Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (El Aguila! American Eagle! Ahab! Virtua Fighter!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jeffry's ridiculous story is pretty silly. I think some Tekken characters have ridiculous motivations too, but I can't think of many off the top of my head. Wasn't Xiaoyu's original motivation something like "I want a amusement park!" ? I don't recall
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

To be fair, I'd take an ass-kicking to get my own personal Disneyland, too. With my very own harem of Princesses :)!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

... with the park optional?

and would there be 40 virgin Disney Princesses? Are there even 40 Disney Princesses? Even with the odd new supplemental additions?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm ... with the park optional?

and would there be 40 virgin Disney Princesses? Are there even 40 Disney Princesses? Even with the odd new supplemental additions?
Well, I was thinking of Disne-style "Friend of _____" ladies (but, you know, older than the parks' cast members, who are like WAY young). Also, throw some Disney MILFs in there- I loves me some Mother Gothel & Mrs. Darling.
Jabroniville

Kage

Post by Jabroniville »

That is the most generic Ninja design ever.

KAGE-MARU
Role:
Martial Artist, Ninja
PL 8 (119)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 13 DEXTERITY 6
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 10 (+12)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 8 (+9)
Perception 4 (+7)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 4, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +14 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Stuff

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 38--19 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 12 (119)

-Kage is the Token Ninja of the game- he hunts down J6 out of revenge for the death of his mother. It later turns out that she has been transformed into Dural- the Boss of the games. He actually won the third tournament, but found his mother transforming back into Dural again.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:10 pm ... with the park optional?

Well make some up if we have to.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Despite being generic, Kage-Maru still gets coolness points for being a ninja. Of course, Dead or Alive has Ryu Hayabusa, one of the coolest ninjas ever, so he's outdone there.
Jabroniville

Lion

Post by Jabroniville »

LION RAFALE
Role:
Martial Artist, Rich Boy
PL 8 (99)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 6
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+14)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+14)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+9)
Perception 2 (+2)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Benefit (Wealth), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Initiative +14

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +13 (DC 23), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Freeing Himself)- Living under his father's control, Lion joins the tournament to win his "freedom".

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 14 (99)

-Lion is a rich French boy using Praying Mantis Style Kung Fu, fighting to awaken something inside himself, and bring himself out from under his father's shadow. He lost in each of the tournaments, however.
danelsan

Re: Sarah

Post by danelsan »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:21 pm -For some reason, Blonde Secret Agent/Spy is like the most copied thing ever in 3-D Fighting Games. Seriously- Virtua Fighter has Sarah, Tekken has Nina Williams, and Toshinden has Sofia. It's REALLY weird- such a specific thing.
The busty, mega-cleavaged blonde Lien Neville from KoF Maximum Impact also fits there.
Jabroniville

Shun

Post by Jabroniville »

SHUN DI
Role:
Martial Artist, Drunken Master
PL 8 (93)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Insight 2 (+5)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+8)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:

Complications:
Stuff

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 11 (93)

-Shun is a Comedy Fighter- a drunken master who spends most of his time drinking from a flask, then doing a bunch of seemingly-random (but highly calculated) moves that are unpredictable and strange. He apparently spends all his time in the tournaments trying to find an old student of his, whom J6 has kidnapped.
Jabroniville

Aoi

Post by Jabroniville »

DURRRRRRRR girl PRETTY. Make brain not work right!

AOI UMENOKOUJI
Role:
Martial Artist, Yamato Nadeshiko
PL 8 (99)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 10 (+15)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 4 (+15)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+9)
Perception 2 (+5)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Unarmed +15 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Initiative +9

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +2, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Proving Herself)
Relationship (Brad Burns)- The American fighter flirts with Aoi, both angering and intriguing her, defeating her in the fourth tournament. She enters the fifth with a desire to face Brad again.

Total: Abilities: 56 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (99)

-Aoi was probably the most beautiful woman in video gaming when she debuted in Virtua Fighter 3- faces just weren't that detailed back then, so she was stunning. She's a classic "Yamato Nadeshiko",  the particular kind of woman seen as the old-fashioned Japanese Ideal- refined, ultra-feminine, kimono-wearing, sweet-natured, delicate-looking... but a will of iron. Trained in Jiu-Jitsu, she loses in the first round, then cross-trains into other styles for the next one.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Taka-Arashi

Post by Jabroniville »

TAKA-ARASHI
Role:
Martial Artist, Sumo
PL 8 (82)
STRENGTH
4 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 8 (+11)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+11)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 7 (+7)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages: 

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +5, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Proving Himself)- Taka-Arashi is a dominant Sumo, but wishes to defeat fighters from other styles as well.

Total: Abilities: 44 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 14 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 13 (82)

-Taka-Arashi is an interesting note in the Virtua Fighter world- the only single character to ever debut and then be taken OUT of the games- his 3-D structure, while impressive-looking in his VF3 debut, was just too difficult to animate properly in the fourth game, and so this guy had to skip out an entire series. His story is that he was an undefeated yokozuna (the highest rank in Sumo) who beat an American in an underground fist-fight, and was thus inspired to join the VF tournament. However, he was defeated several times, thus shaming himself- he finally fights back into yokozuna shape... but walks away from Sumo again to join the fifth tournament.

-A powerful fighter, Taka-Arashi is sort of like Jeffry, but forgoes the Acrobatics stuff for the most part. Despite that, he is still fairly quick- Sumo aren't well-practiced fighters in real life (the style doesn't teach proper defense or a well-rounded offense, leaving most of them to be easily pummelled), but they are EXTREMELY tough, and much more athletic that you'd think- their bulk belies impressive speed, reflexes and flexibility. I knocked him down to PL 7.5 owing to his poor showing in the tournament- otherwise, his greater strength would give him a small advantage in battles.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

I barely played Virtua Fighter as the only arcade near me growing up was about an hour away, so my memories of it are fuzzy. But I do know that I as a child I always chose Kage-Mura because ninjas were cool.
Formerly luketheduke86
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm thinking about giving some Fighting Vipers builds a try after you're done with the VF builds, if you don't do them yourself. I think they'd use the same overall template as the VF guys, but with a extra Toughness bonus due to their Easily-Removable Armour. This means their Parry would be lower to compensate, however. There's even a Dural knockoff introduced in the sequel, Kuhn, who would probably have the exact same stuff as Dural. Also, the cast are more like street brawlers rather than martial artists, so they'd probably hit harder with a trade-off of less accuracy. There's also something that really confuses me. One of the characters in the game is Mahler, while the boss of the game is B.M. who is basically just a powered-up version of Mahler..but apparently they're seperate characters. It's weird.
Jabroniville

Brad

Post by Jabroniville »

Oh, MY.

BRAD BURNS
Role:
Martial Artist, Lothario
PL 8 (99)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 5
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+13)
Athletics 8 (+10)
Expertise (Martial Arts) 8 (+8)
Perception 2 (+2)
Persuasion 2 (+5, +7 Attractive)

Advantages: 
Assessment, Attractive, Benefit (Uses Attack to Feint in Combat), Chokehold, Daze (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Grab Finesse, Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Offense:
Initiative +9

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Hitting On Chicks)- He seems particularly taken with Aoi.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 16 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 14 (99)

-Brad is a pretty generic-looking Italian fighter from the fourth game, whose flirtacious behavior threw Aoi off her game, resulting in her loss in the tournament. He's a kickboxing champion in the tourney for the thrill of real competition (he's too dominant in his own sport), and for more women to flirt with. Brad is also a pretty clear rip-off of Steve Fox, who by this point had debuted in Tekken.