The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Cyber-Samurai, Lady of the Eternal Winter)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Dino Crew! Gryphon! Emerald Witch!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm So... a character in fiction that has enough characterisation that at least one-person on the internet thinks they are hugely put-upon. Okay.
Welcome to TVTropes- where everything can be fit in as an example :).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm I'm dead on enamored of Gretsa. First the art, and then her background story. What a woobie.
Aw, thanks! I'm glad she resonates with someone. I was just trying to go "now, why is this chick so hostile? Just a green-skin thing?"

Though Elphaba manages sympathy-grabs all on her own. "I'm Not That Girl" or "The Wizard And I" alone...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Ken wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:28 pm So... a character in fiction that has enough characterisation that at least one-person on the internet thinks they are hugely put-upon. Okay.
Theres characterization then theres OMFG What did "insert character here" ever do to the writers to deserve this??

Miles Obrien on DS9 comes to mind, the poor guy was put through hell by the writers. Not to mention he nearly spawned his own TV trope known as Miles Obrien must suffer.

Long story short, some times writers spice a character up with a little drama or loss which is fine, sometimes they take the spice rack and dunk it a few times into the pot before stirring it with the S**T spoon.

The ones that get to lick the spoon in the end are the Woobies.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Jabroniville wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:18 pm
Skaramine wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:57 pm I'm dead on enamored of Gretsa. First the art, and then her background story. What a woobie.
Aw, thanks! I'm glad she resonates with someone. I was just trying to go "now, why is this chick so hostile? Just a green-skin thing?"

Though Elphaba manages sympathy-grabs all on her own. "I'm Not That Girl" or "The Wizard And I" alone...
No surprise, I crushed hard on Elphaba AND Idrina Menzel too. :)
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Thorpocalypse

Post by Thorpocalypse »

catsi563 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 pmWoobie?

The Woobie
Kids today...

Initially, The Woobie was the security blanket of the youngest kid of Michael Keaton's character in Mr. Mom that he gave a great dad speech to get the kid to give it up. The kid, by the way, was played by Taliesin Jaffe, longtime voice actor and of Critical Role fame.
Me fail English? That's unpossible. - Ralph Wiggum
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thorpocalypse wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 2:03 pm
catsi563 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:50 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:43 pmWoobie?

The Woobie
Kids today...

Initially, The Woobie was the security blanket of the youngest kid of Michael Keaton's character in Mr. Mom that he gave a great dad speech to get the kid to give it up. The kid, by the way, was played by Taliesin Jaffe, longtime voice actor and of Critical Role fame.
Kids? I'm old.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
Jabroniville

Ice Princess

Post by Jabroniville »

ICE PRINCESS (Melody Hawkins)
Hgt:
5'6" Wgt: 120 lbs.
Role: Teen Hero, Annoying Teenage Girl, Glass Cannon
PL 9 (156)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 2 AGILITY 4
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 3
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 2 (+6)
Athletics 6 (+7)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Expertise (Pop Culture) 5 (+5)
Perception 3 (+3)
Persuasion 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Ice) 4 (+9)
Stealth 1 (+5)

Advantages:
Evasion, Improved Critical (Ice Attacks), Improved Trip, Ranged Attack 2, Set-Up 2, Taunt, Teamwork

Powers:
"The Cold Never Bothered Me, Anyway"
Immunity 1 (Cold) [1]
Movement 1 (Environmental Adaptation- Cold & Winter) [2]

"Icy Grip" Movement 1 (Sure-Footed) (Flaws: Limited to Ice) [1]
"Icy Ladder" Movement 2 (Water-Walking, Wall-Crawling) [4]
"Ice Slide" Movement 1 (Safe Fall) [2]
"Detect The Frozen Heart" Senses 2 (Detect Ice Powers & Creatures- Ranged) [2]

"Ice Deflection"
Enhanced Defenses 2 [4]
Enhanced Advantages 2: Defensive Roll 2 [2]

"Ice Stream" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (37) -- [65]
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Wave" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cone +1/2, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (32.5)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Storm" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Distracting) (28)
  • Dynamic AE: "Winter Storm" Environment 4 (Cold 2, Impede Movement 2, Visibility 1) (Feats: Dynamic) (21)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Slick" Affliction 9 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Shapeable +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to Grounded Targets) (19)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Patch" Affliction 9 (Athletics; Hindered & Vulnerable/Prone & Defenseless) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Area- 60ft. Burst +2, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Limited to Grounded Targets) (19)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Column" Blast 9 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Cylinder) (Feats: Dynamic) (28)
  • Dynamic AE: "Icicle Barrage" Blast 7 (Feats: Accurate, Dynamic) (Extras: Multiattack) (23)
  • Dynamic AE: "Frozen Spike" Blast 9 (Feats: Dynamic) (19)
  • Dynamic AE: "Deep Freeze" Affliction 9 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Immobile & Defenseless/Paralyzed) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Extra Condition) (37)
  • Dynamic AE: "Mistress of Ice" Create 9 (Feats: Innate, Dynamic) (Extras: Continuous) (29)
  • Dynamic AE: "Ice Sculpting" Move Object 9 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Perception Range) (Flaws: Limited to Ice & Snow) (19)
  • Dynamic AE: "Brittle-ize" Weaken Toughness 7 (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects Only +0) (15)
  • Dynamic AE: "Freezing Water" Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired Attacks/Disabled Attacks/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Reaction +3, Cumulative) (31)
  • Dynamic AE: "Icy Fists & Feet" Strength-Damage +2 Linked to Affliction 6 (Fort; Impaired Attacks/Disabled Attacks/Incapacitated) (Feats: Dynamic) (Extras: Cumulative) (15)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Icy Fists & Feet +8 (+3 Damage & +6 Affliction, DC 18 & 16)
Icy Area Snares & Slicks +9 (+9 Affliction, DC 19)
Ice Column +9 Area (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Icicle Barrage +11 (+7 Ranged Damage, DC 22)
Frozen Spike +9 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Brittle-ize +9 (+7 Ranged Affliction, DC 17)
Initiative +4

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (+10 Deflection, DC 20), Parry +8 (+10 Deflection, DC 20), Toughness +2 (+4 Deflection), Fortitude +4, Will +5

Complications:
Relationship (Josh)- Josh is a non-threateningly beautiful, friendly boy, and the target of obsession for many girls. In Melody's mind, they're married. Truth be told, he's a bit bland.
Rivalry (Contessa)- For some reason, Contessa is both tremendously-popular, and a gigantic giga-bitch. Other girls are nice to her because they're afraid of her.
Relationship (Farrah)- Melody's best friend is a friendly sort, but prone to exaggerations, drama and making a spectacle of herself. Both she & Melody used to be unpopular, gawky dorks, but Farrah has kind of stayed that way.
Relationship (Parents)- Melody's adotive parents are a plain, ordinary couple right out of a Disney TV show. Melody is usually just very tired of them, and wants to ignore them and do her own thing.
Rivalry (Contessa)- For some reason, Contessa is both tremendously-popular, and a gigantic giga-bitch. Other girls are nice to her because they're afraid of her.
---
Relationship (Raegon)- Melody eventually grows very close to her teammate- the dragon Raegon.
Relationship (Mega-Woman)- Melody worships Mega-Woman as the "coolest hero EVER!" and can both get a bit aggressive in her hero-worship, and do stupid things when trying to impress her hero.
Responsibility (Teen)- Melody is emotional, immature and has poor judgement and impulse control.

Total: Abilities: 40 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 83 / Defenses: 12 (156)

Origin: Melody was your everyday average teenage schoolgirl, dealing with the average teenage bullcrap: Nerdy admirers, bitchy peers, unknowable handsome boys, mean teachers and more. Then she discovered she was actually born in a faraway Otherdimensional land called Aramar and now had Ice Powers- that kind of changed things. Turns out, Melody (who knew she was adopted from a young age- though her parents told her it was a young college student who couldn't raise a baby by herself) was the daughter of The Lady of the Eternal Winter- the queen of an elemental kingdom. A magical helper (a cute, fuzzy animal that somehow also talked- and was pretty damn sarcastic about it, too) arrived on her doorstep one morning and spilled the beans. Oh- and also a number of enemies of her mother's- magical creatures and wizards and assorted other weirdness- were also heading for her to try and off the Ice Princess.

-Melody would learn the truth slowly as time went on- her mother was incredibly powerful, but was under attack from several of the other Sorceror Kings. She froze herself and most of her Kingdom in order to protect them from their many enemies, and exiled her infant daughter for the same reason. A great thaw would soon come, and her mother's enemies would continue their attacks. Melody, as the Ice Princess, was both the heir to the throne (and her mother's power), plus now had a mystical gem that couldn't fall into enemy hands. A never-ending series of foes would now come for both the girl, and her gem.

-The Legion soon found out about the girl's predicament, and became focused on protecting her and the world from this threat. This, unfortunately, meant including her on the team, and training her in combat, which meant the occasionally-annoying teenage girl was now a permanent part of their squad. As Melody could be over-inquisitive, crabby, whiny or chatty, this was often not a good fit. However, she worshiped Mega-Woman as an idol, and grew attached to Raegon the Dragon.

Jab's Notes: Ice Princess actually started out as "Shiver", a member of my Teen Titans-like team. I was adding members to my Justice League-ish team, and figured they could use an "upgraded teen hero" who had moved up to the big leagues- I then came up with a big history for the character, and her relationships with both squads (she was hooked up with rookie hero Diffusor, for example). However, I randomly shifted her a few years back into a different character- one based more off of "Sailor Moon" and anime principles, using more powder & ice-blues than sparkles (the original design was more like the late Kole of the Titans). The costume finally came to me while bored one day during Union Steward training, though I eventually shifted the physical diamond-snowflake look into part of the tights, since I realized that the projection wouldn't work on a character who had breasts.

-I then modified the character further, making her more immature, dropping the Titans link, and palling her up with the team's Dragon- a reference to another Teen Character I'd created who was pals with Raegon. That one, Velvet Rose, was a pretty generic Kitty Pryde knock-off who was a staff-fighter- not exactly the stuff of legends. I then came up with Ice Princess's backstory- a modification of Sailor Moon's (long-lost Princess and all that), complete with a weird otherdimensional culture that I built up like each one was a race in "Warhammer Fantasy". And yes, the character predates Elsa in "Frozen" by a few years. Her mother, however, is more directly inspired by that film (and early reports of what the plot would be- a snow queen who froze her kingdom out of loneliness and being broken-hearted).
Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Gryphon! Emerald Witch! Ice Princess!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Melody's School:
(Jab's Notes: I ended up having more fun creating the schoolkids than much of her backstory. It's basically a play on all the standard "High School" Tropes, essentially screwing with them or pointing out the quirks or REAL nature of people like that. I could totally make a show that's JUST THIS, and ignore the superhero stuff- that stuff's just a bonus. SO MUCH of this is based off of my own High School experience. I also came up with a "hidden" running gag with their names- see if you can spot it :)).

Farrah Detzweiller- Melody's best friend, a quirky, weird, boy-crazy girl who generally does the most-insane stuff to make Melody look more normal. Looks like "The Before Picture", but isn't entirely unattractive.
Josh Blantford- A pretty boy, usually seen smiling or being friendly. HUGE mop of hair (like in all those shows targeted at teen girls). Few outstanding character traits. Melody & Farrah are in love with him, as are many girls in their class.
Contessa Majors- The Alpha Bitch of the school. Melody earns her eternal enmity by actually calling her out in public and openly-questioning the other students as to why someone who is THIS MUCH OF A BITCH is actually popular with anyone- it costs Contessa some popularity in the short-term. She's hot enough to still get male attention, though.
Harris Chassey- A vicious, mean-spirited kid who hangs around with some cooler jocks, but often picks on and assaults other kids. He is publically-humiliated by one of the dorks in a change-room brawl, and even the jocks make fun of him (and threaten one of his friends for trying to intercede).
Ed Barasso- A fat weird guy, somewhat popular amongst the nerdy kids because he's pretty humorous, but picked on by the "cooler" ones. A bit of a pervert, but actually super-religious.
Corey Ballot- A nerd with a crush on Melody. Not like the TV Nerds like Urkel, who are outgoing, hyper-confident and always hitting on the main girl, but an awkward, introverted type who is nonetheless still TOTALLY obvious in his crush, but thinks he's being clever and secretive about it. Tries to "be her friend", but actually angling for a relationship. Tends to be overly-loud or lecturey about things (Jab's Notes: WAY MORE ACCURATE to actual nerd behavior, without all the obvious outgoing Urkelish traits).
Betta Holzschaft- The reigning "Soapbox Sadie", always lecturing others for "Slut Shaming", "being Heteronormative", or enjoying "____ Privilege". Generally very annoying, but good for rabble-rousing and getting the whole student population into protesting something.
The Under The Stairs People- Many of the nerds, Goths and other unpopular kids hang out beneath the stairs near the food court, and are seemingly-always there.
Jabroniville

Titanica

Post by Jabroniville »

ImageImage

Mine and BSDigitalQ's versions of the costume. He based his off of the description I have him, when I lost my original sheet and was working off of memory. I figure it's a solid "Secondary Costume", too. Thanks to BSDQ for that :)!

Also, witness the part where I said "f*ck it" when working on the possible "Greek Designs" on Titanica's outfit.

TITANICA (Amy Adler)
Hgt:
5'2" (Variable) Wgt: 120 lbs. (Variable)
Role: Mousy Girl, Giantess
PL 12 (187)
STRENGTH
2/16 STAMINA 3/17 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 8 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+10)
Deception 3 (+6, +8 Attractive)
Expertise (Anthropologist) 7 (+11)
Intimidation 2 (+5, +13 Size)
Perception 2 (+5)
Stealth 2 (+4, -13 Full Size)

Advantages:
Attractive, Daze (Intimidation), Diehard, Fast Grab, Fearless, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Trip, Interpose, Power Attack, Ranged Attack 2, Startle, Takedown 2, Teamwork, Withstand Damage (Trade Defense For Toughness)

Powers:
"Titaness"
Growth 14 (Str & Sta +14, +12 Mass, +10 Intimidation, -2 Fighting, -4 Dodge, -14 Stealth, Elongation 3, Speed 4, No Indoors -2, Too Much Weight -2) -- (100 feet) [56]

"Common Other Sizes"
Growth 5 (Str & Sta +5, +5 Mass, +4 Intimidation, -0 Fighting, -1 Dodge, -5 Stealth, Reach 2, Speed 1, No Indoors -1) -- (20 feet)
Growth 10 (Str & Sta +10, +9 Mass, +8 Intimidation, -1 Fighting, -2 Dodge, -10 Stealth, Elongation 1, Speed 4, No Indoors -2, Too Much Weight -1) -- (50 feet)

"Seven-League Strides" Speed +3 (60 mph) [3]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
"Huge Mass" Protection 1 [1]
"Giant-Sized Fists & Feet" Damage 12 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Quirks: Limited to Largest Sizes -2) [22]

"Titanian Powers"
Regeneration 10 (Flaws: Source- Titanian Powers) [5]

Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+2 Damage, DC 17)
20 Feet Tall +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
50 Feet Tall +9 (+12 Damage, DC 27)
100 Feet Tall +8 (+16 Damage, DC 31)
Giant-Sized Fists & Feet +12 Area (+12 Damage, DC 27)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +4, Fortitude +5, Will +7
"20 Feet Tall" Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +7, Fortitude +10, Will +7
"50 Feet Tall" Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +9 (DC 19), Toughness +13, Fortitude +15, Will +7
"100 Feet Tall" Dodge +6 (DC 16), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +17, Fortitude +17, Will +7

Complications:
Accident- At full size, Titanica can cause tremendous damage simply by walking around. Turning on a dime, stepping particularly hard, or not paying attention to what's around her can be frought with peril for those nearby.
Growth Quirks: Smaller creatures are allowed bonuses to their Stealth against huge creatures.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 18--9 / Advantages: 17 / Powers: 90 / Defenses: 17 (187)

Origin: Amy Adler was a youth student in the Anthropology department at New York University, going on a class trip to Greece, when she and her classmates came across a battle between Athena and several of the Cthonic Titans, beings of great size and might. During the fight, the students were all trapped by rubble, and as Athena tried to rescue them, she was assaulted by Crius and Hyperion, Titans of the Moon & Sun, respectively. As the two Titans struck at Athena, she used her Aegis shield to absorb their energies, and slashed the two of them with it, but was disarmed. The shield struck Amy on the head, causing a gaping head wound. As her blood mixed with those of the Titans and the energy-charged Aegis, a startling transformation overtook the bookish young woman, and she suddenly grew to a height of over seventy feet. With her newfound power, she lashed out at her attackers in panicked fear, injuring them enough for Athena to recover and strike them down with her Spear, chasing them off.

-As a result of this occurence, Amy was permanently altered. Though Athena attempted to sieve the energies off using the Aegis, the mix of Titanian and human blood proved impossible to revert, and Amy was stuck at a height of twelve feet. Her classmates returned to NYU, suspecting her dead or missing as a result of the attack, covering her disappearanace as she tried to accept this transformation. Athena and the Legion of Light tried to help her deal by allowing her to become a sidekick to Athena, but she was inconsolable until she was sent to the Planet of the Giants, where all the people were twelve feet tall naturally. Unfortunately, her body then reverted to it's natural state, and she was kidnapped and kept as a pet by the rulers of the planet. Athena subsequently rescued her and brought her to Earth, where she felt her life would return to normal.

-Shortly after returning to her classmates and informing them that she had been in a coma the entire time, Amy was kidnapped again, this time by the Titans who had given her growth powers in the first place. Kronus, their leader, explained that part of their power was permanently left in her, and they wished it back, so they could be at full strength. Engaging in a complex ritual designed to both remove her inner power, and enhance theirs, the Titans were nonetheless attacked by the Legion of Light, who engaged them in battle. During the struggle, Hyperion let loose a full solar blast, incinerating Amy's body, to the horror of the Legion. However, rather than being vaporized, Amy's body rose from the ashes, having mingled this power with the inner power she had kept. She then unconsciously activated an ability drawn from the ritual, and her body sucked in a great deal of energy from the Titans, thus allowing her the ability to grow again. She used these powers to help the Legion chase off the Titans, and, upon discovering that she could control these changes in size now, accepted the invitation to join the team.

-As Amazon, Amy both pursued her Anthropology career, and fought as a Legion member, engaging in several missions with the team. She was noted as being a major powerhouse, yet would often be struck first by visiting super-villains, rather than the elites of the team like Meta-Woman or Athena. She was targeted by the Titans from time to time, in order to gain back their powers, but it was discovered that this was now impossible, and they instead became implacable foes of hers, as she was driven into conflict with them on solo adventures as well as when she was with the Legion.

Jab's Notes: ... I have a Giantess Fetish. Not really much else to say.

-Okay, so I worked on creating a real character and origin story. AND threw my Librarian Fetish into things to get the best of both worlds :). Titanica is thus related to the actual Titans of mythology, tying her into the overall world, and giving her a Rogues Gallery.

Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scc

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Emerald Witch! Ice Princess! Titanica!)

Post by scc »

About time a giantess showed up in this universe! You are way behind Gamebook's. ;)
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

scc wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 6:47 pm About time a giantess showed up in this universe! You are way behind Gamebook's. ;)
You should check my DeviantArt gallery. Some of the shit I can't show on here is up there :).
scc

Post by scc »

I didn't know you had one. Will have to check it out.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

Jabroniville wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 pm
scc wrote: Thu May 04, 2017 6:47 pm About time a giantess showed up in this universe! You are way behind Gamebook's. ;)
You should check my DeviantArt gallery. Some of the shit I can't show on here is up there :).
Okay, I'm on my way to your Devart... looking at your profile... or just do a search on Jabroniville. :D
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Night Dragon

Post by Jabroniville »

NIGHT DRAGON (Kenshiro "Ken" Kwon)
Hgt:
5'9" Wgt: 160 lbs.
Role: Super-Ninja
PL 10 (210)
STRENGTH
3 STAMINA 5 AGILITY 8
FIGHTING 15 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 3 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+16)
Athletics 12 (+15)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+16)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 11 (+14)
Insight 7 (+12)
Intimidation 5 (+8)
Investigation 6 (+11)
Perception 8 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Ninja Weapons) 3 (+14)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+13)
Stealth 6 (+14)
Technology 2 (+5)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Cipher- No Known Identity), Daze (Deception), Diehard, Equipment 5 (Ninja Gear), Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 3 (Unarmed, Sword, Shuriken), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages 2 (Many), Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close/Concealment & Ranged/Cover), Prone Fighting, Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 6, Second Chance (Being Spotted), Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Acrobatics Skill, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Elite Ninja Training"
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation- Urban Environments, Wall-Crawling) [4]
"Ninja Jump" Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
"Shuriken Specialist" Blast +1 (Feats: Variable- Any Thrown Weapon) (Flaws: Requires Throwable Objects) [2]

"Zen No-Mind" Concealment 1 (Mental Senses) (Flaws: Distracting) [1]

Equipment:
"Ninja-to Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
"Shuriken" Blast 3 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (11)
"Caltrops" Hurts the Feet of Those Running Over Them (1)
"Smoke Bomb" Concealment 2 (Visuals) (Extras: Attack, Ranged, 15ft. Cloud) (10)
"Green Smoke" Affliction 6 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Area- 15ft. Cloud) (18)
"Kusarigama" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Split, Reach, Improved Disarm) (5)
"Climbing Gear" (1)

Offense:
Unarmed +16 (+3 Damage, DC 18)
Ninja-to/Kusarigama +15 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Shuriken +14 (+4 Ranged Damage, DC 19)
Green Smoke +6 Area (+6 Affliction, DC 16)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +5, Fortitude +7, Will +11

Complications:
Enemy (The Black Dragon)- Once the best of friends, The Black Dragon has become Kenshiro's deadliest enemy. His Chi Powers are vast and dangerous.
Enemy (Their Clan)- Kenshiro's old clan has sworn vengeance against him for abandoning them- a horrible lack of etiquette and duty. They now send agent after agent against him- magically-powered killers and monsters.
Relationship (Tojiro)- The Black Dragon's son is constantly in danger, and Kenshiro has sworn to protect the boy.
Responsibility (Human Life)- Feeling the darkness of his time as an assassin, Ken now refuses to take any life. In fact, he must now defend all life.

Total: Abilities: 94 / Skills: 82--41 / Advantages: 51 / Powers: 8 / Defenses: 15 (210)

Origin:
-Kenshiro Kwon was born to a Korean father and a Japanese mother- as an outsider to both communities, he grew up bullied, bitter, and alone. When his parents were killed in a car accident, he was sent away to an orphanage in Japan, where the bullying increased. There, he adopted an unflinching reaction to pain- an unwillingness to let his tormentors get to him. This stubborn, tough streak caused him to be noticed by one of the Masters of a ninja clan. There, Kenshiro was given the family he'd been missing, and grew to love the lifestyle of assassins. As a teen, he grew to become best friends with Kendo Sakashi, the son of the clan's leader. They were highly-competitive, in a friendly way, though Kendo was fairly consistently the superior.

-Things took a darker turn for the boys when they both fell for the same girl as teens. The daughter of another clan elder, Sakako admired both boys, and they were respectful, even cheerful, about their feud... but resentment built. When Kendo was chosen as the heir to a mystical ninja power (due to his heritage and his full-blooded Japanese nature- even here, Kenshiro's race was a hindrance), he was formally engaged to Sakako. An embittered Kenshiro attempted to help Kendo, despite his feelings, and they began studying some of the darker passages of their clan's lore. Eventually, he and Sakako realized that they shared feelings- Kendo tried to ignore this, acting as if this was a mere misunderstanding on his part, but soon even he could deny this no longer.

Kendo's Power Grows:
-Unfortunately, bitterness overwhelmed him, and Kendo attempted to impress Sakako by becoming more and more important to the clan. As Kendo's power grew, so did his lust for more. Clan elders grew concerned that despite his strength, Kendo lacked the spiritual strength to resist the lure of some dreadful Demons in their past- including the ones responsible for the clan's magic. As Kendo prepared to accept the "gifts" of The Black Dragon, Kenshiro attempted to stop him, realizing the danger. Kendo lashed out, badly-injuring his friend, and blaming his reaction on his jealousy over Sakako. The power of the Black Dragon soon overwhelmed Kendo, turning him vicious. He escaped away from the Clan after the Dragon's desire for power caused him to murder his own father. Sakako killed herself out of shame. He fled, and Kenshiro, shattered by Sakako's loss, threw himself into his work, becoming a legendary, heartless killer.

-Kenshiro became one of the finest assassins in the world, under the new "Jonin" (clan leader). He became the fabled "Night Dragon", an invader able to steal into any building and carry out his missions in complete silence- he eschewed the magical powers of his peers, becoming known for sheer physical and mental skill. However, he watched his clan descend into decadence under the new Jonin, as they gathered money from corporate interests who wanted to engage in industrial espionage. Disliking this work, Kenshiro nontheless was forced to do it out of duty. He became a truly soulless killing machine, slaughtering dozens without a care, until a final mission, in which he assassinated the young child of a man who had refused to pay the Clan. Horrified by what he had become, and despondent over his lot in life, Kenshiro planned to commit suicide.

Kenshiro The Teacher:
-However, Kenshiro discovered the existence of Tojiro, the young son of his old friend Kendo (bereft upon discovering Sakako's feelings for Kenshiro, Kendo had taken in with a disreputable woman, who'd given the child to another couple to raise). As news of the rise of The Black Dragon grew, Kenshiro realized that he had to train and protect the child (whose adoptive parents were soon clain by Kenshiro's old Clan), from his own vengeful Clan or the Dragon's other enemies. Feeling his soul still black with sin, he broke his filial bonds to his Clan and became a renegade soldier- he declared that he would never take another life, and would instead devote his life to protecting others, including Tojiro. He wishes to save enough lives to balance the scales and make up for his misdeeds. He realizes that he will likely never make things "even" with the universe, but that it is the least he can do. He is now threatened by a vengeful Black Dragon, and his former Clan, who would see him executed for abandoning them.

-Kenshiro Kwon, the Night Dragon, is one of the finest martial artists in the world. However, he is hunted by his old clan, who wish him dead- his enemies are thus numerous and implacable. Compounding matters is that most high-level Ninja possess some form of magical might- their use of "Chi" makes many of them into low-level Wizards, or high-powered monsters (able to alter their body's physical nature by Ochre Magic- the shapeshifting properties of the school turning them into inhuman beasts). This means that Kenshiro is often giving up a tremendous amount of power and versatility to his enemies, but he counters this with the knowledge that "for every hour they train in mysticism, there is an hour they do not train in their physical skill"- Kenshiro often out-thinks, out-fights, and out-skills his opponents.

Jab's Notes: Way, way back, my "Legion of Justice" team had a ninja in a green outfit on the team. I never really thought too much into his character, but I'd given him a pair of sidekicks, one of which being Shuriken (a red-clad ninja). I eventually did a "Shredder/Tang Shen/Splinter" thing, without fleshing it out too much. Eventually, I pulled it off that his sidekick was the son of his arch-nemesis, the Black Dragon, and merged that with the great "G.I. Joe" stuff with Storm Shadow & Billy (Cobra Commander's son). And so Night Dragon shifted a bit, becoming a mature, mentor-figure. I then merged all of THAT with my whole "Chi = Magic" concept, meaning that the Night Dragon now has to go up against a series of guys that look like something out of "Ninja Scroll" or "Samurai Shodown"- chi-users and monsters that the human-level guy has to overcome while fighting uphill. He'd probably be one of the more fun guys of the Jabverse to read in a comic book, I'd think- the ideas flow more freely because of the open kind of menaces he can fight.

-Kenshiro stats out more or less like a Nightwing-level fighter with DD-level Skills. He could fight Shang-Chi, Batman, Richard Dragon or Bronze Tiger on a pretty even keel, but Powerhouses are dangerous threats.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Skaramine

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Ice Princess! Titanica! Night Dragon!)

Post by Skaramine »

Now that is a badass ninja. I love that set of non power powers.
Just call me Doug.