Jab’s Builds! (Beaker! Sam Eagle! Miss Piggy! The Swedish Chef!)

Where in all of your character write ups will go.
Jabroniville

The Doppelganger

Post by Jabroniville »

THE DOPPELGANGER
Created By:
Jim Starlin, Ron Lim & Al Milgrom
First Appearance: The Infinity War #1 (July 1992)
Role: Mirror Image Villain
Group Affiliations: The Magus' Doppelganger Hordes, The Carnage Family
PL 9 (143)
STRENGTH
9 STAMINA 8 AGILITY 10
FIGHTING 7 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE -4 AWARENESS -2 PRESENCE -3

Skills:
Acrobatics 4 (+14)
Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+9)
Intimidation 11 (+8)
Perception 6 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Webbing) 7 (+11)

Advantages:
All-Out Attack, Fast Grab, Evasion, Improved Critical (Unarmed), Improved Trip, Move-By Action, Ranged Attack 2, Startle

Powers:
"Spider-Powers"
Movement 2 (Wall-Crawling 2) [4]
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]
"Keeps Reappearing" Immortality 2 [4]

"Six Arms" Extra Limbs 4 [4]

"Organic Web-Shooters"
"Web-Line" Movement 1 (Swinging) [2]
"Razor-Edged Spider-Web" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether) Linked to Blast 6 (Split) [39]

Offense:
Unarmed +9 (+9 Damage, DC 24)
Spider-Web +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction & +6 Ranged Damage, DC 18 & 21)
Initiative +10

Defenses:
Dodge +10 (DC 20), Parry +10 (DC 20), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +2

Complications:
Enemy (Spider-Man)
Disabled (Mute)- The Doppelganger is incapable of speech, only able to growl and hiss.
Prejudice (Obvious Freak)- The Doppelganger has six arms and sharp fangs- obviously, it will not pass for human.
Relationship (Shriek)- The Doppelganger views Shriek as a kind of mother-figure, and will violently-assault anyone trying to harm her.

Total: Abilities: 54 / Skills: 30--15 / Advantages: 9 / Powers: 57 / Defenses: 8 (143)

-The Infinity War was a... strange read, to say the least. I loved The Infinity Gauntlet as a good old-fashioned slugfest with some great Villain Dialogue, but this comparatively-weak sequel series was much, much worse. It wasn't AWFUL, but it had a far worse villain (The Magus was goofy-looking and all "bwah-hah-hah I am EVIL!" without a real character), was really confusing (I got the trade recently and could barely make heads or tails out of some of it), it had a weak supporting cast (Drax & Moondragon are poor replacements for Starfox & Death), and overall the plotline was worse. But it did have one positive effect... the Doppelganger. See, all the "Crossover" titles were to have the hero fighting an evil doppelganger of themselves, who would attempt to replace them (a few made full-issue stories out of it- another couple, like Captain America, hilariously dealt with the problem in all of two pages, then the hero shrugged and moved on). Most of the villains were pretty lame, consisting of the hero with sharper teeth, but the Doppelganger looked AWESOME: Six arms (like the one-time Spidey story), a mouthful of Venom-like fangs, and weird segmented eye-things.

-He was so cool, in fact, that the writers & artists quickly left him alive at the end of the story (unlike all the other clones- they were extinguished at the end of the story, and only Doppel was left on his own) to ally with Demogoblin in his '90s-esque campaign of destruction. It was only to last another year or so, as they got involved in Maximum Carnage, that most '90s of cross-overs in the Spidey books. Shriek took a liking to the animalistic little bugger, but when he came to her aid when Carnage started slapping her around, Carnage gutted the thing and tossed him off a building, killing him. Well, it was basically an animal with Spider-powers, so it wasn't like a great character died.

-Doppelganger later turns up alive in the modern Carnage Limited Series, which gives some reference to the '90s Spider-books. It is apparently nigh-immortal, as it keeps reviving from fatal harm, and repeatedly tries to aid its "mother", Shriek, as well as Carnage himself. It later escapes alive, and is still a threat.

-The Doppelganger is basically what happens to Spider-Man when you toss away all his mental abilities, Skills, and Spider-Sense (as he never showed that particular capability)- and it's all drawn into a PL 9 character. He's a big stronger and tougher than Spidey, but not enough to save him against Carnage, or even beat Spider-Man in a fair fight. He did the token "Good First Showing", but still lost (and keep in mind Spidey's weakness against newbies). It's Webbing is all-natural, and has the nasty side-effect of also being a Blast- it's razor sharp and will cause pain if it touches someone's skin.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Re: Jab's Builds! (Cardiac! Solo! Venom! Carnage! Shriek!)

Post by Jabroniville »

Haha, that game was TOUGH AS SHIT, too. I remember trying endlessly to play that game, but losing on the second stage every time. I think it had hard-to-control "Swinging Sections", too. And despite offering two characters, was a one-player game. Just unacceptable.

Funnier still were the game magazines that endlessly hyped the soundtrack by Green Jelly (Little Pig, Little Pig), like that was something worth advertising. I mean, that song is hilarious and the video even better, but c'mon now.
Jabroniville

Carrion (Original)

Post by Jabroniville »

CARRION I (Professor Miles Warren's Clone)
Created By:
Bill Mantlo, Jim Mooney & Frank Springer
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #25 (Dec. 1978)
Role: The First Clone Saga Re-Tread
Villain Ranking: C-Level (one-shot)
Group Affiliations: None
PL 10 (164)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0
INTELLIGENCE 6 AWARENESS 3 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+10)
Deception 3 (+3)
Expertise (Science) 8 (+14)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+11)

Advantages:
Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Skill Mastery (Science), Startle

Powers:
Regeneration 4 [4]
"Levitation" Flight 2 (8 mph) (Flaws: Low Ceiling) [2]

"Intangibility" Insubstantial 4 (20) -- [23]
  • AE: "Disintegration Touch" Damage 10 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (Flaws: Limited to Organics) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaws: Limited to Organics) (15) AE: "Levitation of Organic Matter" Move Object 8 (Flaws: Limited to Organics) (8)
  • AE: Teleport 5 (Noticeable- Brimstone Stench -1) (9)
"Telepathy" Mind Reading 4 [8]
"Immune to Spider-Sense" Concealment (Spider-Sense) 1 (Extras: Continuous) [3]

"The Red Dust of Death" (Flaws: Easily-Removable) [25]
"Choking Death" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (40) -- (42 points)
  • AE: "Unconsciousness" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (40)
  • AE: "Corrosion" Damage 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 8 (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +10 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Disintegration Touch +10 (+10 Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Red Dust- Choking & Unconsciousness +10 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Red Dust- Corrosion +10 (+8 Damage & Weaken, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +8 (DC 18), Toughness +7, Fortitude +10, Will +5

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- As a clone of Miles Warren, Carrion seeks to kill Spider-Man for his part in the deaths of Warren and Gwen Stacy.
Enemy (Spider-Man)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 65 / Defenses: 14 (164)

-Ohhh... wow. What a savage, unbelievable mess this guy's origin & history is. He's basically a one-shot villain who flew in to kill Spidey as a "sequel" to the Clone Saga (the first sequel, in fact), using some freaky new powers and stuff, and he created a Spider-Amoeba to do it, but he died. Then some writers got it in their heads to "fix" some stuff, and it turns out that Warren didn't clone ANYTHING, but in fact re-wrote DNA (no idea why they did this, other than to make further retellings of the story impossible to decipher. I have a similar theory about Penance/M in Generation-X), and then another Carrion was created by over-writing some poor University Student's DNA. The first has literally only appeared once.

-The first Carrion was fairly powerful, and as you can tell, has a SWACK of super-powers, allowing him to pull off a variety of nasty tricks. He can read minds, go insubstantial, decay organic matter (or just all matter, using his Red Dust of Death Device-y thing), and more. My 2e Carrion build had even MORE stuff on him, for reasons I can't recall (no sources I read now showcase Emotion Control powers or the like), but even in this form, he's very dangerous. I hate building characters like this, though- he's got so many varied, unrelated powers that it's entirely likely I'm missing a huge power here or there.

-Note the "Immune to Spider-Sense" power- I chose Concealment rather than building some complex "Nullify"-themed power, since that would literally cost 40-50 points since it's always active- this makes him Invisible to that aspect of Spidey, which has the side-effect of wiping out some of Pete's Enhanced Defenses & Advantages. Basically, Spidey operates at a few levels lower Defensively while fighting Carrion, making him a VERY dangerous opponent. It costs 3 points, which is OK considering that it only affects one guy, but that guy IS Carrion's only major foe. Carrion I is PL 10, but PL 8 on defense, and PL 9 with his Red Dust of Death, which can either decay stuff or just K.O./strangle people.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Carrion (McBride)

Post by Jabroniville »

CARRION II (Malcolm McBride)
Created By:
Gerry Conway & Sal Buscema
First Appearance: The Spectacular Spider-Man #149 (April 1989)
Role: Re-Created Villain
Villain Ranking: D-Level
Group Affiliations: Maximum Carnage
PL 9 (149)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 3 (+8)
Deception 3 (+3)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+11)

Advantages:

Powers:
Regeneration 4 [4]

"Disintegration Touch" Damage 10 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (Flaws: Limited to Organics) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaws: Limited to Organics) [15]

"The Red Dust of Death" (Flaws: Easily-Removable -2) [27]
"Choking Death" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (40) -- (42 points)
  • AE: "Unconsciousness" Affliction 8 (Fort; Fatigued/Exhausted/Asleep) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (40)
  • AE: "Corrosion" Damage 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 8 (24)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Disintegration Touch +8 (+10 Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Red Dust- Choking & Unconsciousness +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Red Dust- Corrosion +8 (+8 Damage & Weaken, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- As a mental-clone of Miles Warren, Carrion seeks to kill Spider-Man for his part in the deaths of Warren and Gwen Stacy.
Responsibility (Human Being)- Malcolm McBride is an unwilling-victim of the Carrion Plague, and occasionally fights to the surface, refusing to commit evil acts.
Enemy (Spider-Man)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 40--20 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 51 / Defenses: 14 (149)

-So since the first Carrion debuted twelve years earlier as a one-shot villain, another writer decided to bring the concept back for whatever reason. While investigating the original Carrion & Miles Warren's lab, Peter unleashed some sort of DNA-virus that infected another Empire State University student, Malcolm McBride, who had been following him. McBride then became D-Level recurring-villain extraordinaire, Carrion II, who was so important that I'd never even heard of him (he had no Marvel Cards made of him, see, and that was how I was introduced to comics) until Maximum Carnage, where he was a characterization-less floating dunderhead who moaned and did some stuff, and was generally the most plain-looking and boring of his team of colourful mass-murderers. Eventually, McBride's human side won out, as he chose his own mother over his "new" mother, Shriek, and after another hiccup (in which Judas Traveller returned, then took back, his powers; Traveller was later revealed as a fraud, so nobody knows what really happened here), his time in the sun was over, and this Carrion vanished forever.

-But seriously, Carrion has a really terrible design. He's basically a scrawny, yellow-skinned old-looking guy who flies around in rags and doesn't do anything dynamic at all. I think this is why the character has been so non-utilized over the years. And his appearance in Maximum Carnage still bugs me, as he literally just floats in without explanation and starts hanging around Carnage, Shriek & Co. And in one random issue, he's shown SPEAKING, which he didn't for the rest of the crossover! Another sign of just how much of a mess that arc was.

-Carrion II is very much like the first one, but a fair bit lower in PL, and lacking a few powers. Obviously, the writers felt that the original's grab-bag of assorted gimmicks was both over-the-top, and hard to write for, so out went the Telepathy, Intangibility and Telekinesis. In the end, we get a PL 9 version of the original, with the same Skills, but less accuracy overall. He's dangerous, especially since he's still immune to the Spider-Sense, but overall nothing huge- Spidey can defeat him single-handedly without TOO much trouble. It's when he's in a big group that he's tough.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Carrion (Allen)

Post by Jabroniville »

CARRION III (Dr. William Allen)
Created By:
Joe Edkin, Dan Lawlis & Darick Robertson
First Appearance: Spider-Man: Dead Man's Hand (April 1997)
Role: Re-Created Villain (again)
Villain Ranking: C-Level (one-shot)
Group Affiliations: S.H.I.E.L.D.
PL 10 (168)
STRENGTH
7 STAMINA 7 AGILITY 2
FIGHTING 5 DEXTERITY 0

Skills:
Close Combat (Unarmed) 5 (+10)
Deception 3 (+3)
Insight 4 (+7)
Intimidation 8 (+8)
Perception 6 (+9)
Stealth 3 (+5)
Technology 5 (+11)

Advantages:

Powers:
Regeneration 4 [4]

"Disintegration Touch" Damage 10 (Extras: Secondary Effect) (Flaws: Limited to Organics) Linked to Weaken Toughness 10 (Flaws: Limited to Organics) [15]

"The Red Dust of Death" (Flaws: Easily-Removable -2) [45]
"Red Dust Zombie Plague" Mind Control 10 (Extras: Contagious, Sustained Duration +2) (70) -- (73 points)
  • AE: "Choking Death" Affliction 8 (Fort; Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated) (Extras: Ranged, Cumulative, Progressive +2) (40)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+7 Damage, DC 22)
Disintegration Touch +8 (+10 Damage & Weaken, DC 25 & 20)
Red Dust- Choking & Unconsciousness +8 (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Red Dust- Corrosion +8 (+8 Damage & Weaken, DC 23 & 18)
Initiative +6

Defenses:

Complications:
Motivation (Revenge)- As a mental-clone of Miles Warren, Carrion III seeks to kill Spider-Man for his part in the deaths of Warren and Gwen Stacy.
Responsibility (Human Being)- William Allen is an unwilling-victim of the Carrion Plague, and occasionally fights to the surface, refusing to commit evil acts.
Enemy (Spider-Man)

Total: Abilities: 60 / Skills: 42--21 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 69 / Defenses: 14 (168)

-Yup, someone created a THIRD Carrion, another one-shotter, a S.H.I.E.L.D. scientist charged with investigating the Carrion Virus, who of course got infected with it and created a Zombie Plague that nearly took over New York. This third Carrion has largely-been permanent, but unutilized, as he appears in background shots (like once in Guardians of the Galaxy, being left in the Negative Zone prison). Basically, he's Malcolm McBride boosted to PL 10 again, with a Contagious Mind Control power that lets him control vast groups of people once they all get into contact with each other. It's also Sustained so that he can use a free action to re-assert his control.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
M4C8

Post by M4C8 »

I find it funny how disliked the Maximum Carnage story line is, I was eleven years old when it was released and it was the first superhero story I ever read, I distinctly remember how much I enjoyed it and how great Mark Bagley's art was. It's one of the two primary reasons I got into comics in the first place (The other being the 90's X-Men cartoon) I have been a Marvel ever obsessive since.

And yes I agree the 'Never take a life no matter what' viewpoint is one of most annoying aspects of certain heroic characters.

Coincidentally just yesterday I was on a comic art site and came across some of Bagley's original designs for Kaine and Carnage (Who was named Chaos)

Carnage
www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1352076

Kaine
www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1382706
'A shared universe, like any fictional construct, hinges on suspension of disbelief. When continuity is tossed away, it tatters the construct. Undermines it'
Ken

Post by Ken »

You know, when flying, Malcolm McBride, William Allen, and the clone of Miles Warren, none of them ever check any bags. Everything they bring is in their Carrion luggage.
My Amazing Woman: a super-hero romantic comedy podcast.

When the most powerful super hero on Earth marries an ordinary man, hilarity ensues.
RUSCHE

Post by RUSCHE »

Ken wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:12 pm You know, when flying, Malcolm McBride, William Allen, and the clone of Miles Warren, none of them ever check any bags. Everything they bring is in their Carrion luggage.
Oh man...that is...wow . Hahaha
Jabroniville

Post by Jabroniville »

M4C8 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:42 pm I find it funny how disliked the Maximum Carnage story line is, I was eleven years old when it was released and it was the first superhero story I ever read, I distinctly remember how much I enjoyed it and how great Mark Bagley's art was. It's one of the two primary reasons I got into comics in the first place (The other being the 90's X-Men cartoon) I have been a Marvel ever obsessive since.

And yes I agree the 'Never take a life no matter what' viewpoint is one of most annoying aspects of certain heroic characters.

Coincidentally just yesterday I was on a comic art site and came across some of Bagley's original designs for Kaine and Carnage (Who was named Chaos)

Carnage
www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1352076

Kaine
www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1382706
Oh, Bagley's art was a definite highlight. Even today, he's one of the best Spider-Man artists of all time, and makes the character look better than just about anybody else can. He's the perfect combination of "toned musculature" and "still kinda skinny". Even John Romita's version of the character could feel a bit TOO big at times.

And yeah, massive multi-crossovers with tons of fighting are a heck of a way to be introduced into comics. Part of my will always love The X-Cutioner's Song for that, even though much of it doesn't hold up with time (check my issue-by-issue reviews, earlier in this thread).
L-Space

Post by L-Space »

KorokoMystia wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 am I remember the SNES game, as well as the Seperation Anxiety SNES game that featured the Five Symbiotes and The Jury. The most I remember are the superhero cameos, the villains featured, and the fact that the Maximum Carnage game featured a song that was a dead ringer for Black Sabbath's The Mob Rules song.
Yea, that one was great, especially since you could do co-op in it. I always lucked out because my cousin always picked Venom so I never had to argue to play Spider-man.
Formerly luketheduke86
Jabroniville

The Five Symbiotes

Post by Jabroniville »

THE FIVE SYMBIOTES:
Created By:
David Michelinie & Ron Lim
First Appearance: Venom: Lethal Protector #4 (May 1993)
Role: Mirror Image Villains, Culmination of Over-Used '90s Concept, Theme-Diluting Jobbers
Villain Ranking: E-Level
Group Affiliations: The Symbiotes

-The Symbiotes are the culmination of all that was wrong with the '90s, and why David Michelinie really failed as a Spidey writer- Venom's over-done nature was bad enough, and Carnage just made it worse. But a Venom LIMITED SERIES, with him fighting a frickin' ARMY of Sybmiotes with powers equal to him? That was just stupid, and was the cap-off to the mass dilution of the Symbiote concept, and helped ruin all the characters involved. Of these five losers, only Scream got any kind of a solid push, and was the only one left alive after she went nuts and killed all the others with a "Sonic Knife"- she even got to appear in the great Spider-Man 3-D Action Simulator Ride at Universal Studios: Islands of Adventure.

-The Symbiotes were meant to be "super-cops", policing the utopia of some "Life Foundation" scientists. They captured Venom, and extracted his "seeds", creating five spawn. Most were not named at first- only three were later given names in various things, but official fan names ended up being used in the 2011 Carnage series, rendering them canon. Scream murdered her four partners when she decided that Symbiotes were evil, and fused their Symbiotes together to form the character known as Hybrid. Years later, Scream & Hybrid were both hunted murdered by the Symbiote-hunting Eddie Brock during the Flash Thompson Agent Venom series. The four Symbiotes were eventually split off of the Hybrid one and attached to new soldiers in the "Mercury Team", which tried to hunt down Carnage- he killed them all, and the Symbiotes formed around DEADPOOL of all people to beat Carnage in the story's cap-off. The Symbiotes later form around Mercury Team's dog, because Deadpool does that kind of thing.

-The Symbiotes are all basically mini-Venoms, being PL 8 guys with mostly-similar powers, lacking Venom & Carnage's overall accuracy or full hitting power. Most have the Tendrils & Webbing, but a couple add different aspects.
Jabroniville

Phage

Post by Jabroniville »

PHAGE (Carl Mach)- The Orange Guy
Created By:
Role: Mirror Image Villain, Culmination of Over-Used '90s Concept, Theme-Diluting Jobber
PL 8 (153)
STRENGTH
2/8 STAMINA 3/8 AGILITY 3/8
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2
INTELLIGENCE 0 AWARENESS 0 PRESENCE 0

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Expertise (Soldier) 6 (+6)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Webbing/Blades) 5 (+7)
Stealth 1 (+9)

Advantages:
Daze (Intimidation), Great Endurance, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:
"Diluted Symbiotic Costume"

"More Than Proportionate to A Spider"
Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]
Enhanced Agility 5 [10]

"Spider-Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

"Spider-Sense- Warns of Danger & Boosts Agility"
Senses 1 (Danger Sense) [1]
Enhanced Skills 10: Acrobatics 3 (+11), Perception 5 (+9), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8) [5]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

"Cellular-Morphing Qualities"
"Scary-Ass Face" Enhanced Skills 2: Intimidation 2 (+8) [1]
Features 1: Carries Pocket [1]
Senses 1 (Radius Sight) [1]
Regeneration 2 [2]
Morph 2 (10) -- [11]
  • AE: Concealment (Visuals) 2 (Flaws: Blending) (2)
"Self-Created Webbing"
"Web-Shooters"
"Tendril" Snare 9 (Feats: Split, Tether) (29) -- [31]
  • AE: "Tendril Burst" Snare 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (24)
  • AE: "Serrated Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 9) (11)
Offense:
Unarmed +8 (+8 Damage, DC 23)
Serrated Blades +7 (+9 Ranged Damage, DC 24)
Tendril Burst +8 Area (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Tendril Grab +7 (+9 Ranged Affliction, DC 19)
Initiative +6 (+8 Symbiote)

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (+8 Spider-Sense, DC 16-18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss/Weakness (Webbing)- If the Symbiotes use too much "Webbing", they will lose strength, or the ability to produce more, having used up too many of the symbiote's cells.
Power Loss (Fire & Sonics)- The Symbiote Race fears both fire and extremely loud noises. Being in proximity to either weakens them to the point of losing all his abilities, moreso with more powerful applications.
Weakness (Fire & Sonics)- Similarly, the Symbiotes take extra damage from fire and sonics. This depends on the writer (or the GM).
Enemy (Spider-Man, Venom)

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 26--13 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 100 / Defenses: 4 (153)

-Phage uses serrated blades as weapons. He was later attached to Rico Axelson of "Mercury Team", who also died.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Lasher

Post by Jabroniville »

LASHER (Ramon Hernandez)- Green Guy With Whips & Mucus
Created By:
Role: Mirror Image Villain, Culmination of Over-Used '90s Concept, Theme-Diluting Jobber
PL 8 (163)
STRENGTH
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Webbing/Blades) 6 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+10

Advantages:

Powers:

Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]
Enhanced Agility 5 [10]

"Spider-Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Enhanced Skills 10: Acrobatics 3 (+11), Perception 5 (+9), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8) [5]
Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

Regeneration 2 [2]
Morph 2 (10) -- [11]
"Self-Created Webbing"
"Web-Shooters"
"Crushing Mucus" Snare 8 (Flaws: Non-Cumulative) Linked to Blast 5 (Extras: Progressive +2) (36) -- [40]
  • AE: "Tendril Burst" Snare 8 (Extras: Area- 30ft. Burst) (Flaws: Touch Range) (24)
  • AE: "Tendril Grab" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether) (26)
  • AE: "Tendril Whips" Strength-Damage +0 (Extras: Ranged 8, Multiattack 8) (16)
Offense:
Tendril Whips +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Tendril Burst +8 Area (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Tendril Grab +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)
Crushing Mucus +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction & +5 Ranged Damage, DC 18 & 20)

Defenses:
Dodge +8 (DC 18), Parry +6 (+8 Spider-Sense, DC 16-18), Toughness +8, Fortitude +9, Will +3

Complications:
Power Loss/Weakness (Webbing)- If the Symbiotes use too much "Webbing", they will lose strength, or the ability to produce more, having used up too many of the symbiote's cells.
Power Loss (Fire & Sonics)- The Symbiote Race fears both fire and extremely loud noises. Being in proximity to either weakens them to the point of losing all his abilities, moreso with more powerful applications.
Weakness (Fire & Sonics)- Similarly, the Symbiotes take extra damage from fire and sonics. This depends on the writer (or the GM).

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 109 / Defenses: 4 (163)

-Lasher uses whips and a Mucus that constricts and crushes its victims (Progressive Damage, which is quite rare). He was later attached to Marcus Simms of "Mercury Team", who also died.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jabroniville

Agony

Post by Jabroniville »

AGONY II (Leslie Gesnerria)- Chick With Acid
Created By:
PL 8 (168)
STRENGTH
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Deception 4 (+4)
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 4 (+4)
Ranged Combat (Webbing/Blades) 6 (+8)
Stealth 2 (+10)

Advantages:

Powers:

Enhanced Strength 6 [12]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]
Enhanced Agility 5 [10]

"Spider-Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Enhanced Parry 2 [2]

Regeneration 2 [2]
Morph 2 (10) -- [11]
"Self-Created Webbing"
"Web-Shooters"
"Acid Spit" Blast 8 (Extras: Secondary Effect) Linked to Weaken Toughness 6 (Extras: Ranged, Affects Objects) (42) -- [45]
  • AE: "Tendril" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether) (26)
  • AE: "Blades" Strength-Damage +2 (Extras: Ranged 8) (10)
Offense:
Blades +8 (+8 Ranged Damage, DC 23)
Acid Spit +8 (+8 Ranged Damage & +6 Weaken, DC 23 & 16)
Tendril Burst +8 Area (+8 Affliction, DC 18)
Tendril Grab +8 (+8 Ranged Affliction, DC 18)

Defenses:

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 32 / Skills: 28--14 / Advantages: 4 / Powers: 114 / Defenses: 4 (168)

-Agony has an Acid Spit that's essentially Disintegration, making her the most expensive Symbiote. She was later attached to James Murphy of "Mercury Team", who also died.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jabroniville

Riot

Post by Jabroniville »

RIOT (Trevor Cole)- Gray Guy With Hammers
Created By:
PL 8 (148)
STRENGTH
4/9 STAMINA 4/9 AGILITY 2/7
FIGHTING 6 DEXTERITY 2

Skills:
Intimidation 6 (+6)
Perception 3 (+3)
Ranged Combat (Webbing/Hammers) 4 (+6)
Stealth 1 (+8)

Advantages:
Close Attack, Daze (Intimidation), Great Endurance, Power Attack, Startle

Powers:

Enhanced Strength 5 [10]
Enhanced Stamina 5 [10]
Enhanced Agility 5 [10]

"Spider-Movement"
Speed 2 [2]
Leaping 2 (30 feet) [2]

Enhanced Skills 10: Acrobatics 3 (+10), Perception 5 (+8), Close Combat (Unarmed) 2 (+8) [5]

Regeneration 2 [2]
Morph 2 (10) -- [11]
"Self-Created Webbing"
"Web-Shooters"
"Tendril" Snare 8 (Feats: Split, Tether) (26) -- [27]
  • AE: "Hammers" Strength-Damage +1 (Extras: Ranged 11) (12)
Offense:
Unarmed +7 (+9 Damage, DC 23)
Hammers +6 (+10 Damage, DC 25)
Tendril Burst +10 Area (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Tendril Grab +8 (+10 Ranged Affliction, DC 20)
Initiative +5 (+7 Symbiote)

Defenses:
Dodge +7 (DC 17), Parry +7 (DC 17), Toughness +9, Fortitude +10, Will +3

Complications:

Total: Abilities: 36 / Skills: 20--10 / Advantages: 5 / Powers: 92 / Defenses: 5 (148)

-Riot is bigger and stronger (coming near Venom & Carnage in overall power), but less accurate. He was later attached to Howard Ogden of "Mercury Team", who also died.
Last edited by Jabroniville on Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.