Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Updates, Captain Marvel)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Bill from Accounting

Builds from Accounting (Infinity War - Updates, Captain Marvel)

Post by Bill from Accounting »

[Redacted]
Last edited by Bill from Accounting on Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:14 am, edited 30 times in total.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (DC Trinity PCs)

After starting with Batman and Superman, we finish the DC Trinity with Wonder Woman PC.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (DC Trinity, Captain America)

Moving away from DC for now to do Marvel's Trinity, starting with Captain America.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

I really like your work with these. Especially the truly clean PDF's you've made.
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Bill from Accounting

Skaramine wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:22 pm I really like your work with these. Especially the truly clean PDF's you've made.
Thank you very much!

Also, Spider-Man and Iron Man are now ready for Homecoming and have been added.
RUSCHE

Re: Builds from Accounting (Captain America, Iron Man, Spider-Man)

Post by RUSCHE »

Enjoying your builds and format, are you going to do the Hulk,Captain Marvel/Shaman? Cannot wait to see what is next.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Superhuman snark? Yeah. (I'd have made it at least 10).
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Emerald_Flame300

Post by Emerald_Flame300 »

I really like the layout for the characters. Clean and professional looking.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I can't see Complications?
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Marvel Trinity, Spider-Man)

@ RUSCHIE: Yes, I do plan on doing those two in the future. Right now though I'm thinking of first finishing up the Justice League with Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and Martian Manhunter.

@ StarGuard: Unfortunately I've decided to focus on fitting the characters into playable format at this time. I may go back and add complications later, but for now I figure if people wanted to play as these characters and use these builds, they probably don't need me to give complications.

Also, Thor has been added.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

Very nice, Bill. Love the formatting and you've done a good job of capturing the feel of the characters in PC points.

And thanks for the props. 8-)
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Ooh, neat! Very clean and tidy-looking builds. Cap's strength seems SUPER-high, though. I like the quirky Spider-Man powers, like his Stationery Objects, Snark and the boosted Perception.
Bill from Accounting

Jabroniville wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:19 am Ooh, neat! Very clean and tidy-looking builds. Cap's strength seems SUPER-high, though. I like the quirky Spider-Man powers, like his Stationery Objects, Snark and the boosted Perception.
Thank you, and you're probably right about Captain America's strength. I may drop it down to 5 for his PL 12 build; 6 is closer to Ultimate Cap than 616 Cap.
Bill from Accounting

Re: Builds from Accounting (Marvel Trinity, Spider-Man, Flash)

So I was thinking of a different and cheaper way to do Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth, and was wondering if anyone had any input on this.

Right now, the way the effect is written with Move Object, anyone could pick up (or disarm) the Lasso and use it to move a very large amount. I don't feel this is appropriate. Move Object is good for effects like telekinesis or a Green Lantern ring that are independent of one's physical strength, but for something like a lasso, you can't suddenly move more than your strength allows. So how about this:

Lasso of Truth: Easily Removable (-6 points) • 11 points
Lasso Part: Enhanced Trait 2 (Improved Grab, Improved Trip), Feature 20 (Reach 20 on Strength (100 feet), Limited to No Damage) • 12 points
Truth Part: Affliction 15 (Resisted and Overcome by Will; Compelled; Limited to Second Degree, Limited to Telling the Truth Only, Instant Recovery, Grab-based, Sustained Duration) • 5 points

Like a whip, the Lasso grants Improved Grab and Improved Trip. I go with a lot of ranks in Reach because something like Elongation would quickly break caps due to the grab bonuses. When Wonder Woman successfully snares someone with the Lasso, the Truth effect automatically activates, and ends as soon as the person is free. Thoughts on this?

Also, Flash has been added.
Jabroniville

Re: Builds from Accounting (Marvel Trinity, Spider-Man, Flash)

Post by Jabroniville »

Not a bad idea- you could also just have it be "Ranged Effect on Strength" (since Move Object is just "Move stuff at range", twice as much as Power-Lifting, which is just "Move Stuff"), which would probably be even cheaper, especially with those limits. That way still means that a regular person couldn't just pick up the Lasso and use it at a high level.

I also use the "Tether" Feat/Extra from Snare (okay, that's not in 3e, but the 2e Feat is just as good), which is typically how the effect works anyways.