Jab’s Builds! (Lawnmower Man! Samus Aran! Metroids!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
danelsan

Re: Jab's Builds! (SF III- Alex! Elena! Dudley! Oro! Yun & Yang!)

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote:Yeah, their style was originally called "Shotokan Karate" in the fandom (possibly because of the White Wolf RPG)
It was funny for me because at the time I got the SF RPG, I practiced Shotokan Karate - there were many a dumb a joke about when I was going to learn the Dragon Punch and stuff (much like these days a friend of mine will still occasionally ask if can already do the Rising Storm, being a black belt in Aikido and all...).

With it being such a widespread Karate style (at least by the time the RPG got to Brazil), it was extra funny seeing the book mention there were, like, two Shotokan schools in the USA :lol:
Jabroniville

Ibuki

Post by Jabroniville »

IBUKI
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Games, Super & Ultra Street Fighter IV, Street Fighter V, Street Fighter X Tekken
Home Country: Japan
Role: Ninja, Cute Girl
Vague Martial Art Basis: Ninjutsu
PL 9 (146)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 7 (+13)
Athletics 7 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Ninja) 7 (+9)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 5 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Kunai) 5 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 5 (+8)
Stealth 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Equipment 2 (Ninja Gear), Evasion 2, Improved Critical (Special), Improved Initiative, Precise Attack 2 (Close & Ranged/Concealment), Quick Change, Ranged Attack 4, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]
"Ninja Jump" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Ninja Run" Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Special Moves"
"Kasumi Gake- Dash/Neckbreaker" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) & Speed 1 (4 mph) (Flaws: Limited to Small Bursts) & Affliction 5 (Fighting Skill; Vulnerable/Defenseless) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (4) -- [5]
  • AE: "Raida- Ki Burst/Tsuji Goe- Leaping Spin Kick/Kazegiri- Jump Kick" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
Equipment:
"Kunai" Blast 4 (Feats: Split) (Extras: Multiattack- Unreliable) (Diminished Range -1) (10)

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Special Moves +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Kunai +12 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +14 (DC 24), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications: 
Motivation (Boys, The Clan)- Ibuki is obsessed with meeting boys, and she thinks the tournament will allow her to find them. Also, her Clan sent her to find information on Gill. Obviously, she needs to beat the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Sakura)- The two are friends/rivals, and dish about boys to each other.
Power Loss (Kunai)- Ibuki has only six kunai as of Street Fighter V.
Weakness (Predictability)- Ibuki, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time she tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, she will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 60--30 / Advantages: 17 + 12 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 19 (146)

-Ibuki's one of the two new ladies introduced in SF III- she's a teenage female ninja (who actually dresses like a "standard" ninja does for the most part- earth tones & baggy clothes... but has weird cut-outs on her upper thighs), meant to investigate Gill's company as part of her Clan Initiation. It's a pretty weak motivation, to be sure, but this IS Street Fighter, where "I want to be a chef" and "I want to dance" count as motivations. In the "prequel" SF IV, Ibuki proved popular enough out of the new crew to get a comeback, and she appears as a standard boy-crazy Japanese teenager, screwing up her Ninja lessons, and being a general goofball. And she even gets to appear in SF V- Ibuki is POPULAR! In this one, she basically dresses like a Ninja Schoolgirl. I like some of her offense, though- she takes the "Ninja" fighting game archetype and gives it some cool visual effects, such as dashing forward and leaving an after-image of herself in dust, and having her standing sprite flicker and disappear while she makes a move.

-Fighting Style: Ibuki comes cross as kind of inexperienced and a goof-off, so I used to give her the PL 8 status of Sakura & Karin offensively- she's a contemporary of them, and will hopefully improve later on. However, she's now appeared in THREE Street Fighter games, so I had to at least upgrade her to PL 8.5. She DOES make PL 9 defensively, however, meaning she can actually hang with the World Warriors to a certain extent. Ibuki's "Raida" attack is sort of a grab (she grabs the opponent's arm to leave their side open to an Energy Punch), but since it can be blocked, it's really just a regular old attack, and so it fits into her standard Special Moves, which are all basically more-powerful melee attacks. Despite having like 6-7 Special Moves, they're mostly just versions of the same thing, and don't have different effects.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

You know, the Matsuda family must be disappointed with Sean. They have their very own jiu-jitsu-like style, which his sister mastered, while he runs around trying to get an uninterested Ken to train him and getting beat up left and right by better fighters :roll:
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

heh- the "Concept Character" Bullfighter is pretty funny: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Bullfighter

The guy's pretty obviously a riff on the then-top NWA tag team The Road Warriors (known in the WWF as the Legion of Doom), what with the facepaint, facial hair, and "Zubaz" written on his chest (the Warriors were instrumental in the creation of the infamous zubaz brand of pants, which were multicolored workout pants designed for big dudes).

Also, the infamous "Sheng Long" legend: http://streetfighter.wikia.com/wiki/Sheng_Long
Ken

Re: Jab's Builds! (R.Mika! SF III- Alex! Elena! Dudley! Oro!)

Post by Ken »

Batgirl III wrote:
Ares wrote: To clarify, everything seen in this thread so far is fine. The pages with Cammy and Chun-Li where there were a half-dozen images of them, some more fanservice than others? Perfectly fine. It's only when we get pages of nothing but fanservice or the art pushes the limits of what's allowed that it'll be a problem.
Just do us (okay: me) a favor and issue requests to edit posts and/or warnings before you drop the Ban Hammer. ;)
Wasn't Ban Hammer the Czech-American composer who rose to fame scoring Miami Vice?
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

danelsan- I ask because so many things that are 'obvious' aren't. Is Brazilian jujitsu actually Brazilian? Do you know why?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Ken

Re: Ibuki

Post by Ken »

Jabroniville wrote:Image

Complications: 
Motivation (Boys, The Clan)- Ibuki is obsessed with meeting boys, and she thinks the tournament will allow her to find them. Also, her Clan sent her to find information on Gill. Obviously, she needs to beat the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Sakura)- The two are friends/rivals, and dish about boys to each other.

-Ibuki's one of the two new ladies introduced in SF III- she's a teenage female ninja (who actually dresses like a "standard" ninja does for the most part- earth tones & baggy clothes... but has weird cut-outs on her upper thighs),

The new Assless Gi.... For teenaged martial arts girls who want to attract all the boys.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote:
Sidious wrote:Good lord, already at 14 pages. Simply amazing.
Grats on the new home. I'll be stopping in from time to time reading, lurking, y'know the usual. LOL
SIDIOUS!!! Good to see you, man :)! I've checked posts from like eight friggin' years ago and found you commenting on them! I was all "jeez, I used to see that dude all the time; where's he been?" but then you'll randomly pop up again. Nice to see you've still been paying attention :).

And I'm only up to 14 pages because I decided I wanted all the Street Fighter builds to be continuous, and to give me a day or two off from doing new builds in the chaos surrounding... the stuff that went down.
I've been working hard with life.... stuff... and deep in the world of Miniature gaming (Plastic, Resin and metal really are an addiction.) I still lurk on a fairly regular basis though. :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Ken wrote:
Jabroniville wrote:Image

Complications: 

-Ibuki's one of the two new ladies introduced in SF III- she's a teenage female ninja (who actually dresses like a "standard" ninja does for the most part- earth tones & baggy clothes... but has weird cut-outs on her upper thighs),

The new Assless Gi.... For teenaged martial arts girls who want to attract all the boys.
...I'd say it was working. Love her look though, assless gi or no assless gi. Distinctly "ninja" without hitting the more stereotypical look.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Spectrum wrote:danelsan- I ask because so many things that are 'obvious' aren't. Is Brazilian jujitsu actually Brazilian? Do you know why?
Mostly. It all starts with Japanese (naturalized Brazilian) master Mitsuyo Maeda, a Judoka* and prizefighter in no holds barred competitions. He was a pioneer of Judo in multiple countries, including Brazil, where he had Carlos Gracie among his students.

Gracie, who was small and weak compared to his peers in training, took what he learned and started adapting it to his physique, and this led to Gracie Jiu-Jitsu*, also called Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu today (especially if the teacher doesn't have any ties to the Gracie family)

*Note that at the time, Judo was still also called "Kano Jiu-Jitsu"
danelsan

Post by danelsan »

Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Ken wrote:The new Assless Gi.... For teenaged martial arts girls who want to attract all the boys.
...I'd say it was working. Love her look though, assless gi or no assless gi. Distinctly "ninja" without hitting the more stereotypical look.
The reason none of the boys from her (village? Clan? Whatever) were fit to compete on the SF tournament is that they could never concentrate during the ninja lessons.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

danelsan wrote:
Doctor Malsyn wrote:
Ken wrote:The new Assless Gi.... For teenaged martial arts girls who want to attract all the boys.
The reason none of the boys from her (village? Clan? Whatever) were fit to compete on the SF tournament is that they could never concentrate during the ninja lessons.
The true reason behind why she was sent out into the world. It all makes sense now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

Batgirl III wrote:
Ares wrote: To clarify, everything seen in this thread so far is fine. The pages with Cammy and Chun-Li where there were a half-dozen images of them, some more fanservice than others? Perfectly fine. It's only when we get pages of nothing but fanservice or the art pushes the limits of what's allowed that it'll be a problem.
Just do us (okay: me) a favor and issue requests to edit posts and/or warnings before you drop the Ban Hammer. ;)
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

*hangs head in shame*

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you.. how hard of a time that I had between figuring out if that was Han Solo or Indiana Jones.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Necro

Post by Jabroniville »

NECRO (Ilia)
Created By:
Unknown
First Appearance: Street Fighter III (1997)
Game Appearances: Street Fighter III- All Versions
Home Country: Russia
Role: Replacement Character (for Dhalsim), Stretchy Guy, Genetic Freak, "Once Was a Man" Guy
Vague Martial Art Basis: None
PL 8 (127)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+10)
Athletics 7 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+12)
Expertise (Streetwise) 8 (+8)
Insight 2 (+3)
Intimidation 7 (+7)
Perception 5 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+8)

Advantages:
Benefit (Uses Attack Bonus to Feint), Defensive Attack, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Tornado Hook) 2, Improved Grab, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 4

"World Warrior" Fighting Style: Accurate Attack (Jab), All-Out Attack, Defensive Roll, Fast Grab (Grab), Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Hold, Improved Trip (Throw), Power Attack (Roundhouse), Takedown, Withstand Damage (Block)

Powers:
"Genetic Freak"
"Gross Stretching" Elongation 1 [1]
"Martial Arts Strike" Strength-Damage +1 [1]

"Special Moves"
"Electricity" Energy Aura 3 (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Flaws: Distracting) (Feats: Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) Linked to Affliction 5 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned) (Feats: +2 to Hit Jumping Opponents) (Extras: Reaction +3) (Flaws: Distracting, Limited Degree) (Inaccurate -1, Quirk- Lasts for 3 Rounds Max) (17) -- [19]
  • AE: "Flying Viper- Double-Punch" Strength-Damage +2 (Inaccurate -1) (1)
  • AE: "Tornado Hook" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Multiattack 4) (Flaws: Distracting) Linked to Affliction 4 (Fort; Dazed & Vulnerable/Stunned & Defenseless) (Extras: Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree) (6)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +5

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +4 (+5 D.Roll), Fortitude +7, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (The Cure/Revenge)- Necro was turned into a genetic freak by Gill's organization, and now he seeks both the cure, and personal revenge. These will be accomplished by beating the $#!& out of people.
Relationship (Effie)- Necro still loves his girlfriend, and she him.
Weakness (Predictability)- Necro, like all Street Fighters, cannot simply "spam" out the same attack over and over again, as the opponent will expect the attacks, and be ready for them (and a counterattack). The third time he tries the same technique (or same combo of techniques) in a short span, he will be at -2 to Accuracy, AND to his Active Defenses in that round. All will decrease by 2 every successive round the same move is done.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 12 + 12 / Powers: 21 / Defenses: 18 (127)

-Necro is one of the more unimaginative concepts from SF III- basically, I guess Capcom REALLY REALLY wanted a "Dhalsim" for this game, so they made one. It kind of helps create the perception that the "new cast" was really just a revamped version of the "good one". Granted, his design is fairly unique, but he still looks goofy (sorta like a pre-upgrade Caliban from "The Morlocks"), and the whole concept is just a Replacement Character of someone I always hated, so I have no love for this guy. He's basically some kid from "a small village in Moscow" (uhhh... Moscow's a city...) turned into a freak by Gill's Stereotypically-Evil Corporation (well at least Gill didn't BUY HIS FATHER'S CAR- God these games have some dumb ideas), and now he's either on the run or wants to kick Gill's ass. The one nice thing about him is that he shows off the game's graphical prowess- his movements are SMOOOOOOOOTH...

-Necro hasn't reappeared outside of his game series, and I went with a PL 8.5-ish character. I wouldn't give him a great shot against a World Warrior, but he's obviously good enough to make the tournament. And he's extremely versatile- combining Dhalsim's movement with Blanka's Electricity.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am, edited 3 times in total.