The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Cyber-Samurai, Lady of the Eternal Winter)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

Black Dragon

Post by Jabroniville »

THE BLACK DRAGON (Kendo Sakashi)
Hgt:
5'10" Wgt: 190 lbs.
Role: Demon Ninja
PL 12 (242)
STRENGTH
5 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 8
FIGHTING 15/17 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 2 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Acrobatics 8 (+16)
Athletics 12 (+17)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+19)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Ninja) 12 (+14)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 11 (+14)
Investigation 6 (+9)
Perception 10 (+13)
Ranged Combat (Ninja Weapons) 3 (+12)
Sleight of Hand 8 (+13)
Stealth 6 (+14)

Advantages:
Accurate Attack, Agile Feint, All-Out Attack, Assessment, Beginner's Luck, Benefit (Cipher- No Known Identity), Diehard, Equipment 2 (Ninja Gear), Evasion 2, Fast Grab, Fearless, Grab Finesse, Great Endurance, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Aim, Improved Critical 4 (Unarmed, Sword 3), Improved Defense, Improved Disarm, Improved Initiative 2, Improved Trip, Instant Up, Languages 2 (Many), Last Stand (Ignores All Damage For 1 Round With HP Spent), Move-By Action, Power Attack, Precise Attack 2 (Close/Concealment & Ranged/Cover), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 4, Second Chance (Being Spotted), Seize Initiative, Takedown 2, Tracking, Trance, Ultimate Acrobatics Skill, Uncanny Dodge

Powers:
"Elite Ninja Training"
Movement 2 (Environmental Adaptation- Urban Environments, Wall-Crawling) [4]
"Chi-Fueled Jump" Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
"Flash Step" Speed 3 (16 mph) [3]
"Zen No-Mind" Concealment 1 (Mental Senses) (Flaws: Distracting) [1]

"The Eight Heads of Orochi" Damage 10 (Feats: Improved Critical) (Extras: Multiattack) (Reduced Defenses -4, Inaccurate -2) (21) -- [27]
  • AE: "Hell Dragon Fist" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical 2) (Extras: Penetrating 8) (Inaccurate -1) (11)
  • AE: "Murderous Surging Strike" Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Line) (Reduced Defenses -2) (16)
  • AE: "The Dragon's Spirit" Healing 8 (Flaws: Limited to Self) (8)
  • AE: "Chi Form" Insubstantial 3 (Energy) (15)
  • AE: "Consume Chi" Weaken Chi Powers 10 (Inaccurate -2) (8)
  • AE: "Consume Spirit" Weaken Awareness 10 (Inaccurate -2) (8)
"The Dragon's Surge" Enhanced Fighting 2 [4]

Equipment:
"Ninja-to Sword" Strength-Damage +2 (Feats: Improved Critical) (3)
"Shuriken" Blast 3 (Extras: Multiattack 3) (11)

Offense:
Unarmed +18 (+5 Damage, DC 20)
Ninja-to/Kusarigama +17 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Murderous Surging Strike +10 Area (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Hell Dragon Fist +17 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Eight Heads of Orochi +13 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Shuriken +12 (+3 Ranged Damage, DC 18)
Initiative +12

Defenses:
Dodge +15 (DC 25), Parry +15 (DC 25), Toughness +7, Fortitude +9, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (Night Dragon)- Kendo has sworn vengeance against his old friend, blaming him for the loss of his beloved Sakako (she fell for Night Dragon), and the loss of his clan.
Motivation (Power)- The dread might of Yamato-no-Orochi possesses Kendo, twisting him into an inhuman monster who only wishes to gain more power.

Total: Abilities: 96 / Skills: 86--43 / Advantages: 47 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 14 (242)

Origin:
-Kendo Sakashi was the son of the Jonin (leader) of the deadliest Ninja Clan in Japan. Much was expected of him, but he remained humble and dutiful, honoring his father. He even befriended Kenshiro Kwon, the unpopular, bullied Korean/Japanese student of the school. The two boys were competitive with each other, but also great friends- called "The Ken Brothers" by the other students. However, when they both fell in love with the same woman (Sakako, to whom Kendo soon became betrothed), it drove a wedge between them. Competitiveness gave way to resentment and one-upsmanship- Kenshiro had more natural talent, while Kendo had more drive and obsession. Eventually, however, it became clear that Kenshiro had won Sakako's heart.

-Bitter and angry, Kendo threw himself even further into his training. Eventually, he was chosen for the Clan's ultimate honor- his body was offered a sliver of the spirit of Yamato-no-Orochi, the mythical eight-headed dragon of Japanese mythology (said to be slain by Susan-o-o, the Wind God). When Kenshiro tried to stop him, fearing what would happen to his friend, Kendo lashed out in a fury. His father attempted to stop the ceremony, witnessing Kendo's personal weakness for the first time, but the boy instead grabbed the sliver, possessed himself of Orochi's spirit, and slew the old man. Either the Dragon twisted his spirit, or his own anger twisted the Dragon, but Kendo stole away in the dead of night, now a hunted man, in search of greater mastery of his new power. The abandoned Sakako took her own life, while Kenshiro mourned the loss of his friend, who had now become an implacable enemy, swearing vengeance.

-Kendo now goes only by The Black Dragon- an obsessive, monstrous opponent possessed of Chi powers beyond those of almost anyone else on Earth- Orochi's might giving him "fuel" to commit devastating martial arts techniques, and even steal the Chi of others. He combats Night Dragon only rarely, typically rushing from place to place, unlocking further secrets of his own might.

Jab's Notes: Pretty much designed solely to be an evil menace, the Black Dragon was actually created for my "Young Guns" universe, but I shifted him over to this one, figuring that he was a better match for Night Dragon. His backstory is rooted in jealousy, hatred and desire for power, but with a little bit of pathos to him- he feels left out and disprespected, and has let it turn him into a monster, and one of the most terrifying Earth-based menaces out there. 
Last edited by Jabroniville on Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skaramine

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Ice Princess! Titanica! Night Dragon!)

Post by Skaramine »

Yup... Black Dragon can definitely mop the floor with most folks. :o
The ATT member formerly known as both MorningKnight and Power-Glove.
Just call me Doug.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ha! Love this Jab! I think I might like this better than your published material thread!
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 am Ha! Love this Jab! I think I might like this better than your published material thread!
Heh- thanks :). It's funny how long I had most of this "set out" before I actually posted it. Glad to see people are digging it.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FOUR FATALES:
-The Four Fatales are a group of super-powered arch-feminists, organized by Sara-Jean "Valedictoria" Wuornos, a scientist who rebelled against "The Patriarchy" she felt was holding her back. Each of the women were held back by their gender, in subtle or unsubtle ways, and have so become terrorists obsessed with rewriting the rules of society, and not simply making things better for women, but punishing men everywhere. They attack the symbols of The Patriarchy, particularly media sources, male-dominated fields of employment, and anywhere where women are wearing provocative clothing (unless they have "agency", which is whatever they say it is). They often use behind-the-scenes manipulations or mind control to get there way, and often publicly-attack male superheroes (and occasionally, villains) to prove their own superiority.

-The Fatales believe that women should be in all positions of power, as men have been poisoned by their own patriarchal society and culture into being too obsessed with violence and cold, thoughtless logic. Only women, in their opinion, possess the emotional core and "closer to Earth" sensibilities to lead in the world. They think that the media and government have colluded to treat women as mindless sex objects, that Romantic Comedies are designed to cow women into being clothes-obsessed imbeciles, and that political parties are based around ensuring the continuity of The Patriarchy. The assault strip clubs, modelling agencies, video game & comic book companies, movie directors (especially ones who've used female nudity in film, and not male), politicians, and more.

-Despite their criminal nature, their status as the forefront of the Super-Feminist Movement has allowed them a degree of fame and notoriety- they rarely suffer for lack of female Henchwomen. Though many other feminists decry their use of "patriarchy-style violence", and feel that they harm the movement due to their criminal actions, they maintain a small, but extremely vocal, following on social media websites.
---
Jab's Notes: One of the most fun things to do as a writer is to satirize people and viewpoints you don't like- this typically takes the form of Political Strawman-type stuff, which is a pretty weak practice. Nonetheless, that's sort of what I'm doing with The Four Fatales- Straw Feminists who blame "The Patriarchy" for everything. However, I think it's fun to modify certain things- it was important to me that most of the women HAVE been wronged by sexist practices, and thus are justified in being pissed off- it's just that they go TOO FAR and become extremists, blaming EVERYTHING on The Patriarchy, and decide instead to become pure man-haters.

-You can see a lot of this behavior online (the best thing to do when criticizing a group is to reflect their ACTUAL behavior), with women declaring that basically everything in the world is evil and designed to harm them, and attaining a huge Victim Complex. Probably the worst thing about this kind of feminism is that feminism existed for a VERY GOOD REASON, and legitimately had (and HAS) some grievances, as there's still a lot of things that suck about being a woman in today's world. Which is sort of the point of the Fatales- to satirize their POV, but contrast it against the real issues experienced by actual characters- since many of my superheroes are female, the Fatales are an ideal counterpoint.

-I've heard from ex-feminists and a few prominent female writers that modern-day feminism has "not become about empowering women, but about punishing men". TV media is focused on depicted men as idiots and women as smarter; women on Tumblr scream and rage at "problematic" media sources. Movies like the new "Ghostbusters" basically come off like "Hey, you sexist, racist pigs are going to HATE this!", while people brag openly about how "woke" they are, while attempting mass public-shaming and bullying of anyone whose opinion falters even slightly compared to their own. This brand of toxic activism is a major problem in today's society, and thus I seek to make fun of it, Strawman-style. But also to make the chicks hot :).

-The funniest part may be that the Fatales aren't extreme ENOUGH in some cases- the intolerance and hatred exhibited by some of these types is truly mystifying. Naturally, the alternative point of view can be even more horrifying.

Last edited by Jabroniville on Mon May 22, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Valedictoria

Post by Jabroniville »

VALEDICTORIA (Sara-Jean Wuornos)
Hgt:
5'10" Wgt: 130 lbs.
Role: Super-Genius, Arch-Feminist
PL 12 (221)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 3
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 5
INTELLIGENCE 11 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills:
Athletics 4 (+5)
Deception 7 (+11)
Expertise (Criminal) 2 (+13)
Expertise (Science) 11 (+22)
Expertise (Psychiatry) 2 (+13)
Expertise (History) 3 (+14)
Insight 6 (+11)
Investigation 7 (+12)
Perception 1 (+6)
Persuasion 4 (+8)
Technology 11 (+22)
Treatment 2 (+13)
Vehicles 2 (+7)

Advantages:
Beginner's Luck, Eidetic Memory, Improved Critical (Techno-Weapon), Improved Initiative, Inventor, Jack-of-All-Trades, Language 3 (Almost Any), Quick Draw, Ranged Attack 5, Skill Mastery (Technology), Ultimate Skill 2 (Science, Technology), Well-Informed

Powers:
"Techno-Weapon" (Flaws: Easily Removable) (Feats: Restricted to Geniuses) [75]
"Molecular Separator" Blast 12 (Feats: Precise) (Extras: Penetrating 10) Linked to Weaken Toughness 8 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (58) -- (63)
  • AE: "Hormone Imbalancer" Affliction 12 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative) (36)
  • AE: "Vortex Beam" Move Object 11 (Extras: Area- 60ft. Cone) (Flaws: Touch Range, Limited to Away) (11)
  • AE: "Gravity Canceller" Move Object 12 (Feats: Precise) (25)
  • AE: "Empowered Field" Force Field +8 (Extras: Impervious 13) (21)
  • AE: "Dimensional Rift" Movement 2 (Dimensional Travel 2) (Extras: Portal +2) (8)
"Neuron Replacer" Affliction 11 (Will; Entranced/Compelled/Controlled) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Continuous +3) (Flaws: Limited to First Command Given After Blasted) (55)
Force Field 4 (4)
-- (122 points)

"Molecular-Vision Glasses" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [6]
Senses 7 (Analytical, Extended 2, Microscopic, Ultra & Darkvision, Direction & Distance Sense) (10 points)

"You Think I'd Build a Weapon That Worked On ME?" Immunity 1 (Own Weapons) [1]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Hormone Imbalancer +10 (+12 Ranged Affliction, DC 22)
Molecular Separator +10 (+12 Ranged Damage & +8 Weaken, DC 27 & 18)
Vortex Beam +11 Area (+11 Move Object, DC 21)
Neuron Replacer +10 (+11 Ranged Affliction, DC 21)
Initiative +3

Defenses:
Dodge +9 (DC 19), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3 (+7 Force Field, +15 Enhanced), Fortitude +5, Will +8

Complications:
Enemy (The Patriarchy)- Victoria was held back in her scientific career, and faced numerous embarassments and criticisms, largely because she was the only female in her field. After one too many condescending remarks, thoughtless comments and awkward conversations with her peers, she became convinced that her sex was being used against her.
Responsibility (The Feminist Movement)- Victoria became a major name in the field, though a controversial one, given the fact that many people are aware she is a criminal (albeit a "well-intentioned" one). She will hunt down any man she sees as against Feminist principles, and will assume that all female criminals are merely acting out because they have been oppressed.
Secret (Not Actually That Feminist)- Valedictoria is smart enough to be egalitarian and equalist, but finds preaching male-hating, female superiority and an open revolution against "The Patriarchy" convenient to her cause, and so foments rebellion. She believes sexism is real, but her teammates and followers would be horrified if they learned her true ideologies.

Total: Abilities: 78 / Skills: 62--31 / Advantages: 19 / Powers: 81 / Defenses: 12 (221)

Origin: Sara-Jean Wuornos was a naturally-brilliant young woman whose gifts gave her a great deal of renown, but she felt it was never enough. Having been taught by female teachers she felt were stuck in such "lowly professions" due to their gender, and forced to work with nearly-exclusively-male collaborators in scientific fields, she began to see a great deal of injustice in the world. Despite her brilliance, her controversial scientific programs were often met with more derision and clinical study from peers than she felt necessary. After being passed up for numerous grants and research projects, and often forced into fields more related to medicine, Wuornos became obsessed with the idea that she was being held back just for her gender. Seeing problems both real and perceived, she joined the Feminist Movement, and became a scholar under numerous famous names in the field.

-However, while angry at some of the sexism she perceived and having a very anti-male viewpoint in general, she was also too smart to buy into the anti-male aspects inherent to much of the movement completely: instead, she realized that fomenting Man-Haters would be a useful tool in her plans. Similarly, she ignores the plight of women in the developing world (where the actual oppression of women goes far deeper), because it's not convenient to her points. Becoming a strong public name in the field, she represented the repression of women in the sciences (willfully ignoring that women were outnumbering men in most of the other fields in collegiate courses), eventually gathering a small army of followers. Eventually, she appealed to three other women who believed they were oppressed by The Patriarchy, and formed The Four Fatales in order to attack the establishment and gather funds for Sara-Jean's experiments.

-As Valedictoria, she preaches female superiority (believing that women are dependent more on emotions and feelings, while men are dependent upon their aggression and inferior "male logic", and engender a Rape Culture that demonizes women), revolts against The Patriarchy, and tries to tear down established political machines for their "sexism". She attacks male institutions like banks and government offices, "sexist" organizations, and strip clubs; she foments women's victim complexes to gain sympathy and recruits; and publically attacks men she sees as "the enemy" (alternately criticizing men for enjoying scantily-clad women, while praising women for dressing however they like). Though her actions are illegal, she often deftly avoids arrest (often not being seen at the scenes of the crime), and is seen as a hero by many betrodden women.

-Using a devastating, variable-effect Techno-Weapon of her own creation, Valedictoria is PL 11 offensively, PL 12 defensively. Her full Force Field is required to hit PL 12- she is vulnerable while using her other powers (which would interfere with each other if used simultaneously), and thus requires the others for protection in battle. She can affect people's physiology, cancel gravity over a large area and move heavy objects with it, or simply disintegrate objects. She is also one of the smartest people on the planet, having few, if any peers, in any particular field.

Jab's Notes: I can't remember how I came up with Valedictoria exactly (the original leader was Wonder Witch), but all of a sudden I realized the goofy name and the "Feminist Scientist/Activist" thing was PERFECT as a reflection of the Public-Shaming stuff you hear online. Since a lot of my heroes are female, I figured that it was appropriate to make THE smart character in-universe be one as well- it sets her apart from the usual Super-Genius characters, who are almost-universally male in comics. I figured on her Techno-Weapon because I didn't want her to be a non-combatant, and I figured making it bad-ass would give her a rep beyond most geniuses.

The whole "Not Really That Feminist" thing was a snide little thing I came up with as part of the "Strawman" part of the group- I realized that, basically, "why would somebody who is THAT SMART be dumb enough to blame The Patriarchy for everything?", and there I had it- THEY WOULDN'T. Therefore I'm making such a Strawman out of the team that THEIR OWN LEADER actually doesn't believe in their stuff, and only passes it off as a deliberate thing to fool naive people.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Valedictoria is awesome! She's such a cynical character it's unbelievable. The fact that she's too intelligent to commit to her own espoused ideals, but ethically bankrupt enough to manipulate those that do actually makes her less of a straw man and more realistic than I think you were envisioning. She is the archetypal politician or cult leader.
Skaramine

Post by Skaramine »

I wonder if it was just happenstance that the team leader was the same as the subject of the movie "Monster" - Eileen WOURNOS, who claimed that she was merely killing men trying to rape her.

I know some people who practically worship EW as a vigilante wrongfully convicted and executed. Well one.

And she frightens me. :oops:
Just call me Doug.
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Skaramine wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 7:41 pm I wonder if it was just happenstance that the team leader was the same as the subject of the movie "Monster" - Eileen WOURNOS, who claimed that she was merely killing men trying to rape her.

I know some people who practically worship EW as a vigilante wrongfully convicted and executed. Well one.

And she frightens me. :oops:
I needed a "W" for her last name (her initial name was "Victoria Fendermyn", sort of a gag on how one wave of Feminism decided to spell it "womyn" instead of "women"; but then I thought of another gag for her name), and it came to me nearly-instantly because of that very same woman. So I have a feminist, man-hating super-villain with the same name as one of the few known female serial killers (who are much rarer than male ones, but often much more insidious and successful because of it).
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Horsenhero wrote: Mon May 22, 2017 6:52 pm Valedictoria is awesome! She's such a cynical character it's unbelievable. The fact that she's too intelligent to commit to her own espoused ideals, but ethically bankrupt enough to manipulate those that do actually makes her less of a straw man and more realistic than I think you were envisioning. She is the archetypal politician or cult leader.
Thanks :)! When I was working on the character, I made a ton of stuff about how brilliant she was (she's basically my world's Reed/Doom- there's no real competition to her as THE smartest person), but then I realized partway through that "wait... why would someone THAT SMART believe in something so dumb?" Sure, scientists often aren't "street smart" or good with people, but this woman needed to be more of an intelligent schemer than a Nutty Professor. So I suddenly went "wait... if she's TOO SMART to believe in this mentality... then she's TOO SMART!" and the whole "she exaggerates it for effect" thing came about.

As for how realistic she is... something Ares and I were talking about is that types like this often come off like they're LESS extreme than "real-life" versions of certain political ideologies. You can see some truly frightening, weird things online, with some insanely extreme viewpoints being held by seemingly-normal people.
Jabroniville

Wonder Witch

Post by Jabroniville »

WONDER WITCH (Tressalynne Herge)
Hgt:
5'8" Wgt: 140 lbs.
Role: Evil Sorceress, Summoner
PL 11 (301)
STRENGTH
1 STAMINA 3 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 3

Skills:
Athletics 3 (+4)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+7)
Deception 5 (+8)
Expertise (Magic) 11 (+15)
Insight 2 (+5)
Intimidation 3 (+6)
Perception 2 (+5)
Ranged Combat (Magic) 4 (+10)

Advantages:
Artificer, Daze (Intimidation), Equipment (Staff), Improved Critical (Magic), Power Attack, Ranged Attack 4, Ritualist

Powers:
"Elite Sorceress"
Senses 4 (Detect Magic- Ranged 2 & Acute) [4]

"Ochre Magic- Teleportation"
Teleport 14 (Feats: Change Direction & Velocity, Increased Mass 5) (Extras: Easy, Accurate, Extended, Portal +2) (101) -- [108]
  • AE: Movement 3 (Dimensional Travel 3) (Extras: Portal +2) (12)
  • AE: Teleport 10 (Extras: Accurate, Extended, Attack Only +0) (40)
  • AE: "Rending Teleport" Blast 10 (Extras: Penetrating 8) (28)
"Gold Magic- Alchemy"
  • AE: "Army of Hands" Snare 10 (Extras: Perception-Ranged) (Quirks: Target Must Be On Ground or By Objects) (39)
  • AE: "Ground to Sludge" Affliction 10 (Strength; Hindered & Vulnerable/Defenseless & Prone/Paralyzed) (Extras: Extra Condition, Ranged, Area- 30ft. Burst) (40)
  • AE: "From Thin Air..." Create 8 (Feats: Innate) (Extras: Movable) (25)
  • AE: Nullify 10 (Extras: Broad- Any Magical, Simultaneous) (30)
  • AE: "Baleful Polymorph" Affliction 10 (Fort; Impaired/Disabled/Transformed Form) (Extras: Progressive +2, Ranged) (40)
"Alter Self"
Shapeshift 10 (Other Forms- Dragons, Squid, Demons, etc.) [80]
Morph 4 (Any Form) [20]

Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+1 Damage, DC 16)
Shapeshifted Forms +9 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Rending Teleport +10 (+10 Ranged Damage, DC 25)
Army of Hands -- (+10 Perception-Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Baleful Polymorph +10 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Sludge +10 Area (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Nullify +10 (+10 Ranged Nullify, DC 20)
Initiative +2

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +3, Fortitude +5, Will +7

Complications:
Enemy (The Patriarchy)- Tressalynne was prevented from joining the more-prestigious Magical Academies due to her gender. She is likely to blame men for all of her problems in life.
Power Loss (Magic)- Magic requires physical, and sometimes verbal, components to work. A Mage rendered incapable of movement cannot cast spells.
Accident (The Miscast Table)- Mages require a physical object to avoid disaster. Without a Magic Staff in hand, Wonder Witch must roll a d20 every time she casts a spell- on a roll of "1", she must roll on the Miscast Table.

Total: Abilities: 46 / Skills: 32--16 / Advantages: 10 / Powers: 212 / Defenses: 17 (301)

Origin: Tressalynne Herge is an Englishwoman who found herself gifted in the ways of sorcery. A Secret Society of magically-empowered individuals discovered her, and placed her within their hidden training Academies. Though skilled, she was often derided by the male-dominated school, whose members often casually referred to her as "the witch". Her rebellious attitude against authority, and her natural arrogance at her innate talent, only made these problems worse. With a desire to learn some of the flashier schools of magic, she also felt undue pressure to take on the more "feminine" talents, like White Magic- even her talents in the other schools were often ignored or brushed off, and only a token effort was made to put her in the elite classes.

-"Tressa" began learning from these other schools in secret, by breaking into the Academy library, and pushing far past the requested spells allowed for rookies. These rules, put in place for the protection of all (attempting spells beyond one's power is the number one cause of injury and death among sorcerers), went ignored, and luckily she did not suffer for them. However, as her skills in these abilities increased and became more fully-realized, her White Magic abilities grew worse- as this was her "public" School of Magic, this led to her being humiliated and derided by students and faculty alike. In fury over a final humiliation, Tressa finally showed off her REAL capabilities, by flashing out a complicated Gold Magic spell in front of the assembled students. Decried as a Witch, she was removed from the school and exiled. She was about to be mind-wiped by Violet Mages, but she escaped into another Dimension (thanks to another quickly-cast spell), and they were unable to find her.

-She was assumed lost (Ochre Magic is notoriously-difficult to control in the early stages of training), but reappeared years later, having trained under vicious, evil Slavers in another world. With her newfound might, and an attitude now fully "Evil Queen" in its imperiousness, she destroyed her old school, and murdered several Wizards. Angered when other female Mages refused to run off with her to train in the other schools (many were sympathetic to her at first, but she DID just kill a bunch of people), she ran off, eventually finding Valedictoria and the other Fatales. Having been burned by the old-fashioned sexism of the old Wizardly schools, she eagerly agreed to fight for their cause.

-Wonder Witch is one of the most-adept Mages in the world- though only PL 10 in basic capabilities, she is one of the few Gold Wizards capable of altering her own form- she can take the form of Dragons, Giants, Demons and more, allowing her to hit PL 11 in physical power. Her powers are also incredibly-varied, and she is the group's Transport, able to teleport thousands of miles at a time with an Extended Teleport. This results in a massively-powerful, very-expensive Sorceress.
---
Jab's Notes: Wonder Witch is one of the first things I came up with for the group- wanting an Evil Sorceress out there. I didn't make her out to be much of a sex symbol, despite her slim build. I wasn't a big fan of her intial origin, which went a bit more into the "Girls must only be White Mages" thing, but I altered it to be more of a subtle thing. I kind of went with a weird "Harry Potter" thing, combined with how "Avatar: The Last Airbender" treated Katara when she went to Waterbending School.
Jabroniville

Jawdropper

Post by Jabroniville »

JAWDROPPER (Jennica Morning)
Hgt:
7'5" Wgt: 550 lbs.
Role: Powerhouse, Grappler, Goonsweeper
PL 11 (156)
STRENGTH
13 STAMINA 13 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 1 (+8)
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Criminal) 3 (+3)
Intimidation 9 (+9)
Perception 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Thrown Objects) 4 (+9)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Chokehold, Diehard, Fast Grab, Great Endurance, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improved Hold, Improvised Weapon, Power Attack, Prone Fighting, Ranged Attack 5, Startle, Takedown 2

Powers:
"Class 200 Powerhouse"
Impervious Toughness 11 [11]
Leaping 3 (60 feet) [3]
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]

"Ground Pound" Affliction 11 (Strength; Dazed & Hindered/Stunned & Prone) (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst, Extra Condition) (Flaws: Limited Degree, Both Must Be Grounded) Linked to Damage 10 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Limited to Objects) [21]

"Heavy Mace" (Flaws: Easily Removable) [5]
Strength-Damage +1 (Feats: Reach 2) (Extras: Penetrating 5) (8 points)

Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+13 Damage, DC 28)
Heavy Mace +7 (+14 Damage, DC 29)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +13, Fortitude +13, Will +6

Complications:
Enemy (The Patriarchy)- Jennica spent years trying to look stronger and more buff, and only received derision. Now, she attempts to use The Patriarchy's own weapons- strength and aggression- against it.
Responsibility (Men)- Jennica is easily the most-lascivious member of her team, which contradicts her male-hating public persona. More problematic are her aggressive... er... methods.
Responsibility (Temper)- Jawdropper is easily-angered.
Responsibility (Low Self-Esteem)- Kylie grew up overweight, and became a bodybuilder to avoid that fate- she consistently believed she was either too fat or too ugly to "make the grade" and constantly took things to improve herself. Eventually, she attempted suicide. Though proud of her currently-enhanced physique, she still feels intense displeasure when others compare her to a man or joke about her being unattractive.

Total: Abilities: 70 / Skills: 24--12 / Advantages: 20 / Powers: 42 / Defenses: 12 (156)

Origin: Jawdropper was a Female Bodybuilding competitor, caught up in the hyper-competitive atmosphere. She took pills, injected steroids and hormones, and dieted to ridiculous extremes, and all to win an award that left many people calling her a "trannie" or a man in a bikini. When an unflattering photograph of her "posing face" was taken and used as an Internet Meme, she freaked out and went on a public tirade that only left her being made fun of even more. Despondent and angry, she attempted taking her own life, but was resuscitated at the hospital- while recovering, she was met by Valedictoria, who recruited her for The Four Fatales. Her physicality was increased via genetic means rather than the Testosterone Valedictoria blamed for her "mental problems" (since that's male hormones and all), allowing her to retain some femininity (her lowered voice recovered, and her jawline normalized), and she was made a superhuman powerhouse. Now a snide, angry, confident woman, Jawdropper seeks to prove female superiority using the same methods The Patriarchy used to hold women back- raw strength and aggression.

-Jawdropper is not a great thinker, but represents the power of her team. She is exceptionally-strong, able to brawl with Mega Woman, Titanica and other powerhouses on an even keel, and is only moderately slowed by her added bulk. At PL 10.5, she is the team's Tank, and can easily draw fire or hold off enemy superhumans.
---

Jab's Notes: I came up with Jawdropper pretty early into the design concept, making her look like one of those Muscle Babes from "WeaponLord" or something. Basically a huge, ripped chick. With the big Viking Helmet, it works better if she doesn't have much hair, so I just made her a muscular Bald Amazon Woman... which actually isn't that unattractive to me, oddly enough. And then I got a random idea for a big mohawked chick, and threw that design onto another character instead :).

I had to make an origin story, and figured I'd go with Female Bodybuilder, which would justify her wanting to be stronger and more muscular- then I took a look at the kind of jokes those women are subjected to (the steroids REALLY do a number on them physically- the women begin to have their voices deepen, they lose their hair, and their chins and certain... organs... grow out as the testosterone literally de-feminizes them), and came up with the semi-sympathetic backstory (some of which is based off of Chyna's, and transgender model Amazon Eve's). I was going to make her PL 10, but if she's on a team that fights Top-Tiers, she's gonna have to get an upgrade, so PL 11 it was. It took me a while to decide on whether or not she needed a weapon- it fit the initial image I had in my head, and is atypical enough of a comic book Powerhouse, so I left it.

Last edited by Jabroniville on Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

The whole "Not Really That Feminist" thing was a snide little thing I came up with as part of the "Strawman" part of the group- I realized that, basically, "why would somebody who is THAT SMART be dumb enough to blame The Patriarchy for everything?", and there I had it- THEY WOULDN'T. Therefore I'm making such a Strawman out of the team that THEIR OWN LEADER actually doesn't believe in their stuff, and only passes it off as a deliberate thing to fool naïve people.
its actually not that surprising if she did blame the patriarchy. Ego sometimes overrides intelligence after all look at Doom for example. Doom is far too intelligent to truly blame Richards for his failures many and varied that they are, YET he continues to do so, irrationally against all logic blaming someone else for his own foibles.

Ego overriding common sense. In valedictorias case it could be the same thing. her ego overriding her common sense in that issue where she truly feels despite all evidence to the contrary that the patriarchy is keeping her and other women down. She then need merely look to the late night news to see yet another politician spewing BS like legitimate rape, or passing another cut to planned parenthood, or getting caught with a prostitute despite being married etc etc. And point to those as SEE they're all alike.

Still her also not being truly committed to the cause has some neat possibilities as well.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

Good points, but I find the character might be TOO silly if she was 100% Super-Feminist. Sillier than someone named "Valedictoria", anyways. Part of the issue is I'm afraid going TOO far would make her like that bitch from the first arc of Y: The Last Man, who I still think was killed off early because she was SO hateable that the fans wouldn't have tolerated her for even one more arc :).
Skaramine

Re: The Jabverse: An O.C. Thread (Titanica! Night Dragon! The Four Fatales!)

Post by Skaramine »

Let me call for a moment of silence to appreciate the beauty of... Jawdropper.

:ugeek:

We now return you to your regular board antics. Thank you.
Just call me Doug.