Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

El Jaguar

Post by Jabroniville »

EL JAGUAR (Ramon de Rico)
Created By:
Tony Isabella & Bob Brown
First Appearance: Daredevil #120 (April 1975)
Role: Jobber Villain
Group Affiliations: HYDRA
PL 8 (102)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills: 
Acrobatics 6 (+11)
Athletics 4 (+8)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (HYDRA Agent) 5 (+7)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Equipment (Clawed Gloves), Improved Defense, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8, Seize Initiative

Powers:
"Enhanced Physiology" Senses 3 (Low-Light & Extended Vision, Acute Scent) [3]
"Great Fighter" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

Equipment:
"Clawed Gloves"
Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling) (2)
Strength-Damage +1 (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Clawed Gloves +10 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +5, Fortitude +8, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Greed, then Revolution)- Carracus hates the United States, and seeks to destroy their hold over the world.

Total: Abilities: 58 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 4 / Defenses: 10 (102)

-El Jaguar was a HYDRA Agent who aided some "fund-raising missions", and ended up squaring off against Daredevil & The Black Widow during the "Widow Era" of DD's book. A one-story-only villain, he held his own against either character in solo fights, but never appeared again after this rather strong showing. Like the similar Latino Kitty The Cheetah, Jaguar ended up at "The Bar With No Name" and was gunned down.

-Jaguar's less powerful than fellow Scourge victim The Cheetah (who is stronger), but is higher in PL. Well, okay, he's PL 7.5 because after his initial showing (which most villains are at their peak- I've often stated that villains should all get a +1 PL increase at least upon their debut until the heroes get used to fighting them) his next appearance was a decade later, getting mowed down with seventeen other loser gimmicks, but still. He's pretty accurate, good at modifying his caps, and a little bit skilled. He's certainly not elite, but he almost could have not been lame, which is more than could be said for most of these guys.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Batgirl III

Re: Jab's Builds! (Masque! Marrow! Dark Beast! The Vidkids!)

Post by Batgirl III »

I haven't read that issue, but he's got a pretty good look (even if it's obvious he and Kraven share a tailor). Too bad he didn't catch on, Daredevil has an embarrassingly small rogues gallery...
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

While he is no big deal, it is just kinda... appropriate, I guess, for me to see El Jaguar appearing just as I finish binge watching Lucha Underground to catch up on season 3.

Also, yeah, I think it wouldn't even be too hard to make this guy into a decent villain for DD.
Jabroniville

Re: The Vidkids

Post by Jabroniville »

Ares wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:28 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:21 pm THE VIDKIDS
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Darick Robertson
First Appearance: Wolverine #54 (May 1992)
Role: Jobber Army, One-Off Foes
Group Affiliations: The Vidkids
I have this issue, and really liked it. It was funny how much Shatterstar got jobbed out after Leifeld left. I get the feeling the writers knew he was Rob's self insert character and had fun having better designed heroes beat the tar out of him. Hell, Night Thrasher beat Shatterstar in pure skill, with him having to resort to his rarely seen energy blast to gain an advantage.

But these guys were villains with potential. They'd actually be more relevant today with the vid camera / blogger / Youtube generation. Evil kids filming their crimes for kicks, perfect concept for today. You could even point out how these idiots filming themselves is something used in court to get them put away.
Yeah, as Filler Issues go, it's really not bad. It explores the characters a little bit (Shatterstar considers JOINING the Vidkids, but ends up being disgusted at their thrill-seeking ways, knowing them to be without honor), and it features a distinct group of villains, when the artist could have easily just made them Generic Thugs. The costumes really set the Vidkids apart, and turns the brawl into more of what the Circus of Crime is like, rather than just some other street gang.

And you're right- the whole "We film our crimes" thing is PERFECT for today's society. Imagine a group of amateur supervillains going around, committing crimes while filming it with iPhones or what-have-you, becoming a big meme or FaceSpace trend or whatever young people are into these days.
Horsenhero

Re: Lifter

Post by Horsenhero »

Ares wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:47 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:58 am Image

And the wimner, hands down, for the prize of "Plainest Costume in the History of Comic Books"...

LIFTER (Ned Lanthrop, aka "Meteorite")
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Captain American Annual #4 (1977)
Role: Forgotten Villain
Group Affiliations: The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, Mutant Force/The Resistants

-Lifter (Seriously? LIFTER? THIS is what Jack Kirby creates without Stan? Puts Stan's crappier ideas in perspective, doesn't it?) was a telekinetic with a quirk- he can only lift stuff and use Move Object-type things on stuff he's TOUCHING, which basically gives him the Affects Others Only Extra, Limited to Objects. He's a bit of a piece of crap (and looks generic as hell), but at least he's unique in that regard. He has received the least character development of his team (keep in mind this team includes Paralyzer, Burner & Peepers on it), but at least got to fight the New Warriors in modern times, so he's still around.

-He could throw stuff, or just punch people, but is still PL 7 like his buddies.
What's funny is that this is basically the Tactile Telekinesis/Personal Gravity Field power guys like Superboy and Gravity have. Like, if Lifter had trained a bit more his power could have been awesome.
Amusing enough, that is also Orion of the New Gods costume if you slap a helmet with dog ears on his head.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Batgirl III wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:15 am I haven't read that issue, but he's got a pretty good look (even if it's obvious he and Kraven share a tailor). Too bad he didn't catch on, Daredevil has an embarrassingly small rogues gallery...
I think Isabella might have left Daredevil or Marvel right afterwards (doing research, he created DC's Black Lightning in 1977, so yeah, pretty much), leaving El Jaguar without a "defender"- from what I've discovered while doing my thread(s), writers generally take their unpopular villains with them from series to series, and everyone else ignores them. That's why no character created after 1969 ever seems to do well- each successive generation ignores those that came immediately before them, and focuses only on the "Classics". Unless Claremont was working on you during his prime, you're screwed.
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

Amusing enough, that is also Orion of the New Gods costume if you slap a helmet with dog ears on his head.
Change the colors to two shades of blue and it's Darkseid; make it purple and pink, it's Machine Man; make it purple, pink, and add a satellite dish hand, it's Klaw; make it green and add some goggles, it's Mole Man.

Kirby did love his union suit and trunks look.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

Juston Seyfert

Post by Jabroniville »

JUSTON SEYFERT
Created By:
Sean McKeever & Udon Studios
First Appearance: Sentinel #1 (April 2003)
Role: A Boy And His ______, Bullied Nerdy Kid
PL 4 (58)
STRENGTH
0 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+2)
Deception 5 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 2 (+8)
Insight 1 (+2)
Investigation 3 (+4)
Perception 3 (+4)
Technology 8 (+14)
Vehicles 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Inventor, Ranged Attack 2

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+0 Damage, DC 15)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Parents)- Juston cares for his father, but is obsessed with finding his lost mother, who abandoned the family.
Responsibility (Obsessive Robot)- The Sentinel Juston keeps cannot ignore its "Kill All Mutants!" programming- instead, Juston must keep it focused with other, more important directives.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 3 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (58)

-Juston Seyfert always reminds me of the time Marvel tried multiple examples of "Branding" new lines within their comics publishing wing. Rather than pop out assorted random books at a time (like now, amidst the relaunches of older books), they actually kept most of their books going at the time, but would introduce "themed lines". One such imprint was "Tsunami", which was largely unrelated, but featured Namor's new book as a central cog (Salvador Larocca was basically dragged off of X-Treme X-Men, which was his big deal at the time, to prop the title up). The Tsunami line faltered terribly, all the books were cancelled. Marvel wisely quit doing things like this after numerous failures.

-Sentinel was part of the "Tsunami" imprint, but wasn't really related to Namor in any way. It was a hopeless knock-off of The Iron Giant to the point of ridiculousness, but I've heard it was quite good. An early work by Sean McKeever, too, apparently. The book only lasted twelve issues, like most of the stuff in that imprint. Seyfert is your typical Bullied High School Student, a poor kid who builds robots from spare parts from his dad's junkyard. He finds a mysterious microprocessor and uses it, but in so doing activates its "owner"- a giant, mutant-hunting Sentinel! He is initially afraid, but soon bonds with the thing after reprogramming it. He has his own "Great Responsibility" moment when he fakes a Sentinel attack on the school (targeting his bullies) and "saves the day", realizing the error in his actions.

-Eventually, the Sentinel starts reactivating its "Mutant-Hunting" programming, and murders a suspicious federal agent (secretly a mutant himself) and is then captured- Juston recaptures it and tries to get it to find his long-lost mother, who'd walked out on the family years ago. After the cancellation of his series, Juston has only appeared here and there, such as being a background character in Avengers Academy. His Sentinel is oddly treated rather delicately by others considering it's a major death weapon and a HUGE symbol of racism (imagine someone having a Pet Klansman and you'd probably get how this should come across to mutants). However, this ends during Avengers (vs) X-Men, when Emma Frost arrives to destroy it as a symbol of racism, leading to the entire Academy standing up to her. The Sentinel finally sacrifices itself in order to save Juston- Emma then cruelly melts its processor (though Quicksilver had swapped it with a duplicate in secret, at super-speed). Juston & Hank Pym then rebuild the Sentinel.

-Unfortunately, Juston is then one of many Avengers Academy characters trapped on an island by Arcade in Avengers Arena. He is immediately injured and thought killed, but returns paralyzed below the waist. Eventually, however, he is murdered by Apex, who snaps his neck and takes his suit of battle armor (built after the Sentinel's destruction). So as of now, Juston Seyfert and his Sentinel are no more- a minor character eventually just disposed of, because I guess nobody felt like doing anything with him anymore.

-Juston is just another Scientific Genius, good enough to rebuild a Sentinel, but he doesn't seem to be a major-league inventor on his own. His Sentinel is quite typical for the kind (a giant Kill-O-Bot), but eventually gained a cockpit, allowing Juston to fight using it. This of course brings to mind what the "Mecha Rules" might be, but in this case, I would probably just use the Sentinel's Base Stats.

SEYFERT'S SENTINEL
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The X-Men #14 (Nov. 1965)
Role: Robotic Super-Mooks, Mutant Hunters, Implacable Foes, Random-Difficulty Creatures
Group Affiliations: The Sentinels
PL 10 (168)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA -- AGILITY -2
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+7)
Expertise (Mutants) 4 (+4)
Intimidation +0 (+15 Size)
Perception 7 (+7)
Stealth 10 (+0 Size)
Technology 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Benefit (Uses Strength instead of Presence for Intimidation), Equipment 3 (Assorted Tech Gear), Ranged Attack 8, Startle, Teamwork

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 12 (Extras: Impervious 9) [21]
"Self-Repairs" Regeneration 2 [2]

"Huge Size" Growth 8 (Str & Toughness +8, +8 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -4 Dodge/Parry, +1 Speed, -8 Stealth) -- (24 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [17]
"Power Punch" Strength-Damage +2 [2]

"Mechanical Components"
Radio Communication 3 [12]
"Mutant Detection" Senses 6 (Detect Mutants- Ranged 2, Acute & Analytical) [6]
"Foot Rockets" Flight 6 (120 mph) [12]

"Hand Coils" Snare 7 (Diminished Range -1) Linked to Blast 9 (Flaws: Limited to Snared Targets) (Diminished Range -1) (28) -- [30]
  • AE: "Palm Cannons" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (20)
  • AE: "Blasters" Blast 12 (Feats: Split) (25)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Hand Coils +8 (+7 Ranged Afliction & +9 Damage, DC 17 & 24)
Palm Cannons +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Blasters +8 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative -2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +13, Fortitude --, Will --

Complications: 
Motivation (Capturing & Destroying Mutants)- The Sentinels are implacable machines, built entirely to capture, kill, or scare the mutant population of Earth.
Vulnerable (Magnetic & Electrical Attacks)- As pure machines, Sentinels are prone to electrical disturbances (which also hit them with Afflictions), and magnetic attacks (which do extra damage).

Total: Abilities: -10 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 132 / Defenses: 18 (168)
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Marrow! Dark Beast! The Vidkids! Juston Seyfert!)

Post by Ares »

I actually liked the idea of a kid genius taking a weapon of bigotry, using it for selfish purposes at first, then tries to use it to do good. It seems like even slightly altering the armor and a paint job would have helped avoid some issues. I mean, if he can rebuild a giant battle robot, some new paint can't be that out of the question.

So yeah. Avengers Arena. Where potential and fun concepts go to die. Literally.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Re: Juston Seyfert- I would say the Sentinel/Klansman analogy is not quite perfect. Despite some programming, individual Sentinels are generally not self-aware in the way living beings are self-aware. The Sentinel would be more like having a computer operated Tiger Tank at your disposal (again not a perfect analogy, but better). Sentinels are simply weapons after all. Comic book weapons that can drone on about the evils of mutant kind to be sure, but they don't have hobbies or life issues they consider outside of their mission, like having little Sentinels who need help with their homework, so equating them with a sentient being is kind of a stretch.

Still, while it may seem callous, it's probably best Juston and his bodyguard met an ignominious end and faded into obscurity, because you just know that had they not, he'd have ended bonded to the darn thing somehow and we'd end up with a teen team with both "Justinel" and "Douglock" on it, because comics hate me.
Goldar

Re: Slither

Post by Goldar »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:46 am Image

SLITHER (Aaron Salomon)
Created By:
Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Captain America Annual #4, 1977
Role: Jobber Villain, Forgotten Villain, Animal Guy
PL 7 (85)
STRENGTH 6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Athletics 3 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Sleight of Hand 6 (+9)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Benefit (Ambidexterity), Chokehold, Equipment 4 (Jet-Pack & Pistol), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Snake-Like Physiology"
"Snake-Like Body" Extra Limbs 2 (Long Neck and Stretchy Body) [2]
"Snake Skin" Protection 2 [2]
"Snake Senses" Senses 3 (Acute & Accurate Scent) [3]

Equipment:
"Jet-Pack" Flight 4 (8)
"Laser Pistol" Blast 5 (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Laser Pistol +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 Snake Skin), Fortitude +6, Will +2

Complications: 
Motivation (Viper)- Slither is a toady for Madame Hydra, and is easily cowed into doing whatever she says. 
Prejudice (Mutant)- As a mutant and a snake-man, Slither is easily held separate from ordinary people. 

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 7 / Defenses: 10 (85)

-Slither is a pretty terrible concept from Jack Kirby's later years at Marvel- a scrawny, ugly-looking snake-man in green tights. Years and years later, he was temporarily split off with them to join in Viper's takeover of the Serpent Society (given his theme, he was a natural fit), but he was soon booted out when Viper's time in the sun was over (he'd later show up with her in a plot to blind all of America via their TV sets). He hadn't been seen in eons until that one-off shot in The New Warriors (reappearing with his old gang), for good reason.

-Slither is as pathetic as Boomslang when reading up on him. He's moderately super-strong (STR 6 is above most human capabilities in 3rd Edition), and a lethal grappler- his unique anatomy allows him to strangle with his arms free, which I chose to stat as "Extra Limbs", constricting around people's ribcages. He's also fairly tough, but not so much so than normal humans like Cap & Nomad can't beat the crap out of him. His main tricks of the trade are climbing (high Athletics score), sneaking and surprising guys with grapples, trying to choke them unconscious (this is all he does in every issue I have featuring him- he jumps and chokes someone, dealing with them for several rounds, but ultimately always loses). He's an alright fighter, but lacks the "oomph" needed to really bring guys down. Plus he has a jet-pack and a gun sometimes. And my friends, nothing says "comic books" like "Snake-men with Jet-Packs & Guns".
I like the Silver Slasher that is in this pic!
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

When you did "S", did you forget to repost System Crash? They also aren't on the first page. (Also, apparently one of the Killobytes used an electrical staff-like weapon instead of a blaster.) Also, did you leave out Janus (Dracula's son) from the "J" list? While the kid has two distinct versions, the one possessed by the Golden Angel and the more modern version where he's an aged-up vampire, the second one would just be a standard Vampire build, probably.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Yeah, I'm saving Janus for a "horror" set I'm thinking of doing (along with some Ghost Rider builds)- though I'm not into either group, fan-wise, I figured it made sense to wait on them.

I didn't re-post System Crash, but I hadn't realized they weren't on my Master List yet. I'll add them in.
Jabroniville

The Jester (Powers)

Post by Jabroniville »

THE JESTER I (Jonathan Powers)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Gene Colan
First Appearance: Daredevil #42 (July 1968)
Role: Forgotten '60s Jobber Villain
PL 7 (90)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 5 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Actor) 1 (+2)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+4)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Perception 2 (+3)
Stealth 1 (+5)
Technology 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (Fencing Sword), Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Gimmicked Weapons), Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"The Tinkerer's Gimmicked Weapons" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [17]
"Anaesthetic Drug-Filled Discs" Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Multiattack) (Diminished Range -1) (20) -- (27 points)
  • AE: "Weighted Yo-Yo Smash" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 3) (4)
  • AE: "Earplitting Spinning Yo-Yo" Dazzle Hearing 7 (Extras: Area- Audio Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (14)
  • AE: "Ball-Bearing Marbles" Affliction 6 (Athletics/Acrobatics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Stunned) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged, Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (Diminished Range -2) (16)
  • AE: "Gas-Filled Popcorn" Affliction 7 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Cloud) (Diminished Range -2) (19)
  • AE: "Plastic Explosive-Filled Rubber Balls" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 15ft. Burst +1/2) (Inaccurate -1) (16.5)
  • AE: "Extendable Artificial Hand" Electrical Damage 7 (Feats: Reach 3, Subtle) (Flaws: Unreliable -2: One Shot) (11)
  • AE: "Fireable Artificial Hand" Blast 5 (Feats: Subtle) (Flaws: Unreliable -2: One Shot) (3.5)
Equipment:
"Fencing Blade" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Fencing Blade +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Extendable Hand +7 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Fireable Hand +7 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Yo-Yo +7 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Spinning Yo-Yo & Popcorn +7 Area (+7 Affliction, DC 17)
Drug-Filled Discs +7 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Marbles +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Plastic Explosives +7 Area (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Motivation (Acting Success)- A struggling actor, Jonathan Powers did every kind of training to guarantee success in his field- bodybuilding, athletic training, etc.- except he didn't take acting lessons.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 9 (90)

-Marvel's first Jester is one of those low-tier villains Stan Lee created for the bottom-tier Daredevil book- you really get a sense for how bad Stan could be if he was half-assing it with the villains in this book. The Jester was a comically-failed actor (failing badly at Cyrano de Bergerac) who turned to crime to "force people to laugh", and ended up faking his death and going after Foggy Nelson (which was the standard "Daredevil Plot" back in the day). He failed repeatedly, and became a REALLY low-end villain who confounded several Street Level heroes, but I'd never even heard of him until I picked up the "J" section of the Marvel Handbook. At one point, he sold his soul to a demon for added strength, but the result left him comatose.

-A new version appeared in the Acts of Vengeance crossover while the other was also active, having been given tech by Doctor Doom and sent against Cloak & Dagger alongside some other D-League villains (Hydro-Man and The Fenris Twins are at least something, but a Hulk Robot and Rock of The Hulkbusters?). He didn't appear until a couple years ago, and was shot dead by The Punisher.

-The Jester's a PL 7 minor threat, enough to bother Early '60s Daredevil, but no match for a modern-day PL 10 Street Level Martial Artist. Cripes, this might even be going too far, but he's got an adequate supply of almost-dangerous weaponry. I actually love building weird Gimmick Villains like this- this guy and The Brothers Grimm are fun.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jack Frost (Golden Age)

Post by Jabroniville »

JACK FROST I
Created By:
Stan Lee & Frank Giacoca
First Appearance: U.S.A. Comics #1 (Aug. 1941)
Role: Failed Golden Age Character
Group Affiliations: The Liberty Legion
PL 8 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (World War II Veteran) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+4)
Perception 2 (+4)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up, Teamwork

Powers:
"The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway" Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
Movement 1 (Sure-Footed) (Flaws: Limited to Ice) [1]

"An Ice Person"
"Snow & Sleet" Environment 5 (Impede Movement 2, Visibility 2, Cold 2) (30) -- [34]
  • AE: Create Ice Objects 8 (Feats: Innate) (17)
  • AE: "Strong Winds" Features 2: Create Winds- Deflects Arrows, Puts Out Flames, etc. (2)
  • AE: "Giant Snowball" Blast 8 (Feats: Accurate) (17)
  • AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 8 (Strength or Agility; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Snowball +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Responsibility (Unknown Origins)- Even Jack seems unaware.
Motivation (Heroism)- Jack fights against the Nazi forces, despite having no nation of his own.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 36 / Defenses: 12 (112)

-Jack Frost is one of the earliest creations of Stan Lee, but is pretty-well forgotten- he has a Mysterious Past (before that became a cliche), simply awakening in the Arctic one day with ice powers. He fought in World War II, and joined the Liberty Legion (a Retcon created later on). He reappears in modern times, explaining that he'd melded with an "ice worm" in order to neutralize it, and has finally been freed. Here, Thor theorized that Jack might be part-Frost Giant. However, Jack has made very few appearances since then. A second Jack Frost appeared during the 1960s, but he quickly changed his name to the much-cooler-sounding "Blizzard".

-Jack is PL 8, like most "established", super-powered World War II heroes- he's functionally Iceman-Lite, doing a few different Cold-Type things.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.