Rule of Cool's Legend system - My New Setting

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
CaptainKaulu

Rule of Cool's Legend system - My New Setting

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Introduction

Once upon a time, Pathfinder 1e was under development on Paizo's forums, and a group of character optimizers from Giant in the Playground forums went over to try to help out a lot with character optimization and balance. Their feedback was not welcome. (They were ahead of their time; their design philosophies were much more compatible with Pathfinder 2e.) They were banned from Paizo's forums.

So they started their own RPG system. Called simply Legend, it's very gamist (doesn't take itself seriously in terms of simulation at all). And while it's been mostly-dead for many years, I've recently gone back to check on how its small cult community has been progressing it, and gotten addicted to making characters in it all over again. One of my favorite things about the system is that building NPCs/monsters is almost the same process as building PCs.

So I'm starting a new steampunk fantasy setting -- partly, it must be confessed, in an effort to get my (new) wife into worldbuilding if not roleplaying. Here I'm going to share, since this forum is so great at letting people share their creations. :)

ToC

Setting Fluff
Explanation of System
-> House Rules
Nerdy Meta-Analysis
Character Summaries
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:10 pm, edited 27 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Re: Rule of Cool's Legend system - My New Setting

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Walutukk

Walutukk is a steampunk fantasy world, dominated by a "centerpiece" of the central floating continent Brolwa, socioeconomic envy of the rest of the world and accessible mostly by airship (or teleportation circle).

Nations

Religions

Culture

The far-and-away most popular spectator sport in the world is Ultimate Discus - similar to our Ultimate Frisbee, but with a much heavier, more dangerous disc with an Air Elemental bound within. One popular part of the game is that if players get knocked off the airship the game is professionally played on, they fall a long way into the ocean and are eliminated from the match.
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Aug 29, 2022 10:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Track Summaries

Legend characters get most of their abilities by selecting four Tracks that they have. Tracks are collections of character abilities, grouped into seven tiers or "Circles" that you will get as you level up to 20 in your Tracks. There are some limitations on which four Tracks PCs can select based on how the Tracks are in "Classes," but multiclassing is very flexible and you can usually figure out a way to get whatever four Tracks you want.

Here I'm going to spell out brief summaries of all the Tracks I'm choosing from, so you can get a rough idea of a character's abilities if I just post their Tracks. There are about 100 Tracks available including the Homebrew I'm deciding to use.

(Normal Magic Item Progression) - by default, all PCs have this as their fourth Track. It lets them Attune to many more magic items than if they had a fourth regular Track. Since they can mostly pick and choose the Magic Items they want to Attune in Legend, this lets them kind of build their own fourth Track, albeit generally one that advances their statistics more than it increases their versatility. Monsters are encouraged, but not required, to swap this out for a fourth regular Track.
Spoiler
A Reign of Arrows - an offensive track based on firing ranged weapons accurately and rapidly. Default option for the Ranger class.
Acrobatic Adept - a defensive track based on being very quick and dodging most dangers. Default option for the Rogue class.
Air Elemental - the air-themed track.
Amorphous - a track to simulate being an ooze or elemental or something with similarly fluid anatomy. Racial track.
Arcane Lore - a track for being flexible about blasting with multiple damage types. Default option for the Sage class.
Arcane Secrets - a track full of spell-like abilities for battlefield control. Default track for the Sage class.
Arthropod - a track full of insectoid-themed features. Racial track.
Assassin - an offensive track based on dealing lots of damage to surprised or [Flat-footed] creatures. Default option for the Rogue class.
Avian - a track based around Flying and doing various Flying-related tricks. Racial track.
Bag of Tricks - miscellaneous track, hard to describe as it just does ... well, various tricks. Default track for the Tactician class.
Bastion - a track based around radiating helpful auras, mainly the sharing of buff Spells, but also some other aura effects. Default option for the Paladin class.
Battle's Tempering - a defensive track based on just being a combination of quick, tough, and sneaky. Default track for the Ranger class.
Battlemage - a gish track based on replacing single attacks in your attack action with blasting.
Blood - a track letting you drain your maximum HP to enhance your magical abilities from other tracks. Default track for the Sorcerer class.
Blood Mage - a track of magical abilities themed around blood and sometimes hurting yourself for more power.
Boon Companion - a track that gives you a companion to fight with, albeit it doesn't gain many special abilities. Default track for the Druid class.
Celestial - some mundane combat abilities, but mostly themed around being a shining light on the battlefield, figuratively and literally. Racial track.
Chirurgic Poet - a really miscellaneous track of magical tricks, including some healing, based on reducing your own max HP.
Combat Alchemist - a track based on brewing/preparing utility/buff potions.
Crashing Wave - an offensive track based on smacking things slowly, but really hard with melee attacks. Default option for the Fighter class.
Dervish - an offensive track based on attacking rapidly and nimbly in a crazed frenzy. Default option for the Barbarian class.
Demo Man - an offensive track based on crafting and delivering alchemical bombs. Default option for the Rogue class.
Demon - a track themed around being a demon. Racial track.
Devil - a track based on being cold (literally and figuratively) and calculating. Racial track.
Discipline of the Crane - a track based on being really, really quick in your movements. Default track for the Monk class.
Discipline of the Dragon - a defensive track based on mental fortitude and purity. Default track for the Monk class.
Discipline of the Serpent - an offensive track based on attacking rapidly and precisely, enhancing your weapons (including unarmed) with sheer skill and performing lots of controlling maneuvers. Default track for the Monk class.
Divine Beast - a track themed around being good, pure, and monstrous. Racial track.
Dragon - the non-breath-weapon toughness and other elite abilities traditional to dragons. Racial track.
Dragonspark Adept - a track based around blasting with energy damage, without it preventing you from also attacking a lot. Intended as the track for dragon characters to get traditional breath weapon abilities.
Earth Elemental - the earth-themed track.
Elementalist - an offensive track for when blasting with one type of energy damage is really your main schtick.
Esoterica Radica - a miscellaneous track based on being really really skilled, lucky, and sometimes quick. Definite track for the Rogue class, and not accessible by multiclassing.
Fey - a track of fey-themed abilities. Racial track.
Fire Elemental - the fire-themed track.
Focus - a track of abilities revolving around being Intelligent and psionic, gaining a strong mental focus and keeping or expending it to do cool stuff. Default option for the Psion class.
Force of Nature - a track themed around being an abstract embodiment of natural destruction. Racial track.
Force of Will - a magic track about bending space and time around yourself to enhance your allies. Default track for the Sage class.
Forger - a track based around using crafting to enhance your weapons and armor, and eventually your allies' too. Default track for the Fighter class.
Fortune's Friend - a defensive track based around being skilled, charismatic, and just really lucky. Default option for the Rogue class.
Ghost-Faced Killer - an offensive track about being ruthless, scary, and cold in your attacking. Default option for the Fighter class.
Ghoul - one branch of the Undead track, based on eating your opponents. Racial track.
Heroica - a track that lets you bond a partner and letting you and your partner enhance each other's fighting styles. Default track for the Paladin class.
I Am Ten Ninjas - a defensive ninja-themed track, lots of smoke bombs and teleportation. Default option for the Rogue class.
Incantation - a track that gives you decent at-will healing and damage, and lets you deliver Spells as riders on your healing and damage. Default track for the Shaman class.
Incorporeal - a track themed around being ghostly or gaseous. Racial track.
Iron Magi - a gish track that lets you substitute attacks with magical abilities, mostly control or teleportation. Default option for the Ranger class.
Judgment - a track based on super personal defenses, knowing your enemy really really well, and buffing allies a bit. Definite track for the Paladin class, and not accessible by multiclassing.
Just Blade - a track that lets you summon a special magic weapon and telekinetically use it. Traditionally the "Jedi" track, but also works for Soulknives. Default option for the Sage class.
Kineticist - one school of the Psionics track, based on blasting with energy damage. Default option for the Psion class.
Knight - a track about being skillful and powerful in mundane combat, protecting allies and Charging a lot.
Large and In Charge - a track themed around being really, really big (whether giant or kaiju). Racial track.
Leaping Flame - a track themed around mundane fighting that's quite quick and nimble and painful to the opponent. Default option for the Fighter class.
Lich - one branch of the Undead track, based on magical might. Racial track.
Lurking Terror - a track about battlefield control with fear and other creepy, dooming conditions in an area. I consider it particularly overpowered. Racial track.
Magic - a pretty simple, generic track of magical defenses and utility, including summoning a special magical weapon. Default track for the Sorcerer class.
Mechanist Savant - a track themed by default around making a bunch of little drones on the battlefield, which do battlefield control and give temporary HP to allies.
Mental Juggernaut - a track for the extremely smart and mentally robust. Default track for the Psion class.
Mummy - one branch of the Undead track, based on inflicting [Fear] effects. Racial track.
Nature's Harbinger - a miscellaneous track of nature-themed spell-like abilities. Default option for the Druid class.
Necromancer - an offensive track for when blasting with shadowy [Negative] damage is really your main schtick.
Nomad - one school of the Psionics track, based on teleportation effects. Default option for the Psion class.
Otherworldly - the track for being aberrant, Cthulhic, just incredibly weird or mind-bending. Racial track.
Path of Destruction - a track based on being good at fighting lots of little enemies at once, being scary and shutting down enemy magic-users. Default track for the Barbarian class.
Path of the Ancestors - a defensive track about being really, really tough. Default track for the Barbarian class.
Polymorph - a track based around shape-shifting yourself into flexible animal-themed forms. Default track for the Druid class.
Professional Soldier - a track based on battlefield control by dropping snares, explosives, and other traps during combat. Default track for the Ranger class.
Psychic Warrior - one school of the Psionics track, based around enhancing your body and fighting with those buffs. Default option for the Psion class.
Rage - an offensive track based getting really angry. Default option for the Barbarian class.
Runesong Scholar - the truenamer track, based on learning your opponents' truenames and cursing them, mostly using just swift actions.
Sentient Construct - a track of construct-themed abilities (and also pretty good for modeling an Iron Man-style battlesuit). Racial track.
Sentient Plant - a track of plant-themed abilities. Racial track.
Shaman Spellcasting - gives you spell slots, and each Circle lets you pick three Spells to cast from spell slots, themed around healing and party buffs and maybe a bit of blasting. Default track for the Shaman class.
Shaper - one school of the Psionics track, based around transmutation and control effects. Default option for the Psion class.
Shining Sun - a track based on a fighting style that enhances allies in mundane but powerful ways, like Heroica but multi-ally focused. Default option for the Fighter class.
Show Fighter - a gladiator-themed track, for using controlling maneuvers and social skills to enhance your mundane fighting.
Skeleton Champion - one branch of the Undead track, based on being generally mighty in mundane combat. Racial track.
Smiting - an offensive track based on dealing TONS of extra damage with your attacks, based by default on your Charisma. Default option for the Paladin class.
Swashbuckler - an offensive track based on mobility allowing you to hit at full-Base-Attack-Bonus multiple times as long as you keep moving. Default option for the Rogue class.
Tactical Insight - a track based around giving your whole party powerful buffs as long as you can make a Knowledge check about your opponents. Default track for the Tactician class.
Tactician Spellcasting - gives you spell slots, and each Circle lets you pick three Spells to cast from spell slots, themed around control, divination, mobility, and utility. Default track for the Tactician class.
Tattooed Warrior - a pretty generic track about having buffs on yourself, themed around magic tattoos.
Telepath - the final school of the Psionics track, based on mental power and control and social utility. Default option for the Psion class.
The Art of War - a general-use track to enhance mundane fighting in many ways, based on gaining and spending a pool of concentration points while fighting. Default track for the Fighter class.
The Quiver - a track for enhancing ranged attacking with a variety of magical ammunition.
Troubadour - a track of buff and debuff auras, themed around musical performances.
True Mage - a dignified track about long-term buffs and powerful utility.
Urelenting Storm - a track for dealing lots of damage with ranged attacks, preferably while Flying to keep your distance. Default option for the Fighter class.
Utter Brute - a track themed around being extremely tough and implacable. Racial track.
Vampire - one branch of the Undead track, based on being quick, charismatic, and literally bloodthirsty. Racial track.
Verdant Champion - a track for battlefield control and healing, plant-themed. Default option for the Druid class.
Vigilante - basically, in case you want to be a Power Ranger or other Kamen Rider-type character.
Virtue - a healing track, based by default on your Charisma. Default option for the Paladin class.
Warlock - eldritch blasting tricks. Yeah, I would have preferred the "Warlock" track be something more pact-themed and flavorful.
Water Elemental - the water-themed track.
Wildborn - a beast-themed track centered around being very perceptive about your opponents. Racial track.
Wilder - a track about being super emotional and turning that into surging psionic power. Default option for the Psion class.
Witch - a track about using subtle or shadowy magic, mostly to curse your opponents.
For my own character-crafting benefit, here are the tracks that explicitly change your Key Offensive or Key Defensive ability scores on a build away from the standard scores for your race/class chassis:

OFFENSE
Str: Knight, Rage
Dex: Assassin, Dervish, Swashbuckler
Int: Demo Man, Kineticist, Shaper
Wis: Nomad, Psychic Warrior
Cha: Telepath

DEFENSE
Con: Acrobatic Adept
Wis: I Am Ten Ninjas
Cha: Fortune's Friend

... Yeah, the system could use more of these, especially for defense. Oh well.
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

I remember this system. I have a print out of the basic rules because the track system looked interesting and I was curious about a game that let me play a Kamen Rider.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Legend doesn't have rules for characters above Level 20, even for NPCs/monsters. So I'm scaling my setting to that. Level 20 is reserved for (avatars of) deities ... Don't expect a PC to get higher than Level 16, and even that is pushing it, unless the campaign is themed around the PCs being immortals involved in deific struggles (and being objects of worship themselves).

Character Summaries

Deities

The Xorvintaal Council of Eleven
Governing body over the world's community of dragons.

The Serechathel
A guild of elite assassins based around worship of the Mistress of Misery.
Spoiler
Drazuv - head Archon and mortal leader of the guild.
Level 15 Wildborn Paladin
Tracks: Judgment, Wildborn, Dragon, Iron Magi

Danuth - mage-slaying scorpioid golem.
Level 12 Construct
Tracks: Sentient Construct, Knight, Path of Destruction
Standardized Monsters
Monstrous, but not specific individuals or affiliations.
Spoiler
Manticore - divine heralds of the Mistress of Mistery.
Level 7 Avian
Tracks: Unrelenting Storm, Avian, Battle's Tempering, A Reign of Arrows

Monstrous Spider - creepy standard low-level threat
Level 1 Arthropod
Tracks: Lurking Terror, Arthropod, Assassin, Battle's Tempering
Rank-And-File Fighting Humanoids
Spoiler
Elven Border Patrol - elite ranger guarding border forests.
Level 4 Elf Rogue
Tracks: Esoterica Radica, Smiting, Battle's Tempering
"Ordinary" Creatures
Commoners and animals.
Spoiler
Tiger - apex predator, by our standards.
Level 5 Wildborn (homebrew-adjusted)
Tracks: Wildborn, Utter Brute, Battle's Tempering, Acrobatic Adept
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:13 pm, edited 36 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Ares wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:48 pm I remember this system. I have a print out of the basic rules because the track system looked interesting and I was curious about a game that let me play a Kamen Rider.
Maybe when I get around to actually running a game in this setting someday, I'll recruit you as a player!
Ares
Site Admin

Post by Ares »

CaptainKaulu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:04 pm
Ares wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:48 pm I remember this system. I have a print out of the basic rules because the track system looked interesting and I was curious about a game that let me play a Kamen Rider.
Maybe when I get around to actually running a game in this setting someday, I'll recruit you as a player!
We'll see! I'm pretty busy with my own gaming and projects, but I'll let you know when the time comes. Until then, looking forward to seeing what this setting turns into.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Tracks and Who Has Them at What Circle
out of characters and creatures that I've fully detailed
Spoiler
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 17 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Ares wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm
CaptainKaulu wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:04 pm
We'll see! I'm pretty busy with my own gaming and projects, but I'll let you know when the time comes. Until then, looking forward to seeing what this setting turns into.
Yeah no promises about when I'll have the time either.

On a side note, YAY for the Forum getting Spoiler formatting!
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

No longer in this setting...
Spoiler
Detailed Stats:
Asmodeus, Arch-Prince of Devils
Average-Sized Outsider 18

Identification DC 28 (Arcana); Awareness DC 37.
Vision Modes: Darkvision
Initiative +1
Ranges: Melee 20 ft; Close 70 ft; Medium 280 ft; Long 1120 ft; Extreme 2800 ft.
-----------------------------
Hit Points 303
Damage Reduction 1; Resistances: Cold damage 9.
Armor Class 41 (deflection 4)
Saves: Fortitude +16, Reflex +22, Will +18
Acrobatics DC 37; Social DCs: Bluff 28, Diplomacy 37, Intimidate 32, Perception 32.
Movement Speed 70 ft; Maneuvers DC 26.
Tiny Trident Weapon: Melee range; Attack +29/+24/+24/+24; Damage 1d6+12 Physical +18 Cold. Can be concealed. Gives +1 to Disarm maneuver. (Provides AC+1.)
Unarmed Strike Natural Weapon: Melee range; Attack +27/+22/+22/+22; Damage 1d6+12 Physical +18 Cold.
Str 24 (+7), Dex 12 (+1), Con 14 (+2), Int 28 (+9), Wis 10 (+0), Cha 18 (+4)
Skills: Stealth +21; Arcana +29; History +27; Bluff +24; Diplomacy +22; Intimidate +22; Perception +30
Passives
Spoiler
Instead of rolling a d20, Asmodeus can always roll 2d20 and take the better result.

Asmodeus can use an extra Swift or Immediate Action each Round.

The first time each Encounter Asmodeus speaks each creature's True Name, it becomes Oathsworn to him. When an Oathsworn creature declares an offensive action against Asmodeus, they must make a DC 30 Will Save. On a success, they can take the offensive action but remain Oathsworn. On a failure, their offensive action is wasted and they must then attempt another DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round. After the offensive action is wasted, they lose the Oathsworn quality.

At the start of each turn in an Encounter, Asmodeus gains a Song Shield (which expires at the end of the Encounter). When he is affected by an instance of Energy damage, one Song Shield gives him Resistance 9 to the damage instance and is expended.

Asmodeus's movements always have the Teleport descriptor.

The first two times Asmodeus fails a saving throw against an opponent's effects in an Encounter, his Tiny Trident weapon adds +9 damage to its attacks against that opponent for the rest of the Encounter.

Asmodeus's critical hits inflict 36 HP Reduction on the target.

When an opponent damages Asmodeus (once per Round per opponent), they take 18 Cold damage and (Fortitude DC 28 negates) are Slowed for 1 Round. They must then attempt another DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

Asmodeus can always Take 10 on Bluff and Perception checks.

When Asmodeus succeeds on a Knowledge skill check to identify an opponent, he gains +7 Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate and +2 Perception against that opponent for the rest of the Encounter.

Asmodeus is always aware if he has an opponent in Medium range.

When an opponent attempts to use the Bluff skill in combat within Asmodeus's Melee range, they take 27 Cold damage and (Reflex DC 28 negates) are Entangled for 1 Round. They must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

Asmodeus does not age.
Free Actions
Spoiler
3/Encounter, when Asmodeus leaves an opponent Dead or Unconscious, he can inflict the Cowering condition for 1 Round on all opponents within 30 ft of the first (Will DC 28 negates).

1/Round when Asmodeus's attack is a hit, he can declare it to be a critical hit instead.
Standard Actions
Spoiler
1/Encounter, Asmodeus renders an opponent Charmed until it successfully saves against the effect, the Encounter ends, or Asmodeus or an ally uses an offensive action against the Charmed creature. (When a Charmed opponent tries to use an offensive action against Asmodeus or his allies, it must attempt a DC 23 Will Save. On a failure, it can't take offensive actions against Asmodeus or his allies for 1 Round.) (Mind-affecting.)

1/Encounter per target, Asmodeus can speak the True Name of a creature in Close range to deal 18 Magic damage and inflict Slowed for 2 Rounds on it (Reflex DC 30 negates the Slowed condition). This does not require Line of Sight or Line of Effect. The creature must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.
Swift Actions
Spoiler
5/Encounter, Asmodeus can gain an additional Move Action to use on his turn.

Asmodeus can attempt to permanently know the True Name of a creature in his Close range (Will DC 30 negates, and on a successful save, the creature gains Immunity to this ability until the end of the Scene). On a failed save, the creature must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

1/Encounter, Asmodeus can give temporary True Names to up to 18 creatures in Close range. These True Names last until the end of the Encounter.

Asmodeus can speak a creature's True Name to make it hear his next sentence at any range, and if they are in Extreme range, he can inflict Shaken for one Round on them (the latter is a Mind-Affecting Fear effect). They must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

Asmodeus can speak a creature's True Name to Reveal it for 1 Round and know its cardinal direction if it is in Extreme range; if it is in Medium range, he even learns its exact location. This does not require Line of Sight or Line of Effect. The creature must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

Asmodeus can speak a creature's True Name to deal 18 Magic damage to it if it is in Medium range. It must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, it becomes Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

1/Encounter per target, Asmodeus can speak a creature's True Name to cause it, if in his Medium range, to be rendered Ethereal for 1 Round (Will DC 30 negates). While Ethereal, it has no Line of Sight except to Asmodeus, and no Line of Effect to anything. This does not require Line of Sight or Line of Effect. If made Ethereal, the creature must then attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.

6/Encounter, Asmodeus can create a Blight: a 55-ft-radius Spread originating within his Close range, which lasts until the end of the Encounter.
- His Blights are difficult terrain for his opponents, and any conditions (below) that they inflict on opponents ignore Immunity to those conditions.
- When opponents start their turn in Blight, they become Vulnerable to Asmodeus's damage (as long as he is in Blight too) for 1 Round (Will DC 28 negates), and the first time they start their turn there, they become Confused for 1 Round (Will DC 28 negates).
- When opponents end their turn in Blight, they become Sickened for 1 Round (Fortitude DC 28 negates).
- 1/Round each, when Asmodeus hits an opponent in Blight with an attack, he can inflict Confused for 1 Round (Will DC 28 negates), or a Veil until the start of his next turn (Reflex DC 28 negates). A Veil means his opponents cannot target the Veiled creature unless they have Line of Sight to Asmodeus.
- When opponents fail any save against Blight, they start Bleeding, which deals damage to match its HP Reduction and can't be removed as long as the creature is in a Blight.
- When opponents are affected by any Blight effects, they must also attempt a DC 28 Fortitude save; on a failure, they become Vulnerable to all damage for 1 Round.
- Any movement out of a Blighted square, even a 5-ft step, provokes an attack of opportunity from Asmodeus, and allow him to make that attack as a melee attack from greater than Melee range.
- While in his own Blight, Asmodeus is Covered and Invisible, and his movement doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity, and he has Resistance 9 to all damage (or Resistance 18 to Cold damage or damage that originates outside his Blights).
Immediate Actions
Spoiler
7/Encounter, Asmodeus gains +2 to his AC and his Saves until the start of his next turn.

2/Encounter, Asmodeus can move up to his Movement Speed.
Social Encounters
Spoiler
1/Encounter, instead of making a social check, Asmodeus can Charm an opponent. The Charmed creature cannot use Intimidate for the encounter. To leave the encounter, the Charmed creature must attempt a DC 23 Will Save; on a failure, the creature can't leave the encounter until Asmodeus makes a social check or demand against it. (Mind-Affecting.)

1/Scene, Asmodeus can target up to two creatures in Close range and alter their memories of a conversation, dialogue, or written statement by up to two words. If the change in meaning is drastic, their memories may recover at the end of the Scene; otherwise the change is permanent.
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 17 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Detailed Stats:
Tiger
Large-Sized Animal 5

Identification DC 15 (Nature); Awareness DC 21; Vision Mode Darkvision.
Initiative +8
Ranges: Melee 20 ft; Close 35 ft; Medium 150 ft; Long 600 ft; Extreme 1500 ft.
Hit Points 84
Immunities: Figment effects.
Armor Class 21 (deflection 1)
Saves: Fortitude +7, Reflex +10, Will +6
Acrobatics DC 19; Social DCs: Bluff 19, Diplomacy 14, Intimidate 16, Perception 16.
Movement Speed 55 ft; Maneuvers DC 18.
Tooth & Claw Natural Weapon: Melee range; Attack +8; Damage 1d6+8 Physical.
Hulking Smash Natural Weapon: Melee range; Attack +8; Damage 1d6+8 Physical.
Fierce Glare Weapon: Close range; Attack +8; Damage 1d6+5 Physical. Inflicts Flat-Footed for 1 Round on a critical hit. (Provides AC+1 and Initiative+2.)
Str 14 (+2), Dex 18 (+4), Con 10 (+0), Int 8 (-1), Wis 18 (+4), Cha 12 (+1)
Skills: Acrobatics +9; Athletics +7; Stealth +11; Nature +4; Intimidate +6; Perception +11; can't use Knowledge skills except Geography and Nature.
Passives
Spoiler
The Tiger threatens a critical hit on a natural d20 attack result of 18-20. Its first successful attack each Round deals HP Reduction to match its damage, to a maximum of 5 HP Reduction.

After it successfully uses the in-combat use of Perception on an opponent, the Tiger gains a +3 fury bonus to attacks against that opponent until the start of its next turn.

The Tiger ignores the normal penalty for moving out of a square of difficult terrain.

2/Round, when attacked by an opponent that is not Concealed or Fully Concealed, the Tiger can roll a Reflex save and use the result in place of its AC against that attack (if the result is higher than its AC).

2/Encounter, when the Tiger successfully makes a Reflex save, it can ignore partial effects (such as half damage) from the effect that triggered the Reflex save.

The Tiger takes no damage from extreme hot or cold weather.

1/Encounter, when the Tiger becomes Dead, it can take a final Standard Action. This cannot prevent its death.
Free Actions
Spoiler
The Tiger can take a 5-ft step on its turn even if it uses its Move Action that turn to move.

2/Round (once per action), when the Tiger voluntarily exits a square during a 5-ft step or an action, it may deal 4 Physical damage to an opponent adjacent to that square and move that opponent 5 ft in a direction of the Tiger's choice; this movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

1/Encounter immediately when reduced below 21 HP, the Tiger can gain the ability to use the Run combat maneuver as a Swift Action for the next 3 Rounds.
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

House Rules
  • Since I don't plan to use the Legendary Creature rules, I am making History the skill to identify Humanoids and Giants. Medicine remains the skill to identify Undead, in addition to its other uses.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Detailed Stats:
Monstrous Spider
Small-Sized Aberration 1

Identification DC 14 (Arcana); Awareness DC 13; Vision Mode Darkvision.
Initiative +4
Ranges: Melee 5 ft; Close 25 ft; Medium 110 ft; Long 440 ft; Extreme 1100 ft.
Hit Points 26
Damage Reduction 2
Armor Class 18 (deflection 1)
Saves: Fortitude +6, Reflex +3, Will +2
Acrobatics DC 15; Social DCs: Bluff 13, Diplomacy 11, Intimidate 10, Perception 10.
Movement Speed 30 ft; Maneuvers DC 12.
Brutal Bite Natural Weapon: Melee range; Attack +6; Damage 1d6+7 Physical. Inflicts Bleeding and HP Reduction 2 on a critical hit.
Acid Spit Weapon: Close range; Attack +6; Damage 1d6+5 Acid. (Provides AC+1 and Initiative+2.)
Str 14 (+2), Dex 14 (+2), Con 18 (+4), Int 10 (+0), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 8 (-1)
Skills: Acrobatics +3; Athletics +3; Stealth +3; Vigor +5; Intimidate +0
Passives
Spoiler
The Monstrous Spider threatens a critical hit on a natural d20 attack result of 18-20.

The Monstrous Spider's attacks deal +1d6 Precision damage to opponents that are Flat-Footed, Helpless, Confused, Dazed, Stunned, Entangled, Exhausted, Shaken, Frightened, Panicked, or Cowering.

When initiative is rolled, the Monstrous Spider and all of its allies can take a 5-ft step before the first Round begins.
Swift Actions
Spoiler
1/Encounter, the Monstrous Spider can create a Blight: a 30-ft-radius Spread originating within its Close range, which lasts until the end of the Encounter.
- Blights are difficult terrain for its opponents.
- Opponents who start their turn within Blight become Vulnerable to all damage inflicted by the Monstrous Spider (while it is also in Blight) for 1 Round (Will DC 14 negates).
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Yes, I got into this enough that I started drawing up an adventure outline instead of just world-building. :D

In other news, LegendKeeper is an awesome tool ...
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

No longer in this setting ...
Spoiler
Detailed Stats:
Alston Ningel, Chief Missionary of the Daelist Way
Small-Sized Humanoid 12

Identification DC 22 (History); Awareness DC 23.
Vision Modes: Darkvision
Initiative +9
Ranges: Melee 20 ft; Close 55 ft; Medium 220 ft; Long 880 ft; Extreme 2200 ft.
Hit Points 206
Damage Reduction 4; Resistances Physical damage 12.
Armor Class 38 (deflection 6)
Saves: Fortitude +16, Reflex +15, Will +17
Acrobatics DC 26; Social DCs: Bluff 24, Diplomacy 24, Intimidate 29, Perception 29.
Movement Speed 90 ft; Movement Mode Fly; Maneuvers DC 23.
Gnomish Saber Weapon: Melee range; Attack +19/+14; Damage 1d6+7 Physical. Alston can take a 5-ft Step even in a turn when he uses his Move Action to move. (Provides AC+1 and Initiative+2.)
Shortbow Weapon: Medium range; Attack +17/+12; Damage 1d6+10 Physical. (Provides AC+1.)
Unarmed Strike Natural Weapon: Melee range; Attack +17/+12; Damage 1d6+7 Physical.
Str 8 (-1), Dex 24 (+7), Con 18 (+4), Int 12 (+1), Wis 12 (+1), Cha 22 (+6)
Skills: Acrobatics +19; Athletics +11; Stealth +19; Vigor +16; History +13; Diplomacy +20
Passives
Spoiler
Whenever Alston moves at least 10 ft, his next attack that Round deals +18 Precision damage.

Whenever Alston makes a melee attack without benefitting from the Reach property (Melee range +5 ft), against a target who has a Deflection bonus to AC, he gains a feat bonus to his attack roll equal to half the deflection bonus (minumum +1).

Alston is always aware if he has an opponent in Close range.

Alston ignores the normal movement penalty for moving out of a square of Difficult Terrain.

Healing effects (except Fast Healing) heal +5 Hit Points for Alston.

Alston takes no damage from extreme hot or cold weather. He can hold his breath for 18 minutes, or 18 Rounds in a hard vacuum, before Suffocating.
Free Actions
Spoiler
2/Round, if Alston has made a single attack as a Standard Action, each time he subsequently moves at least 10 ft (and completes his movement action), he can make an additional attack called a Once More! attack. The first successful Once More! attack of the Round inflicts the Battered condition on the target for 2 Rounds (Fortitude DC 23 negates).

Once per Round after attacking on his turn, Alston can immediately take two extra 5-ft Steps and make a Bonus Attack.

Alston can take an extra 5-ft Step each turn. If Alston uses his Move Action to do anything other than move, he can take an additional 5-ft Step that turn.

Fast Healing 6. Being Flat-Footed does not prevent Alston from making Attacks of Opportunity or taking Immediate Actions.

1/Encounter, when Alston successfully makes a Reflex save, he can ignore partial effects (such as half damage) from the effect that triggered the Reflex save.
Standard Actions
Spoiler
At any point during movement, Alston can make an Attack Action, then continue his movement afterwards.

1/Scene, Alston can use the Teleport spell as a Supernatural ability.
Move Actions
Spoiler
Alston can start singing a Song, which lasts for 1 Round (but see Swift Actions) and affects targets within his Long range; he can have up to two Songs going simultaneously. Allies who start their turns benefitting from a Song may choose to lose one Condition (Bleeding, Burning, Dazzled, Fatigued, Shaken, or Sickened).
  • War Chant: Allies' attacks enjoy a +6 bonus to damage.
  • Shield Chant: Allies gain a +2 deflection bonus to AC or a +4 bonus to Saves.
  • Screech: Opponents take a -4 penalty to AC or a -2 penalty to Saves. At the start of their turns, affected opponents can attempt a DC 22 Will Save to suspend this effect on themselves for 1 Round.
  • Paean to Precision: Allies' attacks' Critical Threat Range expands by 1 (or to 18-20 if it was simply 20 before).
Swift Actions
Spoiler
Alston can continue a Song (or both Songs) that he was singing in the previous Round, extending their duration for another Round.
Social Encounters
Spoiler
Alston's linguistic skills are such that he can speak to almost anything except deeply alien or non-sapient creatures.
Last edited by CaptainKaulu on Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.