Jab’s Builds! (Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef! Sweetums! Gonzo!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Golden Age Vision

Post by Jabroniville »

THE VISION I (Aarkus)
Created By:
Joe Simon & Jack Kirby
First Appearance: Marvel Mystery Comics #13 (Nov. 1940)
Role: Forgotten Golden-Age Hero
PL 8 (155)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 4 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Police Officer) 5 (+8)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 4 (+6)
Investigation 4 (+8)
Perception 2 (+6)
Stealth 3 (+7)

Advantages:
Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
Ice Snare 7 Linked to Weaken Stamina 7 (Extras: Progressive +2, Ranged) (49) -- [53]
  • AE: Teleport 15 (Extras: Accurate) (Flaws: Source- Smoke) (30)
  • AE: Illusion (Visual & Hearing) 8 (Flaws: Limited to Images of Himself) (16)
  • AE: "Ice Generation" Create Ice 6 (Feats: Innate) (13)
  • AE: Environment 2 (Cold 2) (4)
Flight 5 (60 mph) [10]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Snare +8 (+7 Ranged Affliction & Weaken, DC 17 & 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +4, Fortitude +6, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Justice)- The Vision is a super-cop who fights crime in two dimensions.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 63 / Defenses: 9 (155)

-The original Vision was a Timely Comics character that lasted for about three years in the 1940s, but pretty much vanished after that. I assume that Roy Thomas was inspired by him to create the modern Vision, given that I would bet MONEY that Thomas is and was the world's greatest expert on Golden Age super-hero comics. Vision is an alien cop from a dimension called Smokeworld, but decides to fight crime on Earth after talking to an Earth scientist. Nowadays, he lives in the sewers of New York City, taking care of a Cosmic Cube and allying with the Winter Soldier to take other Invaders survivors to rescue Namor on the Kree homeworld- his modern appearances can be counted on one hand, and include the time that Rick Jones summoned some Golden Age heroes so Roy Thomas could live out his obsessions at the end of the Kree/Skrull War, and another time in an early '90s Invaders issue (so he went thirty years without appearing, then another twenty).

-The Vision's powers are rather strange and appear mostly-unrelated to each other- he seems like kind of a Golden Age attempt to mimic how Superman sort of had a mish-mash of whatever power was needed sometimes.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ares
Site Admin

Re: Jab's Builds! (Excello! Dynamic Man! Golden Age Heroes! The Torch!)

Post by Ares »

KorokoMystia wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 pm I recall seeing the Spirit of '76 in one of Marvel's Book Of The Dead (And Inactive) handbooks. (Fun thing to do with those: Have a look and see how many of the characters listed in it have been revived since then!)
I actually went and did that once. I think at this point, roughly half of said characters were brought back to life.
"My heart is as light as a child's, a feeling I'd nearly forgotten. And by helping those in need, I will be able to keep that feeling alive."
- Captain Marvel SHAZAM! : Power of Hope (2000)

Want to support me and Echoes of the Multiverse? Follow this link to subscribe or donate.
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Golden Agers- Torch! The Destroyers! Union Jack!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

I'm wondering if Aarkus's Ice Snare should have a Weaken Stamina effect on it like other characters's ice snares. Marvel Wiki says he can freeze things to death.
Jabroniville

Blue Diamond

Post by Jabroniville »

Dude! You don't shoot a guy in the DICK!

BLUE DIAMOND (Elton T. Morrow)
Created By:
Ben Thompson
First Appearance: Daring Mystery Comics #7 (April 1941)
Role: Forgotten Golden Age Hero
Group Affiliations: The Liberty Legion, The Crazy Sues, The New Invaders
PL 9 (185)
STRENGTH
8 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 2 (+4)
Expertise (Archaeologist) 5 (+8)
Insight 1 (+4)
Perception 3 (+6)
Technology 1 (+4)

Advantages:
None

Powers:
"Diamond-Hard Skin"
Protection 6 (Extras: Impervious 13) [19]

Offense:
Unarmed +6 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +11 (+7 Impervious), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Fighting the Nazis)- Blue Diamond joined the numerous ranks of underwear-clad supermen fighting the Germans in World War II.

Total: Abilities: 66 / Skills: 12--6 / Advantages: 0 / Powers: 19 / Defenses: 7 (185)

-You want obscure? How 'bout a guy who appeared in only TWO issues in his entire Golden Age career- Daring Comics #7 and #8 (its last)? That's some weak stuff right there. Since Roy Thomas knew who he was, he got to show up in some more modern books (1970s issues of The Invaders & stuff), as well as other things that look back at the 1940s. Blue Diamond is Elton T. Morrow, an archaeologist who found a mysterious blue diamond that is part of the Lifestone Tree, a thing that powers the Chosen Eight of Fate (aliens). An explosion via a German sub blows up the diamond, spreading its particulles all over him, giving him super-powers. He later came out of retirement to help The Thing fight a crystal-based alien named Shanga, who transforms him into a human-diamond to be her consort.

-Blue Diamond is tough as hell, making PL 8.5 defensively, but he's a minor PL 7 threat in hand-to-hand. I mean, the guy only had two appearances back in they day, and is mostly forgotten even now. When Shanga changed him, he likely became Immune to Fortitude Effects and gained the ability to fly.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Blue Shield

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BLUE SHIELD (Joseph Cartelli)
Created By:
Tom DeFalco & Frank Springer
First Appearance: Dazzler #5 (July 1981)
Role: Forgotten Hero
Group Affiliations: The Initiative, Project Pegasus
PL 9 (99)
STRENGTH
6 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 1 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Athletics 2 (+7)
Expertise (Security Agent) 6 (+7)
Insight 2 (+4)
Investigation 3 (+5)
Perception 3 (+5)
Technology 2 (+3)

Advantages:
Close Attack 2, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Formerly Belt-Given Powers"
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 1 (4 mph) [1]

"Micro-Circuitry Belt" (Flaws: Removable) [18]
Force Field 7 (Extras: Impervious 9) (16)
Immunity 6 (Heat, Gas Attacks) (6)
-- (22 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+6 Damage, DC 21)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +6 (DC 16), Toughness +5 (+12 Force Field, +5 Impervious), Fortitude +7, Will +4

Complications:
Motivation (Fighting Crime)- Joseph's father Frank was gunned down by the Mob.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 20 / Defenses: 6 (99)

-Hahahahaha wouldn't ya know it? When someone (Devastation Bob, I think) requested The Blue Shield eons ago, I thought I'd built him already, but I was mistaken. I HAD built The Blue Diamond, and figured I'd included this look-alike when I did that, but I hadn't. But just checking out the Marvel Two-In-One issue featuring The Star-Dancer & Blue Diamond reminded me of this guy, and lookie-lookie- TOM DeFALCO wrote both that issue (featuring Diamond) and THIS GUY's first appearance! In the same YEAR, no less!

-Joe Cantrelli has the most generic, unthought-out superhero origin of all time- the son of a murder victim, he became a vigilante, and gained a fancy costume by some method that's never been discovered since they apparently didn't bother. He allies with Dazzler in his debut, but then becomes part of Project Pegasus, sort of a boring-ass STAR Labs knock-off over at Marvel comprised mostly of forgotten Marvel characters that Mark Gruenwald remembered. His powers became natural, and he kind of got stuck there at P.P. He would go a decade or so without an appearance (since Gru died and all), before showing up as a member of The Initiative (since P.P. was already a government agency, it makes sense). He pretty much hasn't done anything in forever.

-The Blue Shield is basically a PL 7 Melee Fighter packing a PL 9-quality Force Field, making him a not-terribly-useful hero. Given that his entire schtick is basically being a security agent for a group that's constantly being attacked by aliens and super-villains, I guess that fits.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Still, as bad as some of Marvel's Golden Agers are, none of them suck as much as the Red Bee, right? Something about that guy just amuses me because of how much he sucks, though. And hey, when I gave him a playtest his swarm of bees absolutely slaughtered the mooks sent his way.
L-Space

Re: Blue Diamond

Post by L-Space »

Jabroniville wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:33 pmDude! You don't shoot a guy in the DICK!

"Diamond-Hard Skin"
Too easy. :mrgreen:
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

The Whizzer

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, this is just the ultimate combination of suck in one character. I mean, LOOK AT THIS- his name is "THE WHIZZER" for one, which is just absolutely hilarious given even semi-modern slang. Then his costume is PISS-YELLOW. And then you add in that he's a DERIVATIVE CHARACTER, being a Flash knock-off (right down to the head-wings). Then there's the plain "W" on his chest, and blue underpants on the outside of his costume. Who combines THAT MUCH SUCK this way?

THE WHIZZER I (Robert L. Frank)
Created By:
Al Avison (unknown writer)
First Appearance: USA Comics #1 (Aug. 1941)
Role: Flash Rip-Off, Forgotten Golden Age Character
Group Affiliation: The Invaders, The All-Winners Squad, The Liberty Legion
PL 9 (137)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8/10 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 5 (+9)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10/+12)
Deception 6 (+7)
Expertise (Nuclear Power Plant Technician) 2 (+5)
Intimidation 4 (+5)
Expertise (Science) 4 (+7)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+6)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 4 (+10)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Great Endurance, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4

Powers:
"Super-Speed"
Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 13: Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Defense, Improved Initiative 3, Move-By Action, Takedown 2, Uncanny Dodge [13]
Enhanced Dodge 4 [4]
Enhanced Parry 3 [3]
"Mongoose Speed" Speed 7 (250 mph) [7]
Quickness 4 [4]

"Super-Speed Feats"
"Wall & Water Run" Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling, Water-Walking) (Flaws: Limited to While Running) [2]
Immunity 1 (Friction Heat) [1]
"Hit Everyone in Range" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst 5, Selective 5) (13) -- [15]
  • AE: "Jetstream" Move Object 6 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range) (12)
  • AE: "Rapid-Punches" Strength-Damage +3 (Extras: Multiattack 5) (8)
Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Rapid-Punches +12 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Hit Everyone +5 Area (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Initiative +16

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6
"Top Speed" Dodge +12 (DC 22), Parry +14 (DC 24), Toughness +3 (+4 D.Roll), Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Addiction (Alcohol)- Frank was a drunk for years, rendering him homeless at least once.
Disabled (Depression)
Relationship (Miss America)- The two were married for years, but she died in childbirth.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 34--17 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 50 / Defenses: 10 (137)

-The Whizzer is one of those knock-off Golden Age characters who ended up being used a bit more than he maybe should have, largely because he was one of the FIRST big Flash knock-offs to come down the pike. His origin is suitably insane- he was given an injection of MONGOOSE BLOOD, and this ended up giving him Super-Speed. The Whizzer (God what a name) actually lasted for five years (WAY longer than most Golden Agers- longer than half the JSA, as a matter of fact). A later retcon made him a "latent Mutant".

-The Whizzer was used in modern times (circa the 1970s, which at the time didn't make him THAT old) allying with the newer heroes once or twice, and being shown in the Invaders series as an occasional member of the team, and he ended up married to Miss America. During the War, he also founded The Liberty Legion, a band of homeland defenders. He was also made the possible father of Quicksilver & The Scarlet Witch (before Magneto was finalized as their father in the 1970s by Steve Englehart). Unfortunately, his goofy-ass name and costume probably held him back, and he retired repeatedly, had a few heart attacks (including one against his own SON, now the insane Nuklo), and was given an embarrassing beating at the hands of Count Nefaria. He later dies while fighting his old wartime foe, Isbisa. This was so long ago that he still thought he was Wanda & Pietro's father.

-Honestly, it's a bit bizarre to look back at the sheer amount of CRAP this guy had to deal with- his wife dies in childbirth, he's turned into a drunk, he loses against villains constantly, his son turns into a radiation monster, and then he dies. And Geoff Johns wasn't even writing comics yet!

-The Whizzer was apparently quite good in his prime, but is oddly capable of only running at ONE-HUNDRED MILES PER HOUR, which is below most automobiles' peak speed. Despite this, he can still run up walls and across water, and create cyclones of air. So I'm assuming that's a typo that's reprinted in various sites, because I have yet to see the Prius capable of driving up the side of a building. I figure him for a PL 9 solid fighter, which is pretty good for a Golden Age Hero.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

William Naslund, AKA Spirit of 76/Cap II and Jeff Mace, AKA Patriot/Cap III were a little different, as I pointed out once before (and I see you did modify them slightly since your last round of builds); info on both is pretty sketchy, but Naslund was apparently a vaguely wealthy New England blue blood who had been an Ivy League athlete and champion collegiate boxer, while the blue-collar beat reporter Mace used a rather odd style of fighting for a Golden Age hero-a lot of headlocks, leg sweeps, and drop kicks, rather than the standard one-two puncher.

I'd give Spirit of 76 the advantages Benefit: Well-Off, the "power" of "Hits Hard": Str-based Damage 1, and maybe a couple vaguely "well-educated" type skills (maybe the guy knew an extra language or two, or could read Latin). The Patriot would get Improved Hold, Improved Trip, and Takedown in addition to current advantages.

And since you laid down the gauntlet over Black Fury/Miss Fury, here goes: in addition to your generic PL 7 non-powered hero template, Marla Drake gets the following: Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit 2: Independently Wealthy, Defensive Roll, Equipment (sports car, clawed gloves, handguns, whip), and Languages (she spoke a few, being a world traveler), along with the powers Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Uncanny Dodge, Senses (Danger Sense, Low-Light Vision), and Movement (Sure-Footed); her Complication is if she ever loses her "magic leopard skin" she has no access to any of her powers-it isn't bought as a device because she almost never has it taken away unless the focus of the adventure is Miss Fury stealing it back from an enemy. The above changes maker her PL 6.5 offensively when unarmed, PL 7 when using weapons such as her claws or whip, and a solid PL 8 defensively.

How's that? All my best.
Last edited by greycrusader on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Davies

Re: The Whizzer

Post by Davies »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:38 am -The Whizzer was apparently quite good in his prime, but is oddly capable of only running at ONE-HUNDRED MILES PER HOUR, which is below most automobiles' peak speed. Despite this, he can still run up walls and across water, and create cyclones of air. So I'm assuming that's a typo that's reprinted in various sites, because I have yet to see the Prius capable of driving up the side of a building. I figure him for a PL 9 solid fighter, which is pretty good for a Golden Age Hero.
I suspect not so much a typo as "comic book writers have no sense of scale". It's the same as stuff like "Hercules has a maximum press of 100 tons" vs. "Hercules can drag Manhattan Island back into its proper position".
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm not sorry I love you."
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Well, the last feat was later "revealed" to just be Hercules telling tall-tales (Spider-Man and Thor later called him on his bull-twaddle), but yes-it was like the old "Class 100" Strength, when characters like Hulk routinely tossed M-1 Tanks around like softballs and tore huge slabs of rock off mountain sides; same thing like over in Mark Millar's Ultimates when a 60' Giant-Man was shown dwarfing a F-5 fighter plane.

All my best.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

KorokoMystia wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 am Still, as bad as some of Marvel's Golden Agers are, none of them suck as much as the Red Bee, right? Something about that guy just amuses me because of how much he sucks, though. And hey, when I gave him a playtest his swarm of bees absolutely slaughtered the mooks sent his way.
...the Red Bee has a trained honeybee as a pet. Therefore, the Red Bee is, by default, the logical Golden Age equivalent of Squirrel Girl.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

greycrusader wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 am William Naslund, AKA Spirit of 76/Cap II and Jeff Mace, AKA Patriot/Cap III were a little different, as I pointed out once before (and I see you did modify them slightly since your last round of builds); info on both is pretty sketchy, but Naslund was apparently a vaguely wealthy New England blue blood who had been an Ivy League athlete and champion collegiate boxer, while the blue-collar beat reporter Mace used a rather odd style of fighting for a Golden Age hero-a lot of headlocks, leg sweeps, and drop kicks, rather than the standard one-two puncher.

I'd give Spirit of 76 the advantages Benefit: Well-Off, the "power" of "Hits Hard": Str-based Damage 1, and maybe a couple vaguely "well-educated" type skills (maybe the guy knew an extra language or two, or could read Latin). The Patriot would get Improved Hold, Improved Trip, and Takedown in addition to current advantages.

And since you laid down the gauntlet over Black Fury/Miss Fury, here goes: in addition to your generic PL 7 non-powered hero template, Marla Drake gets the following: Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit 2: Independently Wealthy, Defensive Roll, Equipment (sports car, clawed gloves, handguns, whip), and Languages (she spoke a few, being a world traveler), along with the powers Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Fighting 2, Enhanced Uncanny Dodge, Senses (Danger Sense, Low-Light Vision), and Movement (Sure-Footed); her Complication is if she ever loses her "magic leopard skin" she has no access to any of her powers-it isn't bought as a device because she almost never has it taken away unless the focus of the adventure is Miss Fury stealing it back from an enemy. The above changes maker her PL 6.5 offensively when unarmed, PL 7 when using weapons such as her claws or whip, and a solid PL 8 defensively.

How's that? All my best.
Hah- okay, I can look at somestuff when I get home.
Jabroniville

Miss America

Post by Jabroniville »

MISS AMERICA I (Madeline Joyce)
Created By:
Otto Binder & Al Gabriele
First Appearance: Marvel Mystery Comics #49 (Nov. 1943)
Role: Flash Rip-Off, Forgotten Golden Age Character
Group Affiliation: The Invaders, The All-Winners Squad, The Liberty Legion
PL 7 (99)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+6)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Insight 3 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+6)
Perception 1 (+4)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Improved Hold, Great Endurance, Ranged Attack 2

Powers:
"Psionic Levitation" Flight 7 (250 mph) [14]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +6

Complications:
Relationship (The Whizzer)- The two were married for years, but she died in childbirth.
Disabled (Needs Glasses)- One of the only superheroes to do so, in fact.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 16--8 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 14 / Defenses: 13 (99)

-Miss America was one of Marvel's first attempts to appeal to young female readers (alongside Namora, Sun Girl, Golden Girl, Blonde Phantom & Venus), and is basically a Wonder Woman knock-off with a generic name- one used by Quality Comics two years earlier (that one laster showed up in DC's Freedom Fighters). However, the character failed and Miss America #2 became a Women's/Girls' Magazine (this also featured the debut of Patsy Walker). She's a teenage heiress who was playing around with a scientist's machine during a thunderstorm, and... well, got Flying Brick powers. She soon lost the Strength for some reason (one of those Golden Age Retcons that often happened). Even though her solo book altered itself immediately, she got on the short-lived All-Winners Squad (later Retconned into being The Invaders). She died in childbirth (the first of their twins was a radioactive mutant and killed her- the second died), and both The Liberteens and The Young Allies got new versions (though the former only got a MS. America), until we got a NEW new Miss America in America Chavez.

-Her only real power is to fly (X-Ray Vision & Super-Strength were retconned away), which makes me wonder how effective she was- she died before the modern age of comics occurred, so we never saw her against real quality opponents. She also has one of those particular pain-in-the-ass histories where various writers have attached powers which were then forgotten or tossed aside, so if you saw a Miss America who was different, that's why. She's a not-particularly-dangerous PL 6-7 character.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greycrusader

Post by greycrusader »

Miss America suffered from REALLY inconsistent power showings, even in the hands of Roy Thomas, the first to revive her; at first she had vaguely defined "vitality" along with her power of flight in the Modern Era, which translated into Miss Joyce being as tireless as Captain America (no fatigue poisons) and more resistant to injuries (she could do human dive bombs against the much stronger Nazi uber-b**tch Warrior Woman without breaking herself in the process, and even take glancing blows from the amazonian fraulein without passing out or getting seriously injured. The "vitality" also served as an excuse as to how a formerly nerdy female researcher was suddenly so athletic, even if nowhere near Captain America's peak-human levels. She was also (fittingly) immune to harm from electricity.

But...at one point, Miss America was said to not REALLY fly-she was just reducing her personal gravity so she was weightless, and then making prodigious controlled leaps. Since this made no sense, given the few comics she appeared in clearly showed her doing aerial acrobatics, it just kind of got forgotten about.

Then in the last Invaders book by Roy Thomas, she cracks a stone bust in frigging HALF with one punch from her bare fist-a clearly superhuman feat. But she was pretty angry when pulling that off, and was clearly shown to be weaker than the Human Meteor (a PD character Thomas "appropriated" into a GA villain), who was like a PL 8 paragon/flying brick. So maybe her former super-strength was come and go, depending on her adrenaline levels?

Marvel's minor-league Golden Age good guys are often all over the place in terms of their ability sets, because they only have a handful of modern day appearances apiece, often years apart, and even the somewhat more popular ones weren't portrayed consistently in their original era, because the writers and editors didn't care.

All my best.