Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
jcjec

Re: In-Forcer

Post by jcjec »

Ken wrote:Someday, I hope Neil runs the one-shot where In-Forcer meets her two brothers: Jim's Advocate of the People (in Vancouver) and my Mister Might (in Minneapolis).
You've mentioned them; now you need to show them. 8-)
Jim C.

I know that into every life a little rain must fall,
but why do we have to live in the flood plains?
Ken

Re: In-Forcer

Post by Ken »

jcjec wrote:
Ken wrote:Someday, I hope Neil runs the one-shot where In-Forcer meets her two brothers: Jim's Advocate of the People (in Vancouver) and my Mister Might (in Minneapolis).
You've mentioned them; now you need to show them. 8-)
And I plan on it, but not until after tonight's game.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Goldar

Re: Ken's Kache of Khracters (Goldar, Superman, RCU Heroes & Villains)

Post by Goldar »

Wow, Prophesy is one powerful character!

Telekinesis, telepathy and super strength. Like Captain Comet on steroids!

Character has interesting hair/costume too.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

jcjec

Re: The Advocate of the People

Post by jcjec »

Ken wrote:Real World Stuff
Jim created Thomas Michael Cooper AKA the Advocate, for a game... Lord, it was a play by post game, and it was set in Vancouver, British Columbia. And for the life of me, I can't recall who was running it, or using what message board or service. Jason and I had characters for it as well. And it didn't last long. In fact, it barely got off the ground.

Sometime later, I decided to start populating the RCU's Canada's officially sanctioned team, the Parahuman Society of Canada. Including these almost never used characters seemed like a natural. And incorporating Tom's origin as the son of a pair of villains was easy to integrate. And since Neil had never given In-Forcer a proper origin, making her and the Advocate secret siblings (with their similar descriptors and all) seemed a natural.
More Real World Stuff
I don't remember who was running it either, but it was play-by-post on the board community that I started Lucky Sevens on.

So, when presented with the Canadian game, I looked at the types of characters I had played in the past, wanting to try something different. Ken and I had been discussing Superman and how, for the most part, we didn't feel as though people got the character, both within the characters that were supposed to be Supermanesque in our games and in DC proper. We were both on the same page as to who Clark was, what made him the man / hero that he was, and what was important to focus on when portraying him. While most focused on the sheer power of the character, we both agreed that his greatest strengths were his intelligence, dedication and humanity. Its the reason that Lex Luthor is his greatest nemesis; because if Superman was sheer power, he could just flick Lex and pop his head into the next state. But because people seem to only focus in on the power of Supes, they think he needs foes like Zod and Doomsday to be a real threat. So, as we talked, Ken said something to the effect of, "you should create a Superman knockoff to play. You get who he is."

So I built The Advocate, a man born with great power, but was taught great responsibility by the parents who took him in. While his nature is born from criminals, his nurture has taught him right from wrong, and to do what's right, no matter the personal cost. With the idea of wanting him to defend even in his civilian identity, I built my second lawyer (I try not to duplicate professions), which helped me decide on the code name, primarily because I didn't want to do a cheesy name knockoff, and because one of the Supermanesque characters that had been used in one of my campaigns was The Messenger, but the player hadn't ever come up with a good answer to "what's the message." Thomas is The Advocate. The Advocate of what? The people.

An additional side note: While I don't remember who I named his first two names after, I remember that Cooper was as a dedication to Sheldon because I really enjoy Big Bang Theory. :)
Jim C.

Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

The important question here is "So where is Miss Muscles?" if you're referencing her twice. WHERE IS A BUILD (with a picture) OF MISS MUSCLES, KEN?!?!

I dig The Advocate, though. A Supermanalogue who takes enough of the origin & style to be obvious, but has a slightly different origin. What would happen if he ever met his parents?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcjec

Post by jcjec »

Jabroniville wrote:I dig The Advocate, though. A Supermanalogue who takes enough of the origin & style to be obvious, but has a slightly different origin. What would happen if he ever met his parents?
I really like him as well, but as Ken said, not enough places to play him. If I ever decide to retire one of my current four CoJers, I may ask to transfer him over, but having two regulars and two backups is plenty at the moment.

As for his parents, his da is deceased (killed by his mom, I believe is the unofficial situation), but he'd make sure she came to justice for her crimes, just as she deserves. Same for his sis, whether he knew she was related or not. Sometimes making the right call is hard, after all.
Jim C.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ken

Post by Ken »

Last edited by Ken on Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:23 am, edited 3 times in total.