Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Elloe K.

Post by Jabroniville »

ELLOE KAIFI
Created By:
Greg Pak & Carlo Pagulayan
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #94 (June 2006)
Role: Melee Fighter
Group Affiliations: The Warbound
PL 11 (152)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+11)
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Animal Handling) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+7)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Perception 6 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+10)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 3 (+8)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Benefit (Ambidexterity), Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Equipment 2 (Swords or Spears +2- Penetrating 5), Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Sword), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Seize Initiative, Takedown, Teamwork, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +13 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Weapons +13 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +7 (+8 D.Roll), Fortitude +8, Will +7

Complications:
Obsession (Destroying the Imperials)- Elloe's father and lover were killed by the Red King's forces, and so she hates them specifically more than most of the others.
Responsibility (The Hulk, Warbound)

Total: Abilities: 90 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 15 (152)

-Elloe was the least-used and most hard to figure out of the Warbound. One of the main race on Sakaar, "The Imperials", she was the daughter of a senator who spoke out against the Red King that ruled the continent, and was killed as a result. Left with the other Warbound to survive, she lived mostly by luck early on, but her natural athleticism allowed her to eventually become a great fighter. Having some vague "I hate the Empire" mentality, she was usually the most bloodthirsty warrior, and came into her own nicely, though was still a barely "Peak Human" fighter.

-All of a sudden, during World War Hulk, she was wearing some kind of armour, was breaking people's katanas like they were nothing, and she summarily whupped SPIDER-MAN, Hawkeye/Ronin and Echo, which were some crazy-ass feats of power. And then her character basically vanished after the story's end, being by far the most "background" of the Warbound after the fact.

-I've determined that the armour Elloe was wearing is a full-blown Device, because it allowed her to defeat some fighters she had NO business taking out (freakin' SPIDER-MAN?) otherwise, and she certainly wasn't capable of breaking swords with her hands before that. Later on, she got a power boost while aiding the team against The Leader, and no longer needs the Device. Prior to that, her physical stats were STR 3, STA 4 & AGI 6. So she ends up being a PL 11 fighter leaning towards accuracy.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Danger Man

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:51 pm Image

DANGER MAN 
Created By:
Dan Slott & Juan Bobillo
First Appearance: She-Hulk #2 (June 2004)
It was stuff like this that I liked about the original She-Hulk book, actually fleshing out superhero laws and the like. It also was something that demonstrated why Civil War was ultimately so stupid. Multiple Marvel Books had, over the course of the years, shown that laws did exist to allow for superheroes, vigilantes, and so on. She-Hulk's book was dedicated to superhero law. Yet Millar wrote the scenario like this was the first major catastrophe to hit the Marvel Universe and the fist time civilians were harmed because of a super villain. That, plus writing the characters as assholes (Tony), obsessed (Cap), incredibly stupid (Hill) and introducing characters like Miriam Sharp as "I'm the NPC that will continue to justify Tony's actions". Seriously, something that would have been genius would have been to show that Miriam WAS a Skrull designed to escalate things.

But the idea of a guy getting superpowers and NOT WANTING them was some cool, because it runs counter to every nerd impulse we've got. If any of us would have gotten superpowers, we would have started training to master them and apply for Avengers membership. This guy didn't want them, didn't learn how to control them, and accidentally hurt people because of that lack of control, and wanted them gone. For all we know, this guy could have been a Thor class powerhouse, but we'll never know because he never wanted that power to begin with.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Hiroim

Post by Jabroniville »

HIROIM THE SHAMED
Created By:
Greg Pak & Carlo Pagulayan
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #94 (June 2006)
Role: Melee Fighter
Group Affiliations: The Warbound
PL 11 (199)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+7)
Expertise (Arcane Lore) 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+12) -- Flaws: Limited to Earth Sciences
Expertise (Tactics) 12 (+14)
Expertise (Theology & Philosophy) 12 (+14)
Insight 7 (+12)
Investigation 4 (+9)
Perception 8 (+13)
Persuasion 4 (+5)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Smash, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 5, Ritualist, Set-Up, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Tracking, Trance, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Shadow People Physiology"
Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison) [3]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Desert) [2]

"Oldstrong Powers"
Senses 3 (Detect Magic, Detect Earth- Ranged) [3]

"Magic"
"Groundstrike" Affliction 11 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (17) -- [21]
  • AE: Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Simultaneous, Broad) (Flaws: Distracting, Requires Will Check) (12)
  • AE: "Earth Control" Move Object 12 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Distracting, Requires Will Check) (12)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both He & Target Must Be Touching Ground) (11)
  • AE: "Sonic Slam" Affliction 11 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (11)
"Stone Skin"
Features 3: Increased Mass 3 [3]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) [13]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Groundstrike +11 Area (+11 Affliction, DC 21)
Shockwave +11 Area (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12 (+5 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +9

Complications:
Reputation (Shamed Shadow Person)
Responsibility (The Oldstrong Powers)
Responsibility (The Hulk, Warbound)

Total: Abilities: 92 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 23 / Powers: 45 / Defenses: 9 (199)

-Hiroim fit in rather oddly into Hulk's world, being a mostly-silent monk-like warrior who was only slightly more powerful than most humans. He was the "quiet storm" type that still kicked ass and took names, though, and he was Team Philosopher (while Korg was "Exposition Guy" and Miek was "The Planning Guy"). By Planet Hulk's end, he'd gained the "Oldstrong Power" from the last remaining Shadow Person, which now made him hyper-strong and a powerful wizard on top of everything. He's one of the few Warbound to die in battle, in some post-WWH Earth-based story, transferring his Oldstrong powers to a human S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.

-Hiroim's PL 11 like the others, being at a lower level of power than Korg & Miek, but being more accurate. He has a ton of additional powers from his Oldstrong status, including Magic powerful enough to Nullify DOCTOR STRANGE's mystical safeguards (though it took him a considerable amount of time to do it- meaning his Magic isn't that expensive), and now he's strong enough to take Iron Fist's best punch with only a sore arm (and then K.O. Danny straight through a brick wall).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Wendigo

Post by Ares »

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:38 am Image

THE WENDIGO (Various Identities)
Created By:
Steve Engelhart & Herb Trimpe
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #162 (April 1973)
Role: Mindless Monster, Doctor Jekyll/Mister Hyde Archetype, Hulk/Wolvie Mirror-Image Foe
Group Affiliations: N/A
PL 12 (153)
Stuff like the Wendigo is something I love about comics Kitchen Sink approach, combining folklore and mythology with superheroes. It's one reason I think comics could easily have more mass appeal, as it's very easy for them to have an Urban Fantasy feel to them. Series like Supernatural and the Dresden Files could easily fit into something like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, or the Arrow/Flash-verse.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Jazinda! Wendigo! Rick Jones! Jarella! The Warbound!)

Post by Jabroniville »

What's weird, and kind of unfortunate, about posting these Warbound builds is that they scarcely have any updates to their history at all, despite me last posting them in 2012. Hell, their history is basically the same as it was in *2009*, when I built then for 2nd Edition!! eight friggin' years, they haven't added a single blip to most of these guys's histories! That is a LUDICROUS waste of perfectly-good new characters!

Keep in mind this is in a book that has often struggled for readers, and usually needs to build up a big cast around the main character.

I mean, say what you will about Chris Claremont's modern stuff (I know *I* do), but that guy was still willing to use new characters that he himself did not create. Dude made Bishop a big part of his X-Treme X-Men team, and used a handful of newbies for his Excalibur In Genosha book, too. Every other writer in comics seems to ignore everyone younger than 30 years old, just using the old guard instead.

It at least makes the re-posting easy- I normally wouldn't throw down six builds in a day, but they haven't changed one iota in all this time.
MacynSnow

Re: Doc Samson

Post by MacynSnow »

Blind_Pugh wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:04 pm
MacynSnow wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:26 pmSamson was actually one of my inspiration's for doing the whole "Duridverse":what would've happened to the guy if he was given a bigger part in the Marvel Universe....
Speaking as the world's only Dr Druid fan I'd love to read that project.
check out my Druidverse Thread,then(there's also one in my "quasi-Build" thread).
brothersale

Re: The List

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:00 am The To-Build List:
Hulks:
The Savage Hulk
The Grey Hulk
The Green Scar
Dr. Banner
She-Hulk
The Red Hulk/Thunderbolt Ross
The Red She-Hulk/Betsy Ross/Harpy
Lyra

NEW Hulk Builds:
The Hulk (1960s version)
Hulk 2099
The Maestro
Skaar
Hiro

Just Notes (they're not real characters):
Devil Hulk
Kluh

Good Guys:
Rick Jones/A-Bomb
The Pantheon
Glenn Talbot
The Warbound
Caiera
Doc Samson

New Good Guy Builds:
Sandra Verdugo
Jarella
Marlo Chandler

Bad Guys (Re-Posts With New Commentary):
The Abomination
Armageddon & Trauma
Xemnu the Titan
The U-Foes
Speed Freak
Frost
Zzzax
The Riot Squad
Blackbird
The Leader
Bi-Beast
Rock & Redeemer
Mercy
Wendigo

She-Hulk Foes (Re-Posts):
The Headmen
Ruby Thursday
Abominatrix
The Adrenazon
The Band of the Bland
Capt. Rectitude
The Word & Ultima
Titania

Bad Guys (New Builds):
Glorian
Dr. Scarabeus
Distorter
The Gamma Corps.
Gen. Ryker
Droog
Bereet
The Hulkbusters
The Missing Link
Tyrannus
Matriculum
Fragment
Gestalt
Captain Axis
Home Base
Galaxy Master
Glob
The Metal Master
Flux
Amphibion
Ravage
Piecemeal
nice list, may suggest adding a couple more for the sake of completeness (please note these are not requests, i am simply providing additional information as stated for completeness):

Hans Feldstadt (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix4/feld ... s_hulk.htm)
Spinach (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Spinach_(Earth-616))
The Outcasts (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Outcasts_( ... Earth-616))
Igor Drenkov (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Igor_Drenkov_(Earth-616))
Gargoyle I (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Yuri_Topolov_(Earth-616))
Madman (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Philip_Sterns_(Earth-616))
Gamma Corps: Black [Aberration, Morass, Axon] (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Gamma_Corp ... Earth-616))
Geiger (marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Delilah_Dearborn_(Earth-616))
Patchwork (http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/patchwrk.htm)
Randall Jessup (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Randall_Jessup_(Earth-616))
Vista (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Patricia_W ... Earth-616))
Teen Abomination (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Jamie_Carlson_(Earth-616))
Agent Pratt (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Agent_Pratt_(Earth-616))
The Mad Squad [Commander Amanda von Doom, Bridge, Mister Gor, B.R.A.I.N.] (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Mad_Squad_(Earth-616))
26 & 27 (http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/26_(Earth-616) & http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/27_(Earth-616))
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Some of those guys were on my original master list, so are being built anyways, like Madman & the Outcasts. Some are too minor to stat (Generic Russian Agent #52), while others were included because I thought they counted (Gamma Corps Black). Others have too little information to be worth statting (26 & 27). I'll look at the rest of the list, though.
Jabroniville

The Outcasts

Post by Jabroniville »

THE OUTCASTS
Created By:
Al Milgrom & Danny Bulanadi
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #329 (March 1987)
Role: Jobbers

-The Outcasts are a one-off band of mutated plants & animals, given radiation exposure from proximity to Gamma Base. They befriend the Rick Jones version of the Hulk (I guess he was... the Hulk at that time. This book is weird), after he protects them from some S.H.I.E.L.D. Agents. He leads the Outcasts to live underground, once he realizes that the government will not stop looking for them. They haven't appeared after this issue. They are largely unknowns, but are likely quite strong. Their names were only given in a 2007 Hulk bio-book.

The Roster:
ECH: Mutated cactus.
EEEK: Mutated mammal (unknown type).
FALCO: Mutated falcon.
GIL: Mutated Gila monster.
IGGO: Mutated rock creature.
KIR: Mutated bat.
KKK-KKK: Mutated ant.
RATTILORE: Mutated rattlesnake.
STING: Mutated scorpion.
VULT: Mutated vulture.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
brothersale

Post by brothersale »

Jabroniville wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:57 pm Some of those guys were on my original master list, so are being built anyways, like Madman & the Outcasts. Some are too minor to stat (Generic Russian Agent #52), while others were included because I thought they counted (Gamma Corps Black). Others have too little information to be worth statting (26 & 27). I'll look at the rest of the list, though.
I put Igor Drenkov in largely because he had since been mutated into insane protoplasmic monster that when up against the Winter Guard, hence was no longer just a generic russian spy (albeit a important figure in the marvel universe as his actions created the Hulk).
Jabroniville

Kate Waynesboro

Post by Jabroniville »

KATE WAYNESBORO
Created By:
Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #287 (Sept. 1983)
Role: Assistant Scientist
Group Affiliation: Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate, The Warbound
PL 9 (142)
STRENGTH
2/10 STAMINA 3/5 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (The Spy Game) 3 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 3 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 3 (+7)
Treatment 1 (+2)

Advantages:
Benefit 1 (S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent), Equipment 6 (Gear), Languages (A Few), Ranged Attack

Powers:
"Oldstrong Powers"
Senses 3 (Detect Magic, Detect Earth- Ranged) [3]
Enhanced Strength 8 [16]
Enhanced Stamina 2 [4]

"Magic"
"Groundstrike" Affliction 9 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Grounded Targets) Linked to Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (14) -- [18]
  • AE: Nullify Magic 12 (Extras: Simultaneous, Broad) (Flaws: Distracting, Requires Will Check) (12)
  • AE: "Earth Control" Move Object 10 (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Distracting, Requires Will Check) (10)
  • AE: "Shockwave" Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Both He & Target Must Be Touching Ground) (9)
  • AE: "Sonic Slam" Affliction 9 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (9)
"Stone Skin"
Features 3: Increased Mass 3 [3]
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 9) [13]

Equipment:
"Automatic Rifle" Blast 6 (Extras: Multiattack) (Inaccurate -1) (17) -- (20)
  • AE: "Standard Rifle Shot" Blast 6 (12)
  • AE: "Knife" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Improved Critical) (2)
  • AE: "Grenade" Blast 7 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Diminished Range -1) (20)
"Assorted Gear" (4)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Oldstrong Power +5 (+10 Damage, DC 20)
Pistol +6 (+5 Ranged Damage, DC 20)
Rifle +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Machine Gun +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Groundstrike +9 Area (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Shockwave +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5 (+10 Oldstrong), Fortitude +6, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (America, The World)- Though S.H.I.E.L.D. is supposedly an international organization, the President of the United States can disband it.

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 8 (142)

-Kate Waynesboro debuted as Bruce Banner's lab assistant in 1983, and she eventually hooked up with him. However, when Banner discovers she's also working for S.H.I.E.L.D. to keep "tabs" on him (he was then under control of the Hulk), he is quite mad. A.I.M. then kidnaps her, and turns her into a M.O.D.O.K., and sends her against the original- she refuses, and agrees to become his consort- she splits with him after he slays The Abomination as a demonstration of power- M.O.D.O.K. defends himself by undoing her transformation, in what I'm certain was a very bizarre story to read. She quits, then rejoins S.H.I.E.L.D., but ultimately disappears from the book for a couple of decades, only reappearing after World War Hulk. She is sent against the Warbound, but ends up teaming with the group against The Leader in his attempt to irradiate the world- she nearly dies, but is given the "Oldstrong Power" by a dying Hiroim. She has yet to master it, and hasn't appeared since she was captured by Norman Osborn's H.A.M.M.E.R. forces, which was quite a long time ago by this point.

-Kate is essentially a PL 6 S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent, upgraded to PL 9 with the power of the Oldstrong, which turned Shadow People like Hiroim & Caiera into PL 11 Powerhouses.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Re: Marlo

Post by HalloweenJack »

Ken wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:49 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:44 pm heels.

also you didn't mention the ghost.
How do heels make her head too big for her body?

And what ghost? I specifically mention the floating head on the top left - Captain Mar-Vell Jr.

heels will do that to you....er...not that I know or anything

ummm GHOST! yes ghost! ghost! the one smoking back there!
Jabroniville

Betty Banner

Post by Jabroniville »

THE RED SHE-HULK (Betty Ross-Banner, aka The Harpy)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #1 (May 1962), #168 (1973- Harpy), Vol. 2 #15 (2009- Red She-Hulk)
Role: Hero's Girlfriend, Powerhouse
Group Affiliations: The Defenders
PL 11 (213)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Deception 2 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Great Endurance, Improved Hold, Power Attack, Withstand Damage

Powers:
Power Lifting 3 (1,600 tons) [3]
Leaping 10 (2 miles) [10]
Impervious Toughness 13 [13]
Immunity 16 (Heat, Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Poison, Disease, Radiation Effects) [16]
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) [7]

"Super-Strength Feats"
"The Hottest One There Is" Heat Aura 8 (32) -- [37]
AE: "Thunderclap" Dazzle Hearing 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Distracting) (24)
AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 11 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (22)
AE: "Groundstrike Line" Affliction 11 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (22)
AE: "Shockwave" Damage 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (24)
AE: "Punch Through Dimensional Barriers" Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2) (Flaws: Uncontrolled) (2)

"Drain Gamma Powers" Affliction 8 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed to Powerless) (Extras: Cumulative, Reaction +3) (Flaws: Limited to Radiation-Based or Originated Powers) [32]

"Big-Ass Sword" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [9]
Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2, Reach) (Extras: Penetrating 10) (15 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Strength Feats +11 Area (+11 Affliction/Damage, DC 21/26)
Big-Ass Sword +7 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +13 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +13, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Bruce Banner)- The two were deeply involved, and married for a number of years.
Normal Identity (Betty Ross)- If Betty is startled or lowers her levels of anger, she may revert back to the under-powered Betty Banner. Betty's stats are ST 0, STA 1, AGI 2, FIGHTING 4, PRE 2.
Involuntary Transformation (Angry)- If made too angry, Betty will lose control, and go wild. Her strength will increase, but she is no longer in control of her actions.

Total: Abilities: 98 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 95 / Defenses: 9 (213)

-Betty Ross debuted as your standard Stan Lee Heroine- an introverted, shy young girl with a '60s haircut and a sweet-but-weepy disposition. There was the added caveat that she was the daughter of the Hulk's worst enemy, "Thunderbolt" Ross, and her love for Bruce Banner was a major complication. Eventually they split when he turned into the Hulk during their wedding, and she eventually (after she overhears Bruce moaning "Jarella... my love...") married Major Glenn Talbot instead. Later, she was captured by M.O.D.O.K. and turned into The Harpy. Talbot got kidnapped, mind-wiped and eventually just turned out to be a douche, so they divorced (he later died trying to kill the Hulk). She & Bruce reconciled (she confessed to always having loved him, even during her marriage to Talbot), but they split again when he "gained control" over the Hulk, instead of finally putting an end to it.

-FINALLY, the pair married when Bruce & the Hulk were separated from each other, and the two were wed for a number of years. When her father died and Bruce became the Hulk after temporarily losing the ability, they had difficulties, however, and she lost a pregnancy after being captured by The Leader (Peter David nearly walked from the book over the miscarriage, as Editorial forced him to have Betty miscarry because it would "age" the characters). Then she was "killed", being put into cryo-stasis after getting radiation poisoning from a source believed to be Bruce. Because comics are WEIRD. One of my close friends in College, being a huge Hulk fan, walked away from comics due to this storyline- Betty's death having basically broken him as a reader.

-Betty was briefly brought back, but it was retconned away (somethin' stupid about Nightmare dream-raping her to make his daughter "Daydream"), and she came back FOR REALS as "The Red She-Hulk", possibly the goofiest Jeph Loeb idea YET. She was brought back by The Leader & M.O.D.O.K. at the behest of the resurrected Thunderbolt Ross, who made her a Red Hulk just like him- much like Ross/Rulk, the fans pretty much guessed the identity immediately, but Marvel kind of threw some random names in there (including Domino of all people) as Red Herrings. Ultimately, yeah, it was Betty, back from the dead. She accepted that she & Bruce were separated (since she was dead and he was married to Caiera), but eventually hooked back up. Because, like I said, comics are WEIRD. She briefly appeared in the new Defenders series, but this was yet another "Matt Fraction On An Off-Day" books, and it was so bad I just dropped the thing within a few issues. She was eventually De-Hulked by the "Doc Green" version of Banner, and then he died- she hasn't been seen in a bit.

-Overall, Betty was kind of a "Typical Girlfriend" character for a long time, and bounced around the stories as nobody could seem to find a static thing for her to do. When her and Bruce FINALLY tied the knot, it was at the end of an excruciating, long-form "Will They Or Won't They?" plot that covered twenty-five years of stories, which is silly even for comic books. I mean, as TV writer Ken Levine has pointed out, eventually you have to shit or get off the pot with these things. It's ridiculous that adults would fart around the subject for that long.

-As the Red She-Hulk, Betty is remarkably strong, but can still be beaten by regular She-Hulk, so she's not in the super-elite Hulk-Tier or anything. She's basically just another big, strong Brick, albeit with some Red Hulk powers, like an Aura, along with the ability to slowly drain Gamma-powered characters (which would devastate many of her opponents after a point).

THE HARPY (Betty Ross)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #1 (May 1962), #168 (1973- Harpy), Vol. 2 #15 (2009- Red She-Hulk)
Role: Hero's Girlfriend, Hyde-Monster Form
PL 11 (135)
STRENGTH
11 STAMINA 12 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Intimidation 11 (+9)
Ranged Combat (Nuclear Blasts) 10 (+10)

Advantages:
Chokehold, Diehard, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Claws) 2, Improved Hold, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
Nuclear Blasts 12 (24) -- [25]
AE: "Super-Claws" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (10)

Flight 6 (120 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [6]
Impervious Toughness 7 [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+11 Damage, DC 26)
Claws +10 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Nuclear Blasts +10 (+12 Ranged Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +12 (+4 Impervious), Fortitude +12, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Bruce Banner)- The two were deeply involved, and married for a number of years.
Normal Identity (Betty Ross)- If Betty is startled or lowers her levels of anger, she may revert back to the under-powered Betty Banner. Betty's stats are ST 0, STA 1, AGI 2, FIGHTING 4, PRE 2.
Involuntary Transformation (Angry)- If made too angry, Betty will lose control, and go wild. Her strength will increase, but she is no longer in control of her actions.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 11 (135)

-When Betty was The Harpy, she was strong enough to provide a dangerous challenge to The Hulk (and remember, back then he had a MUCH more difficult time attaining uber-strength, and was much lower ordinarily), packing Claws & Blasts on one lethal package. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Glob I & II

Post by Jabroniville »

GLOB I (Joseph Timms)
Created By:
Roy Thomas & Herb Trimpe
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #121 (Nov. 1969)
Role: Giant Monster
Group Affiliations: S.H.I.E.L.D.
PL 9 (91)
STRENGTH
12 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+8 Size)
Perception 4 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Piercing & Slashing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to 1/4 Effect) [30]
Immunity 4 (Aging, Drowning, Starvation & Thirst) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +12, Fortitude +10, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Giant Monster)

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 12 (91)

-Joe Timms was a small-time criminal who drowned in a swamp bog, and transformed by radioactive waste into a shambling monster named Swamp Thi--- I mean Glob. Seriously, this guy predates the similar Swamp Thing & Man-Thing by a couple of years- there must be a mutual source somewhere in the Horror or Sci-Fi genres. As Glob, he fought the Hulk after threatening his damsel in distress (Betty), but was destroyed by some anti-radiation fluid in the swamp waters. He was resurrected shortly thereafter by The Leader, and sent against the Hulk again- he was blown up by an explosion. His brain later reformed as "The Golden Brain", and was used by a weird cult against the Man-Thing- it was then placed onto a blond-haired man, who became a new version of Glob. Later, Hulk & Man-Thing freed Glob from the Collector's collection. He was later recruited into S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Paranormal Containment Unit in modern times, having been forgotten for ages.

-Glob isn't very accurate in combat, but is extremely hard to injure (particularly to a limited attacker like the Hulk). His Immunities mean he can actually do a lot of damage just through attrition.

GLOB II (Sumner Samuel Beckwith)
Created By:
Tom Field & Gary Barker
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #389 (Jan. 1992)
Role: Giant Monster
Group Affiliations: The Pantheon
PL 8 (87)
STRENGTH
10 STAMINA 10 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -3 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Intimidation 10 (+8 Size)
Perception 4 (+2)

Advantages:
Fast Grab

Powers:
"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]
Immunity 40 (Bludgeoning, Piercing & Slashing Damage) (Flaws: Limited to 1/4 Effect) [30]
Immunity 4 (Aging, Drowning, Starvation & Thirst) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +10, Fortitude +10, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Giant Monster)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 14--7 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 39 / Defenses: 12 (87)

-A second Glob was created when a Pantheon scientist injected himself with an experimental Super-Soldier Serum (man, there's a LOT of origins out there like that), then naturally went crazy and fought the Hulk. It was incinerated by the Man-Thing's fear-afflicting touch. He appeared to be much weaker than the original, and was no physical threat to the Hulk. His appearance in the middle of Peter David's run, by a different creator, makes me think he was just part of a "Fill-In" issue.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

One-Off Hulk Foes

Post by Jabroniville »

ONE-OFF HULK FOES
Role:
One-Off Threats
Group Affiliations: None
PL 8 (66)
STRENGTH
0/12 STAMINA 0/12 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Intimidation 4 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
Enhanced Strength & Stamina 12 [48]
Leaping 2 (15 feet) [2]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +12, Fortitude +12, Will +2

Total: Abilities: 8 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 6 (66)

-The Hulk fights a LOT of guys like this- villains who come in, briefly gain Hulk-ish Strength, fight the Green Goliath for a round or two, then lose. Really, it's the default "Lazy-Ass Hulk Story" most writers fall back to. Rather than create multiple builds from Brothersale's list there, or just blow them all off as "unimportant", it's time for my favorite way of getting multiple uninteresting doofuses out of the way- TEMPLATE TIME!!!

AGENT PRATT- PL 8 (75): Regeneration 8 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [9]
-Agent Pratt was a Special Agent who gained Hulk-like powers and an obese physique after taking some of Banner's blood.

26 & 27- PL 8 (59): INT -3, PRE -3, Survival 4 (+4), Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Last Stand (Ignores Damage for 1 Rd w/ HP Spent) [-7]
-A pair of gamma-irradiated wild boars.

DOCTOR HANS FELDSTADT- PL 8 (83): INT 5, Science 6 (+11), Technology 6 (+11), Inventor [17]
-A one-shot Scientist who was a specialist in the field of radiation. He was asked for help by Bruce Banner, but acted like a douche about it. Ultimately, a machine he was working on exploded and gave him temoprary super-powers, allowing him to fight the Hulk for a bit before he got beaten. He was thought killed, but apparently survived. He's never reappeared.

IGOR DRENKOV- PL 8 (95): INT 2, AWA 2, PRE 3, Deception 4 (+7), Expertise (Spy) 6 (+9), Extra Limbs 10 [29]
-The very first enemy the Hulk ever faced, Igor Drenkov was a Soviet spy sent to mess with the initial Gamma Bomb test that created the Hulk in the first place. He was thrown in jail in his first appearance, and literally did not make an appearance for thirty years until the Pantheon brought Hulk back into contact with him. Igor had by that point been driven insane by nighmares brought on by what he'd done. He was later turned into a multi-tentacled gamma creature that killed a Crimson Dynamo before being brought down by the Winter Guard, Russia's superhero team.

PATCHWORK- PL 9 (41): ST & STA +1, All Powers Have Source: Gamma Radiation [-25]
-Patchwork appeared in the Doc Samson Limited Series- a messed-up kid who was traumatised when his abusive grandmother caught him with some dirty magazines, his gamma-empowerment (from a science experiment gone wrong) turned him into a killer of women, involving skinning them (Man, what is it with serial killers and SKIN?). He was finally beaten when they drained him of radiation.

RANDALL JESSUP- PL 9 (80): INT 3, Expertise (Science) 4 (+7), ST & STA +2 (Source- Anger From Others), Leaping +2 [14]
-During Marvel's big "Inhumans" push, it seemed like every book had to have a "Mandatory Inhuman Appearance" to promote the new series. Jessup was on Bruce Banner's science team, and a member of S.H.I.E.L.D.- he was transformed into a chaotic Hulk-like creature and went on the rampage. The Hulk beat him by "overloading" him with rage, and was working on a cure for his condition.

SPINACH- PL 8 (80): INT 5, Science 6 (+11), Inventor [14]
-An entrepeneur/mad scientist who developed an inhaler to give him temporary super-strength. He was beaten by the Hulk after attempting to advertise his product by fighting him.

TEEN ABOMINATION- PL 8 (66):
-A kid who was next to a gamma explosion when he was little, and grew into an Abomination-type character in the Iron Man book during the "Extremis Armor" years. His initial transformation rendered his mother comatose (he thought she was dead). He apparently had quite a bit less strength, and was nowhere near as large, as Tony easily defeated him with a Uni-Beam and smacking him with the Iron Man helmet.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:54 am, edited 3 times in total.