Emerald Flame's Character Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Spectrum

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (CENTURIONS!! POWER X-TREME!!!)

Post by Spectrum »

Such a great series. My little brother had so much fun with them.

Am I remembering correctly that Doctor Terror came apart longways?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Spectrum wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:13 pm Such a great series. My little brother had so much fun with them.

Am I remembering correctly that Doctor Terror came apart longways?
YEah, he and Hacker could merge with the terror drones for flight or more firepower that sort of thing
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Emerald_Flame300

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

The two robot halves could also be combined to form "Uniborg".

I have a few more builds to add before I'm done. I created a few "What if" builds for Amber Terror.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

MONGOOSE TERROR SYSTEM

Helmet (Removable)
* Breathing System: Immunity 2 (Suffocation (All))
* Communication: Radio Communication 4 (Subtle 2: undetectable)
* Visual Dazzle Protection: Immunity 5 (Sensory Affliction Effects)

Armored Housing: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Impervious)

Wheel System: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round; Limited: Must remain in contact with
ground)

Combat System
* Danger Sense: Senses 1 (Linked; Danger Sense: Visual)
* Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Linked; Advantages: Accurate Attack, Ranged Attack)

Weapon Systems
* Duel-Phase Pulse Lasers: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack, Penetrating 8)
* Wolfpack Missles: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20, Homing
2: 2 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged, Split 3: 4 targets)

This is one of the combat systems that dreamed up. (Hence no picture)

This is the "mobility" system for Amber Terror. The look of the suit is a black and purple coloration that matches the combat exo-frame of Amber. This weapon system is Amber's ability to move quickly around the battlefield.

The system looks like a low slung motorcyle, not unlike Wild Weasel, but with a slimmer profile. The wheels can adjust to allow it to function on-road and off-road.

Housed in the armored frame was the Wolfpack Missle system. Due to the idea that Amber might be fighting against a team of Centurions, the missle system was built to balance the numbers. When activated, the missles launch out in a swarm fashion. The missles independently lock onto targets and track. These missles then home in and attack.
* The weapon build includes Split to show that the missles target independent targets and Homing to show that they are tracking the targets.

The dual-phase pulse lasers are built to cycle through different wave-lengths while firing rapidly. This allows the lasers to punch through armor protection.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

BARRACUDA Weapon System

Helmet (Removable)

Combat System
* Enhanced Trait: Enhanced Trait 2 (Linked; Advantages: Accurate Attack, Ranged Attack)
* Senses: Senses 5 (Linked; Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision)

Force Field: Protection 10 (+10 Toughness; Sustained)
Environmental Adaptation: Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation: Aquatic)

Propulsion Systems
* Aqua Thrusters: Swimming 7 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
* Thursters: Flight 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)

Weapon Systems
* Aqua-Blaster Cannons: Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
* Barracuda Torpedoes: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 20,
Homing 2: 2 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged)
* Battle Blades: Strength-based Damage 5 (DC 20; Penetrating 5)

This is another one of the combat systems that dreamed up. (Hence no picture)

This is the aquatic combat system for Amber Terror. Like the other weapon systems, look of the suit is a black and purple coloration that matches the combat exo-frame of Amber. This weapon system is designed to give her combat-capabilities in an aquatic environment.

The system consists of Amber's helmet, leg-mounted propulsion systems, a back-mounted weapon system and a chest-mounted life-support unit. The thrusters are capable of operating in and out of water.

A next-gen force field protects the system and wearer.

The system's weapons include
* Aqua-Blaster Cannons: Laser weapons, capable to being discharged in or out of water with little reduction in effectiveness.
* Barracuda Torpedoes: Torpedoes that have a next-gen AI allowing them to lock on to a target and then, if it misses, re-acquire that target.
* Battle Blades: A set of blades that are arm-mounted that are capable to slicing open ship hulls or other targets.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

VAMPYRE Weapon System

Helmet (Removable)

Now You see me.. Now you don't: Concealment 3 (Sense - Hearing, Sense - Sight, Advantages: Hide
in Plain Sight)

Combat Computer System
* Senses: Senses 5 (Linked; Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision)

Force Field: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Sustained)

Bat-Wing Glide Pack: Flight 3 (Speed: 16 miles/hour, 250 feet/round; Subtle: subtle; Gliding, Wings)

Leg Boosters
* Bounding Leaps: Leaping 5 (Leap 250 feet at 60 miles/hour)
* Flight: Flight 4 (Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round; Stacks with: Bat-Wing Glide Pack: Flight 3)

Weapon Systems

* Battle Blades: Strength-based Damage 4 (DC 19; Penetrating 4)
* Twin Laser Blasters : Damage 8 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)

VAMPYRE is the base, or "light", combat option for Amber. As with the other combat frames, the coloration or the system is black and purple.

The Vampyre system is build around the concept of stealth and the surprise attack. The Vampyre uses a cutting-edge cloaking system that renders the suit and wearer virtually undetectable. A "light bending" system cloaks the wearer, while advanced sound baffling and anti-noise generators make the wearer all but soundless.
As part of this concept, the 'flight' system is built around two pieces. The first is a set of collapsing bat-wings that allow the wearer to glide virtually soundlessly. The second piece is a set of leg-mounted boosters that allow the wearer to make bounding leaps. The wearer would leap over an obstacle or building ledge and then silently glide down. The leg boosters can also be switched to flight mode, in which they fire constantly and added to the bat-wings, allow for flight.

The Vampyres weapons are limited, again with an eye on stealth. The arms are equipped with large combat blades that can carve through targets. mounted over each shoulder is a laser blaster.
Emerald_Flame300

HACKER

Dexterity 3
Fighting 6
Intellect 1
Awareness 4
Presence 2

ADVANTAGES
Ambidexterity, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Eidetic Memory, Improved Smash, Jack-of-all trades,
Weapon Break

SKILLS
Athletics 6 (+17), Close Combat: Cyber-weapons 4 (+10), Deception 5 (+7), Insight 3 (+7), Intimidation 4 (+6),
Investigation 1 (+2), Perception 4 (+8), Persuasion 1 (+3), Ranged Combat:Cyber Weapons 2 (+5), Technology 1
(+2)

POWERS

CYBERNETIC UPGRADES
* Cybernetic Senses: Senses 8 (Linked; Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Infravision, Radio,
Time Sense, Ultra-hearing)
* Enhanced Strength: Enhanced Trait 12 (Linked; Traits: Strength +6 (+11))
* Nano-weave Armor: Protection 8 (Linked; +8 Toughness; Impervious)

Augmentation Configurations

Legion Body Configuration
Energy Dicharge Mace: Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Increased Range 2: perception)
Battle Blade: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 29; Penetrating 7, Reach (melee) 2: 10
ft.)
Power-Lifting: Enhanced Strength 10 (Alternate; +10 STR; Limited to Lifting)
Smashing Mace: Strength-based Damage 3 (Alternate; DC 29, Advantages: Improved Smash,
Weapon Break)

Strafer Body Augmentation
Flight Boosters: Flight 7 (Linked; Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)
Pulse Lasers: Damage 8 (Linked; DC 23; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Stafer Bomb: Burst Area Damage 10 (Alternate; DC 25; Burst Area 2: 60 feet radius sphere, DC
20; Limited: Drop Only)

Tarumatizer Body Augmentation
Auto Blasters: Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
Ground Shaker Missle
<Blaster Area>: Burst Area Damage 10 (Linked; DC 25; Burst Area 3: 120 feet radius sphere,
DC 20, Increased Range: ranged)
<Shockwave>: Burst Area Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed and Vulnerable, 2nd degree:
Stunned and Prone, Resisted by: Dodge, Overcome by Fortitude, DC 20; Burst Area: 30 feet radius
sphere, DC 20, Extra Condition; Limited: Targets on the ground, Limited Degree)

OFFENSE
Initiative +3
<Blaster Area>: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
<Shockwave>: Burst Area Affliction 10 (DC Fort/Will 20)
Auto Blasters: Damage 10, +3 (DC 25)
Battle Blade: Strength-based Damage 3, +6 (DC 29)
Energy Dicharge Mace: Damage 10 (DC 25)
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 21)
Pulse Lasers: Damage 8, +3 (DC 23)
Smashing Mace: Strength-based Damage 3, +6 (DC 29)
Stafer Bomb: Burst Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Throw, +3 (DC 26)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 26)

COMPLICATIONS
* Monstrous: The right side of his body have been replaced cybernetically. He is half machine / half man
and ALL psycho!!
* Motivation: Responsibility: Hacker has sworn loyalty to Doc Terror.
* Reputation: Hacker is known as the Henchman for Doc Terror. He cannot show his face in public and
arrest warrants exist in virtually all nations in the world for his terroristic actions on behalf of Doc Terror

ANGUAGES
(N) English

Defense
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 4, Toughness 13/12, Will 4

POWER POINTS
Abilities 56 + Powers 77 + Advantages 6 + Skills 16 (31 ranks) + Defenses 3 = 158

OK... Originally I was was not going to stat out Hacker as I felt that he was there just for stupidity sake. "Gee boss... Why'da do that?"
... Or as a reason why Doc Terror's always go astray.

Upon further reflection, I realized that he is just as much a part of the Centurions as the weapon systems are... SO... I figured I'd stat him out.

The cybernetics aspect of him is pretty much a copy of Doc Terror's,with a exception to the weapons. Hacker had a energy-discharging mace.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tattooedman

Post by Tattooedman »

I always did like the Centurion stuff you posted, it always looked like it was well thought out and built with a solid understanding of the weapons systems. The good news is that it all still does.

I remember the show, having seen a few episodes back when they first came out (though I couldn't watch them regularly as my family didn't have cable while I was growing up) and only saw them when I would be a friend's house. It wasn't until years later when Cartoon Network played the show that I was able to see them, and I have to say that they still held up despite their age (and that says something). Granted that was over a decade ago but the stuff you've posted seems to be in-line with what I recall about the show.

Plus the "new" stuff with Amber Terror is very nicely done as well.
Jabroniville wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:45 pm
LOl- "The Tattooed Man"? What kind of ABSOLUTE DILDO would refer to himself as "The Tattooed Man" :P!?!
Emerald_Flame300

Tattooedman wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:39 pm I always did like the Centurion stuff you posted, it always looked like it was well thought out and built with a solid understanding of the weapons systems. The good news is that it all still does.

I remember the show, having seen a few episodes back when they first came out (though I couldn't watch them regularly as my family didn't have cable while I was growing up) and only saw them when I would be a friend's house. It wasn't until years later when Cartoon Network played the show that I was able to see them, and I have to say that they still held up despite their age (and that says something). Granted that was over a decade ago but the stuff you've posted seems to be in-line with what I recall about the show.

Plus the "new" stuff with Amber Terror is very nicely done as well.
Thanks... I appreciate the feedback.
Emerald_Flame300

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (ULTRAMAN!!!!)

ULTRAMAN

* The more traditional version of Ultraman,

Strength 24/19
Stamina 24/19
Agility 7/2
Dexterity 2
Fighting 7/3
Intellect 2
Awareness 2
Presence 2

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Diehard, Evasion,
Improved Critical: Unarmed, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Smash,
Precise Attack (All) 4, Seize Initiative

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+9), Athletics 3 (+24/+27), Close Combat: ???? 6 (+13), Insight 2 (+4), Intimidation 3 (+13),
Perception 5 (+7), Ranged Combat: Ultra-Weapons 5 (+7)

POWERS
Beta Capsule (Easily Removable (indestructible))
* Ultra-Physiology: Immunity 25 (Common Descriptor: Electricity, Environmental Conditions (All), Life
Support)
* Ultra-Senses: Senses 12 (Counters All Concealment: Visual, Counters Illusion: Visual, Danger Sense:
Visual, Darkvision, Ultra-hearing, Ultravision)
* Ultra-Size: Growth 16 (+16 STR, +16 STA, +8 Intimidate, -16 Stealth, -8 active defenses, +4 size
ranks, +16 mass ranks, +2 ; Innate; Permanent)
* Ultra-Skin: Protection 12 (+12 Toughness; Impervious)
* Ultra-Stats: Enhanced Trait 38 (Traits: Agility +5 (+7), Fighting +4 (+7), Strength +5 (+24), Stamina +5
(+24))

Ultra-Weapons_Abilities

Specium Ray : Damage 12 (DC 27; Increased Range: ranged; Limited: Requires hand gestures)

Ultra Shower
> Fire Extinguisher: Element Control 10 (Limited: FIre, Limited: Extinguishing
fires only, Noticeable: Stream of water shooting from right hand.)
> Water Cannon: Line Area Damage 8 (DC 23; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long,
DC 18, Increased Range: ranged)

Ultra-Attack Ray
> Ultra-Bands: Cumulative Affliction 12 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree:
Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 22;
Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Limited Degree, Noticeable: Glowing green bands)
> Ultra Blast: Damage 15 (Linked; DC 30; Increased Range: ranged, Triggered: 1 use - Ultraman
crosses his arms and clenches his fists, the foe explodes)

Ultra-Flight (@ Mach 3): Flight 10 (Speed: 2000 miles/hour, 4 miles/round)

Ultra-Running: Speed 7 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Ultra-Slash Blades: Damage 12 (DC 27; Homing 2: 2 extra attempts, Increased Range: ranged,
Multiattack, Penetrating 12, Split: 2 targets)

Ultra-Swimming: Swimming 9 (Speed: 250 miles/hour, 0.5 miles/round)

Ultra-Teleport: Teleport 25 (125000 miles in a move action, carrying 50 lbs.; Change Direction,
Change Velocity, Extended: 32 million miles in 2 move actions; Tiring)

OFFENSE
Initiative +11
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 29)
Specium Ray : Damage 12, +7 (DC 27)
Throw, +2 (DC 39)
Ultra Blast: Damage 15, +7 (DC 30)
Ultra Shower_Fire Extinguisher: Move Object 10, +7 (DC 20)
Ultra-Bands: Cumulative Affliction 12, +7 (DC Fort/Will 22)
Ultra-Shower_Water Cannon: Line Area Damage 8 (DC 23)
Ultra-Slash Blades: Damage 12, +7 (DC 27)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 34)

COMPLICATIONS
Identity: Ultraman is bonded to a human being that looks completely normal. When he activates the Beta
Capsule, Ultraman forms.
Responsibility: Protecting the Earth

LANGUAGES
Native Language

DEFENSES
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 23/24, Toughness 23/36, Will 5

POWER POINTS
Abilities 38 + Powers 125 + Advantages 19 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 210

FIrst of all... Ultraman is a force of nature. He goes hand to hand with Kaiju Monsters and WINS.. that pretty much puts him on the same footing as Jaegers from Pacific Rim. OK... let that sink in...

OK... now onto his powers. He had a broad selection of abilities to dispatch the big nasty monsters. Blades, Beams and Bashing.. Oh My!!! He can teleport on interplanetary distances (although that is tiring).. he flies at Mach 3, Runs at 280 mph, Swims at 230 mph (200 knots)... He is a BEAST!!

I built him at PL 14 but when he maxes out, he is closer to PL18.

I didn't max him out, because he seems to reach some caps almost automatically. This build was one of the hardest for me.

I based it on the television show that I watched when I was younger. I would run home from elementary school to watch Ultraman and the Science Patrol!!!

I also didn't fully appreciate just how many different versions of Ultraman there are. There is a new one that is human sized, but that can grow to colossal size.

Let me know what you think....
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:15 am, edited 7 times in total.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

First off,i want to say welcome&here's your complementary Cookie&milk.....(::), \^^/
Second:I LOVE what you've done with The Centurions!I myself could never figure out how to do the Exo-Suit's right....so,Bravo! :D
Emerald_Flame300

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (ULTRAMAN!!!)

GRYFFON

Picture by ProdigyDuck

Strength 2
Stamina 1
Agility 4
Dexterity 3
Fighting 4
Intellect 4
Awareness 3
Presence 3

ADVANTAGES
Assessment, Benefit, Cipher 3, Chokehold, Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Equipment 5, Evasion, Fighting
Style: Ninjutsu, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Critical: Power of the Mind, Improved Initiative, Improvised
Weapon, Instant Up, Second Chance: WILL checks -vs- Mental Attacks, Startle, Takedown, Uncanny
Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 2 (+6), Athletics 2 (+4), Close Combat: Sogobujutsu 3 (+7), Deception 2 (+5), Expertise:
Streetwise 3 (+7), Expertise: Tactics 2 (+6), Insight 2 (+5), Intimidation 1 (+4), Investigation 1 (+5),
Perception 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Mind's Percision 3 (+6), Stealth 2 (+6), Technology 2 (+6), Vehicles 3
(+6)

POWERS
Enhanced Physiology
Protection: Protection 2 (Linked; +2 Toughness)
Regeneration: Regeneration 5 (Linked; Every 2 rounds)
Psychic Force Array
* Force Bolt: Damage 11 (DC 26, Advantages: Improved Critical; Increased Range: ranged)

* Force Field: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious, Sustained)

* Pstun Bolt: Cumulative Affliction 10 (1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Stunned, 3rd degree:
Incapacitated, Resisted by: Will, DC 20; Cumulative)

* Psychic Weapon: Damage 8 (DC 23; Alternate Resistance: Will, Penetrating 4, Variable Descriptor:
close group - Various Melee Weapons)

* Psychokinetic Shell Armor
>Growth: Growth 4 (Linked; +4 STR, +4 STA, +2 Intimidate, -4 Stealth, -2 active defenses, +1 size
category)
>Rending Claws: Strength-based Damage 3 (Linked; DC 20; Variable Descriptor: close group -
Bludgeoning / Slicing / Piercing)
>Speed: Speed 4 (Linked; Speed: 30 miles/hour, 500 feet/round)

* Telekinesis: Move Object 10 (25 tons, DC 25; Damaging, Precise)

Telepathic Array
* Mental Blast: Damage 6 (DC 21; Alternate Resistance: Will, Increased Range 2: perception)

* Mental Detection: Senses 5 (Accurate: Detect: Minds, Acute: Detect: Minds, Detect: Minds [Mental] 1,
Ranged: Detect Minds)

* Mental Fortress: Impervious Will 8 ([0 active, 0/24 PP, 1/r])

* Mental Probe: Mind Reading 10 (DC 20; Subtle: subtle)

* Telepathy: Mental Area Communication 3 (Sense Type: Psychic; Area, Subtle: encrypted)
Universal Langauge: Comprehend 2 (Languages - Understand All, Languages - You're Understood)

EQUIPMENT
Car, Cell Phone (Smartphone), Heavy Pistol, House (West Vallee Area: Emerald City) 0, Motorcycle

OFFENSE
Initiative +8
Force Bolt: Damage 11, +3 (DC 26)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 12)
Heavy Pistol, +3 (DC 19)
Mental Blast: Damage 6 (DC Will 21)
Mental Probe: Mind Reading 10 (DC Will 20)
Pstun Bolt: Cumulative Affliction 10, +5 (DC Will 20)
Rending Claws: Strength-based Damage 3, +5 (DC 20)
Telekinesis: Move Object 10, +3 (DC 25)
Throw, +3 (DC 17)
Unarmed, +11 (DC 17)

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: Ghostworks: Griffon was part of "Project Divinity", a secret experiment by Ghostworks to create
potential, super-humans that would be able to pass their powers through their genetic lineage. Griffon
was one of the off-shoot tests in which they wanted to see how many abilities they could encode into one
genetic speciman. They want him back.

Enemy: MEDUSA: Griffon decided to leave the research facility and his fellow test-subjects behind. Other
test subjects, Gorgon, Charybdis, and Typhon, beleive that Griffon turned his back on them. They do not
go out of their way to hunt him down, but they are waiting for the day that they can "settle their
disagreement".

Prejudice: Genetic freak!!!: Griffon is a genetically engineered construct. He had no true parents and was
created in a labratory. This tends to make people view him as less than human.

Secret: You came from where?!?: All the memories that Griffon (Ryan Alexander) has were artificially
created. He was grown in a test tube and educated using advanced "memory implant" technology. He
did not have a childhood or a family.

LANGUAGES
English

DEFENSE
Dodge 7, Parry 7, Fortitude 4, Toughness 11, Will 11

POWER POINTS
Abilities 48 + Powers 75 + Advantages 21 + Skills 16 (31 ranks) + Defenses 17 = 177
—————
Car - PL 10
Strength 5, Defense -2, Toughness 8, Size Large
Powers
Speed: Speed 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
Power Points
Abilities 2 + Powers 5 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 1 + Equipment 0 (0
ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 8
—————
Motorcycle - PL 10
(Alternate of Car)
Strength 1, Defense 0, Toughness 8, Size Medium
Powers
Speed: Speed 6 (Speed: 120 miles/hour, 1800 feet/round)
Power Points
Abilities 1 + Powers 6 + Advantages 0 + Features 0 + Skills 0 (0 ranks) + Defenses 3 + Equipment 0 (0
ep) + Weapons & Armor 0 (0 ep) = 10
--------------------
House

Purchased a small house in-game. I figured that he would want to try to make a life for himself in Emerald City... at least in the outskirts of the city.
__________________________________________________ ______________________________________________
First things first... The picture was found on Deviant Art and I liked it... when I clicked on it, I discovered that it was by our very own ProdigyDuck. I use it for Griffin as the search for "psychic" brings back a plethora of pictures... mostly anime.

WARNING!! POTENTIAL SPOILERS!!

Second... This character is based on the characters that were shown in the "Secrets of Emerald City" sourcebook. I really like the idea of the psychic powers and the secret think tank that created them. I must admit that the idea for the character is one that he was the "black sheep" of the group. He did not manifest his powers as quickly as the others and so when they left the Project he was an after thought. During the escape, he was left behind and became trapped. The desperation of being left behind and then getting trapped was enough to "pop the cap" and he manifested his powers. In the time following his escape, he has gained other abilities. One of the most recognizable is the "malleable psychokinetic shell". Which he can generate in exchange of his other powers.

Third... The character's future. I would like to continue to play with the idea that he can manifest the powers of the others... not as a copy but actually have them. They wouldn't be exactly the same, but they would be "about" the same... Teleporting etc...etc...

This is the updated version of the Griffon character. Enjoy

Here is my UPDATED character for our Emerald City campaign...

He is based on MEDUSA from the Secrets of Emerald City book. One of my favorite characters from my days of Champions: TNM was a psychic character. He was the product of German gene-engineering during WWII. I will be posting a partial short story, that I wrote back in my college days about the character. Here is the link

Without further ado.... My current character....
Emerald_Flame300

THE GAZEBO!!!
Dexterity 2
Fighting 8
Intellect 0
Awareness 3
Presence 2

ADVANTAGES
All-out Attack, Chokehold, Close Attack, Diehard, Fast Grab, Improved Grab, Seize Initiative

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+16), Close Combat: ???? 6 (+14), Insight 2 (+5), Perception 4 (+7)

POWERS
* Gargantuan Size: Growth 12 (+12 STR, +12 Tough, +6 Intimidate, -12 Stealth, -6 active defenses,
+3 size ranks, +12 mass ranks, +; Innate; Permanent)
* Immunity to Fortitude Effects
* Impervious Defense: Impervious Toughness 10

Tangling Lashes
> Ironclad gut: Immunity 2 (Linked; Aging, Rare Descriptor: Anything it eats)
> Matter Eating: Weaken 10 (Linked; Affects: Toughness, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 20)
> Snaring rails: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Linked; 1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree:
Defenseless and Immobilized, Resisted by: Dodge, overcome by Damage or Sleight of Hand, DC 20;
Cumulative, Extra Condition, Increased Range: ranged; Feedback, Limited Degree)
> Striking rails: Strength-based Damage 5 (Linked; DC 34)

OFFENSE
Initiative -
Grab, +9 (DC Spec 21)
Matter Eating: Weaken 10, +9 (DC Fort 20)
Snaring rails: Cumulative Affliction 10, +2 (DC Fort/Will 20)
Striking rails: Strength-based Damage 5, +9 (DC 34)
Throw, +2 (DC 29)
Unarmed, +9 (DC 26)

COMPLICATIONS
Disability: The Gazebo cannot move under it's own power.
Monstrous: Du'h

LANGUAGES
Unknown

DEFENSE
Dodge None, Parry 10, Fortitude Immune, Toughness 10/12, Will 10/11

POWER POINTS
Abilities 14 + Powers 102 + Advantages 7 + Skills 7 (14 ranks) + Defenses 16 = 146

If you have been gaming for a decent amount of time, then at one time or another you have heard the, "I attack the Gazebo..." story.

For the benefit of those who might not know it...
A D&D party is wandering through their world when the GM tells them that they come upon a gazebo. A player, not sure of age, misunderstands and says.. "I attack the Gazebo!". His arrow harmlessly stick into its outer surface, the wizard's magic missles seem to do little damage. The party got a little freaked because it didn't drop over dead. They ran away in fear that the Gazebo was too powerful for them.

ANYWAY... I found a neat pic in the depths of my hard-drive and so I opted to craft a M&M Evil Gazebo!!! I have watched the movie Monster House a few dozen times as it was one of my son's favorite movies for a long time. The picture and the imagery from Monster House inspired me. This one is a sentient being that is made of wood and really doesn't like being bothered.

All of its offensive powers are linked so that if it hits you are not in for a good day.

The wooden railings, bend and flex as they lash out and attack those foolish enough to get close to the entity. (If you have seen the movie Monster House then you know what I am aiming for) If the Gazebo hits and snares the target it then drags it into it's gaping maw and swallows them whole. This is where the Matter Eater ability comes into play. Once swallowed, the object is slowly broken down and added back into the structure. It is not uncommon to see a fragment of wood or initials that were carved into something else appear on the gazebo.

How it came to "life" is a matter of speculation. Some say it is a forest spirit that was trapped in a tree. The tree was cut down and made into the gazebo. The spirit is now twisted an evil from the years of confinement. Others say that it is the spirit of a gilted lover, who waited for her love to come to see her. Her boyfriend never came and the heat-broken lover took her own life at the gazebo. Her spirit remained and over the years, they became twisted and bitter, causing the gazebo to become just as twisted.

All in all, it is a fun build and can keep the players on their toes.

ENJOY!!
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Nice Ultraman build. It's better than my own build of him, for sure. The other Ultramen could probably be made with some modifications to the basic build, but there's so many that it'd be a big task to actually do.
Emerald_Flame300

KorokoMystia wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:50 pm Nice Ultraman build. It's better than my own build of him, for sure. The other Ultramen could probably be made with some modifications to the basic build, but there's so many that it'd be a big task to actually do.
Thanks for the good words... I quickly looked up yours. I see that you made your build at PL: 17.. When looking at all the combat stats... My build actually sits closer to PL: 18.