Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Famine

Post by Jabroniville »

FAMINE (Autumn Rolfson)
Created By:
Louise & Walter Simonson
First Appearance: X-Factor #12 (Jan. 1987)
Role: Status-Affecter
Group Affiliations: The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse
Fate: Unknown
PL 9 (102)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills: 
Acrobatics 2 (+4)
Athletics 5 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 2 (+2)
Intimidation 2 (+2)
Perception 2 (+2)
Ranged Combat (Disintegration) 4 (+8)
Stealth 6 (+8)
Vehicles 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Defensive Roll, Fast Grab, Minion 5, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Destruction of Organic Matter"
"Distintegration" Blast 10 (Feats: Split) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Extras: Ranged) (41) -- [42]
  • AE: "Famine Touch" Weaken Stamina 8 (Extras: Reaction +3) (32)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Famine Touch +8 (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Disintegration +8 (+10 Ranged Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +2 (+3 D.Roll), Fortitude +4, Will +3

Complications: 
Motivation (Survival of the Fittest)
Side-Effect (Weakening)- If Autumn using her Famine Touch on someone who doesn't require food, or something inorganic (such as Colossus in armoured form), she will dessicate herself instead.
Rivalry (War)- Autumn frequently bickers with her yes-man teammate, considering that she's a classic rebellious youngster.

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 12 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (102)

WARHOUND OF APOCALYPSE
Role:
Awesome Mounted Beast
PL 6 (72)- Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE --

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Intimidation 9 (+7, +8 Size)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Trip

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 7 [7]

"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
"Animal Physiology" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]
"Natural Weapons- Teeth" Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach) [2]
"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Toughness +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

Offense:
Unarmed +5 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Natural Weapons +5 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +5 (DC 15), Parry +5 (DC 15), Toughness +7, Fortitude --, Will +0

Complications: 
Disabled (Animal-Bot)- Warhounds cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 2 (72)

-Only in a book as ridiculously-bad as X-Factor seemed to be could an anorexic teenager be part of a devastating villain group. I only ever saw the character in The X-Cutioner's Song- she showed up twice, once with War, and once with Caliban. With War, she tried to "drain" Colossus, and was nearly killed herself. The next, she nearly killed the Beast (reverting him to a skeletal form), but Quicksilver quickly knocked her out. That was the last anyone ever saw of her in comics for years. The character only shows up WAY later in Uncanny X-Force as a hanger-on of Apocalypse- she eventually reveals to Archangel that she birthed the SON of the villain himself! The boy becomes Genocide (named "Holocaust" in the Age of Apocalypse timeline). When she attempted to prevent a maddened Archangel from using the boy, she was sliced in half by his metallic wings.

-Famine, like War, wasn't much of a character or a fighter, though she has a much more effective power (just way fewer Abilities, Skills or Advantages). She basically shoots out Disintegration beams, Afflicts people with over-powering hunger, or outright dessicates their stamina. Like most of Apocalypse's henchmen over the years, she's completely useless most of the time, and a one-note character- she's a paltry PL 6 defensively, can't remotely take a punch, and despite great power, she's not that accurate.

-Note that each of the early Horsemen has a Warhound- a flying mechanical wolf- as transportation. They're not super-elite fighters, just basic mounts, but I figured they'd be reasonably-tough PL 6 creatures, costing 5 points each.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Capt. ****! G-Force! The Braddock Academy!)

Post by Jabroniville »

HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:29 am Okay, that's FINALLY it for the Marvel UK characters :). This one took a lot longer than anticipated- not only was I doing them on my cellphone at one point, but the numbers kept getting added to over time- first I discovered my "Excalibur" file had the five Braddock Academy brats on it, then I added the four names that were mentioned (Immortalis, G-Force, etc.). Then Koroko mentioned Tektos, and then MC48 mentioned the Q7 Strike Force! Ordinarily, I'd have "spread" those guys out a bit more, as most of them were insanely minor (as opposed to, you know, big names like Death Metal & Black Baron), but it was already too late once I'd started posting the dudes.

So here's a bit of a State Of Jab's Builds for the next year or so:
(* Note: I tend to find random things to post on a constant basis, so my "Planned Order" of builds is constantly changing. It's part of why I almost never do requests, and why I always have the "Posting Order" laid out well in advance- to prevent bouts of ADD from striking and sending me all over the place with random things. Just think of how long the poor Hulk Builds took to finally happen- I announced that I was planning them out in *2014*, and only got around to them earlier this year!)
  • Marvel- The Letter "B": 15 day's worth!
  • Marvel- The Letter "C": 14 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "D": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "F": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "G": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "H": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "L": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "M": 19 days' worth (the biggest letter left by far, now that "S" is finally done).
  • Marvel- The Letter "N": 6 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "P": 7 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "R": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "T": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "W": 6 days' worth (mostly a lotta "Wraiths" and "White Tigers").
(all the letters are, naturally, thrown out randomly between "other" sets. I'm a completist, but few of these are just CRYING out for builds or re-posts)
  • Marvel 2099: An odd amount of interest for this. It's pretty easy to research, as the characters don't appear to be very deep.
  • Sailor Moon: F*ck you if you don't like it :p. I might wait until we see BatgirlIII posting on here again- she's been off for a bit.
  • Spider-Man: A semi-recent set (it was Ronin Army-era), but since I'm away for a couple of weeks in May, and Ares has PROMISED he'll be around to comment on it, I can re-post them then. It'll be like I haven't left, but instead just got lazy!
  • The Squadron Supreme: It's been a LONG-ass time.
  • Samurai Shodown: One of the more interesting sets of fighting game characters, but the character list is MUCH larger than you'd think.
  • Godzilla: eh, maybe. Nothing really new to add, though.
  • Wicked: Pretty simple re-posts, really. Though I probably don't have to explain as hard who Idina Menzel is anymore :).
  • Gargoyles: Not since ATT have I posted these. Though there's really not a lot of new information out there.
  • Shining Force: One of my favorite games ever. I just have to be in the right "mood" to want to do these.
  • Fire Emblem (GBA's first one): See above. Also, "guy with sword" is your typical build, so it's not like it's super-deep.
  • Mega Man: Jesus, it's actually been since *2nd Edition* since I posted these guys! I mentioned possibly doing them "soon-ish" when I did the Video Game builds, but at that point, I was kinda burned out on non-comics builds, and didn't really want to just slog through updating the builds to the newer edition. But I could manage it now. Mega Man X might be further away on the horizon, despite some far superior boss designs.
  • Invincible: It's been a HELL of a long time- again, these were 2nd Edition builds! But with the series ending within the next year-ish (stupid delayed issues), I figure I should help cap it off with a more-complete run (my builds pre-date the arrivals of Conquest or Evil Freddie Mercury). Expect a lot of "holy shit, I forgot about that guy" with all of Mark's terrestrial menaces like Tether Tyrant and Magmaniac.
  • Marvel Organizations: Just some re-posts, as these were tolerable "filler". Won't take more than a day.
  • Marvel's Monsters: Already mostly-built, but I can put them all down at once, and add new stuff for Blade and his crew.
  • Ghost Rider: The '70s stuff, the '90s phenomenon, and the repeated failed attempts at making him a thing today.
  • The Legion of Super-Heroes: Mostly re-posts from the ATT.
  • Dinosaurs: Again, these were ATT-era, though will be mostly unchanged.
  • Suicide Squad/Secret Six: Kinda had an idea for these guys after reading a few trades of Ostrander's book, plus people seemed into it enough to tie it with Marvle 2099 in terms of interest. And Secret Six was Gail Simone's best work ever. Naturally, DC threw it away.
  • Power Pack: Just to get it out of the way :). Fun Fact: My eternal hatred of requests and people interjecting with stuff they wanted to see stems almost entirely from me being forced to stat these f*cks up due to sudden interest when my "Ronin Army" thread started up. This book can suck my vinegary BALLS.
  • Killer Instinct: Re-posts, plus I hear they added some guys. I'd have to work my interest up, as I don't care about the series.
  • WeaponLord: A pretty quick set (it's like, what- seven guys?). But two are muscular ladies.
  • Thundercats: I dunno, maybe. The show is a REAL piece of shit if you watch it today. Good for snark, though.
  • The Force of July: Pretty fun jobbers.
  • South Park: I actually had this planned out 2-3 years ago, but never got around to it (TV builds are more fun conceptually than they are in practice)- the list is just too enormous to do "properly" without a lot of time.
* this is naturally pretty heavy towards Marvel, as usual. It's just easier to research, easier to place guys PL-wise, more consistent with characterization and continuity, and just plain more FUN.
I?
.....I'mma have to pay you millions of dollars delivered by FBB dominatrixes to get you to do Terrodrome aren't I? lol

I will not build them
In a house.
I will not build them
With a mouse.
I would not build them
With a goose.
I shall not build them
For a moose!
I will not build them
Here or there.
I will not build them
Anywhere!
Jabroniville

What is he good for?

Post by Jabroniville »

Hey- I didn't know the Three Stooges were super-villains!

WAR (Abraham Lincoln Kieros)
Created By:
Louise & Walter Simonson
First Appearance: X-Factor #11 (Dec. 1986)
Role: Blaster
Fate: Re-Crippled, Eventually Healed
PL 9 (112)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 1

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+5)
Deception 2 (+3)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Perception 4 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Rifles) 2 (+8)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)
Vehicles 6 (+6)

Advantages:
Equipment (Armour +3), Improved Aim, Minion 5, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Hand-Clap OF DOOM"
Damage 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, 60ft. Burst at 4 Ranks, Penetrating) (31) -- [32]
  • AE: Blast 10 (20)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Hand-Clap +9 Area (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Blast +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+6 Armour), Fortitude +6, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Former Soldier)- Abraham was crippled in the Vietnam War, and is extremely bitter about how the United States abandoned him to his fate.
Rivalry (Famine)- Abraham frequently bickers with his disobedient teammate, considering that he's a classic soldier-type yes-man.

Total: Abilities: 34 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 12 (112)

WARHOUND OF APOCALYPSE
Role:
Awesome Mounted Beast
PL 6 (72)- Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Trip

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Protection 7 [7]

"Animal Senses" Senses 6 (Acute & Extended Scent, Low-Light Vision, Scent-Tracking, Ultra & Extended Hearing) [6]
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]
"Natural Size" Growth 3 (Str & Toughness +3, +3 Mass, +1 Intimidation, -1 Dodge/Parry, -3 Stealth) -- (10 feet) (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Permanent +0) [7]

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Disabled (Animal-Bot)- Warhounds cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -6 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 2 (72)

-War was Abraham Kieros, a Vietnam vet left crippled in an iron lung, given a new lease on life by Apocalypse. But like most Apocalypse henchmen, he TOTALLY SUCKED, not doing anything useful, and getting the crap beat out of him every time he tried to fight. And his power is to CLAP. What is this, freaking Care Bears? What's he gonna do, bring Tinker Bell back to life? Cause Hulk Hogan to start no-selling his opponent's offense and Run Wild?

-Much, much later, Abraham had lost his Mutant Powers on M-Day and was rendered hospital-bound once more. Archangel, having been given healing powers, used them on Abraham, giving him a new lease on life.

-I statted him with stats a good soldier would have (Improved Aim, good Ability Scores, some Expertise, etc.), then added in his powers and Minion, the Hound of Apocalypse. As such, he's a PL 9, but a weak one, not meeting his maximum caps defensively by any margin. Most of Apocalypse's Horsemen appeared in only a handful of issues, so despite going head-to-head with X-Factor, they're not very good.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Pestilence

Post by Jabroniville »

My, what natural bystander dialogue.

PESTILENCE II (Real Name Unknown, aka "Plague")
Created By:
Chris Claremont & Paul Smith
First Appearance: The Uncanny X-Men #169 (May 1983)
Role: Status Affecter
Group Affiliations: The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse, The Morlocks
Fate: Knocked off a Flying Horse by Julie Powers; Fell to Death
PL 10 (145)
STRENGTH
-1 STAMINA 1 AGILITY 0
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+2)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Sewer Dweller) 5 (+6)
Expertise (History) 3 (+4)
Insight 3 (+5)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 4 (+4)
Vehicles 2 (+2)

Advantages:
Equipment (Armour +2), Minion 5, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Pestilence Touch"
Immunity 1 (Disease) [1]
Weaken Stamina 10 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Progressive +2) [31]
Linked to
Affliction 11 (Fort; Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled/Incapacitated) (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Extra Condition, Cumulative, Progressive +2) [56]

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (-1 Damage, DC 14)
Death Touch +8 (+10 Weaken & +11 Affliction, DC 20 & 21)
Initiative +0

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +1 (+3 Armour), Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 18 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 11 / Powers: 88 / Defenses: 14 (145)

WARHOUND OF APOCALYPSE
Role:
Awesome Mounted Beast
PL 6 (72)- Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+8)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Improved Trip

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Protection 7 [7]

Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Offense:
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:

-The Morlock Plague has the fairly unique concept of "Disease Bringer", which of course means that she barely ever actually touch any major heroes, because it'd likely kill them. Becoming Pestilence under Apocalypse's command, she would have been a terrifying opponent... if she wasn't so damn old. Seriously, an OLD LADY SUPER-VILLAIN? Not exactly scary. She killed dozens of people during a Horsemen attack on New York, but she got killed herself. By JULIE POWER. Of POWER PACK. Yes, that's right- a young child knocked her off her mechani-horse and killed her dead. Awesome.

-Pestilence is VERY scary with her Death Touch attack, able to wipe out people's Stamina and wipe out their equilibrium, leaving them unable to attack, move or do much of anything other than lie down and barf themselves to death. This is all Progressive, meaning that just about anybody she touches is probably gonna be screwed. Despite being an old lady, she's pretty accurate in combat- in one appearance, she brings down SABRETOOTH (this is pre-'90s push, however), and he flat-out states that without his Healing Factor, he'd have died. Her power is REALLY expensive and dangerous, but she's got a major Achilles Heel- her defenses are truly pathetic- PL 5.5.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Gazer

Post by Jabroniville »

GAZER, HORSEMAN OF WAR (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Peter Milligan & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: X-Men #169 (June 2005)
Role: Blaster, Animalistic Guy
Fate: Stabbed by Ozymandias (not the cool one)
PL 9 (130)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Astronaut) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 5 (+5)
Technology 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Minion 5, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Solar Redirection"
Solar Optic Blast 10 [20]
Immunity 5 (Solar Energy Damage) [5]

"Power Mace" (Flaws: Easily Removable -2) [13]
Electrical Blast 10 (20) -- (21 points)
  • AE: "Mace Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Mace +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blasts +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:
Responsibility (Former Soldier)- Abraham was crippled in the Vietnam War, and is extremely bitter about how the United States abandoned him to his fate.
Rivalry (Famine)- Abraham frequently bickers with his disobedient teammate, considering that he's a classic soldier-type yes-man.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 10 (130)

FLYNG MECHANICAL HORSE OF APOCALYPSE
Role:
Awesome Mounted Beast
PL 6 (64)- Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Hoof), Power Attack

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Protection 7 [7]

Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Disabled (Animal-Bot)- Robo-Horses cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 2 (64)

-Just heard about this dude looking at Horsemen characters on Wikipedia. Very weird- a guy with a Radiation Immunity that allowed him to be a good NASA astronaut, he was de-powered on M-Day, but was found by Apocalypse, and turned into his new Horseman of War. He actually looked pretty cool- a big blue ram dude, but he died super-quickly to Apocalypse's henchman Ozymandias, so we never got to see more of him. As a NASA guy, he had Immunity 11 (Radiation Effects, Starvation) [11] as his only powers, and was able to consume radiation for sustenance, but as the Horseman of War, he's got a powerful pair of Blasts (totally over-cost since he has to buy one as a Device, but it's a one-shot loser character so who cares, right?) and he's pretty strong.

-I always wonder why nearly everyone in comics gets to be a good fighter automatically, though- this guy can trade punches with the X-Men in his debut, even though he was hardly a combat trained fellow at first (astronauts are mostly scientists these days). To befit his amateur villain status, he's actually pretty low-end on the accuracy & defenses- if he'd lived past his first appearance, he would have likely settled into a PL 8-type role, not quite the Sentinel-blasting dude you see here.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:02 am
HalloweenJack wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:16 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:29 am Okay, that's FINALLY it for the Marvel UK characters :). This one took a lot longer than anticipated- not only was I doing them on my cellphone at one point, but the numbers kept getting added to over time- first I discovered my "Excalibur" file had the five Braddock Academy brats on it, then I added the four names that were mentioned (Immortalis, G-Force, etc.). Then Koroko mentioned Tektos, and then MC48 mentioned the Q7 Strike Force! Ordinarily, I'd have "spread" those guys out a bit more, as most of them were insanely minor (as opposed to, you know, big names like Death Metal & Black Baron), but it was already too late once I'd started posting the dudes.

So here's a bit of a State Of Jab's Builds for the next year or so:
(* Note: I tend to find random things to post on a constant basis, so my "Planned Order" of builds is constantly changing. It's part of why I almost never do requests, and why I always have the "Posting Order" laid out well in advance- to prevent bouts of ADD from striking and sending me all over the place with random things. Just think of how long the poor Hulk Builds took to finally happen- I announced that I was planning them out in *2014*, and only got around to them earlier this year!)
  • Marvel- The Letter "B": 15 day's worth!
  • Marvel- The Letter "C": 14 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "D": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "F": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "G": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "H": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "L": 8 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "M": 19 days' worth (the biggest letter left by far, now that "S" is finally done).
  • Marvel- The Letter "N": 6 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "P": 7 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "R": 9 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "T": 12 days' worth.
  • Marvel- The Letter "W": 6 days' worth (mostly a lotta "Wraiths" and "White Tigers").
(all the letters are, naturally, thrown out randomly between "other" sets. I'm a completist, but few of these are just CRYING out for builds or re-posts)
  • Marvel 2099: An odd amount of interest for this. It's pretty easy to research, as the characters don't appear to be very deep.
  • Sailor Moon: F*ck you if you don't like it :p. I might wait until we see BatgirlIII posting on here again- she's been off for a bit.
  • Spider-Man: A semi-recent set (it was Ronin Army-era), but since I'm away for a couple of weeks in May, and Ares has PROMISED he'll be around to comment on it, I can re-post them then. It'll be like I haven't left, but instead just got lazy!
  • The Squadron Supreme: It's been a LONG-ass time.
  • Samurai Shodown: One of the more interesting sets of fighting game characters, but the character list is MUCH larger than you'd think.
  • Godzilla: eh, maybe. Nothing really new to add, though.
  • Wicked: Pretty simple re-posts, really. Though I probably don't have to explain as hard who Idina Menzel is anymore :).
  • Gargoyles: Not since ATT have I posted these. Though there's really not a lot of new information out there.
  • Shining Force: One of my favorite games ever. I just have to be in the right "mood" to want to do these.
  • Fire Emblem (GBA's first one): See above. Also, "guy with sword" is your typical build, so it's not like it's super-deep.
  • Mega Man: Jesus, it's actually been since *2nd Edition* since I posted these guys! I mentioned possibly doing them "soon-ish" when I did the Video Game builds, but at that point, I was kinda burned out on non-comics builds, and didn't really want to just slog through updating the builds to the newer edition. But I could manage it now. Mega Man X might be further away on the horizon, despite some far superior boss designs.
  • Invincible: It's been a HELL of a long time- again, these were 2nd Edition builds! But with the series ending within the next year-ish (stupid delayed issues), I figure I should help cap it off with a more-complete run (my builds pre-date the arrivals of Conquest or Evil Freddie Mercury). Expect a lot of "holy shit, I forgot about that guy" with all of Mark's terrestrial menaces like Tether Tyrant and Magmaniac.
  • Marvel Organizations: Just some re-posts, as these were tolerable "filler". Won't take more than a day.
  • Marvel's Monsters: Already mostly-built, but I can put them all down at once, and add new stuff for Blade and his crew.
  • Ghost Rider: The '70s stuff, the '90s phenomenon, and the repeated failed attempts at making him a thing today.
  • The Legion of Super-Heroes: Mostly re-posts from the ATT.
  • Dinosaurs: Again, these were ATT-era, though will be mostly unchanged.
  • Suicide Squad/Secret Six: Kinda had an idea for these guys after reading a few trades of Ostrander's book, plus people seemed into it enough to tie it with Marvle 2099 in terms of interest. And Secret Six was Gail Simone's best work ever. Naturally, DC threw it away.
  • Power Pack: Just to get it out of the way :). Fun Fact: My eternal hatred of requests and people interjecting with stuff they wanted to see stems almost entirely from me being forced to stat these f*cks up due to sudden interest when my "Ronin Army" thread started up. This book can suck my vinegary BALLS.
  • Killer Instinct: Re-posts, plus I hear they added some guys. I'd have to work my interest up, as I don't care about the series.
  • WeaponLord: A pretty quick set (it's like, what- seven guys?). But two are muscular ladies.
  • Thundercats: I dunno, maybe. The show is a REAL piece of shit if you watch it today. Good for snark, though.
  • The Force of July: Pretty fun jobbers.
  • South Park: I actually had this planned out 2-3 years ago, but never got around to it (TV builds are more fun conceptually than they are in practice)- the list is just too enormous to do "properly" without a lot of time.
* this is naturally pretty heavy towards Marvel, as usual. It's just easier to research, easier to place guys PL-wise, more consistent with characterization and continuity, and just plain more FUN.
I?
.....I'mma have to pay you millions of dollars delivered by FBB dominatrixes to get you to do Terrodrome aren't I? lol

I will not build them
In a house.
I will not build them
With a mouse.
I would not build them
With a goose.
I shall not build them
For a moose!
I will not build them
Here or there.
I will not build them
Anywhere!
The day the mighty Jabroniville backed down from a few simple fanmade fighting game builds......never thought it would be here
Jabroniville

Sanjar Javeed

Post by Jabroniville »

SANJAR JAVEED (aka The Horseman of Death)
Created By:
Rick Remender & Jerome Opena
First Appearance: Uncanny X-Force #2 (January 1, 2011)
Role: Death-Bringer
Group Affiliations: The Horsemen of Apocalypse
PL 8 (142)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 8 (+9)
Insight 3 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Set-Up

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Ailment Aura"
Weaken All Abilities 8 (Feats: Precise- Sometimes Specific Diseases) (Extras: Broad, Simultaneous, Reaction +3, Area- Scent Perception) (Quirks: Requires Metal as Medium -2) [55]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Ailment Aura +8 Area (+8 Weaken, DC 18)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +4

Complications:
Responsibility (The Will of Apocalypse)

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 55 / Defenses: 8 (142)

-Sanjar Javeed is one of the earliest people to call themself the Horseman of Death. He was the bastard son of a generous King mere centuries after the time of Jesus, but being disavowed turned him bitter, and he became a thief. He developed an "Ailment Aura" that made people around him sick- Apocalypse soon found him and named him the "Seraph of Death". In this form, he apparently suck around for centuries, and faced Uncanny X-Force before being decapitated by Deathlok, who was immune to his mutant power. Later, he showed up out of nowhere running the Pan-Asian School for the Unusually Gifted alongside Jimmy Woo... which doesn't make a lot of sense, given he's, you know, AN AGENT OF APOCALYPSE.

-Javeed's Ailment Aura is the only really dangerous part about him. This effect essentially transmits a "wide spectrum of diseases", so long as he's touching metal.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

So with Sanjar, we head into the NEW builds- the recent Horsemen created for Rick Remender's run on Uncanny X-Force. Expect none of these guys to stand the test of time, and for them to have disappeared by the time the next writer tries an "Apocalypse Story".
Hoid

Re: Gazer

Post by Hoid »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:10 am Image

GAZER, HORSEMAN OF WAR (Real Name Unknown)
Created By:
Peter Milligan & Salvador Larocca
First Appearance: X-Men #169 (June 2005)
Role: Blaster, Animalistic Guy
Fate: Stabbed by Ozymandias (not the cool one)
PL 9 (130)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 1 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Athletics 1 (+8)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Astronaut) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 4 (+5)
Persuasion 5 (+5)
Technology 5 (+7)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
Minion 5, Ranged Attack 8

Powers:
"Solar Redirection"
Solar Optic Blast 10 [20]
Immunity 5 (Solar Energy Damage) [5]

"Power Mace" (Flaws: Easily Removable -2) [13]
Electrical Blast 10 (20) -- (21 points)
  • AE: "Mace Strike" Strength-Damage +1 (1)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Mace +7 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Blasts +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 13 / Powers: 38 / Defenses: 10 (130)

FLYNG MECHANICAL HORSE OF APOCALYPSE
Role:
Awesome Mounted Beast
PL 6 (64)- Minion Rank 5
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA -- AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+10)
Perception 4 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Improved Critical (Hoof), Power Attack

Powers:
"Mechanical Creature"
Protection 7 [7]

Flight 5 (60 mph) (Flaws: Winged) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:

Complications:
Disabled (Animal-Bot)- Robo-Horses cannot speak to humans, nor use their paws to easily manipulate objects.

Total: Abilities: -2 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 2 / Powers: 52 / Defenses: 2 (64)

-Just heard about this dude looking at Horsemen characters on Wikipedia. Very weird- a guy with a Radiation Immunity that allowed him to be a good NASA astronaut, he was de-powered on M-Day, but was found by Apocalypse, and turned into his new Horseman of War. He actually looked pretty cool- a big blue ram dude, but he died super-quickly to Apocalypse's henchman Ozymandias, so we never got to see more of him. As a NASA guy, he had Immunity 11 (Radiation Effects, Starvation) [11] as his only powers, and was able to consume radiation for sustenance, but as the Horseman of War, he's got a powerful pair of Blasts (totally over-cost since he has to buy one as a Device, but it's a one-shot loser character so who cares, right?) and he's pretty strong.

-I always wonder why nearly everyone in comics gets to be a good fighter automatically, though- this guy can trade punches with the X-Men in his debut, even though he was hardly a combat trained fellow at first (astronauts are mostly scientists these days). To befit his amateur villain status, he's actually pretty low-end on the accuracy & defenses- if he'd lived past his first appearance, he would have likely settled into a PL 8-type role, not quite the Sentinel-blasting dude you see here.
This is a pretty cool image for such a jobber character.
Jabroniville

Decimus

Post by Jabroniville »

DECIMUS FURIUS (aka The Horseman of War)
Created By:
PL 9 (87)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Expertise (War) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Move-By Action, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Powerful Physicality"
Regeneration 6 (Feats: Regrows Limbs) [7]
Features 1: Reading His Mind May Drive One To Being Overcome by Sorrow & Hate [1]

"War-Infecting Axe" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [9]
Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Penetrating 8) Linked to Affliction 6 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Transformed) (Flaws: Limited to Bloodlust) (14 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Axe +8 (+8 Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 23 & 16)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +7, Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Weakness (Love)- Dominus is prone to literally exploding if he finds himself feeling romantically towards another.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 17 / Defenses: 12 (87)

-A homeless Roman child, Dominus's Mutant Powers activated, and was worshiped as the dark god "Minotaur" (... I assume they don't mean he was supposed to be the ACTUAL minotaur, since that's Pre-Roman). He was recruited by Apocalypse's forces into becoming one of his "Final Horsemen" in case all other plans failed. He blew up once or twice due to his love for Psylocke, but eventually got over it (and recovered from blowing up, I guess). He wields a crazy four-bladed axe (jesus, imagine having to draw that thing...) that can fill others with bloodlust.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Jeb Lee

Post by Jabroniville »

JEB LEE (aka The Horseman of Famine)
Created By:
PL 8 (114)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5

Skills:
Athletics 6 (+8)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Soldier) 4 (+5)
Insight 3 (+6)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 2 (+6)

Advantages:
Set-Up

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Bio-Auditory Cancer"
Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Area- Auditory Perception) Linked to Damage 5 (Extras: Penetrating, Area- Auditory Perception) [31]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Bio-Auditory Cancer +8 Area (+8 Weaken & +5 Damage, DC 18 & 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:

Complications:
Power Loss (Bio-Auditory Cancer)- Jeb must tap to use his powers (not necessarily with drums).

Total: Abilities: 64 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 31 / Defenses: 8 (114)

-A Confederate spy during the Civil War, Jeb's family was burned alive when his duplicity was discovered, and he went on a killing spree using his Mutant Powers. He lost his hands to Wolverine, but can apparently still "drum" with the stumps.
Jabroniville

Ichisumi

Post by Jabroniville »

b]ICHISUMI (aka The Horseman of Pestilence)
Created By:[/b] Rick Remender & Jerome Opena
PL 8 (113)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 5

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 4 (+7)
Expertise (Geisha) 4 (+5)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Persuasion 1 (+4)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Set-Up

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Yume Beetles"
"Dream-Eating Beetles" Damage 8 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) Linked to Mind-Reading 4 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Victims Killed) [32]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Dream-Eaters +8 Area (+8 Damage & +4 Mind-Reading, DC 23 & 14)
Initiative +4

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 9 (113)

-A geisha who failed to snag a wealthy husband, thus disappointing her father, Ichisumi's inferiority complex resulted in tragedy as she summoned "Yume Beetles" that killed hundreds. She was a minor member of the Horsemen, but her tryst with a mind-controlled Archangel resulted in the birth of The Apocalypse Twins, who were used as major villains in Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers, as they'd been captured by Kang and sent into the timestream, where they returned to our time as powerful adults, slaying Celestials with Cosmic Weapons and such. Their mother was not much of a character in the story after that point.
Shock

Re: Jeb Lee

Post by Shock »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:49 am "Mutant Powers: Bio-Auditory Cancer"
When comic science technobabble goes bad....
Jabroniville

Apocalypse

Post by Jabroniville »

APOCALYPSE (En Sabah Nur)
Created By:
Louise & Walter Simonson
First Appearance: X-Factor #5 (June 1986)
Role: Wannabe Big Bad, Shapeshifting Foe, Variable Power Guy
Group Affiliations: The Riders of the Storm, The Dark Riders, The Clan Akkaba, The Alliance of Evil
Fate: Alive (again)
PL 13 (330)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 1
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 10 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+12)
Deception 4 (+8)
Expertise (Magic) 2 (+12)
Expertise (History) 6 (+16)
Expertise (Science) 11 (+21)
Expertise (Tactics) 4 (+14)
Insight 4 (+9)
Intimidation 9 (+13)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 4 (+9)
Technology 10 (+20)
Treatment 5 (+15)
Vehicles 4 (+4)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Beginner's Luck, Chokehold, Close Attack, Diehard, Equipment 10, Fascinate (Intimidation), Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Jack-of-All-Trades, Last Stand, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 12, Skill Mastery 2 (Science, Technology), Taunt, Ultimate Science Skill, Ultimate Technology Skill, Well-Informed, Withstand Damage

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Vast Shapeshifting Power (Augmented by Celestial Technology)"
Protection 1 (Extras: Impervious 13) [14]
Immunity 11 (Aging, Life Support) [11]
Regeneration 10 (Feats: Regrowth) [11]
"Telepathy" Mind-Reading 5 Linked to Communication (Mental) 2 [16]
"Mind Shield" Immunity 20 (Mental Effects) (Flaws: Limited to Half-Effect) [10]

Energy Blast 13 [26]
Shapeshift 5 (40) -- [41]
  • AE: Teleport 10 (10)
(Common Powers: "Long Hammer Fists" Strength-Damage +2- Reach 6; "Armour" Protection +2; "Stretching" Elongation 5; "Dodging By Shaping" Enhanced Defenses 2; "Huge Size" Increased Mass & Elongation; "Boot Jets" Flight 5)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Hammer Fists +11 (+15 Damage, DC 30)
Energy Blast +12 (+13 Ranged Damage, DC 28)
Initiative +1

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +14 (+16 Armour/Size), Fortitude +13, Will +13

Complications: 
Enemy (The X-Men)
Enemy (Archangel)- Apocalypse screwed over Warren Worthington III pretty bad- changing his appearance and his powers to become the Horseman of Death. In return, Warren promised to slay Apocalypse. At one point, he gleefully left Apocalypse to bleed to death on a cold floor than give him the satisfaction of a "Warrior's Death".
Enemy (Cable)- Nathan Summers suffered a torturous childhood under Apocalypse's reign in the future, and was victimized by him in the past by the Techno-Organic Virus. He returned to the past as Cable solely to bring about a new future, and destroy his tormentor.
Weakness (Aging)- Apocalypse requires the occasional treatment to regain his strength after all these years of life. At certain points, he can become incredibly weak.

Total: Abilities: 112 / Skills: 68--34 / Advantages: 38 / Powers: 129 / Defenses: 17 (330)

Apocalypse- Marvel's Wannabe Major Villain:
-Good old Apocalypse is pretty much the "Big Bad" of the X-characters, but not really. See, Magneto is less of an overall threat (in that only a few of his schemes REALLY threaten the entire planet), but is WAY more of a personal foe to the team, given his relationships with them and how he used to be Headmaster and all that. Apoc has this great concept of a Social Darwinist who wants to kill all the weak (very unique for a villainous calling- most are just standard Dark Lord types), but his character just never developed beyond that. He's just this big generic "MOO-HAH-HAH I AM SO MIGHTY!" guy with zero subtlety and tons of ass-kick. He has the worst henchmen in comics (The Dark Riders & the Four Hoursemen), all his REALLY cool minions turn good again (Archangel, Hulk as War, Wolverine as Death), and his worst enemy is Captain '90s himself, Cable.

-This is odd for a guy who debuted as X-Factor's key bad guy. He's gotten some MAJOR power upgrades since then (since X-Factor was like a group of five PL 10s at the time, and now there's five billion X-Men, with many PL 11s on the roster), and revealed secret cabals like "The Clan Akkad", unleashed morty villain groups on the comic book world, etc. He's been the main villain of a few events, but unfortunately, few of them were that great.

En Sabah Nur- The Early Years:
-Apocalypse's bio is ridiculously-enormous since he's 5000 years old and thus has done a lot of things. Most of it's rather boring because all he does is fight for, gain and lose power against guys like Kang (in his Rama-Tut days), works with Nathaniel "Mr. Sinister" Essex, and gains some Celestial technology. He's introduced into the pages of X-Factor as the brains behind a number of their threats (like The Alliance of Evil), then forms the Four Horsemen and re-makes Warren Worthington III into his mighty "Archangel". He's a recurring foe in that book, eventually poisoning Cyclops' infant son Nathan with the Techno-Organic Virus, requiring him being sent into the future, where he becomes Cable (and, ironically, Apocalypse's worst enemy). He also forms The Dark Riders out of some evil Inhumans. In The X-Cutioner's Song, he didn't get a lot of credit, being in a constant state of injury thanks to his body requiring occasional regenerative periods, which were now being interrupted by Stryfe (who, thinking HE was Nathan Summers, had a massive hatred for Apocalypse). He managed to wipe out a group of X-Men sent to investigate him, but was then fatally-injured by his own Dark Riders (now the minions of Stryfe), then left to bleed to death on the floor by Archangel, who wanted to refuse his old master a "Warrior's Death".

Apocalypse in & After the Iron Age:
-Naturally, he came back. Now that Cable was all over the place in Marvel (getting his own book and everything), the big guy was often used as Cable's own personal Big Bad. He was also the main villain behind The Twelve, a REALLY disappointing storyline that had been built up over several years (going back to the Claremont days) of small hints here and there (various Omega-Level Mutants were thought of as being part of the mysterious "Twelve", who had some great purpose). Instead, Apocalypse just kidnapped twelve guys into some convoluted machine, and got zapped by Cyclops, resulting in the two merging and Cyke being written out of the X-Books for a while. He was also a huge part in The Age of Apocalypse (go figure), an EXTREMELY-popular Alternate Timeline story that gave us a ton of great "What If?" concepts (Magneto & Rogue leading The X-Men!), and mostly a lot of REALLY good costume redesigns by the then-popular Joe Madureira.

-After that, things kind of just fell apart in terms of Apocalypse storylines- he'd pop up here or there, brainwash some superheroes into serving as his Four Horsemen (now that the Dark Riders were dead), but then have his plans foiled and the hero recovered. He'd get a LOT of bad story arcs over the next decade-plus, ending up being a regular thing in Rick Remender's X-Force, where he'd be killed and semi-resurrected in his son Evan, who now had to fight against his inner-evil, but would be greatly assisted by a semi-reformed Wade Wilson.

-All in all, I feel that Apocalypse fails as a true Master Villain, despite all the hype, all the cross-over stories, and all the Big Events. He's just PERSONALLY not that interesting (essentially he's your standard Dark Lord), and he's repeated the same "Brainwash a hero into being the new Horseman" thing one too many times. And for a guy who's taken over the world in more than one Alternate Timeline (Cable's future depicts him as the planet's ruler as well), he's just not as epic or as interesting as the other A-List Marvel Villains: Magneto, Dr. Doom, Mephisto, Thanos & others have it all over him. We'll see if his turn as an Ivan Ooze cosplayer in the new X-Men movie will help him out.

Apocalypse's Stats:
-Apocalypse is kind of hard to stat up. He's PL 12 in some ways, and PL 13 in others, but he's FAR more dangerous than his PL implies. His Shapeshifting allows him to mimic dozens of powers, modify several of his caps at-will, Grow, etc. His Fortitude & Will Defenses are incredible (making him a PL 15 vs. Mental Attacks), he's nigh-impossible to mind-fry, he hits harder than The Thing but is more accurate, and even worse, he REGENERATES from nearly all harm, often quite quickly. This means that it's virtually inconcievable that somebody could put him down for the long count, as even the worst damage will be nullified in minutes, leaving him just as strong as before. Talk about a Teamwrecking superstar.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Genesis (Tyler)

Post by Jabroniville »

This is the most generic Super-Villain Concept ever. Just some big guy in Space Marine armor.

GENESIS (Tyler Dayspring/Summers)
Created By:
Fabian Nicieza & Rob Liefeld
First Appearance: X-Force #1 (Aug. 1991)
Role: The Failed Son, False Big Bad
Group Affiliations: Tolliver's Organization, The Dark Riders, The Askani Clan Chosen
PL 10 (211)
STRENGTH
3/6 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 
Acrobatics 4 (+8)
Athletics 4 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (History) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+8)
Expertise (Soldier) 5 (+9)
Expertise (Criminal) 7 (+11)
Insight 4 (+6)
Intimidation 3 (+7)
Investigation 2 (+4)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+6)
Technology 4 (+8)
Vehicles 4 (+6)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Benefit 4 (Wealth 3, Alternate Identity- Tolliver), Connected, Contacts, Equipment 4, Improved Aim, Improved Critical (Firearms), Ranged Attack 9, Taunt, Well-Informed

Powers:
"Mutant Powers: Holographic Projections of Memories"
Mind-Reading 10 (Flaws: Limited to Memories) [10]
Summon Solid Holograms 5 (Extras: Horde, 8 Minions- Multiple Minions +6, Variable- Memories) [50]

"Power Armour" (Flaws: Removable) [14]
Enhanced Strength 3 (6)
Protection 4 (Extras: Impervious 7) (11)
-- (17 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Armoured Strength +11 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Firearms +11 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4 (+8 Armour), Fortitude +7, Will +7

Complications: 
Motivation (Greed, Power)
Enemy (Cable)- Tyler has been brainwashed by Stryfe against his own father, Cable, and seeks to destroy him.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 66--33 / Advantages: 24 / Powers: 74 / Defenses: 14 (211)

-Tyler Dayspring, the son of Cable, was just mishandled on every level. See, he was initially just part of Cable's sad backstory (as they tried to fill in the character's blanks)- a young man twisted by Stryfe into a mercenary, and put on a mission that killed him. THEN it was revealed that C-League X-Force foe Mr. Tolliver, a generic crimeboss (and I mean GENERIC- there was NOTHING interesting about this guy, other than him kidnapping Domino for a year... when there was no reason to just not kill her- he was ALREADY using her dupe Copycat on X-Force...), was actually Tyler in disguise! And so Tyler threatened Cable for a bit... and then took over the Dark Riders, killed Cyber, and tried to put the Adamantium from THAT failed '90s villain into Wolverine. The subsequent storyline saw the writers do away with all these crap characters, and so Genesis was killed.

-His spirit would reappear, but this was just a terribly-done storyline. Instead of giving Cable a new epic villain, they faltered with him and had him offed by a completely different guy. OR they could have just left him in the "sad backstory" category.

-Genesis isn't that powerful- more like a PL 9 guy with a lot of Skills & smarts, but he's got the ability to Summon Minions... I think. See, I'm going off of various bio-sites, and ComicVine says he could make "Solid Holograms of Others' Memories", implying he's a Minion Guy. Uh... he's a pricey guy, though, like most Master Villains tend to be, even if they fail at being such.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.