Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:00 pm Merriwether frowns. "It is a little tricky to explain...right.
There are two sorts of magic basically. Additive that we call good magic. Magic is created by energy and consciousness.
There is also subtractive magic usually death magic. They are opposed to each other like fire and water. That is good for us puny mortals because while the great ones fight and bicker they ignore us.
There have always been death gods and the like but there are others out there that are so alien to us that if they came back then...it would be frightfully awful.

These markings are for both types of magi which implies not only an alliance of sorts but that someone is getting the attention of the other entities.

Someone is bringing the dinner bell and not realizing that we are the dinner. In our favour is that these entities are slow to react. Whoever is doing this needs to be stopped or then Shiggurath event will seem like a childish prank."
Elizabeth paused, taking in the information. "Are these people summoning these elder beings on purpose?"
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Merriwether laughs cynically..."of course..they don't put information about summoning forbidden deities on the charms and potions section at your local library you know. Do you mean they are unaware of what they might be summoning? Unlikely but possible...maybe. There are a lot of warnings about dealing with these things though."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"All right, how might this be connected to the crimes and trespasses they've done so far? And have we put out the call to find and detain this dutch sailing ship?" Iggy asks.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I assume that the authorities have taken notice and are bumbling around. I will ask a few discreet questions and see who is doing what.

For now though I don't believe our guest is going anywhere. Perhaps you all would like to refresh yourselves and get some sleep. If there is anything you need to do the staff will help you in any way they can.
I do recommend you stay in the house. I imagine things will get a little spicey and I am sure I will need to call upon your services soon.

[Ooc if there is anything specific you would like to do right now let me know otherwise consider yourself refreshed and at full health and ready to go. Give yourselves 2up for survival and roleplaying.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy resupplies from the alchemy lab he was introduced to last time he was here. Since he still has he formula developed he should also see about crafting more of the anti-magic draughts, and spell-unweaving incense fog-bombs.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:10 am I assume that the authorities have taken notice and are bumbling around. I will ask a few discreet questions and see who is doing what.

For now though I don't believe our guest is going anywhere. Perhaps you all would like to refresh yourselves and get some sleep. If there is anything you need to do the staff will help you in any way they can.
I do recommend you stay in the house. I imagine things will get a little spicey and I am sure I will need to call upon your services soon.

[Ooc if there is anything specific you would like to do right now let me know otherwise consider yourself refreshed and at full health and ready to go. Give yourselves 2up for survival and roleplaying.
Elizabeth waited until everyone else had left the area. Once she was alone with Sir Reginald, she began. "I am sorry about the debacle this has become. It is partly my fault. I took several stupid risks out in the field that I was not required to do. I acted like a prat and put myself in danger. If I had not, we might have prevented this whole mess." Elizabeth paused for a moment. "I wanted to apologize for this and try to be better in the future."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sir Reginald gazes at you, an avuncular twinkle in his eye.
"My dear, you are a female professor who wears 8 ft tall armour. Did you really think I recruited you for your discretion and subtlety. Your team mates are a floating goblin and an 8ft tall orc." He chuckles. "We have no end of discrete agents all over the globe. No, Elizabeth
I recruited you because you find problems and solve them. This is your forte. Also you have pluck. Perhaps this could have been handled differently but now we know that there is a problem to handle. I think you all have outdone yourselves. Diplomacy is our end of the deal. Besides, you aren't dead or arrested so it could be worse. Now go have a hot bath and get some sleep. I have a feeling things are going to get exhilarating soon."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:58 pm Sir Reginald gazes at you, an avuncular twinkle in his eye.
"My dear, you are a female professor who wears 8 ft tall armour. Did you really think I recruited you for your discretion and subtlety. Your team mates are a floating goblin and an 8ft tall orc." He chuckles. "We have no end of discrete agents all over the globe. No, Elizabeth
I recruited you because you find problems and solve them. This is your forte. Also you have pluck. Perhaps this could have been handled differently but now we know that there is a problem to handle. I think you all have outdone yourselves. Diplomacy is our end of the deal. Besides, you aren't dead or arrested so it could be worse. Now go have a hot bath and get some sleep. I have a feeling things are going to get exhilarating soon."
"Thank you sir.", Elizabeth curtsied, turned, and left. She left to her workshop. She knew that she needed to make some adjustments to her suit. This would be a learning experience.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Breakfast is lovely. After all the drama of the last day or two there is something comforting about sitting down to a nice cup of tea and a proper English breakfast (or horseradish cordial and kippers and honey on weevil bread). You all feel deeply refreshed.
The first task of the day is to interrogate the Redcap.
As you head down the stairs Iggy with your keen senses are the first to pick up the metallic tang of blood. As you enter the area where the Redcap was chained it is pretty easy to tell that the creatures throat has been slit.

Even Sir Reginald is taken aback.Hob looks on stoically. Merriwether looks nervously around as if the killer might still be lurking in the shadows somewhere.
"Blast it" mutters Sir Reginald. "There goes our biggest clue."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy will check around for scents. Was anyone here other than house staff or team members?

He will inspect the scene as well.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:13 pm Breakfast is lovely. After all the drama of the last day or two there is something comforting about sitting down to a nice cup of tea and a proper English breakfast (or horseradish cordial and kippers and honey on weevil bread). You all feel deeply refreshed.
The first task of the day is to interrogate the Redcap.
As you head down the stairs Iggy with your keen senses are the first to pick up the metallic tang of blood. As you enter the area where the Redcap was chained it is pretty easy to tell that the creatures throat has been slit.

Even Sir Reginald is taken aback.Hob looks on stoically. Merriwether looks nervously around as if the killer might still be lurking in the shadows somewhere.
"Blast it" mutters Sir Reginald. "There goes our biggest clue."
"Damn it." Elizabeth said in an unladylike manner. She pulled out her PURSE and set it to look for whatever information might be gathered using the deductive analytical machine.

[Reconfigure: Postcognition, analytical (2), magical awareness]

She set it to begin scanning the room's thaumaturgical signature, calculating based upon information in the environment what had happened in the past 8 hours.

[Postcognition Investigation: 14]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Elizabeth.- would you like to make a will roll for me vs fear. +2 bonus as you know it is an event from the past.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:16 am Elizabeth.- would you like to make a will roll for me vs fear. +2 bonus as you know it is an event from the past.
[OOC: That isn't a deeply terrifying sentence at all...]

[Will vs Fear: 14]
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Elizabeth -As you try to sense what happened in the past you can tell that a person came down the stairs towards the Redcap. When you attempt to see the person more clearly it is as if a veneer is ripped away exposing a writhing maggot-like mass...it is aware of you, impossible though that is. You can feel it's cold regard upon you.

Ooc - you fail your will save and can't go on.

"Sometimes when you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy can't get any other scents.
survival: 1d20+1-2 2
But looks around for clues.
Search: 1d20+9 17