Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Cullen Bloodstone

Post by Jabroniville »

CULLEN BLOODSTONE
Created By:
Dennis Hopeless & Kevin Walker
First Appearance: Avengers Arena #1 (Feb. 2013)
Role: Kid Monster
Group Affiliations: The Braddock Academy
PL 8 (111)
STRENGTH
2/7 STAMINA 3/7 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+11)
Deception 3 (+4)
Expertise (Monsters) 8 (+9)
Intimidation 3 (+4)
Perception 7 (+7)
Stealth 4 (+7)
Treatment 3 (+4)

Advantages: 
Favoured Foe (Monsters), Ranged Attack 4, Tracking

Powers: 
"Bloodstone Ring" (Flaws: Removable) [24]
Enhanced Strength 5 (10)
Enhanced Stamina 4 (8)
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrow Limbs) (7)
Speed 2 (8 mph) (2)
Leaping 1 (15 feet) (1)
Power-Lifting 1 (6 tons) (1)
-- (29 points)

"Summon Parts of the Glartrox"
Extra Limbs 4 [4]
Elongation 1 [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3 (+7 w/ Ring), Fortitude +5 (+9 w/ Ring), Will +4

Complications:
Prejudice (Homosexual)
Involuntary Transformation (Monster Form)- Without his Magic Ring, Cullen will transform into a vicious, unstable monster called a Glartrox. Its stats are ST 9, STA 9, AGI 0, FIGHTING 7 (Close Combat: Unarmed +3), with -1 to all Mental Stats.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 29 / Defenses: 12 (111)

-My favorite trope and yours, the "Previously-Unmentioned Child" rears its ugly head again, this time with Cullen Bloodstone, the son of Ulysses the monster-hunter, and younger brother to ALSO "Previously-Unmentioned" Elsa. When Cullen was ten, his father trapped him in an alternate dimension to prove his worth to the family; however, Ulysses's death prevented a quick rescue, so the boy was left there for over two years. When he returned, he had become possessed by a monster, and had to be apprehended by his older sister (who'd thought he was away at boarding school)- she gives him a magic ring that keeps his "darkness" under wraps. Joining the Braddock Academy, he ends up in Avengers Arena.

-Cullen seems to have the least interaction with his team out of the group, but at least survives longer than Kid Briton. He even gets to defeat X-23, deliberately transforming into his Monster Form in order to stop her while she's under the effects of her "Trigger Scent" feral persona. The monster continues to rampage onwards, and is only defeated by Nara, who takes a mortal wound while pressing the Magic Ring against Cullen's skin, turning him back. He is badly injured by Anachronism, Nara's paramour. Cullen reappears in Avengers Undercover, going undercover with the new Masters of Evil, and actually enjoying hanging with the bad guys. Like most of the cast of Hopeless's books, he doesn't appear much elsewhere. Even Monsters Unleashed, which put a huge spotlight on his older sister, did not use the character at all.

-Cullen Bloodstone uses a Magic Ring to copy the powers of his father and sister- overall, he's about a PL 8 Monster Hunter type, though his monstrous form is PL 9.5 and much more dangerous.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Capt. ****! G-Force! The Braddock Academy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

kreuzritter wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:45 pm regarding Apex, she actually survived the 'buried alive' part, the fissure in fact dropping her and Deathlocket into Arcade's control centre beneath the arena. the two free Darkhawk, who beats the crap out of Arcade, forcing him to flee, but Arcade leaves Murderworld's controls in Apex's hands, until Deathlocket shoots her in the head
Hey there, mysterious stranger! I'll add that stuff in when I get home- looks like Wiki didn’t mention the head shot (or I missed it).
Sidious

Post by Sidious »

Jabroniville wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 pmAnd at least that book FINALLY EXPLAINED why the X-kids are still stuck in our time and messing up their old one: in their old one, they never left. What we apparently have now is DOUBLES of those kids. Because... I guess the world needed doubles of the Original Five X-Men.

This leads to the odd situation where three "Broken" characters, two of which are currently dead, are now still "around" in Cyclops, Jean Grey & The Beast- they lack the sheer weight of continuity and bad writers's decisions the originals have. Except for the fact that they still talk about all that stuff, essentially being crushed under all the past stories of their adult selves.

The new Young X-Men series appears to go a different route, sticking the Original Five back together (Jean skipped out on Hopeless's book, doing her own thing elsewhere and never showing up). What this means for Idie & Genesis, I don't know- they don't appear to be part of that book, rendering Hopeless's attempts at "fleshing out the new guys" rather moot at this point.
I actually think that after secret wars, when Reed restored the universes, They fixed time and the originals never left.

The other explanation is that the old time travel rules are/were back in effect where going back in time shunted you over to a parallel Earth. So the original fab 5 are from a different one altogether. My head cannon has them as the X-men from the Gates of What IF..? where the Skrulls invaded and pretty much nuked Xaviers school killing them all.

Really it's something that has been needing to be sorted out for a while now.
Jabroniville

Q7 Strike Force

Post by Jabroniville »

Q7 STRIKE FORCE:
-Man, you thought I'd statted some piece of shit characters before? These guys ASPIRE to be pieces of shit. These guys would look at literal human feces the way the nerdy kid looks at the High School Quarterback in a John Hughes movie. These guys are TERRRRIBLE. They're just some highly-armored goons appearing in the Gene Dogs book, acting as their recurring nemeses for four issues. I refuse to even make most of them PL 7s.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Re: Q7 Strike Force

Post by KorokoMystia »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 am Image

Q7 STRIKE FORCE:
-Man, you thought I'd statted some piece of shit characters before? These guys ASPIRE to be pieces of shit. These guys would look at literal human feces the way the nerdy kid looks at the High School Quarterback in a John Hughes movie. These guys are TERRRRIBLE. They're just some highly-armored goons appearing in the Gene Dogs book, acting as their recurring nemeses for four issues. I refuse to even make most of them PL 7s.
Are they worse than the guys from the Northstar series? Also, that big, pink armoured guy is totally just a palette-swapped Karbon. That's even less originality than normal!
Jabroniville

Harvester

Post by Jabroniville »

HARVESTER
Created By:
John Tomlinson & Phil Gascione
First Appearance: Knights of Pendragon #2 (Aug. 1992)
Role: Robot
Country of Origin: England
Group Affiliations: Q7 Strike Force
PL 6 (62)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE -1

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+2)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Kill-O-Bot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7] 

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 14 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 37 / Defenses: 7 (62)

-Harvester is "apparently a robot"- he never speaks, and tends to conserve his energy using his exoskeleton. This may quite literally be the most boring build I have ever done- no part of this is an interesting character. He doesn't even appear to have WEAPONS.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Firestryke

Post by Jabroniville »

When mimicking Rob Liefeld goes horribly wrong.

FIRESTRYKE
Created By:
John Freeman & David Taylor
First Appearance: Gene Dogs #1 (Oct. 1993)
Role: Blaster
PL 6 (54)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 1

Skills: 
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)

Advantages: 
Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Fire Blast 6 [12]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Fire Blast +6 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +2, Fortitude +3, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 28 / Skills: 4--2 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 12 / Defenses: 8 (54)

-Firestryke is a Blaster-type character of whom pretty much nothing is known.
Jabroniville

Banzai

Post by Jabroniville »

BANZAI
Created By:
Role: Japanese Swordsman
PL 7 (75)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Stealth 4 (+8)

Advantages:
Equipment (Sword +3), Improved Critical (Sword), Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Concealment 2 (Vision) [8]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Sword +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 50 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 5 (75)

-Ah, so THIS is the "Banzai" who killed Panther, formerly of the Gene Dogs, by sneaking up behind her and running her through with his sword. He's apparently a "master swordsman" who specializes in stealth.
Jabroniville

Re: Q7 Strike Force

Post by Jabroniville »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:27 am
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:50 am
Q7 STRIKE FORCE:
Are they worse than the guys from the Northstar series? Also, that big, pink armoured guy is totally just a palette-swapped Karbon. That's even less originality than normal!
Man, I don't think ANY team is worse than THAT one. These guys might just be more uninteresting, though- at least Northstar's goon squad had some unique (if stupid) gimmicks. These simpletons just reek of "oh, I dunno, whatever", with the creators obviously half-assing every part of their creation.
Jabroniville

V. Sternwood

Post by Jabroniville »

VICTOR STERNWOOD
Created By:
Role: Team Leader
PL 7 (81)
STRENGTH
2/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Equipment 4 (Arsenal- Blasters +6, etc.), Ranged Attack 3

Powers:
"Armored Exoskeleton" (Flaws: Removable) [8]
Enhanced Strength 4 (8)
Protection 2 (2)
-- (10 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Blades +6 (+4 Damage, DC 19)
Exoskeleton +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Blasters +8 (+6 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +4 (+6 Exoskeleton), Fortitude +4, Will +4

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 7 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 9 (81)

-Sternwood is the brutal, hard-edged leader of the team- a PL 7 Generic Soldier-type who occasionally uses a super-strong exoskeleton. He's dating his teammate Tanuta.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Tanuta

Post by Jabroniville »

TANUTA UMBOTHA
Created By:
Role: Lady Soldier
PL 6 (83)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment 5 (Energy Weapons +3, Teleportation Device), Ranged Attack 3

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Energy Weapons +7 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 10--5 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 8 (83)

-Tanuta's in a relationship with Sternwood, but is otherwise very cold-hearted and merciless, despite being a voice of reason on the team.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Automaton

Post by Jabroniville »

AUTOMATON
Created By:
Role: Robot
PL 7 (87)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS -1 PRESENCE -1

Skills:
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+4)
Perception 4 (+3)

Advantages:
Ranged Attack 6

Powers:
"Kill-O-Bot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]
"Blasters" Blast 7 (Extras: Multiattack) [21]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Blast +6 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (The Gene Dogs)

Total: Abilities: 10 / Skills: 8--4 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 9 (87)

-Automaton is from the far future- a soldier who downloaded his mind into a robotic frame in order to fight a war. Transported to our timeline, he was rewritten by Sternwood to follow orders- some damage caused him to break down and view everyone as an enemy, and he was blown apart as a result. He initiated repairs as the day was saved, but hasn't been seen since the early '90s.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Okay, that's FINALLY it for the Marvel UK characters :). This one took a lot longer than anticipated- not only was I doing them on my cellphone at one point, but the numbers kept getting added to over time- first I discovered my "Excalibur" file had the five Braddock Academy brats on it, then I added the four names that were mentioned (Immortalis, G-Force, etc.). Then Koroko mentioned Tektos, and then MC48 mentioned the Q7 Strike Force! Ordinarily, I'd have "spread" those guys out a bit more, as most of them were insanely minor (as opposed to, you know, big names like Death Metal & Black Baron), but it was already too late once I'd started posting the dudes.

So here's a bit of a State Of Jab's Builds for the next year or so:
(* Note: I tend to find random things to post on a constant basis, so my "Planned Order" of builds is constantly changing. It's part of why I almost never do requests, and why I always have the "Posting Order" laid out well in advance- to prevent bouts of ADD from striking and sending me all over the place with random things. Just think of how long the poor Hulk Builds took to finally happen- I announced that I was planning them out in *2014*, and only got around to them earlier this year!)
  • Marvel- The Letter "B": 15 day's worth!
  • Marvel- The Letter "C": 14 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "D": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "F": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "G": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "H": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "L": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "M": 19 days' worth (the biggest letter left by far, now that "S" is finally done).
  • Marvel- The Letter "N": 6 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "P": 7 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "R": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "T": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "W": 6 days' worth (mostly a lotta "Wraiths" and "White Tigers").
(all the letters are, naturally, thrown out randomly between "other" sets. I'm a completist, but few of these are just CRYING out for builds or re-posts)
  • Marvel 2099: An odd amount of interest for this. It's pretty easy to research, as the characters don't appear to be very deep.
  • Sailor Moon: F*ck you if you don't like it :p. I might wait until we see BatgirlIII posting on here again- she's been off for a bit.
  • Spider-Man: A semi-recent set (it was Ronin Army-era), but since I'm away for a couple of weeks in May, and Ares has PROMISED he'll be around to comment on it, I can re-post them then. It'll be like I haven't left, but instead just got lazy!
  • The Squadron Supreme: It's been a LONG-ass time.
  • Samurai Shodown: One of the more interesting sets of fighting game characters, but the character list is MUCH larger than you'd think.
  • Godzilla: eh, maybe. Nothing really new to add, though.
  • Wicked: Pretty simple re-posts, really. Though I probably don't have to explain as hard who Idina Menzel is anymore :).
  • Gargoyles: Not since ATT have I posted these. Though there's really not a lot of new information out there.
  • Shining Force: One of my favorite games ever. I just have to be in the right "mood" to want to do these.
  • Fire Emblem (GBA's first one): See above. Also, "guy with sword" is your typical build, so it's not like it's super-deep.
  • Mega Man: Jesus, it's actually been since *2nd Edition* since I posted these guys! I mentioned possibly doing them "soon-ish" when I did the Video Game builds, but at that point, I was kinda burned out on non-comics builds, and didn't really want to just slog through updating the builds to the newer edition. But I could manage it now. Mega Man X might be further away on the horizon, despite some far superior boss designs.
  • Invincible: It's been a HELL of a long time- again, these were 2nd Edition builds! But with the series ending within the next year-ish (stupid delayed issues), I figure I should help cap it off with a more-complete run (my builds pre-date the arrivals of Conquest or Evil Freddie Mercury). Expect a lot of "holy shit, I forgot about that guy" with all of Mark's terrestrial menaces like Tether Tyrant and Magmaniac.
  • Marvel Organizations: Just some re-posts, as these were tolerable "filler". Won't take more than a day.
  • Marvel's Monsters: Already mostly-built, but I can put them all down at once, and add new stuff for Blade and his crew.
  • Ghost Rider: The '70s stuff, the '90s phenomenon, and the repeated failed attempts at making him a thing today.
  • The Legion of Super-Heroes: Mostly re-posts from the ATT.
  • Dinosaurs: Again, these were ATT-era, though will be mostly unchanged.
  • Suicide Squad/Secret Six: Kinda had an idea for these guys after reading a few trades of Ostrander's book, plus people seemed into it enough to tie it with Marvle 2099 in terms of interest. And Secret Six was Gail Simone's best work ever. Naturally, DC threw it away.
  • Power Pack: Just to get it out of the way :). Fun Fact: My eternal hatred of requests and people interjecting with stuff they wanted to see stems almost entirely from me being forced to stat these f*cks up due to sudden interest when my "Ronin Army" thread started up. This book can suck my vinegary BALLS.
  • Killer Instinct: Re-posts, plus I hear they added some guys. I'd have to work my interest up, as I don't care about the series.
  • WeaponLord: A pretty quick set (it's like, what- seven guys?). But two are muscular ladies.
  • Thundercats: I dunno, maybe. The show is a REAL piece of shit if you watch it today. Good for snark, though.
  • The Force of July: Pretty fun jobbers.
  • South Park: I actually had this planned out 2-3 years ago, but never got around to it (TV builds are more fun conceptually than they are in practice)- the list is just too enormous to do "properly" without a lot of time.
* this is naturally pretty heavy towards Marvel, as usual. It's just easier to research, easier to place guys PL-wise, more consistent with characterization and continuity, and just plain more FUN.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

That's all some pretty good stuff. Stuff from the list I'm most excited to see, if they happen:

Mega Man (Would love to see these builds in 3e. There's also a few guys you didn't build originally if you don't mind doing them (which would be understandable, there's already a LOT of Robot Masters), like Duo, King, the Mega Man Killers, Quint, and the Stardroids, most of these guys I mentioned being modifications on the robot master template, aside from Duo, who's one of the main cast and was playable in a couple games, and King, who was one of the fake-out "It's totally not Wily this time!" villains. I think the wiki, MMKB, is quite detailed. Would also look forward to Megaman X builds whenever you get to that. I was never sure where they'd be placed, PL-wise, compared to the original series cast.)

Fire Emblem (I imagine it'd mostly be template stuff for the classes, maybe a template for the villain archetypes too (mostly Evil Sorcerer and Giant Dragon, both common villains faced in the series, maybe also a template for the heavily armoured, mostly conquerer villains like Zephiel, Ashnard, Emperor Hardin, Walhart, and the Black Knight), plus it'd allow people to use the templates to build characters from the other games)

Shining Force (again, since it's class-based, probably Template-heavy),

Killer Instinct (if you do it, since I see your lack of interest in the series, but I'm interested in seeing the updated and new builds),

Sailor Moon (I used to watch it when I was a kid, but haven't followed it since because of the new dub being unavailible outside the US. Also, the SNES RPG based on the series actually created Mirror Image Villains for the Senshi to fight! They have a really unoriginal name, though: "Opposito Senshi"),

Weaponlord (It's not that memorable of a game, but as said, the roster isn't large),

Samurai Shodown (But like you said, the roster is really big so it'd take a while.).

The Force of July.

Thundercats (But yeah, while the show doesn't hold up at all, I'd love to see how the likes of Lion-O and Mumm-Ra stack up compared to your He-Man and Skeletor builds)

Suicide Squad/Secret Six

Also, for Godzilla, maybe you could add in some of the original Video Game Kaiju, like Bagan, Obsidius, and Krystalak. The Japan-only PS1 game Godzilla Trading Battle also had a bunch of exclusive kaiju. And maybe some non-Godzilla Toho Kaiju (some of which appeared in actual Godzilla stuff), like Gezora, Ganimes, Kamoebas, Maguma, the original Mougera, Frankenstein, and the two Gargantuas. (All of these are on the Godzilla wiki.) Maybe the Legendary Pictures Godzilla, but is he really different enough to warrant his own build?

Also, for the Dinosaur builds..Indominus Rex, perhaps?
Last edited by KorokoMystia on Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spam

Re: Firestryke

Post by Spam »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:13 am Image
Finally, a character who actually IS all legs and boobs.