for sure as that whatever happened to him created a monster unlike anything anyone has ever seen.

The Story so Far: The Joker has been involved in countless crimes and murders, far too many to list here. He’s fought Batman many times over the years with varying degrees of success. He’s responsible the death of the second Robin, Jason Todd, the death of Jim Gordon’s second wife and for shooting Barbara Gordon in the spine, causing her paralysis that only recently has been cured.

His crimes has ranged from the ludicrous, like creating Joker Fish and trying to copyright them, to the truly monstrous, like his murder of two dozen school children just to get Batman’s attention. As the Trickster said, “When supervillains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories.”

Characterization: The Joker is chaos, pure and simple. His moods change like the weather and he can go from jovial one second to homicidal the next and no one can truly predict when or why it happens

Friends and Foes: He had an ill-fated relationship with Harley Quinn for a couple of years, but it ended as most would expect. Still, Harley loves him despite everything and even though she is trying to lead a better life, she still can’t get Mistah J out of her system.

He’s had run-in with dozens of heroes, villains and members of the Bat-Family, but he only has one true enemy is his mind: Batman.
Last edited by Thorpocalypse on Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse

Loki: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Let's get into some trouble, shall we? :twisted:

Loki: You must be truly desperate to come to me for help. What makes you think you can trust me?
Thor: I don't. Mother did. You should know that when we fought each other in the past, I did so with a glimmer of hope that my brother was still in there somewhere. That hope no longer exists to protect you. You betray me, and I will kill you.

Sif: Betray him and I'll kill you.
Loki: It's good to see you too, Sif.

Volstagg: If you even THINK about betraying him...
Loki: ...You'll kill me? Evidently there will be a line.

LOKI
PL14

OPL: 14; SPL: 10; DPL: 13; FWPL: 10; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 525
Hair: Black
Race: Frost Giant - Asgardian
Base of Operations: Asgard
Team Affiliations: Asgard

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 3, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 6, AWARENESS 6, PRESENCE 9

SKILLS: Athletics (+10), Deception 13 (+22) [Daze, Durable Lie, Skill Mastery, Taunt], Expertise [Magic] 14 (+20) [Artificer, Ritualist, Skill Mastery], Insight 4 (+10), Intimidation 1 (+10), Investigation 7 (+13) [Contacts, Well-Informed], Perception 4 (+10), Persuasion 4 (+13) [Connected], Ranged Combat [Magic] 5 (+12), Sleight of Hand 6 (+10), Stealth (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Artificer, Benefit (2) (Status 2 – Prince of Asgard), Connected, Contacts, Daze (1) (Deception), Durable Lie*, Favored Foe (Thor), Languages (3) (German, English, 8 others, Base: Ancient Norse), Ranged Attack (3), Ritualist, Skill Mastery (2) (Deception, Expertise [Magic]), Taunt, Well-Informed

POWERS:
Frost Giant Physiology: Impervious Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 3, Immunity 5 (Aging, Disease, Poison, Heat, Cold), Senses 2 (Normal Vision [Extended], Normal Hearing [Extended]), Enhanced Advantages 1 (Diehard), Feature 1 (Increased Mass), Regeneration 2 (1/every 5 rounds); 18 pts
Asgardian Strength: Enhanced Strength 1 (50 Tons; Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 1 pt
Asgardian Halberd: 5 pts traits, Easily Removable (-2 pts); 3 pts
Halberd Strike: Piercing Strength-based Damage 3 (Extra: Dangerous, Reach); 5 pts
Prestidigitation: Feature 1 (You can create minor illusions as “magic tricks” primarily suitable for entertainment, but potentially good for a circumstance bonus for interaction skills or to distract targets from other happenings); 1 pt
Magic Array: 76 pt Dynamic Array; 94 pts
God of Mischief: Illusion 12 (All Senses, Extra: Area [60 ft volume], Dynamic, Independent, Dimensional 3 [Any dimension], Flaw: Limited to one subject); 75 pts
Astral Projection: Remote Sensing 20 (Visual, Auditory, 4000 miles; Extra: Dimensional 3 [Any dimension], Dynamic); 2 pts
Eldritch Blast: Ranged Mystic Energy Damage 16 (Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Teleportation: Teleport 18 (1000 miles/250,000 miles; Extra: Dynamic, Extended, Increased Mass 6 [3200 lbs], Flaw: Extended Only); 2 pts
Mystic Shield: Deflect 16 (Extra: Dynamic, Reflect, Redirect); 2 pts
Shapeshifting: Morph 4 (Any form, Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Reality Shaping: Ranged Transform 12 (Anything into anything else, 3200 lbs.; Extra: Dynamic); 2 pts
Spellcasting: Variable 12 (Mystical Descriptor, Extra: Dynamic, Flaw: Slow); 2 pts
Boon from Loki: Summon Empowered Version 12 (180 pt Minion, Extra: General Type, Flaw: Limited to Available Subjects); 2 pts
Whispers in your Ear...: Perception Range Affliction 12 (Resisted/Overcome by Will; 1st: Entranced, 2nd: Compelled; Extra: Dimensional 3, Dynamic, Insidious, Subtle, Flaw: Limited to Two Degrees, Sense-Dependent [Auditory]); 2 pts

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +3
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +10; Halberd +13, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +7
Magic +12 [Magic Blast +16; Transform +12; Mystic Shield Deflect +16]
Special Attacks [Whispers Affliction +12, Perception]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +14 [DC24] Parry +12 [DC22]
Toughness +12 (+3 Impervious), Fortitude +10, Will +10

COMPLICATIONS:
Arrogance: He believes himself to be smarter, craftier and generally above anyone, mortal or God.
Motivation: Causing havoc and mischief and making everyone see that is Thor's better.
Rivalry: Thor.

Abilities 116 + Skills 29 (58 ranks) + Advantages 19 + Powers 119 + Defenses 17 = 300 / 300

Build Comments: I really believe that the casting of Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man was the single best casting in comic movie history and set the stage for the runaway success of the MCU. The Chris' all grew into their roles and Tom Holland has been the best Spidey yet. But in my mind, right behind RDJ is Tom Hiddleston as Loki. I have no idea if his series will work and I haven't been impressed with any of his other leading roles but his Loki in the Thor movies and The Avengers was fantastic. He really brought Loki up to A list villain in both the MCU and comic verse.

[Secret Origins: Many years ago, when Bor, ruler of Asgard, was battling frost giants, he followed a wounded giant to a powerful sorcerer that was waiting for him. The sorcerer caught him unaware, turning Bor into snow. Bor's son, Odin, found his father as he was blowing away; Bor begged Odin to find a sorcerer to free him, but Odin made no attempt to save his father. Bor cursed Odin saying that he would take in the son of a fallen king and raise it as his own.

Not a week later, Odin himself led the Asgardians into battle against the Frost Giants and gravely injured Laufey, who was the King of the Frost Giants, in personal combat. After leaving Laufey to die, Odin found a small Asgardian-sized child hidden within the primary stronghold of the Frost Giants. The child was Loki and Laufey had kept him hidden from his people due to his shame over his son's small size. Odin took the boy, out of a combination of pity, to appease his father, and because he was the son of a worthy adversary slain in honorable combat, and raised him as his son alongside his biological son Thor.

The Story so Far: Throughout their childhood and into adolescence, Loki was resentful of the differences in which he and Thor were treated by the citizens of Asgard. The Asgardians valued great strength, tenacity, and bravery in battle above all things, and Loki was clearly inferior to his foster brother Thor in those areas. What he lacked in size and strength, however, he made up for in power and skill, particularly as a sorcerer. As Loki grew to adulthood, his natural talent for causing mischief would make itself manifest and earned him a nickname as the "God of Lies and Mischief"; his mischievousness eventually became malice as his hunger for power and revenge grew stronger. Several times he tried to use tricks to get rid of Thor, like telling him to guard a hole in the wall he had made. In time, his reputation grew from being a playful and mischievous trickster to some calling him the "God of Evil".

Over the centuries, Loki attempted on many occasions to seize rulership of Asgard and to destroy Thor. He even helped the Storm giant Ghan to escape Thor, planning to get a debt from him later, and aided other enemies of Asgard, planning to take over. Loki compiled an extensive criminal record in Asgard, and Odin who had grown weary of Loki's mischief, frequently exiled him.

Loki's schemes eventually came to include Earth itself, and he often fought with Earth's superhuman heroes to take their planet, and often Asgard itself. He first battled Thor on Earth in modern times after escaping from the tree that Odin has magically trapped him in. Loki then manipulated the Hulk into wreaking havoc using an illusion of dynamite on train tracks, while in astral form in an attempt to lure Thor to Earth, which inadvertently led to the formation of the Avengers as several other heroes came to meet the Hulk.

Thor was one of the founding members of this superhuman team, and often led them in battle against his brother. Several times Loki, while not directly battling Thor himself, caused threats for Thor to battle, like increasing the mental powers of a carnival fortune teller Sandu, making him powerful enough to lift buildings with his mind and releasing a Lava man called Molto by accident when he caused a long-dead volcano to explode. Loki even released Mr. Hyde and Cobra by paying their bail, then doubled their powers. Loki told them to kidnap Jane Foster, which he knew would attract Thor's attention, but they were again defeated. Loki finally went after Jane Foster himself, sending her to another dimension. However Doctor Strange was able to protect her, and Thor forced Loki to return her.

Among Loki's better known henchmen was the human criminal Carl "The Crusher" Creel, whom Loki transformed into the superhuman criminal known as the Absorbing Man. Creel would prove to be a formidable adversary to Thor over the years. Loki went so far as to attempt to turn Odin against Thor and to steal Thor's enchanted hammer, Mjolnir in an attempt to free himself, but all his efforts failed. When he convinced Odin to go to Earth and leave him in charge of Asgard with part of the Odinforce, he released Skagg, the largest Storm Giant, and Surtur, the huge Fire Demon, to try to destroy Odin. However Thor and Balder helped defeat the monsters, and Loki was sent to serve the Trolls.

Loki was responsible for the Destroyer being awakened, by leading a Hunter to the Temple where the Destroyer armor resided using his mental abilities while Thor was nearby, causing the Hunter's soul to animate the armor, but Thor forced the Hunter to return to his body, then buried the armor under thousands of tons of rock. The Absorbing Man was brought back to Earth by Loki, and battled Thor, but Loki quickly took him to Asgard when Thor was on the verge of defeating him. The Absorbing Man defeated the Asgardians without too much trouble and absorbed Odin's attacks. However Loki and his ally were exiled into space due to a trick by Odin. He sent his astral form back to Earth and took over the Destroyer armor, attempting to take over Asgard, but Odin sent Balder to discover the location of Loki, then used his powers to send Loki out of the Destroyer armor.

Characterization: Loki is the trickster god and his lived up to that for centuries. He has been one of the greatest villains in Earth’s history and has shown no sign of desiring to end that. At his core, he simply suffers from an inferiority complex to his brother, Thor, and strives to prove to everyone that he is his equal, if not his better.

Friends and Foes: Loki’s greatest rival is Thor, but he has run afoul of dozens of heroes over the years and no one, hero or villain alike, ever really trusts him. Despite all their conflicts over the centuries, Thor continues to love his brother and hopes to truly reform him someday, but that day remains far away, if it ever comes.
Thorpocalypse

Lobo: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We've got another J-Mart Favorite Item hitting the fraggin' shelves, ya bastiches!

If ya can be sure o' killin' 'em, always let th' bad guys have first shot. It sure gets th' old adrenaline pumpin' -- also, it keeps me in good with th' comic code authorities! - Lobo

LOBO
PL13

OPL: 13; SPL: 10; DPL: 13; FWPL: 11; HP: 1
Height: 6-4
Weight: 305
Hair: Black
Skin: White
Race: Czarnian
Alignment: Neutral
Team Affiliations: First Celestial Church of the Triple Fish God

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 16, STAMINA 14, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 4, FIGHTING 10, INTELLECT 2, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Athletics 6 (+20), Expertise [Chemistry] 11 (+13), Expertise [Streetwise] 11 (+13), Insight (+4), Intimidation 16 (+16) [Daze, Startle], Perception 6 (+10), Ranged Combat [Guns] 2 (+11), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 8 (+10), Vehicles 6 (+10)

ADVANTAGES: All-Out Attack (2) (Hook Chain, Unarmed), Damaging Escape*, Daze (1) (Intimidation), Diehard, Equipment (15), Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Initiative (2), Power Attack (2) (Hook Chain, Unarmed), Ranged Attack (5), Second Chance (1) (Will Checks against Mental Effects), Startle, Takedown (1)

POWERS:
Barred from Heaven and Hell: Immortality 6 (1 day); Immunity 2 (Aging, Disease); 14 pts
I C’n Smell Ya From Here: Senses 19 (Scent [Acute, Extended 15, Ranged, Tracking]); 19 pts
The Main Man Goes Where He Wants: Leaping 7 (900 ft), Speed 5 (60 MPH/500 fpr); 12 pts
I Speak 17,897 Languages to be Exact: Comprehend 3 (Speak, Understand, Read All Languages); 6 pts
No One Tells This Bastich What to Do!: Immunity 5 (Mind Control); 5 pts
Last Czarnian (…And thank Feetal for THAT...): Feature 1 (Iron Stomach), Immunity 10 (Life Support), Protection 2, Regeneration 5 (1/every other round, Extra: Persistent, Regrowth); 24 pts
Hard as Hell: Impervious Toughness 11; 11 pts
Stronger'n You: Enhanced Strength 6 (100,000 Tons, Flaw: Limited to Lifting); 6 pts
Fraggin' Arsenal: 42 pt Traits, Easily Removable (-16 pts); 26 pts
The Main Man's Gear: 39 pt Array; 42 pts
Hook and Chain: Slashing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Binding, Disarming, Reach 5 [25 ft], Linked [Affliction], Tripping), Cumulative Affliction 13 (Resisted by Dodge/Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobile, Extra: Extra Condition, Linked [Damage], Reach 5 [25 ft], Flaw: Limited to two Degrees); 39 pts
Bolter Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 13; 1 pt
Fraggin' Grenades: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 9 (Extra: Burst Area x2 [60 ft radius]); 1 pt
[b[Fraggin' Knife:[/b] Piercing Strength-based Damage 0 (Extra: Dangerous); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
(75 pts)
Vehicle: (72 pts)
Spazz Fragg 666: Size - M, Strength - 8, Speed/Flight 12 (8000 mph/16 mpr; AE: Space Travel 3 [Any star system]), Def - 10, Tough - 12, Features - Navigation System, Remote Control (Lobo's Whistling), Fraggin’ Gun: Ranged Multiattack Ballistic Damage 12); 72 pts

OFFENSE:
Initiative +12
Close Attack +10 [Unarmed +16; Hook Chain +16; Fraggin' Knife +16, Critical 19-20]
Ranged Attack +9
Guns +11 [Bolter Gun +13, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Fraggin' Grenades +9, Burst Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +10 [DC20]
Toughness +16 (+6 Impervious), Fortitude +14, Will +8

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: The Main Man might have pissed off a few people in his day, and vice versa, but he really has it in for Deadpool.
Feetal’s Gizz!: Lobo’s got a temper.
Honor: The Main Man’s word is his bond.
My Fishies!: Lobo has a soft spot for his space dolphins and Al and Darlene, the folks who run his favorite intergalactic diner.
Reputation: The Main Man: Lobo’s reputation and a trail of dead bodies precede him.
Thrills: The Main Man LOVES a good brawl, with anyone, anywhere and especially if there's some dough riding on it.

Abilities 108 + Skills 36 (72 ranks) + Advantages 34 + Powers 123 + Defenses 10 = 310 / 310

Build Comments: The 'Bo for my setting. I was really surprised he was only PL13 in the DCA build, but he’s another character you can build at just about any PL and be right. Sometimes Superman can’t put him down, sometimes Batman can knock him out with one punch, sometimes he can lift a whole bar, sometimes he struggles to lift a car. Depends on the writers, I guess. but that's OK. Just means more Lobos at different PLs are coming down the pike. So bring it on ya bastiches! Let the fraggin' begin!

Secret Origins: Lobo is the last survivor of the tranquil, peace loving Czarnian race. Pacifism, however, was not in Lobo's nature. He bit off the midwife's fingers, frightened a delivery nurse to death and attacked staff with scalpels at his own birth. His name is Khundian for "he who devours your entrails and thoroughly enjoys it." The carnage was only just beginning, Lobo killed every person charged with overseeing him until he decided to kill every last Czarnian. With his genocide complete, he decided to become a bounty hunter.

The Story so Far: In his travels around the universe, Lobo has frequently found himself either on Earth or encountering its heroes. Lobo is rarely diplomatic and these encounters often become violent. Lobo's first trip to Earth, as well as many later encounters, saw him clash with Superman. As both of them are immensely powerful and unable to decisively beat the other, Superman usually has to find a way to appease Lobo before the damage (and the death toll) gets too severe.

He’s also had run-ins with the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Green Lantern Corps, the Red Lantern Corps, the Nova Corps, Gladiator, the Silver Surfer, Beta Ray Bill and most likely countless others.

Characterization: As a bounty hunter Lobo will take up any contract if the money's right. Whether it be his fourth grade teacher, Santa Claus, or God himself, Lobo will get the job done. He has been barred from Heaven and Hell, effectively making him immortal by default. His speech is peppered with profanity such as "frag" and "bastich."

He is not all that bad though, as he's always true to his word and a conservationist of Space Dolphins.

Friends and Foes: Lobo doesn’t really have any allies, just his space dolphins that he loves. He has run afoul of many beings across the universe, but most try to avoid him because…well, he’s Lobo.

Due to his inability to beat Superman, Lobo will often challenge him in an effort to finally prove he is better. He also has never been able to defeat Deadpool so he wants to pound that little bastich, too.
Thorpocalypse

Oddball: Earth-T1

Post by Thorpocalypse »

We're back after some technical issues (computer crashed WHILE I was starting my taxes, perfect timing...grrrr...) and we're coming back with one of our favorite lines! You've seen some of the best, now it's time for the rest! Check out this new item as we kick off our JOB SQUAD line!

*sniff* I could not love him anymore if he were free pizza. He's one of the most beautiful jobbers that has ever been.

ODDBALL
PL8

OPL: 8; SPL: -; DPL: 7; FWPL: 5; HP: 1
Height: 5-11
Weight: 195
Hair: Brown
Race: Human
Identity: Secret
Team Affiliations: Death-Throws

ABILITIES: STRENGTH 2, STAMINA 2, AGILITY 4, DEXTERITY 5, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 1, AWARENESS 1, PRESENCE 0

SKILLS: Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 3 (+5), Deception 5 (+5), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+5), Expertise [Juggling] 11 (+12), Insight (+1), Intimidation 2 (+2), Perception 2 (+3), Persuasion (+0) Ranged Combat [Throwing] 6 (+11), Sleight of Hand 2 (+7), Stealth 1 (+5), Technology 2 (+3)

ADVANTAGES: Benefit (1) (Ambidexterity), Defensive Roll (2), Improved Aim, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative (1), Precise Attack (1) (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw

POWERS:
Oddballs: 26 pts Traits, Easily Removable (-10 pts); 16 pts
Acid Balls: Ranged Acid Damage 5 (Extra: Ricochet 2, Secondary Effect [Acid Damage 5], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 16 pts
Exploding Balls: Ranged Burst Area Ballistic Damage 5 (Extra: Burst Area [30 ft radius], Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Spiked Balls: Ranged Multiattack Piercing Damage 5 (Extra: Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Hard Rubber Balls: Ranged Multiattack Bludgeoning Damage 5 (Extra: Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Knockout Gas Balls: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 5 (Gas; Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Fatigued, 2nd: Exhausted, 3rd: Asleep, Extra: Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Magnesium Flare Balls: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Visually Impaired, 2nd: Visually Disabled, 3rd: Visually Unaware, Extra: Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Siren Balls: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Fortitude; 1st: Auditory Impaired, 2nd: Auditory Disabled, 3rd: Auditory Unaware, Extra: Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Blue, I mean, GLUE Balls: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 5 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Strength/Damage; 1st: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless and Immobilized; Extra: Extra Condition, Ricochet 2, Flaw: Limited [to 2 Degrees], Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Smokescreen Balls: Ranged Concealment 2 (Visual; Extra: Attack, Ricochet 2, Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50]); 1 pt
Magnetic Balls: Move Object 5 (Flaw: Diminished Range [10/25/50], Limited to metallic objects, Limited to moving towards); 1 pt
Rolling Mar-Balls: Cone Area Affliction 8 (Resisted by Dodge; 1st: Hindered, 2nd: Prone, Extras: Cone Area [60 ft cone], Flaws: Limited to two degrees, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets); 1 pt

EQUIPMENT:
NONE

OFFENSE:
Initiative +8
Close Attack +6 [Unarmed +2]
Ranged Attack +5
Throwing +11 [Acid Balls +5; Magnesium Flare Balls Affliction +5; Siren Balls Affliction +5; Glue Balls Affliction +5; Magnetic Ball Move Object +5; Hard Rubber/Spiked Balls +5, Multiattack]
Special Attack [Exploding Balls +5, Burst Area; Knockout Gas Balls Affliction +5, Burst Area; Mar-Balls Affliction +8, Cone Area]

DEFENSES:
Dodge +10 [DC20] Parry +9 [DC19]
Toughness +4 (+2 without Defensive Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +4

COMPLICATIONS:
Enemy: Hawkeye, mostly, but he's also not a fan of Mockingbird or Black Widow., Motivation: Greed.
Rivalry: He seems to have developed a rivalry with some other "throwing villains" like Boomerang, Fastball and Captain Boomerang.

Abilities 42 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Advantages 8 + Powers 16 + Defenses 15 = 101 / 101

Build Comments: Now the Death-Throws are some jobbers you can get behind. They suck soooooooooooooooooooo bad, you just have to love them. A team of juggling supervillains. Is there a mime supervillain team that I missed out on?

They suck so bad, I can’t even bring myself to build them all. Well, at least for now. At the moment, I’m only doing Oddball and maybe Bombshell in a bit. Maaaaaaaaaaaybe Tenpin just in case he needs to bail his bro out. Ok, fine, I’ll build Knicknack and Ringleader are so sucky, how can I leave them out? They’ll all make it here eventually.

To start, though, here’s Oddball, who was pretty much the breakout star of the team, showing up in a number of books after their initial attempts to take down Hawkeye. I built him at PL8, but I love amping up jobbers every now and then and I was really, really toying with whipping up a Bullseye-like PL10 version just to f with people. I still might, but I’ll keep him at PL8 for now. Should make for a decent fight for Daredevil, Nightwing types. He’s good enough to have a shot at winning, but not good enough to where he won’t need some luck (or some GM love, which is highly probably when I run him) to pull it off.

Secret Origins: Elton Healey and his brother Alvin were born in Reno, Nevada. Being young, both Elton and Alvin stood out when juggling. They called the attention of a Charles Last, who wanted to recruit them for a new gang of costumed criminals: The Death-Throws. Under the leadership of Last, they would be at the same time costumed mercenaries and jugglers.

The Story so Far: They would take advantage of their juggling skills and use throwing weapons. Last became the Ringleader. Elton adopted the name of Oddball due to his loony nature, and his tenpin-throwing brother would be known as the Tenpin. The fourth member of the team was Knickknack.

Although the Death-Throws valued teamwork more than other villain groups, Oddball suddenly broke up with the Death-Throws for unknown reasons. He began working solo, or at least without his usual partners.

As a costumed mercenary, Oddball was hired by cyborg criminal Crossfire, who wanted to kidnap Hawkeye to use him in a test of his hypnotic ultrasounds. Crossfire also hired two other costumed mercenaries, the Silencer and Bombshell, for this job.

Oddball and Bombshell approached Hawkeye and his partner Mockingbird, and attacked them by surprise. Oddball harassed Hawkeye with his burning-ball juggling while Bombshell was taking care of Mockingbird. Although the heroes were more skilled, the villains managed to knock both of them down, and took them to Crossfire's headquarters at Cross Technologies.

Oddball was impressed by Bombshell's skill for the craft, and talked her into joining the Death-Throws. Hawkeye and Mockingbird escaped from Crossfire's trap, destroyed his ultrasound machine and captured Crossfire. Oddball and Bombshell would have been arrested too, but they were rescued by Tenpin, who was looking for his missing brother.

Crossfire contacted the Death-Throws from jail. He wanted the jugglers to release him, and agreed to pay them when he was freed. The Ringleader accepted the deal, and Oddball and the other Death-Throws worked together to free Crossfire. However, once they had taken Crossfire to their own HQ, they discovered that Crossfire was broke. His assets had been impounded and he had lost any useful link with Cross Technologies. The Death-Throws decided to use Crossfire as bait to attract Hawkeye and Captain America to a trap, but the two Avengers defeated all of the Death-Throws with relative ease. Oddball and his partners went to jail.

Some time later, Oddball improved his own gear and decided to test it in the bloody annual competition of Madripoor, the Bloodsport, which was at the time organized by Viper. In the first round, he was confronted in a one-on-one match with sword-wielding Headhunter. Oddball was confident of his new gear and wanted to use the Bloodsport as a means to obtain some prestige. However, the Headhunter stabbed him with a shriek, seemingly killing Oddball in front of a lot of witnesses.

But Oddball survived and after recovering has returned to his life of crime with renewed purpose.

Characterization: Healey is a bit looney, but a surprisingly effective foe with this throwing skill and knack for creating trick balls.

Friends and Foes: He remains close to his brother, Tenpin, and although he doesn’t work with them often anymore, he stays in contact with Bombshell, Ringleader and Knickknack.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: J-Mart Prime: Darkseid, Lex Luthor, The Joker, Loki, Lobo

Post by Ares »

Weird as it might sound, I actually kind of like the concept for Oddball. I've got not attachment to the character himself, but he's basically a guy who's to thrown weapons what Hawkeye is to archery. He's got a wide range of spheres that can do elemental attacks, snares, he's like some hybrid of Bullseye and Honey Lemon, which could honestly be dangerous, especially if he could do things like set the spheres to go off after a number of bounces, so he could bank them off of a wall into the back of someone's head and then have it explode. It'd be a good way to showcase his skill.

Plus using juggling as a distraction during combat could be visually interesting, at least if it's some comic book style parkour juggling, where he throws something in the air, flips over something in a way that uses both of his hands, catches the thrown object in mid air and then tosses it at someone. Or he keeps this constant bit of throwing things that bounce around Captain America/Daredevil style and is great about juggling (heh) multiple trajectories so that there's something bouncing into his hand when he flips to the right spot, or gets someone to be in the spot he wants so that something already bouncing to smack them in the back.

So yeah, as insane as it seems, an acrobatic, juggling themed superhero would actually be kind of cool if used right, at least to my mind.

Oddball himself could potentially be used as a good foil for Hawkeye, being a Journeyman villain that enjoys messing with Clint.

Of the Death-Throws, I always kind of wondered what the point was of having all of them outside of Oddball and Knickknack (which I love as a superhero/villain name). I mean, Oddball has the equivalent of Hawkeye's quiver in ball form, and Knickknack's whole schtick is that he can juggle anything he can get his hands on . . . which would include what everyone else in the group can juggle. It's kind of like having both Machete and Zaran the Weapon's Master on Batroc's Brigade. Zaran's very nature mean's he's as good with bladed weapons as Machete is, and then packs more weapons besides.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.