The T-Verse [Earth 75]: Dragon Mandarin, Ninjas, & Naginatas, the Storms, Black Fox, Scorpion, Toad

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Tattooedman

Sentry

Post by Tattooedman »

Sentry:
PL:
Strength 5
Stamina 5
Agility 6
Dexterity 6
Fighting 8
Intellect 2
Awareness 5
Presence 6

Skills: Acrobatics 9 (+15), Athletics 6 (+11), Expertise [Tactics] 12 (+14), Insight 9 (+14), Intimidation 3 (+9), Investigation 3 (+5), Perception 8 (+13), Persuasion 6 (+12), Stealth 6 (+12), Treatment 4 (+6)

Advantages: Assessment, Close Attack 6, Cunning Fighter, Defensive Attack, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash, Improved Throw, Inspire 5, Instant Up, Interpose, Leadership, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack [melee; concealment], Ranged Attack 2, Second Chance [Fortitude Resistance Checks], Set-Up 2, Teamwork 2, Ultimate Effort [Will Resistance Checks]

Powers: Peak Human Physiology:
Enhanced Advantages 4 [Diehard, Great Endurance, Evasion 2]
Immunity 2 [Disease, Poison]
Speed 2
-Leaping 2

Guardian’s Shield: (Easily Removable –16 pts) [24 pp]
Artifact: Features 2 [Shrinks for easier carry]
Steadfast & Ready Array:
Ultimate Defense: Immunity 80 [Dodge and Parry Based Attacks] (Extras: Affects Others, Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Concentration, Limited [Doesn’t work against surprise attacks or large area effects], Limited [Burst Area is reduced by half])
-Defensive Stance:
Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited [Only for Resisting Movement Effects])
Enhanced Advantages 4 [Improved Defense, Weapon Bind, Weapon Break, Withstand Damage]
-Shield Strike: Strength-Based Bludgeoning Damage 3 (Extra: Penetrating 8); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)

Dwarven Made Armor: (Removable –1 pt) [5 pp]
Ready To Defend: Features 2 [Conceals wearer’s identity, Quick Change]
Mithril Armor: Protection 4

Offense: Initiative +10
Melee Attack +14
Ranged Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +13
Parry +13
Toughness +9**/+5 [* Dwarven Made Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 86+ Skills 22+ Advantages 32+ Powers 38+ Defenses 18= 196 pts.

Height: 5'7"
Weight: 134 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Blue

Complications:
Enemy: COBRA.

Identity: The fact that Jodi Bridges is actually the hero known as the Sentry is a secret she keeps to protect her friends and family.

Motivation ~Responsibility: Jodi believes that she should use her skills and abilities to protect others.

Responsibility: Jodi is a defender of the city of Dunspeirrin.

Secret: Jodi keeps the location of Dunspeirrin a secret to protect her adopted home.

Background: Hidden in the Rocky Mountains, far removed from the prying eyes of humanity is the Dwarven city of Dunspeirrin, founded when several clans of Dwarves were banished from Svartalfheim. For several hundreds of years, the Dwarves lived in isolation, happy, with their main threats being the creatures known as the Drow, dark skinned Elves who sought to enslave the Dwarves. Their king, Beris Stoneshield had led his people against the Drow, and it was during one of the regular patrols around Dunspeirrin he led that a Drow raiding party was discovered with human prisoners; specifically, a young couple with a small female child.

Beris knew little about humans but knew the evils the Drow were capable of and wasted no time in leading his men in a rescue effort. During the ensuing melee, the human man lept into the path of a sneak attack intended for Beris, dying as a result of his injuries he asked the Dwarf to take care of his wife and young daughter. After Beris and his men had defeated the Drow the human mother and daughter were taken back to Dunspeirrin where, despite the best efforts of the city’s healers, the mother died from the injuries she had suffered. Left with the young human girl, Jodi Bridges, the Dwarven King decided that she would be raised as one of his children as he felt indebted to her father for saving his own life.

Jodi adjusted as well as could be expected, and when she was the proper age, she was trained alongside the other children of the Dunspeirrin in how to defend their hidden home using a variety of weapons in addition to their fists. It was difficult for Jodi at first given the physical differences she had compared to the others, but she never gave up and pushed herself to her limits to become one of the best members of her class.

A few months after her eighteenth birthday Jodi decided that she should travel outside Dunspeirrin to see the world she had come from, though her adoptive parents insisted that she take her shield and armor (just in case she ran into trouble). Not surprisingly, it did not take Jodi too long to find herself in a situation where her skills and shield could make a difference.

So she took a deep breath, summoned her armor, and the rest is history as they say.

One of the deadliest threats Jodi has faced is COBRA (the Cult Of Blood Red Armageddon), whose goal is to take over America and then to use it as the steppingstone to global domination. Jodi has a strong dislike of the organization because most of their plots involve high number of casualties to the general public as they seek to destroy all the things that she holds dear.

Several years ago, Jodi was contacted by an older hero, Blackstone I, who was gathering a group of men and women that would be able to better protect the public if they worked together. After a long talk with the man, Jodi recalled her father telling her several times that there had been instances where backup would have been a good thing to have had and she didn’t hesitate to join that gathering of heroes is now known as the Alliance.

Art by Gaston25, on DeviantArt.com
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:19 am, edited 7 times in total.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Re: The T-Verse (Earth 75)

Post by Tattooedman »

And that's it for the Alliance, at least for now that is, plus Imbolic a personal favorite character of mine. I figured since they were part of one of my favorite tabletop settings it was only fair to include them in this "new" setting as well.

Next up.....well I'm not 100% sure really. I've got a lot of stuff to post for this but am currently very disorganized at the moment as many of those characters & ideas aren't fully developed, yet. So I'll put it to those of you who might be browsing this thread - should it be heroes or some villains next? Or maybe something that's mentioned in one of the other posts that caught your interest?
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Tattooedman

Spike

Post by Tattooedman »

Spike:
PL:
Strength 10
Stamina 8
Agility 4
Dexterity 0
Fighting 6
Intellect 0
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 8 (+16), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+6), Expertise [Pop Culture] 6 (+6), Insight 4 (+5), Intimidation 9 (+10), Perception 6 (+7), Ranged Combat [Thrown Objects] 8 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Close Attack 2, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Takedown 2

Powers: Faster Than He Looks: Speed 2
-Strong Legs: Leaping 2

Healing Factor: Regeneration 5 [1/2 rounds]

Large Size: Growth 2 [Strength +2, Stamina +2, Intimidation +1; Dodge/Parry -1, Stealth -2] (Extra: Increased Duration [Continuous]); (Feat: Innate); (Flaw: Permanent)

Spikes: Strength-Based Piercing Damage 2 (Feats: Improved Critical 4, Improved Smash)

Spike Armor: Protection 4 (Extra: Impervious 12)

Super Strong: Enhanced Strength 5 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting Only])

Tail: Extra Limb 1 (Feats: Benefit [Ambidexterious], Improved Grab)

Feats Of Super Strength:
Groundstrike: Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Flaw: Limited [Targets must be on the same surface as Spike])
-Massive Knockback: Move Object 10 (Flaw: Close Range, Limited [Away Only])
-Shockwave: Affliction 10 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree, Limited [Targets must be on the same surface as Spike])
-Unstoppable: Burrowing 10 (Extra: Penetrating)

Offense: Initiative +4
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +0 // Thrown Objects Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +12
Will +6

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 17+ Advantages 9+ Powers 48+ Defenses 15= 139 pts.

Height: 8'
Weight: 507 lbs
Hair: Reddish-Orange
Eye Color: Bluish-White

Complications:
Disability: Spike's sense of touch is diminished because of his powers; thus anything requiring a delicate touch forces him to make a Dexterity DC 10 or else he breaks the item.
Monstrous Appearance: Spike's inhuman appearance makes it nearly impossible for him to blend into normal society.

Prejudice: Alpha criminal.

Background: Darryl Eriks hated his life; it was nearly a never ending torture between the bullying he was subjected to at school, the homework he got from the advanced classes his parents forced him to take. All he wanted to do was play his favorite online game, eat a bunch of junk food, complain about how the latest movie was a thinly disguised, bad remake of a much cooler, older movie, and try to get a date.

Unfortunately life apparently had other plans.

Many Alphas manifest their powers under moments of extreme stress, such as when a person finally lashes out against his tormentors after years of mistreatment, and Darryl suddenly was much larger than his tormentors. The fact that he skin had the appearance of stone and there were several spikes of various sizes all over his body didn't really seem to bother him as he punched Brad Metzer down the hallway and went after his "bros" with zeal. Needless to say that the rampage of a newly manifest Alpha at a high school gained the attention of the local super heroes, and Vega soon appeared on the scene but their exchange quickly degraded into a brawl that left almost half the school demolished.

Darryl ended up in police custody afterwards, but due to his age and the circumstances surrounding his manifesting his powers he was given a lenient sentence with the hopes he would see the error of his ways and was enrolled in the Vanguard Academy. Unfortunately Darryl's attitude had changed almost as much as his appearance had - gone was the quiet, almost shy teen and in his place was an overly aggressive, braggart that was willing to escalate things to violence to resolve them. Within months Darryl was on the verge of being expelled from the Academy and sent to New Alcatraz, the United States only Alpha prison, when he left in the middle of one night having realized what was coming his way. Days later Darryl committed his first crime - robbing a fast food restaurant because he hadn't eaten since leaving the Academy. This was a sign of the kind of crimes Spike, as Darryl called himself, would be known for because despite his efforts to establish himself as a super villain.

Now years later Spike is considered to be "goon muscle" of the super villain set, though he's more than happy with his life as he views himself as living life on his terms now and is no longer anyone's victim.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Yeah I know I said I had no clue what to post next but then I ran across my build for Spike, and I just can't help but love me some Jobber type villains. So he's the first villain for the setting.
Ken

Re: Sentry

Post by Ken »

Tattooedman wrote:Image
Reminds me of Valentine Dyall.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

After looking him up, I'm inclined to agree. Funny thing is I didn't know anything about Mr. Dyall when I wrote Sentry up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Tattooedman wrote:
After looking him up, I'm inclined to agree. Funny thing is I didn't know anything about Mr. Dyall when I wrote Sentry up.
Yeah. I'm the guy who who does things like
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:
FuzzyBoots wrote:I also always figured that Omega was weakened on other worlds than those in the Terminus.
Omega wasn't in Terminus. That was the Black Guardian. Omega was in Arc of Infinity, three story arcs earlier.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Ken wrote:Yeah. I'm the guy who who does things like
Earth-Two_Kenn wrote:
FuzzyBoots wrote:I also always figured that Omega was weakened on other worlds than those in the Terminus.
Omega wasn't in Terminus. That was the Black Guardian. Omega was in Arc of Infinity, three story arcs earlier.
Yeah I saw that when it was first posted, and when I read about Dyall I saw a reference to his role as the Black Guardian I wondered why it was familiar to me even though I knew nothing about him. Then it hit me when I read your last post.
Tattooedman

Count Drazer

Post by Tattooedman »

Count Drazer:
PL:
Strength 4
Stamina 4
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 5
Awareness 5
Presence 5

Skills: Acrobatics 3 (+7), Athletics 4 (+8), Close Combat [Swords] 4 (+14), Deception 12 (+17), Expertise [Civics] 6 (+11), Expertise [Criminal] 9 (+14), Expertise [Science] 10 (+15), Expertise [Tactics] 9 (+14), Insight 9 (+14), Intimidation 7 (+12), Investigation 3 (+8), Perception 6 (+11), Persuasion 8 (+13), Ranged Combat [Death Ray] 2 (+12), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 10 (+15), Vehicles [Air] 5 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 5 (+9)

Advantages: Benefit 2 [Status 2 (Titled - Count)], Benefit 2 [Wealth x2 (Independently Wealthy)], Close Attack 2, Contacts, Connected, Defensive Attack, Equipment 6, Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Inspire 4, Inventor, Languages 3 [Base: German; English, French, Italian, Russian], Power Attack, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge, Well-Informed

Powers: Death Ray: (Easily Removable –14 pts) [21 pp]
Laser: Ranged Heat Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Accurate, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 2, Precise)

Mithral Longsword: (Easily Removable -6 pts) [9 pp]
Unbreakable: Feature 1 [Indestructible].
Razor Sharp: Strength-Based Slashing Damage 4 (Extra: Penetrating 8); (Feats: Improved Critical, Variable Descriptor [Piercing])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +10 // Sword Attacks +14
Ranged Attack +8 // Death Ray Attacks +12

Defense: Dodge +14
Parry +14
Toughness +8*/+4 [*Armor]
Fortitude +8
Will +12

Equipment: Armor: Protection 4 (Feat: Feature 1 [Hidden Pockets]) (5 ep)

Castle Fortress (22 ep):
Size: Huge
Toughness: 10
Features: Communications, Computer, Deathtraps, Grounds, Garage, Hangar, Holding Cells, Infirmary, Isolated, Laboratory, Library, Living Space, Personnel, Security System 3 [DC 30], Workshop

Costs: Abilities 78+ Skills 39+ Advantages 35+ Powers 30+ Defenses 27= 209 pts.

Height: 6'2"
Weight: 197 lbs
Hair: Blonde
Eye Color: Hazel

Complications:
Honor: Count Drazer conducts himself with a code of conduct that is based upon the standards of European nobility via the late 1800s.

Motivation ~Power: Count Drazer is motivated by a twisted altruism, believing that he can save the world by taking it over, and is willing to use whatever means called for.

Prejudice: Criminal Alpha.

Background: Count Harlan Drazer, the thirteenth member of his family to hold the title, was motivated by a twisted altruism to save the world by taking it over, or at least manipulating it towards what he perceives as a beneficial future. Count Drazer knew from the start that such actions would bring him into conflict with the self-appointed “heroes” of the world, those who (in his opinion) only maintained the status quo and never truly did anything to advance humanity; deciding to act through intermediaries to hide his involvement, Count Drazer recruited super villains Technovora and Spellbinder to act as the leaders (although they were actually his lieutenants) of the group (who would come to be known as the Sovereigns). The two criminals would oversee the day to day managing of the other super villains they assembled as well as executing Drazer’s plans. For several years the members of the Sovereigns, who were selected for their unique abilities, talents and skills, were unaware that they were agents of Count Drazer. All they saw was the money coming in and a support system that allowed them to retain their freedom despite their clashes with superheroes.

It wasn't until the Sovereigns assembled a mind control device and took over an American space station to use the device on the world that Drazer revealed his involvement to them. Meeting them onboard the satellite, he quickly asserted his dominance over the assembled super villains while explaining how they had always worked for him. Drazer then directly led the Sovereigns in what he thought would be his ascension to ruler of the planet; unfortunately for Drazer, he had not counted on members of the Alliance being able to resist the device's effect nor their being able to construct a device to counter said effect in others. When the Alliance arrived on the satellite, they faced nearly impossible odds as they faced not only the Sovereigns but several members of the Vanguard. Despite the odds against them, the Alliance managed to free the members of the Vanguard from Drazer’s control and stop his plot but were unable to capture him or his lieutenants in the ensuing chaos. Not the kind of man to accept a setback, Drazer went into hiding and spent several months developing his next machinations.

In the years since Count Drazer and the Sovereigns have clashed with both the Alliance and the Vanguard numerous times, always making sure he has an escape route in place for himself and his lieutenants and is always devising new avenues of profit to fund his next plan while seeking new members to recruit into the Sovereigns.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:12 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

Well I figured that since I got all of the Alliance members posted it'd be good to post their opposite number - the Masters of Doom. So their founder/leader is first with the rest to follow.
Tattooedman

Buzzsaw

Post by Tattooedman »

Buzzsaw:
PL:
Strength 8
Stamina 6
Agility 2
Dexterity 4
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 0

Skills: Athletics 4 (+12), Close Combat [Saw Blades] 4 (+10), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+7/+19), Insight 6 (+8), Intimidation 6 (+6/+12), Perception 6 (+8), Ranged Combat [Saw Blade Arsenal Array] 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+10), Vehicles [Land] 6 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Contacts, Improved Feint, Power Attack, Set-Up, Startle, Teamwork

Powers: Cybernetic Body:
Enhanced Strength 2 (Flaw: Limited [Lifting only])
Enhanced Skill 4 [Expertise (Criminal) +12] (Flaw: Limited [Only to Breaking & Entering themed checks])
Enhanced Skill 2 [Intimidation +6]
Extra Limb 2 [arms]
Immunity 9 [All Environmental Conditions, Disease, Poison, Suffocation]
Protection 4

Saw Blade Arsenal Array:
Flying Buzzsaw: Ranged Piercing Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical 4, Variable Descriptor [Slashing])
-Handsaw: Piercing Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Improved Critical 3, Improved Smash, Variable Descriptor [Slashing])
-Buzzsaw Barrage: Ranged Piercing Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Variable Descriptor [Slashing])

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +6 // Saw Blades Attack +10
Ranged Attack +4 // Saw Blade Arsenal Array Attack +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10
Fortitude +8
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 58+ Skills 19+ Advantages 7+ Powers 58+ Defenses 20= 162 pts.

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 363 lbs
Hair: None
Eye Color: Yellow LED

Complications:
Motivation ~Greed: Buzzsaw wants money and the easy life....

Motivation ~Revenge: ....but he'd really like to "get even" with Vega.

Background: Carl Ward only knew life on the streets, the fourth son of a single, drug addicted mother he eventually found a family in a local street gang. It took him a few years but Carl managed to work his way up until he was the one running the gang, it helped that Carl only cared about himself and was willing to do pretty much anything to take care of himself.

Then his gang ran afoul of the hero Vega, who has a strong dislike of gangs, and he quickly dismantled their entire set up; destroying their hangout as well as sending the vast majority of their money makers to jail. Carl used his connections to get a hold of a giant battle suit and faced off against Vega only to find out more power didn't do much if you didn't really know how to use it and found himself easily beaten and sent to jail himself. However thanks to some shrewd legal work by his lawyer, Carl was soon out on bail where he quickly used the remaining cash he'd saved up to buy some serious hardware - becoming a cyborg armed with saw-like weapons that he was guaranteed would be able to cut into Vega's super dense skin.

While Carl did manage to hold his own better this time around, Vega still managed to defeat him. Though this time around Carl managed to escape police custody and go underground to plot his next move against the hero. A few months later Count Drazer had his agents contact Carl about getting revenge on Vega and the former gang banger couldn't agree quick enough to get another shot at the guy he blamed for his life falling apart. Now as part of the Sovereigns, Buzzsaw is little more than a thug with some fancy weapons but he doesn't care as all he wants is his shot at Vega and is willing to cut down anything or anyone that might get in his way.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:46 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Tattooedman

Dr. Zero

Post by Tattooedman »

Dr. Zero:
PL:
Strength 10 (0)
Stamina 10 (2)
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 3 (+13), Close Combat [Unarmed] 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+6), Expertise [Biology] 5 (+8), Expertise [Criminal] 4 (+7), Expertise [Science] 5 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 6 (+7/+11), Perception 6 (+9), Ranged Combat [Cold Control Array] 4 (+10), Technology 8 (+11)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Task Focus 2 [Expertise (Science: Cryonics)]

Powers: Ice Giant:
Enhanced Strength 2
Enhanced Skill 1 [Intimidation +3]
Growth 4 [Strength +4, Stamina +4, Intimidation +1, Reach +1; Dodge/Parry -2, Stealth -4] (Extra: Increased Duration [Continuous]); (Flaws: Permanent, Quirk [Max rank only])
Growth 4 [Strength +4, Stamina +4] (Extras: Density, Increased Duration [Continuous]); (Flaws: Permanent, Quirk [Max rank only])
Immunity 6 [Environmental Cold, Cold Damage]
Impervious Toughness 10
Movement 2 [Environmental Adaptation (Ice/Cold), Trackless (Limited – Only on snow/ice)]
Regeneration 2 [1/5 rounds] (Flaw: Source [cold/ice])

Cold Control Array:
Blizzard: Environment 10 [extreme cold, visibility (-5 penalty to Perception checks)] (Extra: Selective [mix-n-match])
-Flash Freeze: Ranged Weaken Toughness 10 (Extra: Affects Objects Only)
-Hail Blast: Ranged Cold Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack)
-Ice Binding: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobilized; resisted by Dodge/Damage] (Extras: Cumulative, Extra Degree); (Feat: Reversible); (Flaw: Limited Degree)
-Ice Blast: Ranged Cold Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Feat: Variable Descriptor [Piercing])
-Ice Slick: Ranged Affliction 10 [Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Prone; resisted by Dodge] (Extras: Area [Burst], Extra Condition); (Feat: Reversible); (Flaw: Limited Degree)

Offense: Initiative +2
Melee Attack +6 // Unarmed Attacks +10
Ranged Attack +6 // Cold Control Array Attacks +10

Defense: Dodge +10
Parry +10
Toughness +10* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +10
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 34+ Skills 21+ Advantages 9+ Powers 83+ Defenses 17= 164 pts.

Height: 10’
Weight: Unknown
Hair: White
Eye Color: White

Complications:
Enemy: Arc.

Motivation ~Power: Dr. Zero wants personal power, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get it.

Power Loss: Dr. Zero needs residual moisture to be able to use his Cold Control Array.

Weakness: Because of Dr. Zero's altered physiology, he suffers additional damage (+50%) from Fire/Heat based effects.

Background: Dr. Martin Phelps was a scientist who was fascinated with cryogenics; eventually he developed a new kind of cryogenic fluid that he theorized was a hundred times more intense than any other previously made, which Phelps named Zero Fluid. Unfortunately for Dr. Phelps, his work caught the attention of those in control of Noxxor Industries and they made an offer to purchase the formula for Zero Fluid. It was an offer that Dr. Phelps turned down as he saw his creation as something for the betterment of mankind and sought to release it so that it could be used in that manner instead of overly priced and controlled by a single person or corporation. Not willing to be told no, the Noxxor executives saw fit to hire the supervillain Rumble to steal the Zero Point formula and a sample of it for them, but the criminal ran afoul of the electrical hero Arc who tried to stop the robbery at Dr. Phelps' lab. While Arc was able to prevent Rumble from achieving his goal Dr. Phelps didn't escape the event unscathed; during the course of the fight the scientist was knocked into a vat of the Zero Fluid that had been damaged during the altercation and the resulting reaction between the power source of the tanks regulator and the experimental fluid caused a severe body-wide reaction that transformed Phelps’ physiology from that of flesh and blood into that of a type of organic ice.

Phelps spent several months in the hospital dealing with the shock of his painful transformation and unable to touch another person without safeguards in place, else he would unintentionally freeze the liquids in their body immediately and kill them. As a result, Phelps was forced to wear a specially made suit that preventing direct skin-to-skin contact with other people. When he was finally released Dr. Phelps was a different man than before - he was severely depressed because of his condition and had become fixated on taking revenge on the person he blamed – Arc. Phelps drew the hero out by going on a rampage and learned that the hero wasn't so easily defeated. Since then Phelps has been calling himself Dr. Zero during his follow up attempts at vengeance and fall into super villainy.

A few years ago Dr. Zero refined his control over his powers to the point that he overcame his disability, no longer requiring safeguards, with the added side effect of permanently increasing his size. Dr. Zero is still trying to figure out a means of returning himself to his flesh and blood body while being able to retain his powers as he has grown very used to having them. Also around this time Dr. Zero was recruited into the villainous team, the Sovereigns, where he has been able to continue his research while following the assignments given to him.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:14 am, edited 10 times in total.
Tattooedman

Hazzard

Post by Tattooedman »

Hazard:
PL:
Strength 12
Stamina 10
Agility 4
Dexterity 4
Fighting 8
Intellect 1
Awareness 2
Presence 1

Skills: Athletics 5 (+19), Expertise [Mercenary] 8 (+10),
Expertise [Military] 6 (+7), Insight 7 (+9), Intimidation 11 (+12), Perception 7 (+9), Ranged Combat [X-Radiation Blast] 1 (+8), Ranged Combat [Thrown] 3 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10), Technology 3 (+4), Vehicles [Land] 4 (+8)

Advantages: All-Out Attack, Improved Critical [Unarmed] 2, Follow-Up Strike, Improved Feint, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Startle

Powers: Irradiated Physiology:
Enhanced Advantages 2 [Great Endurance, Improved Initiative]
Flight 8 (Feat: Move-By Action)
Immunity 10 [Life Support]
Protection 2 (Extra: Impervious 12)

X-Radiation Blast: Ranged Radiation Damage 12 (Extra: Penetrating); (Feats: Accurate, Improved Critical 2)

Feats Of Super Strength:
-Cracking The Whip: Affliction 10 [Dazed & Vulnerable, Stunned & Prone; resisted by Dodge/Fortitude] (Extras: Area [Line] 2, Extra Condition); (Flaw: Limited Degree, Limited [Only targets on the same surface as Hazard])
-Groundstrike: Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Line] 2); (Flaw: Limited [Only targets on the same surface as Hazard])
-Immovable: Immunity 10 [Being moved] (Extra: Sustained)
-Shockwave: Bludgeoning Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Cone] 2); (Flaw: Limited [Only targets on the same surface as Hazard])

Offense: Initiative +8
Melee Attack +8
Ranged Attack +5 // Thrown Attack +8 // X-Radiation Blast Attack +8

Defense: Dodge +8
Parry +8
Toughness +12* [*Impervious]
Fortitude +12
Will +8

Costs: Abilities 68+ Skills 21+ Advantages 8+ Powers 86+ Defenses 12= 195 pts.

Height: 6'4"
Weight: 300 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: Hazard enjoys the excitment of being a supervillain.

Soldier Mindset: Hazard is unquestioningly loyal to Count Drazer, and follows his orders without hesitation.

Background: Andrew Gallows grew up on a small farm in Kansas dreaming of the day that he would leave it and see the world. The day he turned eighteen he bought a bus ticket to the closest city and went straight to the Army recruiter’s office and joined. Unfortunately for Andrew life in the Army during peace time was nothing like the war stories his uncle had told him on the porch of his house every week. In the modern Army men only saw action if they were assigned to stations in third world countries and all Andrew had seen was the Florida coast. After two years of mundane military life and a slew of reprimands in his personal file Andrew went A.W.O.L., fleeing to Mexico where he connected with a one of the few friends he had made in the Army who could get Andrew hired on with the mercenary company he was working for.

Andrew truly enjoyed life as a merc, living the life he had wanted in the Army. Going from country to country fighting in every type of combat possible, from light mechanized vehicles to sniper work. After a few years was recruited to work for a man in South America who demanded the best of the mercenary world, those who would follow orders without question and immediately. The man who hired Andrew was none other than Count Drazer, a war criminal who had just finished rebuilding his family castle in the mountain regions his family had owned for generations. Andrew served Count Drazer for several years, having been hired just prior to the beginning of the Count's rivalry with the Sentry, all the time Andrew was in the background following every order given to him, he was even present when Count Drazer had his final face off with the Sentry and was one of his successor's, the Count's son Hugo, most relied upon men.

When the thirteenth Count Drazer decided to assemble a team of supervillains to aid him in achieving his goal of taking over the world, he was sure he could control the various members he recruited, Count Drazer still chose to empower a one of his own personal guard who he knew would be totally loyal to him and Andrew was the Count's first choice. Count Drazer devised a procedure to empower Andrew using radiation and months later Andrew was empowered and given the code named Hazard.

Hazard not only serves as a member of the Sovereigns, he also acts as Count Drazer's personal bodyguard though the villain Painkiller has been tasked that job as well since his joining the group. Count Drazer wants both men to serve in that function with Painkiller reporting to Hazard, and while the two men do not get along personality-wise, they are able to put aside their personal feelings towards one another to be able to work together.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:15 am, edited 5 times in total.
Tattooedman

R.A.I.D.E.R.

Post by Tattooedman »

R.A.I.D.E.R.:
PL:
Strength 1
Stamina 1
Agility 1
Dexterity 1
Fighting 4
Intellect 5
Awareness 1
Presence 0

Skills: Close Combat [Unarmed] 0 (+8) Expertise [Business] 6 (+11), Expertise [Computers] 10 (+15), Expertise [Pop Culture] 5 (+10), Expertise [Science] 10 (+15), Insight 7 (+8), Intimidation 8 (+8), Perception 7 (+8), Ranged Combat [Micro-Stored Weapons Systems Array] 6 (+10), Technology 10 (+15)

Advantages: Accurate Attack, Connected, Inventor, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 3, Skill Mastery [Expertise (Computers)], Skill Mastery [Expertise (Science)], Skill Mastery [Technology], Speed of Thought

Powers: R.A.I.D.E.R. Armor: (Removable –20 pts) [80 pp]
Combat Computer:
Enhanced Skill 5 [Close Combat (Unarmed) +4, Ranged Combat (Micro-Stored Weapons Systems Array) +6]
Enhanced Dodge 6
Enhanced Parry 6
Environmental Seals:
Enhanced Fortitude 3
Immunity 9 [Disease, All Environmental Conditions, Poison, Suffocation]
Flexi-Steel Plating: Protection 9 (Extra: Impervious 10)
Micro-Jets: Flight 8 (Feat: Move-By Action)
Mini-Drones: Summon 5 (Extras: Controlled, Horde); (Feats: Mental Link, Multiple Minions 4 [8 total])
Sensor Array: Senses 10 [Darkvision, Infravision, Direction Sense, Radar (Accurate, Radius, Ranged Radio sense), Radio, Time Sense]
Micro-Stored Weapons Systems Array:
Autocannon: Ranged Ballistic Damage 10 (Extra: Multiattack); (Feat: Improved Critical 2)
-Plasma Gun: Ranged Heat Damage 10 (Extra: Penetrating)
-Micro Missiles: Ranged Ballistic Damage 10 (Extra: Area [Burst]); (Feat: Homing 2)

Offense: Initiative +5
Melee Attack +4 // Unarmed Attack +8
Ranged Attack +4 // Micro-Stored Weapons Systems Array Attacks +10

Defense: Dodge +10*/+4 [*R.A.I.D.E.R. Armor]
Parry +10*/+4 [*R.A.I.D.E.R. Armor]
Toughness +10* [*Imperious]
Fortitude +10*/+7 [*R.A.I.D.E.R. Armor]
Will +7

Costs: Abilities 28+ Skills 21+ Advantages 11+ Powers 80+ Defenses 15= 155 pts.

Height: 5'8" (out of armor)/ 6'3" (in armor)
Weight: 153 lbs
Hair: Red
Eye Color: Green

Complications:
Motivation ~Thrills: When it is all said and done, R.A.I.D.E.R. is a super villain because he enjoys the thrill of committing crimes and flaunting society’s rules.

Smartest One In The Room: R.A.I.D.E.R. is driven to prove he has one of the highest IQs possible and will often engage in debates with others to prove his intellectual superiority.

Sore Loser: R.A.I.D.E.R. holds grudges against those who are able to outsmart him.

Background: Mick Kramer was hailed as a genius as by the age of sixteen he held Masters Degrees in both mechanics and electronics from M.I.T., which allowed him his choice of employers for at whatever pay and benefits he wanted. By the time he was twenty-six Mick was wealthy enough to retire, but he was driven by the challenges of besting his last work.

At some point Mick became intrigued by the work of the inventor hero Makeshift; clearly the woman was using cutting edge technology that was decades beyond what was available, even to the industries, and Mick wondered why she hadn't heard anything more about her work through the usual circles. Thus, Mick began to study any and all footage that he could get his hands on of Makeshift in action in an attempt to figure out his tech. The things he learned from simply watching her work on the fly in the field allowed Mick to make several advancements on his own inventions, but soon even that wasn't enough. Mick wanted to totally understand the workings of Makeshift’s technology, and he was denied all attempts to contact Makeshift to ask his questions so the young scientist decided to try and steal the Tech Pakc so he could learn from it.

Knowing that he would need something unique to take on Makeshift, Mick pushed himself to design a highly customized suit of powered armor with a very different power source than what was normally used – a fragment of white dwarf matter. Granted that was difficult to acquire it but a little creative application of some of his computer skills made forging a work invoice to Odyssey Technologies made Mick’s getting in easy enough and the pseudo mask he’d worn was just added insurance that the security guard couldn’t identify him once the robbery was discovered. Then it was simply a matter of a few tests to determine how much of the white dwarf matter to use to power the armor, which was actually much more complex to do than to say and in the end, it took over six months of testing, trial and error before Mick had worked out the proper percentages and mass called for optimum performance. Then it was time for practicing with his creation, which took another month before the young scientist felt he was properly skilled with the micronized weapons the armor held.

In his debut fight against Makeshift, R.A.I.D.E.R., as Mick named himself while wearing the suit, was almost able to defeat the scientific hero. However, Mick hadn't considered the fact the Makeshift would have safeguards in the Tech Pack’s operating system in case somebody would possibly manage to hack into it. Within moments an advanced virus had overridden the command computer of the R.A.I.D.E.R. armor and shut it down while Mick was flying almost 50 feet in the air, leaving Mick with extensive list of injuries when he was arrested.

Mick's trial for the damages caused during his fight with Makeshift was long and took a large portion of his personal fortune in lawyer fees and restitution payments he was ordered to pay. He went to prison as well and he lost untold amounts of money in future projects as none of his current clients wanted anything to do with him now. Mick's time in jail left him with little else to do but think about his encounter with Makeshift and what had went wrong - Yes clearly it had been idiotic for him to assume Makeshift would not have had some kind of safety measures in place. He also designed a new internal computer for his armor that would be shielded from any future outside influences while in jail so that he could not be beaten the same way again when he went after Makeshift again, and after serving just over a year of his twenty-year sentence Mick escaped using a device, he’d put together from the various electronic parts he’d hired some of his fellow inmates to procure for him. Deciding not to waste any time, Mick broke into his old lab and helped himself to all the spare parts and tools he’d hidden there as a backup in case something had happened to his armor. He then stayed underground for several months until he felt he was ready to face Makeshift again after building the updated internal computer and assembled his new armor.

After a back-and-forth fight, with Makeshift pointing out some flaws on the design of his armor, Mick was defeated and sent back to prison to finish out his original sentence along with another ten years added on for escaping. But Mick only spent a few months counting his time when he was broken out by Count Drazer, who was seeking to add members to his growing group, the Sovereigns.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:47 am, edited 8 times in total.
Tattooedman

Painkiller

Post by Tattooedman »

Painkiller:
PL:
Strength 3
Stamina 5
Agility 2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 6
Intellect 2
Awareness 3
Presence 2

Skills: Athletics 3 (+6), Deception 4 (+6), Expertise [Criminal] 6 (+8), Insight 6 (+9), Intimidation 8 (+10), Perception 6 (+9), Sleight of Hand 8 (+10), Stealth 7 (+9), Vehicles [Land] 3 (+5)

Advantages: Close Attack 5, Daze [Intimidation], Defensive Roll 3, Improved Defense, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Power Attack, Ranged Attack, Startle, Takedown

Powers: Neurological Manipulation Array:
Anesthetize Target: Ranged Affliction 11 [Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed; resisted by Will] (Extra: Cumulative); (Feats: Accurate 4, Precise, Subtle); (Flaw: Diminished Range)
-Anesthetize Field: Affliction 10 [Dazed, Stunned, Paralyzed; resisted by Will] (Extras: Area [Burst], Cumulative); (Feats: Precise, Subtle)
-Disable Senses: Ranged Affliction 11 [Impaired, Disabled, Unaware; resisted by Will] (Extras: Cumulative); (Feats: Accurate 4, Subtle, Variable Descriptor [senses]); (Flaws: Diminished Range [10 ft/25 ft/50 ft], Limited [One sense only])

Offense: Initiative +6
Melee Attack +11
Ranged Attack +3 // Anesthetize Target/Disable Senses Attack +11

Defense: Dodge +12
Parry +12
Toughness +8*/+5 [*Defensive Roll]
Fortitude +9
Will +9

Costs: Abilities 50+ Skills 17+ Advantages 18+ Powers 40+ Defenses 26= 151 pts.

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 184 lbs
Hair: Black
Eye Color: Brown

Complications:
Not A Mook: While Painkiller acts uneducated to make his opponents underestimate him, he is actually intelligent, observant and well spoken.

Overconfident: Painkiller tends to underestimate the skills and abilities of his opponents.

Background: Painkiller was Alpha enforcer brought in by Leo Silvestri, the mob boss of New York City, as his entire operation was getting hammered by the vigilante hero Argus and wanted Painkiller to stop him. After observing Argus for a few weeks to get familiar with his modus operandi, Painkiller developed a plan to kill him and humiliate the local police - he set up a fake crack house with minimal drugs and a few expendable gangbangers normally used by the mob as cheap muscle. Painkiller's plan was to lure Argus in then make a call to the cops so that in the ensuing fracas Argus would be killed and the youths would be shot down as well, smearing the cops as baby-killers.

Unfortunately, Painkiller’s plan did not go down as he had intended; Argus was able to fight off the effects of Painkiller’s powers and his quick thinking averted the potential police massacre. The masked hero then faced Painkiller down man-to-man in a brutal fight during which he managed to incapacitate Painkiller and left him for the police. Painkiller was then shipped off to New Alcatraz where he stayed for several months until Count Drazer had him recruited into the Sovereigns and facilitated an escape for him.

Painkiller was made one of Count Drazer's personal bodyguards when he finally revealed himself to the group, something fellow Sovereigns member Hazard has an issue with as he's been with the Count for several years in that capacity and he and Painkiller do not get along. Though both men are smart enough to realize that they need to set aside those differences as Count Drazer will not tolerate any in-fighting between his people, so for now Painkiller patiently waits for the right opportunity to deal with Hazard.
Last edited by Tattooedman on Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:18 am, edited 8 times in total.