(IC) Neotropolis: Science (Un)Fair

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

(IC) Neotropolis: Science (Un)Fair

Post by Spectrum »

Last edited by Spectrum on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Re: (IC) Neotropolis: Sunday morning

Post by Spectrum »

"Well, I recently met this charming University Professor.

"Oooh, how naughty. You'll have to tell me eve-ry-thing at some point. Oooh, Mr Professor, what can I do to get an A. Naughty!

I was thinking of asking him to come along so I can get to know him better. But...if you would rather have me be unattached for the event so I can freely flirt with everyone

"As long as you're not tooo distracted. You see, I want you to compete.. we've already put in the money for tickets... and write about the experience. I was really hoping to find someone who could last so that the story would be richer.

After all, you are one of my favorite editors.

"Flattery would get you everywhere, love.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Dexter

Yeeeeah, awkward.

The day is already starting to flow, lots of people sleeping in after a fun Saturday.

There were a few awkward looks but nobody gets into the way, going about their own little lives.

Stepping between the two buildings, there is a slight dew upon the grass, a spring to the sweet greens.

Going up to Charles room there is a soft, whimpery boom..almost a wheezy cough really. Smoke starts to flow from beneath the door.

Charles is known for engineering and for creative language, the intent clear even if the words aren't quite words.

This morning, sounds like you're going to get both.
Last edited by Spectrum on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Shadowwalker
Marie was too shocked to respond to Anna for almost a minute after hearing the news. She, along with any other victims of the experiment, were all just attempts to replicate that blue guy's powers. Meaning he had potentially years more experience in their use, in fighting with them, in figuring out how to sneak into places unseen or bypass security with teleportation. Unless her innate combat skills were somehow a copy of what he had developed through training, or something he lacked, she would still be in trouble in a fight with him. "Anna, you've seen me fight. Does that guy have the same combat skills, are they something he developed through combat training? Or did the experiment somehow give me something he lacked, these innate combat skills to use my powers and superhuman ability to the best of my ability in a fight."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Lillian Sung

Lillian's eyes slide closed, her lips pursing to whistle a few bars of the old song. It was one that she had learned to play, illicitly, years ago. It sounded so beautiful upon a violin, even if it was most definitely not proper music for a violinist to profane her instrument with.

Sinking more and more relaxed, she plays the fluid across her tongue, trying to catalog just the chemistry involved with the rush of endorphins and relaxing elements. Why was this so effective? What could she learn from it. Ethnopsychopharmacology did have a place.. and had a delightful way of actually interfering with the ability to enjoy things. A painter sees the world upon canvas.. she sees the world through a lens of chemical interactions.

She comes back to herself with a blush, a tilt of her head at the young man that decided to share space with her. Perhaps he didn't mean for it to be rude, just.. convenient?
Shock

Post by Shock »

Anna Segur: Codename Blitz
HP: 1
Condition: Good

"He has both training and innate skill. You have only your instincts." Anna didn't want Marie to think she could win without effort. "But with training, you could be his equal."
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Shadowwalker
"So, can you give me this training or know someone who can? I want to be ready to face him, as I know it is coming sooner or later, sooner at this rate." Marie was fidgeting nervously, bending in ways a normal personal couldn't possibly, afraid of Anna's answer and what it might entail.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Anna shrugged. "I'm not a trainer. I can teach you basics but you don't want to fight like me. The rest, you'll have to learn from experience."
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Dexter Lancaster
HP: 4

Wincing a little at the sight of smoke coming from under the door, Dexter did the smart thing and just opened the door. Charles probably did not want the fire alarm going off right now. That'd just lead to the entire boy's wing of the hall being evacuated while the fire department was brought in to check things out. Which was far more of an annoyance than Dexter wanted to deal with.

So the young hero subtly tried to take advantage of 'super-lung-capacity' to deal with the smog as he invited himself into his friend's room to help the engineer out.

"Jiminy Christmas, Charley, what've you been working on now?" Dexter exclaimed as he dispersed the smoke as best he could while his red-headed friend slammed the window up and open, and started waving a few loose leaf papers around the ceiling to clear any smoke from the fire alarm.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Celestial hp: 2

Kate finished her call with a promise from Laurence that he would send her the details later to her email.

"I can't help you much either. I'm better at attacking from a distance."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

There's a soft, almost hesitant knock upon the front door to Kate's apartment.

Through the keyhole, there's a sweet looking older couple talking quietly among themselves.

"She's not awake yet, I told you we shouldn't come by so early."

"Of course she's awake, she's a mature adult woman. Like you haven't noticed that you old pervert."

Teasing, but the love in their voice is shining clear.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Charles coughs and wheezes, his eyes tearing under the nasty smoke.

"High capacity toaster oven. I wanted lots of *wheeze* lots of toast this morning. I was *coughcough* oh snigglefeggle testing toast production!"

And indeed, not just a few common appliances but some really errr.. creative ones as well litter the floor. More than a few of them having ugly black smoke coming from them.

All along the hallway people peek their heads out.

"Ewwwwwww!"
"Yuuuuuuuck!"
Shock

Post by Shock »

"That's why Chimaera has a cloning program. Every super is different so you have to train them all differently. If they could create dozens like Marie, their program becomes much more efficient."
Anna was about to expound further when there was a knock at the door. She immediately looked toward the window, thinking of escape. But this time, she wasn't going to panic. Nobody could know she was here, could they?
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Celestial hp: 2

Kate heard the knock and the quiet voices of her elderly neighbors. She signalled to Anna and Marie to be quiet and pointed towards her bedroom, hoping the two of them would take the hint and hide.

"Just a minute. I'm not decent." she called out, buying herself a little more time.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Shadowwalker
Taking the hint, Marie dashed into Kate's bedroom as fast as she could, nearly a blur of blue.