Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Spider-Man 2099

Post by Jabroniville »

SPIDER-MAN 2099 (Miguel O'Hara)
Created By:
Peter David & Rick Leonardi
First Appearance: The Amazing Spider-Man #365 (Aug. 1992)
Role: Future Version of Modern Hero, Everyman Hero
Group Affiliations: Alchemax, The Exiles
PL 10 (210)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 7
FIGHTING 12 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Acrobatics 9 (+16)
Athletics 8 (+15)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+11)
Deception 5 (+7)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+14)
Expertise (Business) 3 (+9)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 2 (+4)
Investigation 2 (+5)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat (Webs) 2 (+12)
Technology 6 (+12)

Advantages: 
Agile Feint, Defensive Attack, Diehard, Evasion, Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Talons), Improved Defense, Improved Initiative, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 6, Seize Initiative, Takedown, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"The Proportionate Speed & Strength of a Spider"
Power-Lifting 1 (12 tons) [1]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Regeneration 1 [1]

"Spider-Senses" Senses 5 (Extended Vision 2, Extended Hearing, Darkvision 2) [5]

"Talons"
Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Penetrating 4) [5]
Movement 4 (Wall-Crawling 2, Sure-Footed 2) [4]

"Organic Webbing"
Snare 8 (Feats: Dynamic, Split) (26) -- [29]
  • Dynamic AE: Movement 2 (Swinging 2) (Feats: Dynamic) (5)
  • AE: "Paralyzing Bite" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Stunned/Paralyzed) (Extras: Cumulative) (16)
"Lyte Byte Back Glider & Unstable Molecules Costume" (Flaws: Removable) [9]
Flight 4 (30 mph) (Flaws: Gliding) (4)
Movement 1 (Slow Fall) (2)
Immunity 20 (Energy Damage) (Flaws: Limited to Three-Quarters Effect -1.5) (5)
-- (11 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +12 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Talons +12 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Snare +12 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Paraylyzing Bite +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Initiative +11

Defenses:
Dodge +13 (DC 23), Parry +12 (DC 22), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Motivation (Destroying Megacorps)- Having finally seen how evil all of the megacorporations ruling 2099 America were, Miguel is devoted to bringing them down- especially his old employers at Alchemax. Later, when Doom takes over America, he is put in charge of Alchemax, and seeks to change the system from within.
Relationship (Gabe- Brother)- Gabe has figured out Miguel's secret identity, and is a bit resentful of the attention his girlfriend gives the new super-hero. He later becomes the new Green Goblin.
Relationship (Mother)- Miguel has a complex relationship with his mother, who considered Miguel a disappointment, used to sleep with his arch-nemesis, and then tried to kill the man.
Relationship (Xina)- The two are on-and-off in their relationship.
Enemy (Tyler Stone)- A bad guy and major player at Alchemax, Stone got Miguel addicted to a super-drug, and is ALSO his birth father.
Enemy (Various Baddies)- Miguel has crossed 2099 versions of The Vulture, Venom and The Green Goblin, as well as a few others.
Relationship (Doom)- The monarch is a strong ally of Miguel's, leaving both him & his Spider-Man identity in charge of various things.
Disabled (Light-Sensitive)- Miguel's eyes are keyed to extreme darkness, not light- he must constantly wear tinted glasses to avoid being Visually Disabled or Unaware in daylight conditions.
Prejudice (Superhuman)- Miguel has red irises and small fangs in his teeth- the discovery of these could mark him as a superhuman.

Total: Abilities: 96 / Skills: 54--27 / Advantages: 18 / Powers: 58 / Defenses: 11 (210)

-On the 30th Anniversary of the debut of Peter Parker, we got a futuristic version, meant to act as the centrepiece for a line of "Marvel 2099" comic books (then 107 years in the future). Peter David was the main writer until #44, when he quit the book in solidarity with the suddenly-fired Editor, and two issues later, the book died- an attempted combination of ALL the 2099 books in World of Tomorrow failed after only eight issues, basically killing the line. Marvel 2099 was basically just a weird marketting gimmick meant to capitalize on some characters' success (we had a new Spidey, Hulk, Punisher, Doom & X-Men; plus Stan Lee writing Ravage 2099, an environmentalist work that was used by his detractors to "prove" that he was a hack all along, and that Kirby was more responsible for his success) and produce some NEW books featuring the established names. It strikes me as very The Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie Show-ish, like it came out of a Marketting Meeting because they wanted to squeeze MORE blood from the stone of these characters, without actually diluting the mainstream line. The only 2099 stuff I read was the pretty awful X-Men title they had going, but I've heard great things about Doom 2099. Oddly, despite David's name being attached, I don't think I've heard word one about Spider-Man 2099.

-Living in a world where corporations ruled America (different from modern times HOW?), the multiracial Miguel O'Hara (because in the future, why WOULDN'T there be a ton more multiracial people?) worked for the evil Alchemax corporation until he saw how morally corrupt its owner, Tyler Stone, was. When Stone got him addicted to a drug, O'Hara tried to rewrite his genetic code to cure himself of it, but ended up altering his genes to make him part-Spider thanks to some deception by a jealous colleague. You know- a simple origin story. He fights against Alchemax, interacts with his family and supporting cast (an ex-girlfriend is killed, his mother shoots his arch-nemesis/secret father, and his brother becomes the new Green Goblin), and eventually in the post-script of the 2099-verse, he gains Thor's Hammer and rules for a thousand years of enlightenment.

-In between this apparently, Miguel was cast into the modern timeline, as he is currently (in the Spidey book) trapped in 2013/14 Marvel. He joins the early incarnation of Alchemax (formed by some of Peter Parker's colleagues at his Think-Tank lab) as "Michael O'Mara". Oh, and a version also appeared on the Exiles team, helping them fight Proteus after he'd infected a future guy, then Hulk 2099- this whole mess created a parallel timeline (as Miguel obviously stuck around the 2099-verse afterwards, as this is pre-Doom's takeover... because TIME TRAVEL STORIES YAYYYYY...). Plus he's been put into various modern Spidey video games, making him by far the most-relevant of the 2099 characters.

-A skilled hero in his own right, Miguel fits in as a less-experienced version of Spider-Man with a few slightly-different powers (like his Extended Vision & Paralyzing Bite)- he makes PL 10 pretty handily, and can fight Spidey pretty easily in the inevitable crossover, but in my opinion he'd definitely lose- he just doesn't have the experience or the varied opponents that Pete got saddled with.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Tyler Stone

Post by Jabroniville »

TYLER STONE
Created By:
First Appearance: Spider-Man 2099 #1 (Sept. 1992)
Role: Generic Evil Businessman
Group Affiliations: Alchemax
PL 4 (72)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 2 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Deception 10 (+14)
Expertise (Business) 10 (+14)
Insight 5 (+9)
Investigation 2 (+6)
Perception 1 (+5)

Advantages: 
Benefit 5 (Wealth)

Offense:
Unarmed +2 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +4 (DC 14), Parry +4 (DC 14), Toughness +3, Fortitude +3, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Greed & Power)
Enemy (Miguel O'Hara)- Tyler is constantly fighting with Spider-Man 2099. He later reveals that he is Miguel's FATHER.

Total: Abilities: 48 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 0 / Defenses: 5 (72)

-As Mega-Corporations ruled the future of Marvel 2099, there had to be a "Lex Luthor" at the top of it all. Tyler Stone had his employee Miguel O'Hara addicted to drugs in order to control him, but Miguel fought off the addiction, gaining spider-powers in the process. He engages in various chicanery, his son grows into a serial killer (who is Punisher 2099's main villain) and then Venom 2099. Eventually, it turns out that Alchemax is ruled by a mysterious alien named Avatarr, which is killed by Doom. Eventually, it's revealed that Tyler is actually Miguel's FATHER, and he's crippled by Miguel after a fight. Eventually, he is killed by the general of an Atlantean army as the 2099-verse ends. Dan Slott later included Tyler's father as one of the characters working for Peter Parker, linking both Spideys together.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (The Fin! Marvel 2099- Spider-Man! Tyler Stone!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Man, y'know what I like about this forum's technical stuff, versus that of Ronin Army? You can edit posts and it just shows up in tiny little writing on a frame below your post. On RA, if you made any edits at all outside of one minute of posting, the damn thing has this HUGE blank space at the end of the post, followed by the "Edited by" information. It drove me NUTS how that would happen- it's visually distracting as hell.

PS I'm totally not OCD. Shut up.
Jabroniville

Brimstone Love

Post by Jabroniville »

BRIMSTONE LOVE
Created By:
John Francis Moore & Ron Lim
First Appearance: X-Men 2099 #3 (1993)
Role: Wannabe Mega-Villain, Sociopath
Group Affiliations: The Theatre of Pain
PL 10 (147)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Deception 2 (+5)
Expertise (Art) 6 (+8)
Intimidation 4 (+7)
Investigation 4 (+6)
Perception 4 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+7)

Advantages:
Equipment (Holographic Gear), Fascination (Persuasion), Fast Grab, Ranged Attack 5

Powers:
Magma Blast 10 (Extras: Secondary Effect 6) (26) -- [28]
  • AE: "Blinding Light" Dazzle Visuals 10 (Extras: Area- Visual Perception) (Flaws: Touch Range) (20)
  • AE: Environment 5 (Light 2) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Blinding Light +10 Area (+10 Affliction, DC 20)
Magma Blast +8 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude +8, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Turning Pain Into Art)
Enemy (The X-Men)

Total: Abilities: 74 / Skills: 56--28 / Advantages: 8 / Powers: 28 / Defenses: 9 (147)

-Brimstone Love is an antagonist in the X-Men 2099 book- he's an "artist" who means to explore turning pain and suffering into art. YUP, IT'S A NINETIES BOOK, ALRIGHT. He forces a woman named La Lunatica to hurt the X-Men, but she eventually frees herself from his control. Shockingly, their team leader Xi'an joins the Theatre of Pain, but reveals that he wants to CONTROL it, and the badly injured Brimstone teleports away after being injured in a fight.
-Brimstone is rather demonic-looking, and controls magma in various forms (bright lights?). He's PL 10 with that Dazzle, but PL 9 otherwise.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Ravage 2099

Post by Jabroniville »

RAVAGE 2099 (Paul-Phillip Ravage)
Created By:
Stan Lee & Paul Ryan
First Appearance: Ravage 2099 #1 (Dec. 1992)
Role: Environmentalist Hero
PL 9 (141)
STRENGTH
3/7 STAMINA 4/7 AGILITY 3/5
FIGHTING 11 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 4 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 5 (+12)
Deception 2 (+6)
Expertise (Business) 6 (+10)
Expertise (Survival) 6 (+10)
Insight 2 (+6)
Intimidation 2 (+6)
Investigation 3 (+7)
Perception 4 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+7)
Technology 2 (+6)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Hold, Move-By Action, Startle, Takedown

Powers: 
"Man-Beast Form"
Enhanced Strength 4 [8]
Enhanced Stamina 3 [6]
Enhanced Agility 2 [4]
"Healing Factor" Regeneration 4 [4]

Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Senses 3 (Low-Light Vision, Acute & Extended Scent) [3]
Comprehend 2 (Speak to & Understand Animals) [4]

Offense:
Unarmed +11 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Man-Beast Powers +11 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Initiative +3 (+5 Man-Beast)

Defenses:
Dodge +11 (DC 21), Parry +11 (DC 21), Toughness +7, Fortitude +8, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (Alchemax)- They tried to have him killed when he questioned their lethal methods.
Enemy (Deathstryk)- Deathstryk rules the savage Hellrock, and constantly tried to get back at Ravage for making it his homebase.

Total: Abilities: 76 / Skills: 36--18 / Advantages: 6 / Powers: 32 / Defenses: 9 (141)

-Among the more notorious aspects of Marvel 2099 was Ravage 2099, the final ongoing Marvel work of STAN LEE himself. It's a really curious thing- the only one of the 2099 books NOT to be focused on a successor-character, to have THIS be Stan's last original character for Marvel... the book's notoriety is pretty much because it was considered to be pretty bad, and "proof" that Stan was a poor creator on his own, and depended overly-much on the contributions of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko to create the 1960s Marvel Universe.

-Now, I've given my opinions on that before, but let's just say that there is a TON of evidence out there that all three guys were much weaker on their own, with Jack writing terrible dialogue and comics that didn't sell by the 1970s, Steve going crazy with his politics on his own, and Stan getting a bit too hokey and past his best-before-date as well. That's just how it goes.

-Ravage is named for Paul-Phillip Ravage, the CEO of a subsidiary of Alchemax (one of the "Big Bad" corporations of the setting), who is set up to be killed after questioning his own company's methods. It turns out that in the future, government anti-pollution agencies realized that ENDING polution would result in their jobs becoming unnecessary, and so they started actually PREVENTING the end of polluting. Ravage escapes, forming a ragtag band with his secretary and the younger brother of a man Alchemax had killed. He ended up being sent to the irradiated "Hellrock", where he was mutated into a strange, horned monster-man, and get in touch with his animalistic side. He is believed to have been killed by Doom immersing him in liquid adamantium and blasting him into space (for some reason).

-Stan would leave the book after only eight issues, but it'd last another twenty-five before cancellation. It's pretty much just an eyeblink to history, though- not mattering much to the other books.

-Ravage 2099 is just an animalistic guy (in the early stages of the book, he was just a scrappy, street-level fighter, coming off more like a Level 1 or 2 Rifts character than a superhero- he didn't even wear a mask!). Pretty basic stuff for that era, really. PL 9 and stuff, but he's pretty smart for the "type".
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greycrusader

Re: Jab's Builds! (Golden Agers- Torch! The Destroyers! Union Jack!)

Post by greycrusader »

Jabroniville wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:53 am OK, I altered the two Pretender Caps a bit, and added some new info to Miss Fury. I couldn't find squat about any "Magical Leopard Skin" mentioned in any of my sources, but ComicVine specifically says the original had no powers at all, and that powers were added to later versions. So I'm going with a powerless character. Toughness +4 and PL 7 will still do fine for her:

MISS FURY (Marla Drake, aka The Black Fury)- PL 7 (91)
Created By:
Tarpe Mills
First Appearance: Sunday Newspaper Strips (April 1941)
Stats: Agile Feint, Attractive, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Equipment 4 (Car, Clawed Gloves- Wall-Crawling, Handgun +4, Whip +0), Languages 1 (A Few) [9]
-Miss Fury wasn't really a Marvel character; they simply reprinted some of her appearances between 1942 & '46. She appears in the background of one issue of The Twelve as well. She's a wealthy socialite who fights crime in a skintight catsuit akin to what Catwoman would wear much later, and would have a love triangle between her ex-fiance and a Detective. Though popular, its status as a "Good Girl" book (the character wore skimpy outfits) was controversial, losing 37 newspapers as a result of a strip in which Marla appeared in a BIKINI (!!).

-Greycrusader seems to think she earns a ton of extra stuff and was particularly notable, which reminds me of that episode of Robot Chicken where that boy was obsessed with the vast and mighty "world of the Gobots", but here we go :): she's apparently wealthy and has some extra junk on her. He says she has powers so long as she has some "Magic Leopard Skin", but those apparently only got added to the character years later, in some other company.
HAH! No, I've never even read any reprints of the Golden Age Black Fury/Miss Fury material, but I've been a comics history geek ever since coming across Steranko's two History of Comics books in my small home town's library as a kid, and sort of sought out other such collections. The character never had much of a presence in comic books, but was a rarity in newspaper strips of the era, an unconventional "bad girl" heroine created by a female artist/writer (again SUPER-rare for the time). The strips apparently touched on some risque themes, such as prostitution and child abduction. But from what I could glean, the character was just as inconsistent as most such of the era-sometimes her costume granted mystic powers, sometimes not, she was either a straight-up hero or an criminal who stole from other, worse crooks, etc.

I do find it interesting how even thought the comics and characters themselves were far less sophisticated than those of even the Silver Age, the people behind those works were often just as talented and complex as today's creators, which can easily be forgotten at times. So I find pieces of trivia like the story about Ferro Lad (from the 1960s Legions of Super Heroes stories) to be pretty interesting-Jim Shooter (a hated figure to many, but more talented than given credit for, IMHO) intended the character to be the first black DC superhero-the reveal would be when he took off his gloves or tunic; but DC editorial nixed the idea, saying it would kill the book's sales in the South. Shooter was so offended he deliberately killed off the young hero instead, giving him a grand send-off.

BTW: I agree with Jab about how NONE of Marvel's early "trinity" of creators-Stan, Jack, or Steve Ditko-ever duplicated their collaborative efforts. Ditko's solo stuff is, quite frankly, awful-its just Objectivist diatribes presented in static comic panels, the sole exceptions being his Charlton stuff (excepting the Question), when it wasn't just the guy pushing his kooky philosophical perspective (even most other Rand fans consider Ditko kind of a nut). Kirby still was a one-man idea factory, but he had a lead touch when it came to dialogue or humanizing his larger-than-life concepts; still, I'd rate him the biggest stand along talent of the three. Stan...great guy and all that, and Marvel wouldn't have existed without him, but let's face it...NONE of his own characters were memorable at ALL-he certainly introduced the formula of the flawed or unconventional hero, and was great at imparting more naturalistic dialogue and human relationship melodrama, but as far as developing original characters, Stan Lee is kind of a hack by his lonesome. But as I stated, the whole comics industry owes him a MASSIVE debt, and I'll be genuinely sad when the man passes.

All my best
KorokoMystia

Re: Jab's Builds! (Marvel 2099- Spider-Man! Tyler Stone! Ravage!)

Post by KorokoMystia »

Wikipedia says that before Ravage 2099 was mutated into a man-beast, he had gained the power to fire Tiring energy blasts. In his original human form, he wielded a blaster, a "cog used as a shuriken", and a kevlar vest. But yeah, he's such a goof.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

Even though I've only read a couple of the 2099 line I was extremely enamored of the idea. Unfortunately a combination of being to young to drive and living in a small town (pop.~700) meant the only way I could really get new comics was as gifts from my uncles.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

Halloween Jack

Post by Jabroniville »

HALLOWEEN JACK (Jordan Boone)
Created By:
First Appearance: Spider-Man 2099 #11 (Sept. 1993)
Role: Recurring Villain
PL 9 (146)
STRENGTH
2 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 4 (+6)
Expertise (Science) 6 (+12)
Perception 4 (+6)
Technology 6 (+12)

Advantages: 
Fast Grab

Powers: 
"Cellular Control"
Morph 4 (Any Shape or Form) (Features: Precise Down to the DNA) [21]
Shapeshift 5 [40]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +3, Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Spreading Chaos)
Relationship (Meanstreak)- The two are old friends.
Addiction (Attention)- Halloween Jack demands the spotlight.

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 22--11 / Advantages: 1 / Powers: 61 / Defenses: 13 (146)

-Halloween Jack (man, what kind of an ABSOLUTE DOUCHE would call himself that, right?) was an Alchemax scientist who comandeered the "Aesir" program, meant to give people the powers of Norse Gods. He ended up going a little crazy after taking the powers of Loki (he was caught cheating a casino, and under electroshock torture his "programming" broke), and took on a supervillainous persona. He was killed during one of the big events in the 2099-verse, but popped up in X-Force, having transported through time.

-A brilliant technical guy, Halloween Jack is also an extremely capable Shapeshifter.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

....the best DAMN douche in town!

But seriously, I did get my name from this character....albeit never actually reading a comic with him in it. Saw it in one of the solicits in the Marvel Books at the time. You know the monthly checklist thing. I thought the name had some punch to it, and since I love Halloween (both the time of year and the movie) it just sort of stuck in my head.

When I was a senior in high school and logged into this website called WizardWorld for the first time, I chose that as my name....as it has been ever since.
KorokoMystia

Post by KorokoMystia »

Speaking of characters named Jack..Apparently Captain America battled Jack The Ripper once, who in addition to being the famous serial killer, was also some kind of parasitic creature that is released from the host upon death, and turns their new hosts into the Ripper. At least, that's what his Handbook entry says. Comics are so weird..That's why I love them, of course.
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm Speaking of characters named Jack..Apparently Captain America battled Jack The Ripper once, who in addition to being the famous serial killer, was also some kind of parasitic creature that is released from the host upon death, and turns their new hosts into the Ripper. At least, that's what his Handbook entry says. Comics are so weird..That's why I love them, of course.
yeah I really like that one.

It inspired my own personal head canon for My Little Universe (if I could ever get to writing it) which would have that parasitic entity be Redjak from Star Trek and that it possessed a different person for each of the Ripper killings, rectifying things like Trek, Babylon 5, Time After Time, From Hell, and Hands of the Ripper.
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

HalloweenJack wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:34 pm
KorokoMystia wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:13 pm Speaking of characters named Jack..Apparently Captain America battled Jack The Ripper once, who in addition to being the famous serial killer, was also some kind of parasitic creature that is released from the host upon death, and turns their new hosts into the Ripper. At least, that's what his Handbook entry says. Comics are so weird..That's why I love them, of course.
yeah I really like that one.

It inspired my own personal head canon for My Little Universe (if I could ever get to writing it) which would have that parasitic entity be Redjak from Star Trek and that it possessed a different person for each of the Ripper killings, rectifying things like Trek, Babylon 5, Time After Time, From Hell, and Hands of the Ripper.
There was an Outer Limit episode where a doctor (Cary Elwes) is hunting down an alien parasite that kills it's female hosts when it's done feeding. In classic Twilight Zone/Outer Limit style the doctor of course gets blamed for being "the Ripper."
Formerly luketheduke86
HalloweenJack

Post by HalloweenJack »

ya know i may have seen that at some point. vaguely familar
Jabroniville

Ghost Rider 2099

Post by Jabroniville »

GHOST RIDER 2099 (Kenshiro "Zero" Cochrane)
Created By:
Len Kaminski & Chris Bachalo
First Appearance: Ghost Rider 2099 #1 (1994)
Role: Legacy Character
Group Affiliations: None
PL 9 (182)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA -- AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 9 DEXTERITY 4
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 2 PRESENCE 2

Skills:
Deception 3 (+5)
Expertise (Computers) 10 (+14)
Insight 2 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+8)
Perception 2 (+4)
Stealth 3 (+6)
Technology 4 (+8)

Advantages: 
Equipment 3 (Motorcycle- Ford Velociraptor 900 w/ Thrusters & Antigravity Propulsion), Ranged Attack 4, Startle, Ultimate Computers

Powers: 
"Cybertek 101 Robot"
Immunity 30 (Fortitude Effects) [30]
Protection 8 [8]
"Self-Repair" Regeneration 4 [4]
"Net Denizen" Communication 3 (Computers) [12]

"Solidgram Camouflage System" Morph 3 (Any Person) (15) -- [16]
AE: "Stealth Systems" Concealment 5 (All Senses) (10)

"Transforming Hands"
"Right Hand- Blasting Chainsaw"
Blast 8 (Extras: Multiattack) (24) -- [26]
  • AE: Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Multiattack 10) (12)
  • AE: "Left Hand- Polymimetic Nanomer Alloy Claw" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (10)
Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Chainsaw/Claw +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Blasters +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +8, Fortitude --, Will +5

Complications:
Enemy (The D/Monix Corporation)- They had him killed after he stole information from them.
Power Loss (Recharging)- Ghost Rider needs to recharge fairly regularly, especially after combat drains his power reserves. This is a major plot point several times, until he gains a "Mr. Fusion" power generator in the final issues.

Total: Abilities: 52 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 96 / Defenses: 10 (182)

-Marvel 2099 debuting in 1993, it was perhaps inevitable that it would be heavily inspired by what was popular in the Iron Age. And so one of the first expansions of the line came to include a legacy for GHOST RIDER, who was one of Marvel's biggest stars of the era, believe it or not. Marvel's continued inability to make the concept succeed to that level before or after the early '90s period (he had an eleven-year run from 1972, though) makes it rather odd, when guys like the The Punisher & Wolverine have found success far beyond it- fads are a bitch.

-Ghost Rider 2099 comes like something out of Ghost in the Shell- a cyberpunk story with a main character of Japanese descent. Ghost in the Shell came out in 1989, and became pretty popular in the west after the anime came out, and like that, this story involved dying characters being placed into cybernetic bodies. Kenshiro Cochrane was a hacker who was killed for stealing information from the D/Monix corporation- he downloaded his mind into cyberspace, and is allowed to re-enter the physical world by a hidden artificial intelligence called "Ghostworks"- his "mind" is downloaded into a robotic body, which takes the name from a 20th century superhero he resembles- Ghost Rider. His book ran for twenty-four issues, of which I know nothing, and his ending is left ambiguous- the book featuring him (World of Tomorrow) was cancelled just when it showed his inert body.

-GR 2099 is basically a Robot-type character, but packs specialized hand-weapons (a Blaster, a Claw and a Chainsaw), a futuristic motorcycle, and specialized stealth, communication & morphing techniques. This adds up to make him a very expensive character for a PL 9.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.