Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
HalloweenJack

Re: Jab's Builds! (Skaar! Hiro! Glorian! Ryker! The Gamma Corps!)

Post by HalloweenJack »

The master doesn't like children......
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Curbludgeon wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:47 pm Torgo was most recently seen in the CM Punk-written Drax series, from which the second picture above is drawn.
Weird. Wikipedia is usually more up-to-date than that. Which is why modern characters have Wikipedia pages that read like "OK, so Rogue's entire history before 2004 is summed up in these three paragraphs. Everything from 2004 on is explained with one paragraph per three months of comics, so the bio after that looks like the appendix of a Tolkien book."
Jabroniville

Gargoyle

Post by Jabroniville »

THE GARGOYLE I (Yuri Topolov)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Steve Ditko
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk #1 (May 1962)
Role: Evil Genius, Freak
Group Affiliations: The Soviet Union
PL 2 (62)
STRENGTH
-2 STAMINA -1 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 4 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 3/7 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 7 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 10 (+17)
Expertise (Current Events) 4 (+11)
Insight 3 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 5 (+7)
Technology 10 (+17)
Vehicles 6 (+6)

Advantages: 
Inventor, Ranged Attack 9

Powers:
"Radiation-Based Intelligence Boost" Enhanced Intelligence 4 [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +4 (-2 Damage, DC 13)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness -1, Fortitude +2, Will +5

Complications:
Responsibility (Russian Agent)
Prejudice (Dwarf)- The Gargoyle is hideously-deformed, and very small.
Enemy (The Hulk)

Total: Abilities: 12 / Skills: 44--22 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 10 (62)

-The Gargoyle was the first super-villain the Hulk ever faced- an evil Russian scientist who was deformed by radiation. He initially fought the Hulk many times, but eventually Banner was able to cure him of his deformities. Out of gratitude, the ex-villain sacrificed his life in order to kill several Soviet generals (aka "Stan Lee's Favorite Trope- Villains Making Heroic Sacrifices"). His son, The Gremlin, would inherit the deformity and genius, and become the Titanium Man over in Iron Man's book.

-The Gargoyle is... basically the exact same as my Gremlin/Titanium Man build, minus the armored suit. I mean, come on- he's the same dude.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Geiger

Post by Jabroniville »

GEIGER (Delilah "Dee Dee" Dearborn)
Created By:
Dan Slott & Ken Lashley
First Appearance: Doc Samson #1 (Jan. 1996)
Role: Power-Copier
Group Affiliations: The Initiative
PL 4 (115), PL 12 (115) When Copying Powers
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Expertise (Science) 2 (+5)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
None

Powers:
"Gamma-Copier" Variable 16 (Flaws: Limited to Gamma-Based Powers -2, Powers Are Uncontrolled) [64]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Gamma Strength +5 (+12-19 Damage, DC 27-34)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5, Parry +5, Toughness +3 (+10-18 Gamma Powers), Fortitude +3 (+8-14 Gamma Powers), Will +3

Complications:
Quirk (Gains Personalities)- Delilah will gain the personality of whichever Gamma-Powered Being she is close to, as well as their powers. Some of these guys are major-league douchenozzles, so this can be a problem.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 64 / Defenses: 3 (115)

-A Gamma Accelerator accident turned Dee Dee Dearborn (naturally, her first name is DELILAH) into a superhuman whose power is the ability to mimic the powers of any Gamma-Powered Being in the vicinity. This intense limitation pretty much makes her useless unless she's on a team with at least Doc Samson or somebody, but given what's happened to the Hulk under Jeph Loeb, Greg Pak & Paul Jenkins, it might just barely be a -1 Flaw after all! There's a MILLION of those buggers these days! As Geiger, she has a REALLY high power-cap, but is still highly-untrained- KIA effortlessly defeats her in The Initiative, and she vanished onto New Mexico's team- The Mavericks- quite shortly thereafter. She hasn't been seen in more than a one-off "Background Character" shot since The Initiative was cancelled.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I recall the original Gargoyle showing up as a minion for The Leader in the 90s Hulk cartoon.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

And with the last upcoming build, we've reached the end of the "Hulk" set! Aka "900 Class 100s". Though i gotta say, it kicked a pretty good hole in The List. Names like Piecemeal, Gestalt, Galaxy Master- they're FINALLY done! After this one last guy, I'll be re-posting The New Men & The High Evolutionary, followed by The Rangers! Then it'll be a handful of Golden Agers (featuring The Twelve), the "A" section of The List, and then Excalibur!
Batgirl III

Post by Batgirl III »

At least until you get sidetracked by the next Disney Pixar movie.
BARON wrote:I'm talking batgirl with batgirl. I love you internet.
Jabroniville

The Maestro

Post by Jabroniville »

THE MAESTRO (Dr. Bruce Banner, aka The Hulk)
Created By:
Peter David & George Perez
First Appearance: The Incredible Hulk- Future Imperfect #1 (Dec. 1992)
Role: Future Mirror Image Villain
Group Affiliations: The Avengers, The Defenders, The Pantheon, The Warbound, The New Fantastic Four, The Hulkbusters
Avengers Grade: D-Level (only a few issues)
PL 15 (310)
STRENGTH
19 STAMINA 17 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 8 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 3 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+16)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+22) -- Flaws: Limited to Radiation
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 14 (+18 Size)
Perception 6 (+9)
Persuasion 4 (+7)
Technology 6 (+14)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages: 
Accurate Attack, All-Out Attack, Animal Empathy, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Extraordinary Effort, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 3, Improved Critical (Big-Ass Sword), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improved Smash, Improvised Weapon, Interpose, Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round w/ HP Spent), Power Attack, Startle, Takedown 2, Ultimate Strength & Toughness Checks, Withstand Damage (Trade Defenses For Toughness)

Powers:
"The Strongest One There Is"
Power Lifting 6 (800,000 tons) [6]
Leaping 11 (4 miles) [11]
Protection 2 (Extras: Impervious 17) [19]
Immunity 13 (Heat, Cold, Radiation, Pressure, Poison, Disease, Suffocation 2, Radiation Damage) [13]
Immunity 10 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [5]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrowth) [11]

"Natural Size" Growth 2 (Str & Sta +2, +2 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -2 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [5]

"Super-Strength Feats"
"Shockwave" Damage 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Both Grounded) (45) -- [50]
  • AE: "Thunderclap" Dazzle Hearing 14 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Touch Range, Distracting) (42)
  • AE: "Groundstrike" Affliction 14 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Burst +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (42)
  • AE: "Groundstrike Line" Affliction 14 (Dodge; Hindered/Prone) (Extras: Area- 120ft. Line +3) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Instant Recovery, Limited to Ground) Linked to Damage 14 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) (42)
  • AE: "Super-Breath" Move Object 15 (Extras: Area- 120ft. Cone +2) (Flaws: Limited to One Direction) (30)
  • AE: Penetrating Strength Damage 13 (13)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+20 Damage, DC 35)
Assorted Strength Feats +14-15 Area (+14-15 Damage/Affliction, DC 27/22 to 30/25)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +17 (+9 Impervious), Fortitude +17, Will +13

Complications:
Motivation (Power)- The Maestro, bitter at an unfair world, seeks only to rule everything.
Enemy (The Hulk)

Total: Abilities: 116 / Skills: 52--26 / Advantages: 26 / Powers: 121 / Defenses: 22 (310)

-The Maestro is the culmination of Peter David's Future Imperfect book... one of those highly-thought-of books I've never read. In it, the Hulk ends up a hundred years into the future- a world ravaged by nuclear war. He meets the Maestro- a future version of himself, empowered by the radiation and turned into a dictator. Stronger than the Hulk and as smart as Banner, he is exceptionally dangerous, and easily defeats the "Professor" version of the Hulk. The Maestro breaks the Hulk's neck, then shows him around the city in order to turn the guy to his side. It doesn't work, and the Hulk soon throws Maestro into a rebel base, where their time machine brings him to the very point where the Gamma Bomb creates the Hulk- somehow, he is killed in the blast.

-The Maestro later returns, having absorbed radiation from the Hulk every time he returns to the point where he was created (something he does periodically), but the Hulk buries him under a rockslide when he attempts to control The Destroyer armor against him, where his emaciated form is trapped. The "Doc Green" Hulk willingly loses his intelligence, fearing the origin of the "Maestro" personality.

-The character has proven to be quite the legend- Evil Future Versions are a bit rare in comics (which usually goes to Alternate Universes), and the story was apparently quite well-done, to the point where it's constantly referenced even today. The Maestro received a few Retcons as assorted time-travelling heroes have encountered him (The Exiles, Genis-Vell), and he played a big part in the recent Secret Wars: Battleworld event. He even got to survive the event, being rescued by The Collector, who makes the villain work for him, and ultimately keeps in his collection when the new hero Outlaw stops Maestro's scheme to kill the Collector and rule the renewed Battleworld.

-The Maestro is basically a stronger Hulk with Banner's intellect- a dangerous combination that puts him on the level of the Green Scar Hulk physically- more than even the Professor Hulk can take in a fair fight.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Gamma Corps! Torgo! Geiger! The Maestro!)

Post by Jabroniville »

And that's it for the Hulk builds! Capping it off with a PL 15 super-menace that could go one-on-one with any superhero alive- even Marvel's 10,000 Supermanalogues!

PS https://calgaryexpo.com/

The Comic Expo's getting some pretty decent talent this time around, though I've still not heard of most of them. JOHN CUSACK, though. Always my hero, since I saw Say Anything (ain't no scene ever surpassed that goddamn boombox, man). Nathan Fillion, of course (he's local-ish). Will Friedle, who I think was there last year as well, or at Edmonton- I forget. Not as much of a line as you'd expect for ERIC MATTHEWS (also, I guess Batman Beyond). Oh shit, Rider "Shawn" Strong, too? I wonder if his lips are as dreamy in real life as they were in that show?

Holy shit, though- PRINCESS JASMINE. And Colm Meaney! And Kevin Sorbo (from Hercules and "That Godawful Star Trek Ripoff nobody saw")! And Jeremy "Hawkeye" Renner!

I also need to think of a thousand questions to ask JIM SHOOTER, one of the most controversial guys in comics. God, I wonder if he's why there's so little Marvel talent there this time around.

Oh hell, Brooke McEldowney, too. The world's biggest leg fetishist, and the creator of the most pretentious comic strip ever (9 Chickweed Lane). But he draws MILFs so I forgive him.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Sweet- I finally got the classic Marvel Two-In-One that happened just AFTER Ben had his classic fight against The Champion of the Universe. OK, so The Thing is holed up in the hospital, being cared for by a vicious nurse and the worried FF, going insane with boredom. Naturally, as he's famous and vulnerable, every supervillain around starts coming out of the woodwork to either kill him or abduct him. And it's a veritable Murderer's Row of Jobber Villains, as writer Tom DeFalco is clearly both in love with these goofs, and sees no problem in humiliating them. You can see why he & Mark Gruenwald were friends- Mark would personally kill 70% of these idiots via The Scourge of the Underworld.

To Order:
* The Mad Thinker narrates to his android about how he KNOWS that this time, The Thing is doomed. ONE VILLAIN will break through, "and this time, the Human Factor- the X Factor- will not save him!"

* Mirage is the first to try, and is defeated by Daredevil. As you might imagine, his holographic projector is rather ineffective.

* The Mole Man invades with a mole-tank. But he's seen off by Dr. Donald Blake, once he assumes his Godly guise.

* The Hijacker drives in with a super-tank, which is easily flown-through by Iron Man, who even talks about how outclassed the vehicle is.

* Fabian Stankowitz, future Avengers tech-guy, is in his villainous form, but easily beaten by Spider-Man.

* Shellshock is effortlessly defeated by Ant-Man, who dodges his laser gun (which the villain was all proud of), then covers him with ants, sending him running away.

* Captain America of all people has the most trouble, as he stuns all four Grapplers in short order, but Screaming Mimi's sonic cry staggers him, and he's saved from all four by the arrival of the X-Men!

* Doctor Doom admits that many villains will be going against The Thing, but of course, in the Doomiest way possible, says that such things are beneath him. "Doom does not assault helpless invalids!"

The heroes all meet up together (is that Omega the Unknown I see in the bottom of that panel?), but soon discover that all the villains (did they just LET THEM GO? Why are they still free?) have instead gathered together, alongside OTHERS- suddenly we get The Melter, Mirage, Fabian, MODOK, Constrictor, The Grapplers, The Mole Man and The Rhino all stomping down the street, as the entire assemblage of heroes wades in on them- Namor disarms the Mole Man, Thor takes on some Moloids & Fabian, Sasquatch tosses some robot-lookin' thing I don't recognize, The Rhino goes up against the Hulk (and is oddly twice the Hulk's size, and about five times larger than Colossus), and more!

The Thinker turns out to be right- one villain DOES sneak past everyone. Only it's THE SANDMAN! And instead of fighting, he offers Benjy some brews and some stogies- he says he owes Ben for helping him turn his life around and go straight, so he figured to cheer the guy up with some of the good stuff!

Terrific story, with the best use of terrible villains.
Jabroniville

The New Men

Post by Jabroniville »

THE KNIGHTS OF WUNDAGORE:

-And now for another legendary entry into the annals of Marvel Jobberdom- The Knights of Wundagore! Or the New Men. Or whichever name they're calling them these days!

These guys are a pretty classic case of comic book weirdness, debuting with their master, The High Evolutionary, in a Thor comic from Stan 'n' Jack in the mid-1960s. It was a wild & wacky storyline, featuring the Evolutionary creating a mini-race of Animal People (Kirby made them look like really fat-headed ugly people with some peach-fuzz- later writers would make them straight-up animal-headed people), but one of them went bad- The Man-Beast. The villain was beaten, and the H.E. flew off-planet to found Wundagore II with his New Men (who were occasionally called Knights and given proper courtly titles), but the next stories involved the plotline getting CRAZIER AND CRAZIER.

The Official Handbook outlines the increasing insanity- the New Men revolt on Wundagore II and get de-volved back by the H.E., he gained Godlike power, then he then creates Counter-Earth in our own solar system, Man-Beast returns, the Wundagore II New Men re-evolve, H.E. fought The Avengers and disappeared, H.E. creates The New Immortals from Thor's cells, then abandons them, and Man-Beast turns the New Men into "Ani-Mutants" and the New Immortals are beaten. Then the Animen (new New Men) fight The Cult of the Jackal (created by Miles "The Jackal" Warren, a Spider-Man foe), Quicksilver gets his own series that involves the lot of them, The Acolytes kill some, White Tiger gets created, and then Modred killed a bunch.

Their backstory is so muddled that the a very recent story featuring the New Men- The Defenders- completely ignores all the history and just points out that they're animal-people living on Mount Wundagore in Transia (ie. Romania but not really). And then Uncanny Avengers uses them on Counter-Earth, simply going "We keep getting killed and reborn every time our master finds a flaw in his creations".

So what do they mean to The Marvel Universe? Well, basically nothing- they're just Background Mooks, and one of Kirby's goofier and less-used Silver Age ideas, especially thanks to all of their ridiculously-silly punny-animal names like Pih-junn and Tagar and Lyan and stuff). A few of them have a good deal of characterization (oddly enough, the non-combatant COW-LADY of the group is the most well-thought-out character), while most of them just show up in the background. The High Evolutionary had a huge Evolutionary War Cross-Over mess in one year of Summer Annuals, in which he was defeated one after the other by pretty much every super-hero in the Marvel Universe, which kind of... de-valued his star as a super-villain, ya know? Kinda hard to be taken seriously when you have god-like power but ALL your plans are easily-unfurled. The Evolutionary himself is often on the side of good, but more often acts as a dispassionate observer and experimenter, often cruelly-abandoning his charges, or ignoring people in need.

So these builds will include all the most-famous New Men, as well as a bunch of lesser members, additions to a set of Templates.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Am I just seeing it wrong, or is the sleeve on Geiger's shirt really screwed up?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:31 pm Am I just seeing it wrong, or is the sleeve on Geiger's shirt really screwed up?
Looks fine to me. It is just one of those magical adhering textiles from comicland. It seems to be a "sleeveless" shirt with an extra bit following the shape of her deltoid, not a normal sleeve.
Jabroniville

The New Men (Mooks)

Post by Jabroniville »

NEW MEN (Sucky Ones)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Thor #135 (Dec. 1966)
Role: Mooks, Freaks
PL 5 (62)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Expertise (Knight) 3 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+4)
Perception 2 (+2)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 8 (Knights' Gear), Ranged Attack 3, Teamwork

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

Equipment:
"Blaster" Blast 6 (12) -- (13)
  • AE: "Knightly Weapon" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach) (4)
"Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Knight-Cycle" Motorcycle with Flight 6 (120 mph) (22)

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Weapon +5 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Blaster +4 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +2 (+4 Armour), Fortitude +4, Will +2

Complications:
Prejudice (Freaks)- The New Men are all animal-hybrids, and cannot pass for ordinary.

Total: Abilities: 30 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 6 (62)

SAMPLE NEW MEN:
Lord Porga (uplifted Pig)- PL 5 (62): No Boosts [0]
-Sir Porga was an early recurring character, though his goofy appearance (he looked like a really fat, round-headed human) and lack of combat ability led to him being an early fatality.
Bobo (uplifted Chimpanzee)- PL 5 (66): Athletics 2 (+8), Expertise (Law) 6 (+8) [4]
-An employee at She-Hulk's law firm of Goodman, Lieber, Kurtzburg & Holliway.
Reynardo (uplifted Fox)- PL 5 (68): Senses 4 (Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing), Expertise (Religion) 4 (+6) [6]
-There were actually TWO Fox New Men with near-exact similar names. Not lot of originality there. One was a Priest, the other (below) a Man-Beast follower.
Sir Gote (uplifted Goat)- PL 5 (62): No Boosts [0]
Monck (uplifted Gibbon)- PL 5 (63): Athletics 2 (+8) [1]
Sir Hogg (uplifted Pig)- PL 5 (62): No Boosts [0]
Civit (uplifted Civet)- PL 5 (69): Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing), Speed 2 (4 mph), "Cat Agility" Athletics 4 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing), Leaping 1 (15 feet) [7]
Sir Ferret (uplifted Ferret)- PL 5 (63): Senses 1 (Extended Scent) [1]
Lycrus (uplifted Wolf)- PL 5 (66): Senses 4 (Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [4]
Phrogg (uplifted Frog)- PL 5 (70): Stealth 4 (+9), Leaping 2 (30 feet), Deception 8 (+8) [8]
-Phrogg spied on Porcunis' resistance for Kohbra.
Sir Hystrix (uplifted Porcupine)- PL 5 (70): "Quills" Damage Aura 2 [8]

THE MAN-BEAST'S AGENTS:
Eaglus (uplifted Eagle)- PL 5 (63): Senses 1 (Extended Vision) [1]
Haukk (uplifted Hawk)- PL 5 (63): Senses 1 (Extended Vision) [1]
Pih-Junn (uplifted Pigeon)- PL 5 (62): No Boosts [62]
Rohdan (uplifted Rat)- PL 5 (63): Senses 1 (Extended Scent) [1]
Snakar (uplifted Snake)- PL 5 (65): Senses 2 (Infravision, Extended Scent), Improved Hold [3]
Barachuudar (uplifted Barracuda)- PL 5 (66): Swimming 2 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) [4]
Equius (uplifted Horse)- PL 5 (65): Strength & Stamina +1, Fighting -1, Dodge -1, Speed 2 (8 mph) [3]
Weezhil (uplifted Weasel)- PL 5 (66): Senses 4 (Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [4]
Reynar (uplifted Fox)- PL 5 (66): Senses 4 (Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [4]

THE CULT OF THE JACKAL:
Caiman (uplifted Cayman)- PL 5 (66): Swimming 2 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect), "Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 [66]
Piranis (uplifted Piranha)- PL 5 (66): Swimming 2 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure) [66]
Anubia (uplifted Fox)- PL 5 (66): Awareness +2, Expertise (Religion) 4 (+6), Senses 4 (Extended Scent, Tracking- Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [72]
-Priestess of the Cult.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jabroniville

The New Men (Medium Level)

Post by Jabroniville »

NEW MEN (Semi-Decent Ones)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Thor #135 (Dec. 1966)
Role: Mooks, Freaks
PL 6 (68)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 1
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+8)
Expertise (Knight) 4 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 6 (+6)
Stealth 2 (+5)
Technology 4 (+6)
Vehicles 5 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 8 (Knights' Gear), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 5, Teamwork

Powers:
"Animal Senses" Senses 2 (Low-Light Vision, Acute Scent) [2]

Equipment:
"Blaster" Blast 6 (12) -- (13)
  • AE: "Knightly Weapon" Strength-Damage +3 (Feats: Reach) (4)
"Armour" Protection 2 (2)
"Knight-Cycle" Motorcycle with Flight 6 (120 mph) (22)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Weapon +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blaster +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +3 (+5 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Prejudice (Freaks)- The New Men are all animal-hybrids, and cannot pass for ordinary.

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 15 / Powers: 2 / Defenses: 9 (68)

SAMPLE NEW MEN:
Lord Byson (uplifted Bison)- PL 6 (72): Strength & Stamina +1, Fighting -1, Dodge -1, "Horns" Strength-Damage +1, Environmental Adaptation- Arctic [4]
Tantaro (uplifted Elephant)- PL 6 (70): Strength & Stamina +1, Fighting -1, Dodge -1, Extra Limb 1 [2]
Sir Delphis (uplifted Dolphin)- PL 6 (84): Int +3, Senses 5 (Extended, Ultra & Accurate Hearing, Extended Vision), Swimming 3 (8 mph), Immunity 4 (Cold, Drowning, Suffocation, Pressure) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) -- [16]
Sir Ossilot (uplifted Ocelot)- PL 6 (78): Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing), Speed 2 (4 mph), "Cat Agility" Athletics 4 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing), Leaping 1 (15 feet), "Righting Reflex" Immunity 5 (Falling Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]
Sir Panther (uplifted Panther)- PL 6 (78): Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing), Speed 2 (4 mph), "Cat Agility" Athletics 4 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing), Leaping 1 (15 feet), Stealth 4 (+9) [10]
Sir Puma (uplifted Cougar)- PL 6 (78): Senses 3 (Extended Scent, Ultra & Extended Hearing), Speed 2 (4 mph), "Cat Agility" Athletics 4 (+12) (Flaws: Limited to Climbing), Leaping 1 (15 feet), Stealth 4 (+9) [10]
-Both of these two cat-based New Men died in the Black Galaxy, whatever that is.
Sir Steed (uplifted Horse)- PL 6 (71): Strength & Stamina +1, Fighting -1, Dodge -1, Speed 2 (8 mph) [3]
Urson-Wellz (uplifted Bear)- PL 6 (73): Strength & Stamina +2, Fighting -2, Dodge -2, "Teeth" Strength-Damage +1, Senses 2 (Extended & Tracking Scent) [5]
Sir Ursus (uplifted Bear)- PL 6 (73): Strength & Stamina +2, Fighting -2, Dodge -2, "Teeth" Strength-Damage +1, Senses 2 (Extended & Tracking Scent) [5]

THE MAN-BEAST'S AGENTS:
Kohbra (uplifted Cobra)- PL 6 (96): Senses 2 (Acute Infravision), "Venomous Bite- Paralytic" Affliction 7 (Fort; Dazed & Fatigued/Exhausted & Stunned/Incapacitated & Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition, Progression +2) (Quirk: Takes 3-4 Rounds to Start -2) [28]
Triax (uplifted Boar)- PL 6 (68): No Boosts [0]
Lizhardus (uplifted Iguana)- PL 6 (68): No Boosts [0]

ANIMEN:
Flying Fox (uplifted Bat)- PL 6 (82): Flight 5 (60 mph), "Echolocation" Senses 4 (Extended, Ultra & Accurate Hearing) (14) -- [14]
Komodo (uplifted Komodo Dragon)- PL 6 (68): No Boosts [0]
Crushtacean (uplifted Crab)- PL 6 (74): Strength & Stamina +1, Fighting -1, Dodge -1, Swimming 2 (4 mph), Immunity 2 (Drowning, Pressure), "Claws" Strength-Damage +1 [6]
Spinneret (uplifted Spider)- PL 6 (92): Wall-Crawling 2, Swinging, Snare 6 [24]

THE CULT OF THE JACKAL:
Harrier (uplifted Hawk)- PL 6 (80): Flight 5 (60 mph), Senses 2 (Extended & Ultra-Vision) [12]
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.