Millennium Question (DC Comics)

The place to talk about your favorite novels, comic books and web comics.
Cinder

Millennium Question (DC Comics)

Post by Cinder »

In Millennium, the Chosen are ten individuals chosen to become the next breed of immortals and help to usher in a new era of humanity. Upon coming to Earth, Herupa Hando Hu and Nadia Safir are shocked to learn that Tara Markov is dead, as she was one of the Chosen. In Millennium No. 2, they discuss how they should have kept a better eye on earth, saying “Terra [is] dead…Raoul [is] senile.”

Anyone know who “Raoul” is?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Typos
Davies

Re: Millennium Question (DC Comics)

Post by Davies »

I don't think he was ever mentioned before or again; this may have been added to make it seem more plausible that they hadn't known about Tara. (Funny story -- apparently, that plot twist was inspired by the fact that Steve Englehart wanted to use Terra in this story and himself didn't know that she was dead.)
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
Cinder

Post by Cinder »

Davies wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 am I don't think he was ever mentioned before or again; this may have been added to make it seem more plausible that they hadn't known about Tara. (Funny story -- apparently, that plot twist was inspired by the fact that Steve Englehart wanted to use Terra in this story and himself didn't know that she was dead.)
Thanks Davies! I looked at as many appearances of Herupa and Nadia as I could find, and saw no mention of a Raoul or any character that had become senile. Interesting story about Englehart.
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

This is the plotline which eventually gave us Snowflame, yes?
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Davies

Post by Davies »

NoOneofConsequence wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:10 am This is the plotline which eventually gave us Snowflame, yes?
Yes, eventually.
NoOneofConsequence

Post by NoOneofConsequence »

DC seemed to try that a lot, using a big event to debut a new superteam. I think that is how the 80s Suicide Squad got started.
What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)
Davies

Post by Davies »

NoOneofConsequence wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:39 pm DC seemed to try that a lot, using a big event to debut a new superteam. I think that is how the 80s Suicide Squad got started.
<nod> Both it and the revised Justice League came out of Legends. And later, both Justice League Europe and the L.E.G.I.O.N. came out of Invasion.