WAIFU WARZ - MISC. BUILDS - THE INCREADIBLE (NON)SHRINKING MAN

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - Shine Pucelle (PL8)

Post by squirrelly-sama »

"Now my heart's alive, and racing
Towards the future,
There's no doubt that
Could dare hold me back."

Shine Pucelle - PL 8
Sex: Female
Height: ~5'4" | Weight: ~102 | Hair: Blonde | Eyes: Green
Role: The Paragon, The Energy Controller, The Stubborn One, The Unfettered

Waifu Stats
Division - Light Weight
Series - Quickstarter
Focus - Blaster, Tank
Dere Typing - Tomboy, Aneki, Big Sis

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 4, Dexterity 0, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 6, Presence 0

Advantages
Fearless, Power Attack, Takedown 2, Ultimate Effort: Will Checks

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+8), Insight 2 (+8), Intimidation 4 (+4), Perception 2 (+8), Persuasion 4 (+4), Ranged Combat: Shine Ferme 8 (+8), Vehicles 6 (+6)

Powers
Energy Shield: Protection 6 (+6 Toughness)
Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Quick Change: Feature 1
Shine Bubble: Immunity 7 (Environmental Conditions (All), Suffocation (All); Activation 2: standard action)
Shine Ferme Array
. . Shine Fermes - Shine Solid: Create 8 (Volume: 250 cft., DC 18; Movable, Precise)
. . Shine Flechette - Shine Arrows: Damage 8 (DC 23; Improved Critical, Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Shine L' Armure - Shine Armor (Advantages: All-out Attack, Improved Initiative, Move-by Action)
. . . . Aegis: Impervious Toughness 10
. . . . Enhancing Light: Enhanced Strength 6 (+6 STR)
. . Shine L'eclat - Shine Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 18, Increased Range: ranged, Precise)
. . Shine Paume - Shine Hand: Move Object 8 (6 tons, DC 23; Damaging, Precise)
. . Sine L'Entraves - Shine Chains: Move Object 8 (6 tons, Advantages: Improved Hold; Increased Duration: continuous)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +4 (DC Spec 12)
Shine Flechette - Shine Arrows: Damage 8, +8 (DC 23)
Shine L'eclat - Shine Burst: Burst Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Shine Paume - Shine Hand: Move Object 8, +8 (DC 23)
Sine L'Entraves - Shine Chains: Move Object 8, +8 (DC 18)
Throw, +0 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 17)

Complications
Motivation: Responsibility: Those with strength have a duty to shield those without, it is Shine Pucelle's belief that it is her moral obligation to protect others so long as she has the ability to do so.
Power Loss - Shine Amulet: Shine Pucelle's powers are granted by her Shine Amulet, a mysterious artifact that can create constructs out of light. If it is separated from her she cannot use her powers. The Shine Amulet also requires regular maintenance, recharging it's energy.
Quirk - Determinator: Having an unwavering sense of conviction Shine Pucelle will not falter or hesitate to accomplish a goal she sets. She will go through any lengths, suffer any injury, and make any sacrifice to do what she feels is right and will not let others stop her.
Reputation - Stubborn: Unable to back down nor willing to hide her opinions when challenged Shine Pucelle has developed a reputation of being fairly standoffish. Nothing hill is too small to die on, she will defend her position and refuse to budge no matter what.
Weakness - Will Power: The powers of the Shine Amulet are determined by the Will and focus of the user. It requires a clear mind to form the images one wants to form and a wavering of the heart can cause instability in the form. Great emotional distress, distractions, mental attacks can weaken or disrupt her powers temporarily.

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Toughness 10, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 40 + Powers 50 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 120

Notes:
A Green Lantern inspired Teen Hero build.

Strangely enough this ended up getting warped into another Magical Girl styled build but that's mostly aesthetic since the best picture I could find was one from Precure, the most badass magical girl action anime I know of. If the Magical Girl part is not to your taste all you really need to do is change the names and it becomes a more straight GL build.

Probably the biggest hurdle to this build was the Green Lantern's status as a legacy hero, with there being a lot of very different GL's with very different personalities. While I'm most familiar with the John Stewart version, thanks to the JLU cartoons, some may be more partial to the likes of Guy or Hal, all of which have much different motivations, skills, and complications. I wanted to do a more general GL but didn't want to just cut out all personality. I took what I felt was core to making a GL, Good Wisdom related skills, determination, and a rather specific view on heroism through the lens of being a sort of appointed peace officer.

The powers were a little tricky to get right, I wanted to get a good balance between practicality, price, and aesthetic. Most of the array options are rather standard; Create, Move Object, and Blast are all staples but where most make the array Dynamic I decided to forgo that in favor of saving a few points and general practicality. Odds are that you aren't going to want to use two weak effects over just one good one and the times when you really need to are best done with Hero Points. I considered making a dynamic array that would work, with a very expensive Create to allow mix and matching various types of effects at once such as a Blast with various extras or a weaker move object basically linking various array options together but that was hellishly pricey and would have been rather clunky so I dropped it. In the end I just went with the standard array of static options.

Shine Pucelle is yet another mixed attacker, but thanks to descriptors the biggest point sink of double buying damage can be ignored and we can quickly slide her melee set into the the array with her ranged set. The only really notable thing in her powers are Shine Chain, a continuous Move Object power that basically just exists to cover a scenario where you need to keep holding something after switching to some other power. It basically just forms bands of energy to hold something in place. Shine Bubble was also a standard option that was cutdown a bit, I removed the full life support and just made it environmental protection and Suffocation immunity, the activation just being there to cut down the cost honestly and not really that much of a issue. Quick Change is a feature that I honestly dislike, being a sort of concept tax making you pay for something petty that should be inherent to the genre but in this case I use it for a bit more. It's more like an Alternate Form activation in this case, letting Shine Pucelle deactivate her personal defensive skills without needing to make them sustained or paying for continuous just to be able to have an on off switch.

Lastly I want to highlight a specific Complication, "Determinator". In this case it's not your typical heroic resolve or will power of other PCs, but rather a single-minded resolve to achieve a goal that is as inspiring as it is unsettling. A normal hero will probably willingly harm themselves to save someone else, but the Determinator in this case would go that extra step that turns it from a heroic sentiment to something more potentially sinister. In simplicity, any hero can die for someone else but the Determinator would be willing to kill to protect someone. They are someone willing to throw away their own morals and standards if it means achieving their goal, in this case saving others. They aren't eager or happy to do this, but if there is no other choice they won't hesitate to pull the trigger. I'm unsure if this really comes up with Green Lanterns but it's something I think about when I consider the idea of exceptionally determined individuals.
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - Saturn Girl (PL8)

"This may not be the land of my birth but it is my home all the same, and I will not let you or anyone else take that from me!"

Saturn Girl - PL 8
Height: ~5' | Weight: ~190 | Hair: White | Eyes: Magenta
Role: The Pure One, The Nice One, The Cinnamon Roll, The Mystic, The Funny Foreigner

Waifu Stats
Division - Light Weight
Series - Quickstarter
Focus - Mystic, Bruiser, Shapeshifter, Grab-bag
Dere Typing - Genki, Tomboy, Girl Next Door

Strength 6, Stamina 8, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 4, Presence 0

Advantages
Favored Foe: Aliens, Fearless, Improved Initiative, Teamwork, Trance

Skills
Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+10), Deception 6 (+6), Insight 4 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 6 (+6), Stealth 2 (+4)

Powers
Cosmic Entity: Immunity 3 (Environmental Condition: Vacuum, Suffocation (All))
Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)
Inhuman Origin
. . Assume Self: Morph 4 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Any form; Increased Duration: continuous)
. . Mental Link: Mental Area Communication Perception (Visual) 3 (Area, Perception (Visual): , Selective)
. . Mental Probe: Cumulative Mind Reading 8 (DC 18; Cumulative)
. . Molecular Alignment
. . . . Anatomical Shift: Immunity 2 (Critical Hits)
. . . . Cellular Bonding: Impervious Toughness 8
. . . . Intangibility: Movement 3 (Permeate 3: full speed)
. . . . Invisibility: Concealment 4 (Other Sense Type: Mental, Sense - Sight)
. . Psyonic Attack: Damage 8 (DC 23; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Will, Increased Range 2: perception)
. . Shape Shifting: Variable 3 (Action: move)

Offense
Initiative +6
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 16)
Mental Probe: Cumulative Mind Reading 8 (DC Will 18)
Psyonic Attack: Damage 8 (DC Will 23)
Throw, +0 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Complications
Addiction - Earth Culture: Thanks to how literally alien her culture is from humans Saturn Girl finds herself completely facinated with all things Earthling and is often suckered into wasting money on stupid things. She is likewise obsessed with experiencing everything she can of Earthling cuisine despite the risks, she is particularly enamored with sweets.
Monstrous: Despite her human appearance Saturn Girl is in fact an alien merely assuming a more human shape. Her real appearance is much more horrifying.
Motivation: Acceptance: As an outsider Saturn Girl wants to prove her worth to her new home by being a hero. As she is the only one of her kind on Earth and maybe the last in the universe she is deeply lonely and longs for companionship.
Quirk - Stranger in A Strange Land: The cultural differences between earth and her home planet are large and Saturn Girl often is taken by surprise by the unique customs of earthlings and lacks a certain amount of common sense.
Weakness: Despite altering her physiology to survive on earth Saturn Girl still can't completely overcome the limitations of alien anatomy. She is very weak to fire and extreme heat, suffers random and sometimes extreme symptoms to Earth Diseases, and some earth foods are toxic to her.

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 44 + Powers 40 + Advantages 5 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 120

Notes:
A Martian Manhunter inspired Teen Hero.

A fairly quick build simply because I already had a character based on Miss Martian in my library. A bit of adjusting for points and it was easy to make a mostly complete sheet. The only issue was trying to figure out which of MM's many many weird and one off powers should be in the array. His set is more confusing than Superman in why they all get packaged together, at least most of Superman's more absurd abilities were Silver Age weirdness and dropped pretty quickly.

As it is she's mostly just a normal bruiser with an array of utility abilities, a sort of Mystic who subjobbed into Powerhouse. Most of her powers are an InfoSec nightmare being espionage based oddly enough. She can turn invisible, read minds, shapeshift, and go through walls, but has the ability to give and take a punch if needed so I suppose she could function very well as a scout to compliment the Crimefighter style characters.
Jabroniville

Re: WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - SHINE PUCELLE BLASTS AWAY THE NIGHT

Post by Jabroniville »

I'm digging the Batman-esque PL 8 fighter- that's some neat ways to workaround the flaws with characters like that. What's the "Triggered- Manual" about in the one Affliction? And wouldn't "Instant Recovery" make it impossible to capitalize on the opponent's defenselessness? Or are you hoping that a teammate takes them out next, making them the ideal set-up guy?
squirrelly-sama

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:47 am I'm digging the Batman-esque PL 8 fighter- that's some neat ways to workaround the flaws with characters like that. What's the "Triggered- Manual" about in the one Affliction? And wouldn't "Instant Recovery" make it impossible to capitalize on the opponent's defenselessness? Or are you hoping that a teammate takes them out next, making them the ideal set-up guy?
The trigger is not a traditional Trigger, it doesn't react to anything. Instead it acts as a means to delay the effect until the user manually decides to set it off. Since they already used the Standard Action during the set up they can use another Standard Action to attack. It takes a bit of set up but it gives a great benefit. It could also be used in the way that you said in a team situation.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

ah, the Green Lantern & Martian Manhunter archetypes- funny how those just eat up the points super-quickly, making them "shorter" builds in general than others. The GL power-set in particular is a classic, and can be extremely convoluted (DC-accurate ones to me need that Dynamic Array, but you're correct- it's a lot of dumb math).
squirrelly-sama

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:16 am ah, the Green Lantern & Martian Manhunter archetypes- funny how those just eat up the points super-quickly, making them "shorter" builds in general than others. The GL power-set in particular is a classic, and can be extremely convoluted (DC-accurate ones to me need that Dynamic Array, but you're correct- it's a lot of dumb math).
There's pluses and minuses to going with a PP/PL limit. I feel it gives a good excuse to refine a build down to it's essence and gives a nice obstacle to work around for creative with how you build powers. But sometimes... sometimes it is just so frustrating because there's a lot that needs to put on something just to make it work right and there's extremely frustrating point sinks. I like to think I've gotten really good at working around those sorts of sinks without making it look like I'm the biggest middle finger I possibly can to the system mechanics I dislike but I seriously wish there was a bit more thought put into pricing and needless taxes on simple redundancy.

Dynamic Arrays are something I absolutely loved when I started, they seemed amazing and a great way to fit in a lot of crap you need to into a point saving array while still having access to most of them at once. But as time has gone on I've shied away from them a bit. Complicated Point Tracking is an issue at times, but honestly that's more an issue with how the Array options were built. See, if you plan out the array before hand you can basically make it really easy to shift around options in discrete amounts due to point benchmarks lining up perfectly. This tends to require forgoing Flat modifiers, or at least making sure you have the same Flat Modifier cost in all the options. This is one of the things I liked about PL8, it gave very easy access to some easy to reach and divide point totals. The number 24 is divisible by 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, and 12, all of which are ranks that a PL can reach on their usual spectrum or are common P/R costs for effects. Even in normal Arrays this is a godsend for quickly calculating just how much you can add to a power.

The issue with dealing with Dynamic arrays is just how the game is structured. It's not useful for standard action effects since you only have one per turn so being able to shift them is kind of useless. I suppose you can link them but then you need to bump up the cost of the Array to compensate for using two options fully at once. I also think there's a thing in an extra source book about Wide Arrays to do that without the DynAE cost. You could put it on Standard Action non-instant effects like Move Object or Create but that has it's own issues. If you're using them at partial ranks then you run into the issue of having a much weaker hold or much more brittle shield. PL limits ensure everyone is hitting about the same level and having an attack that's operating at much lower effect ranges than it needs to is basically an action wasted on accomplishing nothing, it doesn't mater if you can do two things at once if both those things fail. There's niche situations you can find yourself in that it could be useful, sure, but those are the situations where Hero Points shine. Lastly you can put them on personal effects, which is the best use imho but it runs into some issues of not having a defense when you need it or how most Personal Effects come in really weird non-divisible packages. It shouldn't have to be said why you don't want to put things like Defense or Toughness into a Dynamic array. Admittedly I've done this before but I was a young and impulsive.

TL;DR - Dynamic Arrays are interesting to build with but ultimately don't really accomplish much in game simply due to how the system works and what is incentivized and penalized by that. But that's only an issue if you use PL and PP limits.
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - Flicker (PL8)

"I'm not as fast as a bullet, bullets are as fast as me!"

Flicker - PL 8
Height: ~5'1" | Weight: ~94 | Hair: Black | Eyes: Blue
Role: The Fun One, The Class Clown, The Immature One, The Heart

Waifu Stats
Division - Light Weight
Series - Quickstarter
Focus - Defense, Utility
Dere Typing - Genki, Tomboy, Party Girl

Strength 0, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 0, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 0, Presence 4

Advantages
All-out Attack, Evasion 2, Improved Charge, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 3, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

Skills
Acrobatics 4 (+6), Athletics 4 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 8 (+10), Deception 2 (+6), Insight 2 (+2), Perception 4 (+4), Persuasion 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 10 (+10), Stealth 2 (+4)

Powers
Charging Tackle: Feature 1 (Notes: Reduce Defense for improved effect rank.)
Crash Resistance: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)
Fastest Thing Alive: Speed 8 (Speed: 500 miles/hour, 1 mile/round)

Quick Action
. . Area Takedown: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 16, Selective)
. . Gattling Throw: Strength-based Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . In The Blink Of An Eye
. . . . Concealment: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Only while moving full speed)
. . . . Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Traits: Improved Initiative 3 +2 (+5))
. . . . Quickness: Quickness 10 (Perform routine tasks in -10 time ranks)
. . . . Speed: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round; Stacks with: Fastest Thing Alive: Speed 8)
. . Kansas City Shuffle: Burst Area Teleport 2 (120 feet in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Affects Others, Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 12, Change Direction, Easy, Extended: 4 miles in 2 move actions, Precise, Selective, Notes: Rearrange everything in or moves things inside an area.)
. . Stealth by Speed
. . . . Faster Than The Eye: Concealment 6 (All Aural Senses, All Visual Senses; Precise)
. . . . Pass Without Trace: Movement 2 (Trackless: Tactile 1, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank; Subtle: subtle)
. . Untouchable (Advantages: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack)
. . . . After Image: Concealment 4 (All Visual Senses; Limited: Decoy Images)
. . . . Distraction: Feature 1 (Notes: Facinate using Speed Ranks)
. . . . Escape the Blast Zone: Immunity 2 (Uncommon Descriptor: Triggered Effects; Quirk: Must Be Able To Move Outside of AoE)
. . . . Near Miss: Healing 6 (Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - On Being Struck; Limited: Self Only, Limited: Damage from Trigger)
. . . . Quick Escape: Speed 1 (Speed: 4 miles/hour, 60 feet/round; Reaction: reaction, Selective)
. . . . Quick Reflexes: Senses 1 (Danger Sense: Vision)
. . . . Swift Escape: Feature 1 (Notes: Succeeding a Dodge Save for Half Damage by 2 or more degrees will result in no damage taken.)
. . Vibration Strike
. . . . Damage: Strength-based Damage 6 (Linked; DC 21)
. . . . Weaken: Weaken 6 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Affects Objects)
. . Whirlwinds: Cone Area Move Object 8 (6 tons; Cone Area 2: 120 feet cone, DC 18, Precise, Split: 2 targets; Concentration, Reduced Range: close)

Speed Tricks: Movement 2 (Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank, Water Walking 1: you sink if you are prone; Limited: Only While Running Full Speed)

Offense
Initiative +14
Area Takedown: Strength-based Burst Area Damage 6 (DC 21)
Damage: Strength-based Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Gattling Throw: Strength-based Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 10)
Throw, +10 (DC 15)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 15)
Charge Attack, +10 (DC 15)
Weaken: Weaken 6, +10 (DC Fort 16)
Whirlwinds: Cone Area Move Object 8 (DC 18)

Complications
Motivation: Greed: Despite her better nature Flicker is nowhere near immune to vices, though most are rather childish. She has been known to sell her image rights not just to companies but to individuals for various things. Money, food, toys, cute clothes, etc. She dreams of owning a race car despite not knowing how to drive and being much faster than it.
Quirk - Not So Quick Witted: Despite her lightning fast reflexes Flicker occasionally has issues with coming up with snappy one-liners when under a time limit giving her opponents a free Taunt.
Relationship - Friendly Foes: Many Rogues that Flicker faces are not inherently evil or malicious, many are in fact people with their own problems and situations. Flicker often has an amiable relationship with her more unfortunate enemies and tries to get them the help they need to avoid continuing a life of crime.
Reputation - Clown: Many people, Heroes, villains, and even civilians, do not take Flicker seriously. She's seen as a goof-off and unintelligent. She often has trouble being serious even in dangerous situations.
Weakness - High Metabolism: Such high speed come at the cost of an equally high caloric requirement. Flicker often eat many times the amount a normal person does and may even quickly become fatigued due to a lack sustenance.

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 20 + Powers 40 + Advantages 10 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 30 = 120

Notes
A Flash inspired Teen Hero build.

Flash is another legacy hero, being a mantel passed down various incarnations so there are quite a few versions of the Flash out there. While this would normally cause a problem like with GL of having to consolidate the various different personalities I decided to instead just stick to one specific Flash. Namely JLU's Wally West Flash, aka the best Flash.

Speedsters are always a bit of an oddball to build, running across a few of the usual problems but more so some interesting ones somewhat unique to it's schtick. You of course have the issue of defense shifting being just a terrible thing to have to do, but you also have the issue of how it requires a lot of options related to movement, accuracy, and defense which aren't really things that MnM deals with when it comes to powers. You got your standard Advantages but beyond that options are a bit lacking. Deflect is incredibly simple and is really the only power related to defense over toughness. PL means you can't get more accurate or powerful, both of which are things that should logically follow a speedster pulling a special maneuver. And generally Speedsters only have one form of locomotion, and since you can move and act in one turn you can't really place things like Movement effects into an array if you want to be able to act while doing it but likewise most of them are so situational you don't want to have them just sitting around outside of it.

How this build functions is a bit complicated in some parts. As is normal with Speedsters Flicker has a huge Array of interesting tricks she can pull from regularly, and because of this I put some rather large powers into it. She has some standard attacks but in that array she has 3 basic "Modes" she can switch between by forgoing having a traditional attack option that turn. Blink of an Eye is basically just enhanced super speed, not quite at Flash levels but going to that level is rather ludicrous for a PL8 newbie, but it's enough to do a lot of normal speed utility stuff that doesn't require a specific effect. Stealth by Speed is simply being to fast to see and is used for the general espionage/scouting duties that Speedsters find themselves in and Wally partook in on occasion. Untouchable is pure Defense and a giant middle finger to the DM, you become a slippery little weasel who stacks everything you can to avoid any chance of getting touched that turn.

The last real notable feature of this character is how she attacks when using array options that are not standard damage. You see her stats and notice she has no Strength score to speak of. Well that's where a lovely little game mechanic called Charge Attacks come in. See, Charge attacks allow you to treat your speed ranks like damage ranks. Admittedly this is at a -2 attack check penalty but I put in a custom advantage to negate that, you could consider it the same cost wise as just putting ranks of speed into an array with damage to even it out. Anyway, thanks to Charge Attacks Flicker is able to just tackle anyone for 6 damage while simultaneously moving to their location without using a move action. Personally I like to image this as her just spin kicking the shit out of people.
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - Lechuza (PL8)

"Two on one? Seems a bit unfair, how about you invite a few more of your friends to even the odds."

Lechuza - PL 8
Height: ~5'8" | Weight: ~114 | Hair: Silver | Eyes: Purple
Role: The Blood Knight, The Soldier, The Brute

Waifu Stats
Division - Light Weight
Series - Quickstarter
Focus - Bruiser, Magic Counter
Dere Typing - Tomboy, Anego

Strength 6, Stamina 8, Agility 4, Dexterity 2, Fighting 8, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 0

Advantages
All-out Attack, Improved Smash, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Weapon Break

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 2 (+10), Deception 6 (+6), Expertise: Tactics 6 (+6), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 6 (+8), Stealth 2 (+6)

Powers
Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round; Wings)
Morning Star (Easily Removable)
. . Exotic Material
. . . . Energy Disruption: Deflect 8 (Reflect)
. . . . Magic Breaker: Nullify 8 (Counters: Magic, DC 18; Broad)
. . . . Magic Penetration: Weaken 8 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Affects Objects, Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Supernatural Protection)
. . . . Shocking Blow: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Paralyzed, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Increased Range: ranged)
. . Mace: Strength-based Damage 2 (DC 23; Improved Critical, Linked: Exotic Material, Notes: Linked to Exotic Material Array)
. . Meteor Hammer (Increased Range: ranged)
Quick Recovery: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Offense
Initiative +4
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 16)
Mace: Strength-based Damage 2, +8 (DC 23)
Magic Breaker: Nullify 8, +8 (DC Will 18)
Magic Penetration: Weaken 8, +8 (DC Will 18)
Shocking Blow: Affliction 8, +8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +8 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 21)

Complications
Motivation: Thrills: A warrior at heart Lechuza is always seeking a challenge and a good fight.
Quirk - Skeptic: Lechuza does not believe in magic, spiritualism, or other such things. She believes that such mysteries are things that can be explained logically and understood scientifically.
Responsibility: Despite her wild nature Lechuza is still a responsible individual, and will follow the authority of those above her even if it would conflict with her usual morals or personal motivations. "A Good Soldier Follows Orders"
Wings: Lechuza's wings are a part of her body and cannot be removed or hidden making it impossible to maintain a secret identity. She also must regularly groom them as if they are fouled it can prevent her from flying. They are also very sensitive and attacks to them cause more damage.

Defense
Dodge 8, Parry 8, Fortitude 8, Toughness 8, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 60 + Powers 25 + Advantages 5 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 120

Notes:
A Hawkgirl inspired Teen Hero build.

Hawkman is one of the more forgettable popular DC heroes. Like Apache Chief people would probably recognize the name if told but few would ever actually list him if asked to name DC heroes outside of the main group. He's basically a flying brick on a lineup that already includes Superman and doesn't really have any instantly recognizable schtick other than that to set him apart like the dozen other heroes who also fit the bill. Aquaman is the water guy, Captain Marvel turns into a kid and is magic, Martian Manhunter is green and psychic, Red Tornado is a robot, Wonder woman has a vagina, but poor Hawkman is just bird guy. He's Aquaman but with birds but is somehow more forgettable than the guy who's power is fish and swimming. I think it was the lack of memes. What's really funny to me is that not only wasn't he included in the JLU cartoons but instead that honor was given to his discount female version, better yet said female version ended up being one of the most popular characters on the show making some people think of Hawkman as her genderbent ripoff instead of the opposite.

Anyway, Lechuza (the spanish word for Owl btw), is a Warrior type build. Balanced damage/attack, Defense/toughness, etc with no glaring weaknesses and the ability to shift her focus as needed. It's a rather simple and cheap core build, incredibly so in fact which is why it's so often seen as it gives you a great base to just throw whatever the fuck you want onto a build and still be effective. In this case Lechuza is an Anti-mage, or rather she specializes in busting apart magic-esque defenses to smash them a bit harder. Nth Metal in the DC AU was said to counter magic, letting Hawkgirl take on Dr Fate and prevent Solomon Grundy from resurrecting so I felt it important to add to the build. Basically if you don't use something like a magic shield she will hit you respectably hard, but if you happen to be using some sort of magical protection she will royally fuck up your day.
squirrelly-sama

WAIFU WARZ - RE:ARCHETYPE - The Crime Fighter v2 (PL10)

"Weak? I guess that's one way of looking at it. But think of it this way, I made a career out of fighting monsters who could squash me like a bug, and take a guess who's still alive and kicking?"

The Crime Fighter v2 - PL 10
Height: 5'8" | Weight: 120 | Hair: Red | Eyes: Blue
Role: Badass Normal, Skill Monkey, Polymath, The Face

Waifu Stats
Division - Lower Welter Weight
Series - None (Archetype)
Focus - Mixed Range, Support, Harasser, Utility
Waifu Typing - Badass, Girl Next Door, Tomboy

Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 6, Dexterity 0, Fighting 10, Intellect 2, Awareness 4, Presence 2

Advantages
Equipment 3, Fearless, Hide in Plain Sight, Leadership, Skill Mastery: Investigation, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge, Well-informed

Skills
Acrobatics 2 (+8), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Crime 3 (+5), Insight 4 (+8), Intimidation 3 (+5), Investigation 6 (+8), Perception 4 (+8), Ranged Combat: Throw 8 (+8), Stealth 2 (+8), Vehicles 5 (+5)

Powers
Select up to 50pp worth of the following options.
Power Options (Array Options) (10pp +1 per Alternate Effect)
. . A Way With Words: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Entranced, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Increased Range 2: perception, Insidious; Check Required: DC 10 - Presence Based Skill, Distracting, Sense-dependent: Hearing)
. . Field Medic: Healing 5 (Restorative; Limited: Others Only)
. . Fighting Dirty: Affliction 10 (Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Variable Condition (All); Fades, Limited Degree)
. . Fully Equipped: Variable 1 (equipment; Action: move, Affects Others, Increased Duration: continuous)
. . Interrogation: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10 (DC 20; Cumulative, Effortless; Limited by Language, Reduced Range 2: close)
. . Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Improved Critical, Precise, Subtle: subtle, Variable Descriptor: close group - Martial Weapons)
. . Ninja Art - Genjutsu: Illusion 5 (Affects: Three Sense Types - Sight and Hearing, Area: 30 cft., DC 15; Limited: Breaks on Target taking damage)
. . Ninja Art - Henge: Morph 2 (+20 Deception checks to disguise; Narrow group)
. . Properly Prepared: Nullify 10 (Counters: Powers Previously Aware Of, DC 20; Broad; Unreliable (5 uses))
. . Quick Quips: Affliction 10 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Increased Range 2: perception; Limited Degree, Sense-dependent: Hearing)
. . Recon Drones: Remote Sensing 5 (Affects: 2 Types, inc. Visual - Audio, Range: 900 feet; Concentration)
. . Sneak Attack: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless, DC 18; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Increased Range 2: perception, Subtle: subtle, Triggered: 1 use - On Next Attack; Instant Recovery, Limited Degree)
. . Sucker Punch: Weaken 10 (Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Alternate Resistance (no cost): Dodge)
. . Tactical Advantage: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Increased Range 2: perception, Insidious, Subtle: subtle; Limited Degree, Uncontrolled)
. . Tactical Support: Luck Control 1 (Spend on Other, Advantages: Luck 5; Variable Descriptor 2: broad group - Tools, Equipment, Environment)
Power Options (Major) (10pp Each)
. . Detective Work: Senses 10 (Analytical: Sight, Danger Sense: Sight, Microscopic Vision 1: dust-size, Postcognition (Limited): Investigations, Precognition, Tracking: Sight 1: -1 speed rank)
. . Polymath: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Technology +4 (+6), Treatment +4 (+6), Sleight of Hand +4 (+4), Advantages: Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Second Chance: Beginners Luck, Well-informed)
. . Rogue (Advantages: Favored Environment: Darkness, Skill Mastery)
. . . . Concealment: Concealment 3 (Sense - Hearing, Sense - Sight; Passive)
. . . . Movement: Movement 2 (Trackless: Tactile 1, Wall-crawling 1: -1 speed rank)
. . . . Senses: Senses 1 (Low-light Vision)
. . Scrappy: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Dodge +2 (+12), Parry +2 (+12), Toughness +2 (+8), Advantages: Diehard, Evasion 2, Extraordinary Effort)
. . Tinker: Enhanced Trait 10 (Traits: Intellect +2 (+4), Technology +8 (+10), Advantages: Improvised Tools, Inventor)
Power Options (Minor) (5pp Each)
. . Charming: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Persuasion +3 (+5), Deception +1 (+6), Advantages: Attractive 2, Fascinate (Persuasion))
. . Defensive Fighter: Enhanced Trait 5 (Advantages: Defensive Attack, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Weapon Bind)
. . Endurance: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Fortitude +4 (+10), Advantages: Great Endurance)
. . Fleet Foot (Advantages: Move-by Action)
. . . . Acrobatics: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
. . . . Athletics: Speed 2 (Speed: 8 miles/hour, 120 feet/round)
. . Gumshoe: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Investigation +4 (+12), Advantages: Connected, Contacts, Second Chance: Gather Evidence)
. . Scary: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Intimidation +5 (+10), Persuasion -1 (+1), Advantages: Fascinate (Intimidation), Startle, Ultimate Effort: Intimidation)
. . Tricky: Enhanced Trait 5 (Traits: Deception +5 (+10), Intimidation -1 (+4), Advantages: Fascinate (Deception), Set-up, Taunt)
Costume: Protection 4 (+4 Toughness)

Equipment
Armored Costume [Costume: Protection 4, +4 Toughness], Grappling Hook (1ep), Motorcycle

Offense
Initiative +6
A Way With Words: Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Fighting Dirty: Affliction 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Grab, +10 (DC Spec 12)
Interrogation: Cumulative Effortless Mind Reading 10, +10 (DC Will 20)
Martial Arts: Strength-based Damage 4, +14 (DC 21)
Properly Prepared: Nullify 10, +8 (DC Will 20)
Quick Quips: Affliction 10 (DC Will 20)
Sneak Attack: Affliction 8 (DC Dog/Fort/Will 18)
Sucker Punch: Weaken 10, +10 (DC Dog 20)
Tactical Advantage: Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Throw, +16 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +10 (DC 17)

Complications
Motivation: Justice: The Crime Fighter is dedicated to a cause they see as bigger than themselves, something they must do. Be it a need to take down the scum of the streets, a feeling of responsibility to protect others, or a high moral compass compelling them to do good because if not them then how?
Prejudice - Only Human: More often then not the Crime Fighter is simple human with no powers nor special abilities and just using skill and determination to try and stand beside and against giants. Villains look down on them, allies may not consider them useful or in too much risk, or the Crime Fighter themselves may just feel compelled to prove they have what it takes.
Prejudice - Paranoia: The Crime Fighter does not trust others, especially those with powers or abilities beyond normal humans. They will always have a plan in place to take down their allies and is deeply suspicions of their actions and intents.
Secret Identity: The Crime Fighter is the hero most likely to have a secret identity and more guarded with it. Even teammates are unlikely to be told who they are if not absolutely necessary.

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 6, Toughness 6, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 56 + Powers 0 + Advantages 10 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 100

Notes:
A redesign of my previous Crimefighter remake.

The Crime Fighter archetype, a new and improved take on the pre-made character provided by the free source book.
Examples in fiction: Batman and the Bat-family from DC comics, Spiderman from Marvel, Aizawa Shota (Eraser Head) from My Hero Academia, Zombie Man from One Punch Man

The Crime Fighter is a nebulous hero concept and can fit just about any hero if taken literally. However the more common interpretation is of a weak but skilled hero who often has many useful skills to assist in their hero work that more combat focused heroes would lack. They tend to have very weak non-combative powers, or more often none at all, and fight through a mix of guile, skill, and perseverance. They are underdogs, a hero lacking the advantage of powerful abilities or tools to use and make up for this through hard work and clever use of what little they do have. Crime Fighters are characterized by an accuracy and defense focus as well as their various utility options, often times because of their lack of stopping power they function best as support in a team. They know their limits, and how comparatively weak they are, but have unshakable confidence in their hard earned abilities which may lead to them biting off more than they can chew when encountering an unknown. Because of the scope that the archetype covers their skills, powers, and other traits can vary wildly, from powerless gun toting vigilantes to an stage magician using trickery to fake magic to a shadow based teleporter to a normal man who simply won't stay down.

For the purposes of this build the Crime Fighter is assumed to be unpowered, with no powers or abilities that wouldn't come from normal training or natural talent. They are a character that works best in a team, being able to contribute through team attacks and general non-combat utility that most other builds are entirely lacking in. They have a wide array of talents and abilities available to them to personalize them, though they do not cover anywhere the full breadth of possible ways to create a Crime Fighter.

Customization
Even more than the Construct the Crime Fighter has a large number of options to choose from and a greater available pool of points to buy them with. The default build only reaches PL 8 on defense and lacks any offensive ability of worth so the first priority should be towards compensating for this weakness but it isn't required. A more support type variant could function viably without increasing defenses and focusing on assisting allies and avoiding combat entirely. Likewise low PL caps could be compensated for with the use of afflictions and weakens which are in abundance among the optional modules. However for beginners it would be best to reach the defensive caps before attempting more customization. The Scrappy option in the Major Power Options module grants a fairly balanced boost to Defense and Toughness to prevent issues with overshifting. Similarly the Martial Arts power gives PL capped damage, taking both will bring the build up to 120pp with 30pp to spend on other options.

The recommended layout to pick is 6 Array Options, 3 Minor Powers, and 2 Major Powers for a total of 50pp. For the more advanced players wishing to experiment the modules can be skipped in favor of purchasing other powers. In the case of empowering the Crime Fighter lower cost and utility abilities work best. Weak or non-damaging attacks, area control, and mobility enhancing powers fit the concept the best and synergize well with the build. 20pp is the recommended budget for custom super powers.

A PL 8 version of the build can be made by simply only taking 20pp worth of modules though Scrappy and Martial Arts will break PL in those cases.

How to Play
The Crime Fighter is a utility focused build who finds it's best play outside of direct fights but is capable enough to hold their own if it comes to that. They are team players, assisting in team checks, handling all the problems that can't be solved by just punching it in the face, and either harassing opponents or backing up their teammates. When it comes to a fight they should try and ensure they set up things to give them the biggest advantage, however they are knowledgeable enough to remember their goals and prioritize them - making winning a direct confrontation more a bonus than a mission requirement. If a fight is required than it is best to stall, trying to create an opening for a substantial blow, for back up to arrive, or just for their trickery to bear fruit and finally wear down their opponent.

Outside of a fight the Crime Fighter also sees a lot of play, investigating crimes, dealing with traps, gathering information, or talking to important players in the setting. Depending on the modules chosen they may have more or less options to choose from but there are few times where a Crime Fighter would have nothing to do in a scene.

Build Notes:
One of, if not, the worst vanilla Archetypes. While the Construct may have been as boring as white bread and as beginner friendly as a FromSoft game it was at least viable. The Crime Fighter was so poorly designed that I would say it's debatable if it would be better to just have the newbie that's supposed to use it just build their own version from scratch. The points are spread so thinly that I'm surprised the page didn't rip in half and as a result the character is effectively crippled. Not helping was poor investment choices only mismanaging the limited point pool even further. High investment in pointless or useless abilities, a number of skills being given way too many ranks for what is reasonable to use them effectively especially with a lack of advantage support. The equipment was, well equipment, but also had such laughably low DCs that they're more likely to stop the villain by asking nicely than by using anything in their tool belt, it's so ineffective that low level goons can regularly pass the check to resist it. The options to modify the character were rather shallow choices to pick from, one just tells you to build a device while tricking the newbie into getting rid of their costume and thus dropping their defenses bellow caps in addition to the optional advantages they desperately need. Another just tells them to swap out for a melee weapon on their utility belt. The last tells them to drop their optional advantages for a Vehicle, once again tricking a new player into essentially crippling themselves further for something they probably don't fully understand how to use. Rebuilding the archetype has made me almost start to become suspicious that it must have been maliciously designed to function so poorly at it's one job.

I can see what they were going for with the original build. They wanted to make Batman, and only Batman, and forgot that because of it's limitations the system hates people trying to build Batman and ran afoul of so many of it's worst mechanics. Overpricing due to defense shifting, overpricing accuracy due to wanting to be able to use different attack types, over pricing accuracy again because you want to also have ranged options just in case, over pricing because Presence and Dex are terrible abilities but you need them to fit the theme. It's little wonder that nothing could be accomplished with how the build was concept taxed into destitution, add on top of that the inefficient spending...

Rebuilding this amounted, once again, to tearing the whole build apart and trying to reworking not just from the bottom but all the way down to the concept. The original version had such a narrow focus, it was always meant to be Batman and no one else. Similar to how the Battle Suit was held back and harmed by it's attempt to make the archetype too much like Rich, Playboy, Genius Tony Stark the Crime Fighter could not possibly be made into a character other than a poor man's Batman. So, in order to fix that I had to figure out what exactly defines the Crime Fighter Archetype, what makes them different from other heroes who also happen to stop criminals. This was... actually rather difficult as Crime Fighter isn't really a narrow category for heroes. What is a crime fighter? Is it just a hero without powers? If so what about gadgeteers or battle suit pilots, would they fit? Wouldn't that exclude heroes like Canary who just have a single gimmick for a power but are otherwise badass normal?

After that came the actual building, I gave the character some decent Ability scores to work with as well as a number of skills only leaving out the more niche options to be used in Modules. I'd initially planned to include them by default but decided to cut them out to give more room for options and saving 10pp by turning the cut portion into the Polymath module. One of the biggest hurdles of making the base was trying to figure out what was core the the vague concept I was working with as well as balancing it out to level things off to make building on top of it easier. I changed out Defensive Roll for a protective costume unlike in the original Rebuild as D.Roll is just terrible, Improved Initiative as the Crime Fighter should have some quick reflexes, Teamwork to give them a useful functional purpose even with just the default options, and Uncanny Dodge which seemed like a necessity.

The modules were both the most difficult and the most fun part of making this build. Coming up with so many unique options and creative designs. Getting them all to fit and preventing redundancies was a headache but well worth it. The Arrays were my favorite ones, giving the most freedom to work. I decided to try and be unique with them, going with non-standard sorts of powers as you rarely see skill based powers and especially not social and charisma based powers.

The end result is what I feel is a very customizable character, but one that's still simple enough to grasp for a Newbie to be able to make use of.
MacynSnow

Re: WAIFU WARZ - QUICKSTARTER - LECHUZA GETS THE DROP ON THE COMPETITION

Post by MacynSnow »

THERE'S MY SPEEDSTER! Despite what a lot of people think, Building a Super Quick character isn't easy.
First you gotta consider How their Speed works. Like Max Mercury once said "The Human body is not built to run normally". So figuring out where you'll get it from is just as important as Your Costume...
Second(and this is where a lot of people mess up their build) is where are they getting the speed from? A Cheetah is the Fastest land Animal known, clocking in at 35 mph(Speed 4, if Jab's math is right), so that should be their Benchmark. Anything under that, it can be considered "Human Potential". Over it and it could be something else...
Third is how they "look at the world" around them. Is it like Wally's "Old Lady at the Bank" or Quicksilver's "Time in A Bottle"? This makes a suprising amout of difference in how said Speedster ineracts with the world around them....
squirrelly-sama

MacynSnow wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:32 am THERE'S MY SPEEDSTER! Despite what a lot of people think, Building a Super Quick character isn't easy.
First you gotta consider How their Speed works. Like Max Mercury once said "The Human body is not built to run normally". So figuring out where you'll get it from is just as important as Your Costume...
Second(and this is where a lot of people mess up their build) is where are they getting the speed from? A Cheetah is the Fastest land Animal known, clocking in at 35 mph(Speed 4, if Jab's math is right), so that should be their Benchmark. Anything under that, it can be considered "Human Potential". Over it and it could be something else...
Third is how they "look at the world" around them. Is it like Wally's "Old Lady at the Bank" or Quicksilver's "Time in A Bottle"? This makes a suprising amout of difference in how said Speedster ineracts with the world around them....
Well, the Speedster on this page is basically just supposed to be the flash so doesn't get options to customize. I do have one that's a basic template with optional powers including small modules for common sub-types of speedster like the Animal-power one you mentioned or the also common time manipulator.

When it comes to speedster perspectives, it's not really something I considered before. Mostly it's something that get's brought up in comics to make the speedster look more impressive, like they operate at a whole 'nother level and are like an untouchable figure. However that doesn't really translate well in either games or comics. Sure you may get the one story of the Speedster basically being an unstoppable god capable of doing anything and able to ignore whatever is thrown at them by virtue of having effectively infinite time and the ability to just brute force whatever they want, not with direct force but with the number of attempts, showing just how broken a power just being fast can be. But more often then not you got speedsters that despite running and thinking at light speed still end up getting suckerpunched by some rando jobber who's power is having a pogo stick that's also a gun. The idea of them operating on all levels at stupidly fast speeds is cool and all but sadly it tends to just be forgotten to preserve some sense of balance and stakes which relegates them to just being a normal guy who just runs quickly.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

squirrelly- based upon the discussion over on Jab's thread right now, have you done a harem hero? More or less an everyman that is able to buff every other character around them?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
squirrelly-sama

Spectrum wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:02 pm squirrelly- based upon the discussion over on Jab's thread right now, have you done a harem hero? More or less an everyman that is able to buff every other character around them?
Multiple actually. There's my Circumstancial Idiot build. My PL5 rebuild for Weeb Academy. My Cool Senpai. My Alcibiades build for a more active seduction based character, and I think one more I can't remember off the top of my head.
squirrelly-sama

HUSBANDO WARZ - The Stranger (PL8)

"It was over in a moment and the folks had gathered round
There before them lay the body of the outlaw on the ground
Oh, he might have went on living but he made one fatal slip
When he tried to match the ranger with the big iron on his hip"

The Stranger (Big Iron) - PL 8

Strength 2, Stamina 4, Agility 0, Dexterity 4, Fighting 2, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2

Advantages
Assessment, Improved Critical: Big Iron, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Precise Attack (Ranged, Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Seize Initiative, Ultimate Effort: Aim, Weapon Bind

Skills
Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+6), Deception 3 (+5), Expertise: Cowboy 5 (+5), Insight 3 (+5), Intimidation 3 (+5), Perception 3 (+5), Persuasion 3 (+5), Stealth 4 (+4)

Powers
Big Iron
. . Deadly Aim: Damage 6 (DC 21; Improved Critical 3, Increased Range: ranged, Precise, Ricochet 2: 2 bounces)
. . Intimidation: Perception Area Affliction 8 (1st degree: Entranced, Impaired, 2nd degree: Stunned, Disabled, Resisted by: Will, DC 18; Perception Area: DC 18 - Hearing, Extra Condition, Insidious, Precise; Limited Degree)
. . Jack of All Trades: Variable 2 (skill and advantages; Action 2: free, Notes: General Skills and Advantages that are reasonable. Bonus should not exceed 10 in a given skill. Common usages: Gambling, Investigation, survival skills, etc.)
. . Six Shooter: Damage 6 (DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
. . Trick Shot/Throwing Knife: Move Object 6 (3200 lbs., DC 21; Damaging)
Bronco: Summon 4 (Self-Powered)
Rough and Tumble: Protection 2 (+2 Toughness)
Taking Measure: Senses 2 (Danger Sense: Sight, Rapid: Sight 1)

Offense
Initiative +4
Deadly Aim: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Grab, +2 (DC Spec 12)
Intimidation: Perception Area Affliction 8 (DC Will 18)
Six Shooter: Damage 6, +10 (DC 21)
Throw, +10 (DC 17)
Trick Shot/Throwing Knife: Move Object 6, +10 (DC 21)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 17)

Complications
Enemy - Texas Red: An infamous outlaw who despite his young age is a wanted multiple murders. He has killed 20 lawmen who sought to bring him to justice. The Stranger seeks to track him down and shoot him dead.
Motivation: Justice: An outlaw turned lawman and bounty hunter, The Stranger seeks to bring order back to the badlands.
Power Loss - Big Iron on His Hip: The Stranger shoots best with his Big Iron, if he loses his gun he cannot use most of his attacks. Even if he were to use another gun it would not give the same benefits.
Prejudice: A man from a different time, The Stranger holds some unpleasant views. He is able to look past them and does not hold any attachment to these views but this can often cause problems.
Relationship - The Girl From El Paso: In his youth The Stranger once fell for a young Mexican dancing girl from a Cantina in El Paso. However because of his mistakes he can no longer return nor see her again.

Defense
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 8, Toughness 6, Will 8

Power Points
Abilities 32 + Powers 30 + Advantages 15 + Skills 15 (30 ranks) + Defenses 28 = 120

Notes:
The Stranger is basically the archetypal Cowboy hero. More specifically based on the "The Ranger" from Big Iron by Marty Robbins.

The original character was a work of fiction but, like most of Marty's western songs, was based on Marty's own past. Marty Robbins was born and raised in Arizona during the Depression and his family often had to bum with relatives when they were not squatting in abandoned farms. The Ranger was based on stories his family had told him of one of his rancher grandfather and western songs he heard on the range from traveling musicians and Mexican singers who frequented the streets with often drunken performances. He credits Big Iron as the one song he wrote that wasn't his, as despite putting the words to song it was not a story he created but one he heard.

As for the reason I decided to build this out of nowhere, I left youtube running and came across a tiny anime shark girl singing it.
Spoiler
MacynSnow

Re: WAIFU WARZ - HUSBANDO WARZ - THE STRANGER WITH THE BIG IRON ON HIS HIP

Post by MacynSnow »

YOU GLORIOUS SOB YOU!

EXTREME AWESOME SAUSE!! :D