Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
catsi563

Re: R. Mika

Post by catsi563 »

Ken wrote:
Jabroniville wrote: "Daydream Headlock" Strength-Damage +4 (Feats: +2 to Hit If Opponent Parried Last) (Reduced Parry 1, Inaccurate -2) (2) -- [4]
AE: "Flying Peach/Shooting Peach- Ass Attack" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
For those of us who don't play the game, what are the "Daydream Headlock" and "Shooting Peach-Ass Attack"?
the shooting peach attack basically as a super goes like this

she throws the target in the air and says ready Add to dictionary --her partner--then the two of them charge the target jump in the air at full speed and slam their collective rear ends into the guys head.

after sandwiching the target in between t glorious asses they let gravity do the rest and pile drive him into the ground head first.

https://youtu.be/P02i6G9QKEU
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Ken

Re: R. Mika

Post by Ken »

catsi563 wrote:then the two of them charge the target jump in the air at full speed and slam their collective rear ends into the guys head.

after sandwiching the target in between t glorious asses they let gravity do the rest and pile drive him into the ground head first.
What a way to go-go.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Jab's Builds! (Dan Hibiki! Charlie! Rose! Evil Ryu! Sakura!)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Simply amazing.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Jabroniville

SF III

Post by Jabroniville »

STREET FIGHTER III:
-So, centuries after Street Fighter II had come out, and years after it'd milked the "release the same game repeatedly with minor upgrades to squeeze more money out of people" thing for way too long, and after the Alpha series reinvented how Street Fighter worked, we FINALLY got Street Fighter III in 1997. Only Capcom made the worst possible batch of decisions, at the worst possible time.

-See, they made the most beautiful 2-D Animated fighter of all time. With a really deep fighting system, complicated rules that pros could use against each other. And it moved the plot forward, introducing tons of new characters... but none of it mattered, because they threw away every single character from a prior game save the same two Shotoclones. And they only included THOSE because the fans revolted against the early reports that showed ONLY new characters. Most of whom simply copied the gimmicks of prior characters anyways, giving us Kung Fu Guys, Wrestlers, Stretchy Guys and Boxers! And some of them were flat-out DUMB-LOOKING. The series also contains by far my least-favorite Street Fighter character of all time- that raging shitbag known as Oro.

-And this was NOT the time to take a risk like this. See, Fighting Games are defined as a GENRE by their characters. And Street Fighter had spent years building up one of the greatest in all of gaming, creating tons of fan favorites and legendary characters- Ken, Ryu, Sagat, Chun-Li, Guile, Bison... and to throw all of that away? For a roster of guys that was honestly pretty shitty by comparison? It pissed off too many people, and gave the game a bad rap, right at the time that 2-D Fighters were at their lowest ebb- SNK had been slowing in popularity, and the rise of 3-D had killed off almost the entirety of 2-D gaming. Tekken was the most popular Fighting Game in the world, Soul Calibur was huge, and there was still Virtua Fighter and more- and Capcom waited until THIS TIME to basically invite a giant backlash.

-So what happened? Well, the game got good reviews, and history has been kind to the deep gameplay and game engine. But... well, you can see the success it had when you look at Street Fighter IV, the successor to this game. Not only did that take almost ten years to come out after its predecessor, but very, VERY few of the SF III originals got ported over to it. A few of the popular ones did, like Alex, Dudley & Makoto... but Necro, Oro, Gill and others? GONE. SF V, coming out years after THAT, has so far only included Alex, Ibuki & Urien, focusing much more heavily on the popular SF II characters. And remember the amazing Capcom (vs) SNK games, that gave us all those Dream Matches we'd been drooling over for years? Well SF III was practically absent from THAT game, too!

-There were a few other issues with the game- the engine was really, REALLY hard to learn, as there was an expectation that only the masters were still playing, and the game had to be "complex" for them. So the learning curve was too high for newbies. Then there was the fact that it went under-ported to the consoles, which happened RIGHT as the Arcades were dying. The game was released to a pretty poor reaction, and did NOT do as well as Capcom wanted. An update came out only eight months later, attempting to salve some of the pain. A further update on that also reintroduced Chun-Li, and is generally considered one of the best Fighting Games of all time, and is still popular in Tournament Play... but it was still too little, too late.

-Capcom would go into some hard-ish times thanks to this and other disappointments- they would depend a lot of nostalgia and crossover games for the intervening years (essentially adding zero new characters to the series), until Street Fighter IV would reinvigorate a stalled franchise.

The Roster:
(Returning From Prior Games)
1) Ken
2) Ryu

(New Characters)
3) Alex (would-be Main Character, a wrestler)
4) Dudley (a high-class boxer)
5) Elena (long-legged African girl)
6 & 7) Yun & Yang (Hong Kong Headswaps)
8) Ibuki (Girl Ninja0
9) Oro (one-armed master)
10) Sean Matsuda (would-be heir to the Shotoclone Style)
11) Necro (elongating Russian punk)
12) Gill (red & blue-colored Boss)

Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact:
(Returning)
13) Akuma

(Final Fight Character)
14) Hugo (one of the Andore clan)

(New Character)
16) Urien (Gill's brother)

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike:
(Returning)
16) Chun-Li (with bigger thighs than ever)

(New Characters)
17) Remy (SNK Knock-Off)
18) Q (Mysterious trenchcoat-wearer)
19) Makoto (Karate girl)
20) Twelve (Shapeshfiting Science Experiment)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Simply amazing.
You know, I find it terribly amusing that people do these things to show how silly it would be for guys to be doing it... and it's always just so much fun to watch.
I can't help but think it's not proving their point the way they're hoping. ;~)
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Sakura made more sense to me in the IDW comic, where Ryu takes her as his apprentice, as her learning even basic Ansatsuken techniques from observation alone would be kind of nuts, even for Street Fighter. Ryu actually teaching her those techniques makes more sense, and adds an extra dimension to Ryu's character and gives him a chance for growth.

Like I mentioned in Jab's original thread, Ryu's rivalry with Sagat was something of a missed opportunity for character growth. My own head canon is that after Ryu defeated Sagat, he just left the unconscious warrior on the ground, bowing to him as a sign of respect but otherwise not waiting around to see what happened. When he encounters Sagat later, and sees what Sagat has become due to his thirst for revenge and the literal scar he left on Sagat's chest, Ryu would be forced to reevaluate how he treats his opponents. Before this moment he treated his opponents with respect, but saw no purpose with interacting with them outside of the arena. Once the fight was over, he would have learned what he could from the battle and would move on. If he had stayed after the fight to make sure Sagat was alright, to talk with him and treat him like a person rather than a mobile training dummy, Sagat might not have been so consumed with vengeance. After that point, Ryu makes a greater effort to actually spend time with his opponents after a match, get to know them, swap stories and part as respected rivals, possibly even friends. It would make Ryu grow from the "dedicated solely to the fight" guy who had only two relationships in his life (Gouken and Ken) and actually treat his fellow Street Fighters as comrades and friends.

Training Sakura would make his character evolve even more, as he now has to assume the role of teacher, develop his own teaching style, fully master his techniques, etc.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Also, while I'll usually defend the "old master" type of character . . . yeah, Oro sucked. THIS is the guy who is suppose to be some epic tier martial arts master, so powerful that he could teach Ryu a thing or two and has to fight one-handed to make things fair? This hideous excuse for a character design? Screw that noise.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Alex

Post by Jabroniville »

ALEX
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Street Fighter V, Capcom Fighting All-Stars, Capcom Fighting Evolution, Tatsunoko (vs) Capcom
Home Country: The United States
Role: The New Hero, Powerhouse
Vague Martial Art Basis: Professional Wrestling
PL 10 (129)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+11)
Athletics 7 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+5)
Intimidation 7 (+8)
Perception 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Defensive Throw, Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Specials), Improved Grab, Last Stand (Ignore All Damage For 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Power Punch" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Flash Chop" Damage 2 Linked to Affliction 4 (Toughness; Vulnerable/Defenseless) (Flaws: Limited Degree) Linked to Deflect 10 (14) -- [16]
  • AE: "Powerbomb/Spiral DDT" Strength-Damage +3 (Reduced Parry 1, Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Air Knee Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Flash Chop +14 (+2 Damage, +6 Affliction, DC 17 & 16)
Powerbomb +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Air Knee Smash +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +5 (+6 D.Roll), Fortitude +9, Will +8

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge Against Gill)- Alex believes that Gill beat up his friend Tom, and wants revenge. This involves beating the $#!% out of people.
Relationship (Tom & Patricia)- Alex's only real friend is his father's friend Tom, and Tom's daughter Patricia.
Weakness (Predictability)- Charlie, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 11 + 13 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 22 (129)

-Alex was originally going to be the sole main hero of Street Fighter III, but Capcom concluded that getting rid of ALL the prior characters would be a stupid idea, and so they brought Ken & Ryu back. Alex has a great design, though (mixing "Roided Up American Wrestler" with "Street Tough"), and some kick-ass pro wrestling moves (Tornado DDT! Powerbomb! Ric Flair's Chop!), so I liked the character a lot. Too bad they gave him a one-note motivation (Gill beat up his mentor for some reason, and now he wanted REVENGE), though apparently in SF IV he was obsessed with defeating Ryu, the main who once beat him. Fighter's Pride is a pretty good concept for these guys, I think- most MMA fans or Boxing fans can get into that. Alex has proven to be one of the more popular characters of SF III origin, becoming a release character in the fifth iteration of the series.

-Alex's design includes a lot of Pro Wrestling implements, though he's not based off of any one particular person. Visually he looks most like the 'roided-up Mike Awesome, who wrestled for Frontier Martial-Arts Wrestling as "Gladiator", wore facepaint under his eyes, and used a Jumping Powerbomb as a finisher (well, almost ALL of his moves were Powerbombs, but it was still technically a finisher). His flying knee is like Harley Race & Triple-H, his Chop is like Ric Flair, and he uses a Tornado DDT, which was popular among many Japanese stars.

-Alex is a PL 9.5-ish guy at points- as a "Main Character" he could be fully PL 10, but he lacks so many of the important storyline attributes. He's got some elite moves (mostly like Zangief's), though his Flash Chop is a partial Damage/Stun/Deflect move, combining Zangief's Banishing Flat with a move that spins the guy around and leaves him vulnerable to attack. He's fairly cheap since he's not exactly smart, skilled or charismatic- he's altogether kind of a one-note grappler.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Ares wrote:Also, while I'll usually defend the "old master" type of character . . . yeah, Oro sucked. THIS is the guy who is suppose to be some epic tier martial arts master, so powerful that he could teach Ryu a thing or two and has to fight one-handed to make things fair? This hideous excuse for a character design? Screw that noise.
A lot of the new characters in SF III are pretty bad, but Oro is the worst of the lot.
Spectrum

Re: Jab's Builds! (Sakura! Karin! R.Mika! The Dolls! Alex!)

Post by Spectrum »

My favorite of the bunch is Elena. So cute, so happy!
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

A lot of the mistakes made with SFIII's release are being repeated in slightly different fashions with the release(s) of SFV.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

drkrash wrote:A lot of the mistakes made with SFIII's release are being repeated in slightly different fashions with the release(s) of SFV.
How is SFV as a whole? I've heard some mixed things and am wary of buying it just yet.
Formerly luketheduke86
drkrash

Post by drkrash »

L-Space wrote:
drkrash wrote:A lot of the mistakes made with SFIII's release are being repeated in slightly different fashions with the release(s) of SFV.
How is SFV as a whole? I've heard some mixed things and am wary of buying it just yet.
Sadly, I'm personally a generation behind on hardware, so I haven't played it yet. Everything I've heard is positive as a play experience; it's just the actual roll-out of the game that has caused more ill feelings.
Shadow Ops - cinematic espionage action RPG - Kickstarter live now!
Jabroniville

Elena

Post by Jabroniville »

Almost every image of her online looks NSFW.

ELENA
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games
Home Country: Kenya
Role: Miss Fanservice, Happy Girl, Tribal Princess
Vague Martial Art Basis: Capoeria
PL 9 (134)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+15)
Athletics 10 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 6 (+14)
Expertise (Survival) 4 (+5)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 5 (+6)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Persuasion 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)
Treatment 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Attractive, Defensive Attack, Defensive Throw, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Assorted Specials) 2, Improved Critical (Multiattack Moves), Improved Initiative, Languages (Kenyan Languages, Japanese, French), Move-By Action, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 4, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Power Kicks" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Spin Scythe/Lynx Tail" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (Flaws: Distracting 3) Linked to Affliction 3 (Toughness; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (5) -- [8]
  • AE: "Rhino Horn/Mallet Smash" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Scratch Wheel" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Inaccurate -1) (2)
  • AE: "Super Art- Healing" Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self, Distracting, Tiring) (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +8

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (World Travel)- A happy young girl, Elena merely wants to see the world. This will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Weakness (Over-Specialized)- Elena is not trained in punches, and cannot throw them effectively. If his legs are bound, she will be highly limited in her attacks.
Weakness (Predictability)- Elena, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to her Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 18 + 13 / Powers: 10 / Defenses: 21 (134)

-.... *gk* *glberebsspptts* *gurk*!

-Sorry, was temporarily distracted by the sexy. Elena's a weird, quirky character introduced in the SF III series, an African princess who uses the Brazilian art of Capoeria, and focuses entirely on kicks the way Balrog & Dudley did towards punches. And her ANIMATED SPRITE-- I mean, jeez, look at it move! It's HYPNOTIC! They animated it SO WELL that she barely looks like she fits in with the rest of the World Warriors- Capcom really outdid themselves here. She doesn't look very "black", of course- except for the skin, she's your typical Generic Anime Girl face, white hair and all. But I ain't complaining with looks like those. She actually shows the most skin of just about any Street Fighter girl, but considering that her game series includes both Gill & Urien, a pair of giant, super-ripped twins wearing the puniest of white thongs, you can't say she's under-dressed. But DOSE LEGS- six feet tall and being crazy leg-focused... I'm no Leg Man, but I sometimes dabble at their church.

-So yeah, I actually like Elena. Much more than Ibuki & Sakura, in any case. From her visuals to her fighting style, she really stands out. Thankfully they put her into SF IV eventually, then in one of the multiple VS. games. Her kindly personality stands out a bit from the exciteable ass-kickers in the series, and unlike some of the "Teen Girl" characters, she actually looks to be in incredible physical condition- those titanic stems actually look fit enough to do some damage.

-Fighting Style: Elena has the same general stats as a lot of the "Girl Fighters", packing a bit more raw athleticism onto her build. Her Special Moves are all really just "Highly Flashy Kicks", and don't need to be statted up differently- every one of them involves her jumping in with spin-kicks. The exceptions are the Lynx Tail & Spin Scythe, both of which are your standard "Multiattack" moves- she spins around a LOT, often doing multiple hits in combos. Her athletics and... uh... flexibility, mean that she has some incredible range, often putting her entire body into her attacks. As such, she fits a PL 8.5 offensive, PL 9 defensive character. Unlike most SFers, she possesses the ability to Heal using her Super Arts- she can gain up to a quarter Health using a Distracting move.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.