Emerald Flame's Character Builds

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Emerald_Flame300

Re: Emerald Flame's Character Builds (GUYVER!!!!)

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

BIO-BOOSTER ARMOR: GUYVER (PL-10)

Dexterity 7/1
Fighting 6/1
Intellect 1
Awareness 3
Presence 2

ADVANTAGES * Bolded Advantages are obtained from the Guyver
Agile Feint, Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Disarming (DC 14), Equipment 2, Evasion,
Great Endurance, Improved Critical: Vibroblades, Improved Critical: Hand-to-Hand, Improved Initiative, Instant Up
Luck 5, Move-by Action, Power Attack

SKILLS
Athletics 1 (+13/+10), Close Combat: Vibro Blades: Strength-based Damage 3 1 (+7), Deception 1 (+3),
Insight 2 (+5), Investigation 1 (+2), Perception 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: ???? 1 (+8), Technology 3 (+4)

POWERS

Bio-Booster Armor (Removable)
*Alien Combat Systems: Enhanced Trait 69 (alien, biological, technological), Fighting +5 (+6),
Acrobatics +3 (+10), Athletics +3 (+13), Dexterity +6 (+7), Agility +6 (+7), Strength +8 (+9), Stamina +1
(+1), Fortitude +3 (+4), Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Great Endurance,
Improved Critical, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack)
* Alien Healing: Regeneration 5 (Every 2 rounds)
* Alien Physiology: Immunity 3 (Critical Hits, Starvation & Thirst)
* Alien Senses: Senses 9 (alien, biological, technological, Accurate: Vision, Danger Sense: Vision,
Infravision, Penetrates Concealment: Vision, Radius: Vision)
* Hardened Armor: Protection 8 (+8 Toughness; Impervious)

Bio-Weapon Systems
* Alien Strength Booster: Enhanced Strength 5 (+5 STR; Limited to Lifting)
* Vibro Blades: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 27; Multiattack, Penetrating 4)
* Gravity Flight: Flight 5 (Speed: 60 miles/hour, 900 feet/round)
* IR Laser: Damage 9 (DC 24; Increased Range: ranged, Multiattack)
* Pressure Cannon: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 10; Activation: move
action)
* Mega Smasher: Line Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 20,
Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 10; Activation 2: standard action, Noticeable:
Bright Glow from chest / Huge energy blast, Tiring)

EQUIPMENT
Car, Cell Phone (Smartphone)

OFFENSE
Initiative +11
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 19)
IR Laser: Damage 9, +7 (DC 24)
Mega Smasher: Line Area Damage 10 (DC 25)
Pressure Cannon: Damage 10, +7 (DC 25)
Throw, +7 (DC 24)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 24)
Vibro Blades: Strength-based Damage 3, +8 (DC 27)

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice: The Guyver has an organic, vaguely bug-like appearance. This can be disturbing to some
people.
Secret: The Guyver is actually an ancient Bio-Weapon system. Created when man was first walking
upright.
Secret: Host of an alien bio-weapon system, being hunted by a government agency that wants to control the Guyver.

LANGUAGES
(N) English

DEFENSE
Dodge 10, Parry 10, Fortitude 4/1, Toughness 10/9, Will 10

POWER POINTS
Abilities 20 + Powers 109 + Advantages 10 + Skills 7 (13 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 160

Here is a fully fleshed out Guyver character. It comes in at PL 10 with 160 PP. Not too shabby.

I built this character as a PC that I might want to play. The Guyver is a power-house and is hard to constrain to PL-10, even with a higher power point total. As with a lot of anime, the original characters are built without thought to power levels, so it is hard to squeeze them into one.

There are two thoughts that I have run into over the years...
1) Build the character as an apex design, at the max level available.
2) Build a character with an eye towards eventual development. Building the character with room to improve.
I tend to go for #2.

In this build, I have a 1.5 concept. I tried to build the Guyver with all it's abilities. The weapons that are known for the Guyver are all present, except the Sonic-Screen which comes from the mouth-piece of the suit. It can be used as either a force shield against physical attack or as a close-contact weapon, akin to a short-range banshee scream. I left the Sonic-Screen out of the build as something to build into the Guyver later.

There is a lot of fan-fic about the Guyver, especially on the Warrior Guyver board. There is a TON of material there and I highly recommend it. The Guyver is a living weapon and so it has the ability to "evolve" over time, making it possible for a character to change. Warrior Guyver introduces high-speed Guyvers, Psi-Guyvers and boosted Guyvers.... All possible evolution paths.

Then we have the Guyver Gigantics!! Basically, a Guyver suit for a Guyver.

Or if you want EXTREME POWER....

Guyver Gigantic Exceed... 50 m tall..

There is a large world for the Guyver.... and I found this picture...

Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

I found this and HAD to post it....

Oppa Guyver Style

Guyver II from an OVA.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Neat! Guyver's one of those things that's always sort of been around the periphery of the Western anime fandom- people KNOW about it, but I've met fairly few major fans. I don't even know the names of any of the characters- just the armor. Heck, I didn't even know it was about aliens!

You gonna stat up the other two Dark Warlords, or the Ronins' arch-nemesis?
Emerald_Flame300

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:44 am Neat! Guyver's one of those things that's always sort of been around the periphery of the Western anime fandom- people KNOW about it, but I've met fairly few major fans. I don't even know the names of any of the characters- just the armor. Heck, I didn't even know it was about aliens!

You gonna stat up the other two Dark Warlords, or the Ronins' arch-nemesis?
Huh... that's strange.. I posted alleesonbasd@gmail.com of the Dark Warlords. Guess they didn't save.

I'll have them up in a jiffy.
Emerald_Flame300

Dais and Sekhmet are now posted
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Cool! Though I don't see all the powers listed on their sheets (Illusion, Poison/Blindness, etc.).
Emerald_Flame300

Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 pm Cool! Though I don't see all the powers listed on their sheets (Illusion, Poison/Blindness, etc.).
In the series, the Illusion, Poison etc etc etc powers are more of a moniker and no so much an actual power.

SEKHMET, is the Dark Warlord of Venom and has poison dripping off of his blades, yet his finishing attack involves all six of his katanas forming a whip which slashes his opponents.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember there being another effect.

Dais used stealth and an indirect attack with his Web of Deception, but again, I don't specifically remember him turning invisible. If needed, a "villain point" could be used.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Man, I never thought I'd see Ronin Warriros builds! I used to love that show as and watched it whenever I could. Unfortunately, it used to air really close to when school got out, so how much I could watch was dependent on quickly the buses were running.

Very nice builds. I do remember Dais (who has an awesome look) using his illusions exactly once to play mind games with Kento.
Formerly luketheduke86
Emerald_Flame300

L-Space wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pm Man, I never thought I'd see Ronin Warriros builds! I used to love that show as and watched it whenever I could. Unfortunately, it used to air really close to when school got out, so how much I could watch was dependent on quickly the buses were running.
Glad I could oblige. Enjoy
L-Space wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pmVery nice builds. I do remember Dais (who has an awesome look) using his illusions exactly once to play mind games with Kento.
That is the sort of thing that can be generated by using a Hero/Villain Point. A one-off power use is a classic example of this.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Emerald_Flame300 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:05 pm
L-Space wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:54 pmVery nice builds. I do remember Dais (who has an awesome look) using his illusions exactly once to play mind games with Kento.
That is the sort of thing that can be generated by using a Hero/Villain Point. A one-off power use is a classic example of this.
Agreed, him and the rest of the Dark Warlords each displayed some ability or attack that was never seen again.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Emerald_Flame300 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 pm
Jabroniville wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:18 pm Cool! Though I don't see all the powers listed on their sheets (Illusion, Poison/Blindness, etc.).
In the series, the Illusion, Poison etc etc etc powers are more of a moniker and no so much an actual power.

SEKHMET, is the Dark Warlord of Venom and has poison dripping off of his blades, yet his finishing attack involves all six of his katanas forming a whip which slashes his opponents.
I could be wrong, but I don't remember there being another effect.

Dais used stealth and an indirect attack with his Web of Deception, but again, I don't specifically remember him turning invisible. If needed, a "villain point" could be used.
Ah, okay. I was reading descriptive stuff like "Sekhmet fights with six katanas, which exude a deadly poison that can also cause blindness." and was looking for it in the builds- so it's just flavor text or "Tell, don't Show" kind of stuff?
Emerald_Flame300

Years ago, when I was playing D&D (somewhere around v3.5) I was reading over material and I found an interesting supplement in a Spelljammer supplement. Alas, I was never able to play Spelljammer, even though really wanted to. Spelljammer was an interesting setting as it took the fantasy realm and thrust it into a space setting.

One of the interesting creatures that you could run into was a Bionoid. If you look at the description, it was a thinly veiled Guyver.

"Bionoids are chitinous, bipedal humanoid insects with a glowing circular gem in the center of their forehead. Though their appearance strikes fear in those who view them, their demeanor belies their looks. Bionoids were originally tailored to be shock troops in the Unhuman Wars"

It goes further....

"Bionoids are symbiotic creatures, one being a magical, organic essence, called the eye, the other being a host, generally an elf, half-elf, or human (the eye can only bond to a humanoid being, but can never bond to an orc). In "combat" form they are 10 ft. tall muscular creatures with iridescent exoskeletons, and hard claw-like blades protruding backwards from both forearms and the head. Their fingers and toes are clawed and slighty elongated. In humanoid form, bionoids are thin, well-muscled, and fairly tall. They are generally calm and contemplative. Although these creatures were instilled with an instinctive urge for combat without quarter, they are essentially good beings who constantly strive to control the powers of their implanted nature."

Hmmm...

Image Image

Admittedly, I always wanted to play a Bionoid Character. I have been a big fan of the Guyver since I first saw the anime and I saw this as a possible option. I couldn't get my GM to OK it though. He was a D&D purist and didn't like Spelljammer and REALLY didn't like the idea of a Bionoid.

Oh well....
Emerald_Flame300

GUYVER (Stephanie Wentz)

Image Image Image
Dexterity 7/1
Fighting 6/1
Intellect 3
Awareness 3
Presence 1

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, Benefit, Security Clearance 2: CIA Analyst, Close Attack, Connected, Contacts, Defensive
Roll, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 2, Evasion, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: ????, Improved Critical:
Hand-to-Hand, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack

SKILLS
Athletics 2 (+13/+10), Close Combat: ???? 2 (+8), Deception 2 (+3), Expertise: Politics 5 (+8), Insight 4
(+7), Investigation 3 (+6), Perception 4 (+7), Ranged Combat: ???? 2 (+9), Stealth 1 (+7), Technology 5
(+8), Vehicles 2 (+9)

POWERS

*Alien Combat Systems: Enhanced Trait 69 (alien, biological, technological), Fighting +5 (+6),
Acrobatics +3 (+10), Athletics +3 (+13), Dexterity +6 (+7), Agility +6 (+7), Strength +8 (+9), Stamina +1
(+1), Fortitude +3 (+4), Advantages: Agile Feint, Close Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion, Great Endurance,
Improved Critical, Improved Critical, Improved Initiative, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack)
* Alien Senses: Senses 9 (alien, biological, technological, Accurate: Vision, Danger Sense: Vision,

Bio-Weapon Systems
* Pressure Cannon: Damage 10 (DC 25; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 10; Activation: move
action)
* Mega Smasher: Line Area Damage 10 (DC 25; Line Area: 5 feet wide by 30 feet long, DC 20,
Extended Range 2, Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 10; Activation 2: standard action, Noticeable:

EQUIPMENT
Light Pistol

OFFENSE
Initiative +10
Grab, +7 (DC Spec 18)
IR Laser: Damage 8, +7 (DC 23)
Light Pistol, +7 (DC 18)
Throw, +7 (DC 23)
Unarmed, +7 (DC 23)
Vibro Blades: Strength-based Damage 4, +7 (DC 27)

COMPLICATIONS
Prejudice: The Guyver has an organic, vaguely bug-like appearance. This can be disturbing to some
people.
Secret: The Guyver is actually an ancient Bio-Weapon system. Created when man was first walking
upright.
Secret Identity: Guyver II is actually Stephanie Wentz. Stephanie is an CIA analyst who became the host
of the Guyver unit when it was activated.

LANGUAGES
(N) English

DEFENSE
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 5, Toughness 14/13, Will 8

POWER POINTS
Abilities 18 + Powers 104 + Advantages 7 + Skills 16 (32 ranks) + Defenses 5 = 150

* Here is a character that I built based on a picture. This is just a quick story idea.

Stephanie Wentz is a CIA Analyst. Her job is to look at pictures and intel and compile reports to give to her bosses, so that they can look good for their bosses. During her research, she found some interesting pictures of ancient formations in the mid-west. She continued to look at the pictures and became intrigued.
On her next vacation, she traveled to the area that she had seen. There she found an ancient temple and a strange artifact.... One that she would soon find out to be a Guyver Unit.
She returned to her work, keeping her secret.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Emerald_Flame300

GUYVER ZERO (The first one)

Dexterity 6/0
Fighting 5/0
Intellect 0
Awareness 4
Presence 1

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Animal Empathy, Close Attack, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll, Evasion,
Fearless, Great Endurance, Improved Critical: ????, Improved Critical: Hand-to-Hand, Improved Initiative,
Instant Up, Luck 3, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Tracking, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Athletics 5 (+18/+15), Expertise: Wilderness Survivial 6 (+6), Intimidation 2 (+3), Perception 3 (+7)

POWERS

Bio-Weapon Systems
action)

OFFENSE
Initiative +10
Grab, +6 (DC Spec 20)
IR Laser: Damage 8, +6 (DC 23)
Throw, +6 (DC 25)
Unarmed, +6 (DC 25)
Vibro Blades: Strength-based Damage 4, +6 (DC 29)

COMPLICATIONS
people.
upright.

LANGUAGES
Native Language

DEFENSE
Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 8, Toughness 14/13, Will 10

POWER POINTS
Abilities 14 + Powers 104 + Advantages 9 + Skills 8 (16 ranks) + Defenses 10 = 145

Guyver Zero is the 'mythical' character that is the FIRST Guyver activated on a human. According to mythos, the Earth was used as a testing ground. The creatures on the planet were manipulated and genetically engineered by the Creators, with the ultimate outcome of having the supreme bio-weapon. The Creators designed the Guyver units as an all-purpose environment suit for themselves. The Creators used the Guyver units to give themselves the power to control their newly created bio-weapons, dubbed Zoanoids. The Creators engineered their creations with a psychic link, allowing the Creators to dominate them.

At some point, the Creators decide to run an experiment and equipped the bio-booster armor onto a Cro-Magnon humanoid. The Creators did not know what the end result would be, but they got more than they expected. The process of interfacing the bio-booster armor with the Cro-Magnon, was that the Creators' psychic link was severed. The Creators lost control of the Bio-Boosted Cro-Magnon and he fought back. Due to the lack of control, the Creators called the bio-booster unit a GUYVER, which in their language translates to "Out of Control". The Creators were eventually able to disable Guyver 0 and remove it's armor.

The remaining units were placed into storage and no further "human activations" were made.
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald_Flame300

CYBLADE

Dexterity 9
Fighting 8
Intellect 3
Awareness 5
Presence 4

ADVANTAGES
Agile Feint, All-out Attack, Attractive 2, Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 2, Evasion 2, Improved Critical 4:
Psi-Blast: Damage 11, Improved Defense, Instant Up, Languages 1, Move-by Action, Uncanny Dodge

SKILLS
Acrobatics 6 (+15), Athletics 6 (+9), Close Combat: ???? 3 (+11), Deception 5 (+9), Expertise: Medical
Doctor 4 (+7), Intimidation 2 (+6), Perception 2 (+7), Persuasion 1 (+5), Stealth 2 (+11), Treatment 8
(+11), Vehicles 1 (+10)

POWERS
Psychic Energy Array
* Psi-Blast: Damage 11 (DC 26; Increased Range: ranged)
* Psi-Strike: Strength-based Damage 8 (DC 26; Multiattack, Penetrating 6, Precise, Reach (melee): 5
ft.)

OFFENSE
Initiative +9
Grab, +8 (DC Spec 13)
Psi-Blast: Damage 11, +9 (DC 26)
Psi-Strike: Strength-based Damage 8, +8 (DC 26)
Throw, +9 (DC 18)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 18)

COMPLICATIONS
Enemy: Cyberdata
Prejudice: Cybernetically enhanced mutant

LANGUAGES
(N) French, English

DEFENSE
Dodge 11, Parry 11, Fortitude 8, Toughness 5/3, Will 9

POWER POINTS
Abilities 88 + Powers 25 + Advantages 18 + Skills 20 (40 ranks) + Defenses 14 = 165

Dominique Thiebaut had been leading a double life. By day, she was an awkward teenager with amazing power that she could barely control being trained by the seemingly kind-hearted Cyberdata Corporation. By night, she was one of Cyberdata's best operatives.
Wielding psychic energy to create explosive blades of energy, she was a specialist in "wetwork" ranging from thieving to assassination. The corporation's Brain Box technology, implanted directly in her cerebral cortex, keeps the personalities separate, and her double life a secret from even herself. When she sustains an injury that destroys the Brain Box, the truth is revealed to her by her handler, Steven Rashell. Rashell is part of a resistance that's infiltrated Cyberdata and has been trying to free the other cybernetically enhanced mutants. Now, Dominique must decide her own destiny.

Origin

Dominique Thiebaut was born into a royal family who ruled a small fictional European kingdom called Chalenne. Her great-grandfather, Aubrey II, bore only one child, Marie, a female. With her father's blessing, Marie married a man named Jean-Michel Thiebaut who was a colonel in the kingdom's army and eventual Prime Minister. Marie and Jean-Michel bore two children, one who died at a young age and the other, Patrick, who would later become Dominique's father. Patrick was a man less morally sound than his parents and was obsessed with wealth and power. Out of political reasons he married a shy girl named Claire. Their first child was a son, Michel. Two years later, Marie bore a second child but died during the process. The baby was named Dominique Aurore Marie Thiebaut, a meta-human, who would later be known as Cyblade.

Typical of many royal children, Dominique was a spoiled child. Atypical of many children, she was a meta-human, or mutant. The first signs of Dominique's power manifested when she was attacked by armed gunmen at school. It is at this point a group known as Cyberdata secretly began scouting her. Seeking to help protect his child, Dominique's father hired Madame Jocelyn to teach her martial arts and gymnastics. Under her strict tutelage Dominique became an expert martial artist and gymnast who would settle for nothing short of perfection. Michel and eventually Patrick began to see the changes that took place in the once cheery Dominique, but not before it was too late. Shortly after Patrick dismissed Jocelyn, Dominique's father and brother would meet tragic ends - ends that Dominique believed she could have prevented. Unbeknownst to Dominique, their apparent deaths were orchestrated by Cyberdata, and a member of the corporation attended the joint funeral.

After the deaths of her family, Dominique decided to leave her homeland and traveled to the Middle East. There she simultaneously studied to become a doctor and participated as a freedom fighter. During a mission where she accompanied Madame Jocelyn she suddenly blacked out. When she came to she was informed that she had to have an emergency medical procedure that was provided by their employers, a company known as Cyberdata. In reality Cyberdata had performed cybernetic surgery on Dominique to enhance her mutant abilities and to secretly implanted a brain-box within her that would allow them to control her. She was assigned to become a Special Hazardous Operations Cyborg (SHOC). From this point on, Dominique became known as Cyblade.

While working for Cyberdata, Cyblade performed numerous missions for the group and eventually met two other members, Heatwave and Stryker. Both had discovered the atrocious crimes Cyberdata was committing and planned to leave the group and form their own. From them, Cyblade learned of the brain box within her head that allowed Cyberdata to control and manipulate her into committing villainous acts for the benefit of the company. She allowed the two to remove the box and joined with them to create Cyberforce.

Before leaving the company Cyblade would find her long thought dead brother Michel. She learned from Madame Jocelyn that Michel was also a mutant and was being conditioned to be a S.H.O.C. She also learned about her mentors role in the death of her father. Enraged, Dominique attacked Jocelyn only to find out that the woman was also a cyborg. The fight between the two triggered an explosion just as Michel was coming to and the explosion deformed the older Thiebaut. It was after this incident that Cyblade would oppose Cyberdata no matter the cost and join forces with Cyberforce.

Powers and Abilities

Cyblade is a meta-human born with the ability to create and manipulate electromagnetic energy. The energy manifests itself through her fingertips where it can then be used to perform functions limited only to Cyblade's imagination. Most commonly she creates 'blades' of energy from one, or both, hands which have been shown to cut through various objects and reach up to 5000°C. She can also psionically control the energy to travel from her to any point that she can see, however the energy dissipates the further it travels. Thus, if she fired at someone 25 feet away they would be hit with the equivalent of 25,000 megawatts of power. But, if that person was was 2,500 feet away they would only be hit with 500 megawatts. Cyblade also is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant, having been trained in Aikido and Jeet Kun Do as well as the use of a sword. Her training coupled with her mutant ability allow Cyblade to be a dangerous threat both in melee and at range. She has also demonstrated tactical ability and leadership skills during brief tenures as the leader of Cyberforce.

Personal Information

Height: 5'10" ft/in
Weight: 125 lbs
Eyes: Black
Hair: Purple
Citizenship: American
Marital Status: Single
Last edited by Emerald_Flame300 on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:44 am, edited 5 times in total.